logo

2. (8 mins ago)
Orgreenic cookware
Sticks to eveything
3. (14 mins ago)
Exilant Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
have to got through professional torture if you give a resignation
4. (16 mins ago)
ccieperfectsolutions.com
Cheated me with the product
5. (54 mins ago)
The Resource Scout LLC
Bogus charges and help me to stop them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Unemployment Benefits

Ohio Unemployment
Columbus, Ohio
ohio.gov
I originally filed for Unemployment in Feb 2009 when I was wrongfully let go from my employer due to absense because of medical issues. I was approved and then my employer appealed it and won. I applied again and was approved 9/2009 and now OHIO unemployment is saying that they made a clerical error and I wasnt supposed to be approved. This is horrible! I have 2 small children to take care of! I need my unemployment. Ohio is wrong.
Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Dec, 2009 by   1concernedcitizen +1 Votes
You are not the only one having problems with unemployment. I filed mine three weeks ago, and am just now getting paperwork saying an appeal has been filed against me. I am so sick of the hoops one has to go through. It's OUR MONEY, JUST GIVE THE DAMN STUFF and let us be on with our lives. Now I'm am about to lose my second house in three months because our last one got foreclosed on. THANKS TO THE OHIO BUREAUCRATS, WE GET SCREWED. BUT HEY, THE RICH PEOPLE IN OUR STATE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PAYING TAXES FOR THE EXTRA MONEY THEY MAKE. SEE WHERE YOU FIT IN?
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   hothead +1 Votes
I would like to be able just to get through to file my week unemployment. I have tried now for 2 days to file for my week of unemployment, and have not got anywhere. I have tried 3 different phone numbers and every phone number tells you to hang up and file on the internet. Well I have news for them, unless you have your money showing in your account, you can not file on the internet. You have to call in and do it. How do they expect you to go out and look for a job, if it takes you 2-3 days all day long to hang on the phone and then you still can't get through to the unemployment people. What does this government expect us people to do? Obama says he needs to create more jobs! Well then start with hiring more people to work for the unemployment office, then maybe we won't have to talk to a computer when we call in. This system is ridiculous!!!
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   cjaybid +1 Votes
I received a red letter and my pay stub reads pay held, I cant open the red letterto find out what the problem is, I emailed but haven't received an answer, And what a complete waste of time trying to telephone. All I have is a cell phone and I either lose the signal or the battery dies. Has any one else had trouble opening their corrospondance from Unemployment?
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   blr1976 +1 Votes
Ok...so I have a question...I have been trying all week long to file my week of unemplyment and have been unable to get through. I am still trying as I type this but it is 20 after 4 on Friday so my chances are slim. So what will happen if I am unable to file by the end of today what will happen? Will I lose this week or will I be able to file whenever I can get through?? I am so frustrated with this system. The automated message keeps telling me file online, BUT I CAN'T because their system is completely messed up! Does anyone one have any answers to this?
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   cincytown +1 Votes
blr1976 - yes i have been having the EXACT same problem. I have continued to file online and each week (this is the 4th), it says "Pay Held". I also got a red letter but when I went to check it (a couple hours after ODJFS emailed me to check the messages), it says I cannot respond it and to contact my local office. I've called everyday and simply cannot get through. I don't know what will happen next, but I know that under the new terms, I am entitled to more money. I just don't know what they are going to do--very frustrating when rent is coming due next week!! Plz keep me posted
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   cincytown 0 Votes
cjaybid - Sorry, my last comment was for cjaybid, not blr 1976
blr 1976, even if you cannot file this week, you should be able to still collect next week. The problem will be, however, that it's still going to be near impossible to get through the line. Try to go to the public library--you can access the internet for free and file that way.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Trisha K +1 Votes
This is bullshit I have been trying to reach a human for 3 days never got my benifits this week, the last time this happened it took 4 weeks before i got any money. There has to be something we can do about this!
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   Thedreamisgone +1 Votes
I've been fighting unemployment since August, 2009, I can't seem to get them to schedule a hearing, I've contacted our State Representative, who contacted them only to be told it would be a while. Now my husband is out of work, we have no income, will lose everything house, car, phone, etc. When I asked for contents of my file folder, it was such a round around, finally, I received it (sorta), and it was everything that I sent them. I want the so called proof my former employer sent (which I'm entitled to), however, it can't be produced. I spoke to one attorney who told me the state is going broke, and are putting everyone through this misery. That's BS...I've also contacted the Congressman which I haven't heard back. I tried to get an attorney though legal aid, and they don't handle these sort of cases. I also have a pending case against my former employer regarding their false statements for my dismissal. It was just another tactful corporate America company who wanted to get rid of someone who was making too much money along with a jealous manager. I hope I have a roof over my head and phone when the hearing is finally scheduled, but it doesn't look like...frustrated beyond words.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   Yeah Yeah 72759 0 Votes
Dear Citizens of Ohio,

I feel for you. I have been fighting my case for unemployment for 2 years now since August of '08, it really started in Dec. of '07. My employer never appealed my case but the ODJFS did. They have no right to denying my benefits but they did. I appealed my case to the UCRC and was still denied. Received my file and found out that the Director and the Hearing Officer committed Fraud, made false statements, and never sent my file to the hearing officer, lost or destroyed my documents and never even really considered my case. I was just one of thousands that they felt they could get away with and rubber-stamp denied on. They have broken so many rules of Ohio law that it is ridiculus. I even appealed my case to the courts and was still denied. People please keep on fighting all the way to the Supreme Court till they recognize that we will not take it any longer. We put in the time to sacrifice and work hard to do what is right for this "great" lol nation and this state, and we will not be denied any longer. I am an American and a Veteran and we must come together in one voice to demand that We The People will not go down without a fight. Everyone that is suppose to help us, from our state representatives, congressmen and congresswomen, even the courts, are on state payroll now and don't care unless it affects their money. We must come together in one voice, on one day to announce that this injustice will not be stood for in this country or anywhere else. We must protest what is happening to all of us around this state. We must find someone to lead us to victory over the unlawful abuse of this goverment. I have worked for thirty plus years to find out that I can't receive what I have worked for all this time in case of me becoming unemployed an emergency is ridiculus. I say that we flood the offices of the Government Accountability Office, the Governor's Office, the Federal Fraud Office, our State Representative's and Senator's offices with complaints about fraud, false and misleading statements, violations of our 5th and 14th Amendment rights, and unjust abuse of powers by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Unemployment Division. Please pass this on, that on this date the 5th of May, 2010 we will flood these offices with our complaints to let them know that we our assembling under the banner of God's Army for the people. I heard somewhere that it takes a rebellion to show that things are wrong or to make things right. Mark your calendars people and send them letters on May 5th, . People to let them know that we are here and that we are not going down quietly.

Respectfully Submitted,

Yeah Yeah 72759
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Robin Sullivan +1 Votes
It, s a shame when someone has been an honest hard working citizen their whole life, then something unfortunate happens like getting fired because people just had it out for you because they didn't like you and they were up the bosses ass, if you will. The employer isn't always right or honest. They can write or say whatever they want to cover their own but! And we get screwed.where is the justice in all this? Signed, Give us what is ours! I just want back a little of what I have worked over twenty-three years for. Thank-you for listening.
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   Unemplyed OHIO 0 Votes
I have had NOTHING but trouble with either not getting through on the phone to them, OR when I go into my UE online account, they are constantly changing the weeks around of when Iam suppose to file, OR I cant claim any weeks at all, they change it as it suits them. And one of my co-workers told me he had gotten sick while on unemployment and he let them know about it and they turned around and stopped all of his unemployment and told him he would have to pay back all of it even weeks BEFORE he had gotten sick!! What a bunch of AHOLES!!!
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   uj06g6 0 Votes
If you want your unemployment try threatening them with threats or threaten to kill urself.
 4th of May, 2010 by   xoe219 +1 Votes
They are a bunch of morons.. I do know that we can take them to court of common pleas- what that will do, not quite sure.. but I'm not stopping until I seek justice!!
 4th of May, 2010 by   xoe219 +2 Votes
They made not only ONE error in duplicating my employer, however they made 2 errors and now they're saying I'm overpaid because of THEIR freakin' error! Idiots! I'm not stopping with this fight, I'll fight to the very bitter end! I'm taking their asses to court!!!
 11th of May, 2010 by   CmonOhio 0 Votes
Okay, I have experienced the same issue. I was entitled to UC as of Nov 1, 2009, and they stated that because I had a child thereafter, I needed to prove that I wasnt disabled. NO doctor ever told me that I was disabled or not able to work. The day after I had my baby, I was up walking around, sitting, talking on the phone, bending over, working on the computer (looking for a job and emailing everyone about the new arrival). The past 20 years of my employment have been clerical/desk work, and having a baby did not effect this, nor was it the reason why I was let go from my employer (restructuring of the company resulted in the office closing). It is now 6 months later, going thru appeals, reviews, hearings, blah blah blah. They are dragging their feet, while I was required to submit documents and everything within 14 days, they took about 90 days just to set a hearing on the review/appeal. RIDICULOUS!!! I am seriously contemplating a CLASS ACTION lawsuit against the state on several grounds, including gender discrimination (they dont render a male disabled when he has a child - yes I know he doesnt physically give birth, but giving birth doesnt effect the ability to perform deskwork and to be honest, my uterus never typed a day in its life anyway - I did!!). Intentional Inflication of Emotional Distress, Contractual interference (state has obligation to provide UC when an employer pays in and an employee is eligible), fraud, misappropriation of funds, abuse of discretion, to mention a few. Also, I want the Governor (who is responsible for appointing members to the review commission) to either whip the people there into shape or fire them. I havent received the decision yet on the review commission hearing, but as usual, it will take forever. Meanwhile, I have zero income and a new child and no job and am facing losing my house. I really am gathering information to determine whether a class action suit would succeed.
 14th of May, 2010 by   angel44240 0 Votes
I'm in for a Class Action Lawsuit ANYTIME! I've had it with these idiots! I got a phone call from a woman from OUC in the technical services department and she said she was in the process of wiping out the overpayment and I should receive some money within the next couple of days.. ONLY to find out that she was full of CRAP! She withdrew my appeal, and so I had to file ANOTHER appeal! IDIOTS!
 17th of May, 2010 by   Yeah Yeah 72759 0 Votes
Dear Citizens of Ohio,

You would not believe the chit I am going thru, i appealed the decision of the UCRC to the courts of montgomery county, while waiting for them to send a date to go to court, I received my file from the unemployment office. I found out where my employer never appealled my complaint against them, it was the unemployment department that denied my benefits. the director that reviewed my case lied, and said that the employer didn't promise me those hours and that the employer said that they might attempt to give me those hours. The Director made this false statement specifically designed deny my benefits.

Citizens, be aware that there are things that you can do to protect yourselves. i don't have my papers with me right now but I have information that maybe able to help some of you.

By fighting my case for so long, I have found certain statutes that maybe able to help some of you. I'll have to get back with everybody later on this but give me a ring if you want this information.

Respectfully Submitted,

Yeah Yeah
 23rd of May, 2010 by   CmonOhio +1 Votes
All who are in for filing a Class action (assuming the law firm that I contact thinks there are grounds for such a suit), email me at born4law@hotmail.com. I am sick of these governmental agencies strongarming us and treating us unfairly.
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   shannygirl007 0 Votes
My claim was overturned and benefits ceased on Jan 30th 2010. I appealed my former employer's appeal in February 2010. I took until JUNE 29th before I ever had a hearing. However, the original decision was overturned and I am eligible for benefits! YAY--justice prevails. BUT...I didn't know that I should have been filing claims since February. They didn't tell me this, and why would I continue to file if the claim keeps getting "DENIED"? So...they say I am out of luck in recooping all of the previous weeks and that I can only file going forward. This sucks. How hard would it to reinstate the benefits for the previous weeks I should have been getting them in the first place???!!!
 24th of Jul, 2010 by   lopopholes 0 Votes
After the Federal Extended Benefits expired the first week of June, I, just like everyone else, was unable to file online. When I logged into the ODJFS website it "no claim can be submitted at this time". That was because Federal EB had expired, everyone knew this. If my web portal is telling me that no claim can be filed, why would I try to call in a claim?

After Federal EB were restored last week, I called in Thursday and asked how to claim the past 6 weeks. They took my claims over the phone and now the status of each is "PAY HELD $0.00". I have funds available in my current tier. ODJFS also sent a correspondence I had to fill out explaining why I was late making these claims. ODJFS DISABLED WEB CLAIMS during the time EB were expired - they should have ALLOWED web claims to make THEIR jobs easier. Now they have to take claims over the phone when they could be helping people with other issues. Now I cannot get a person on the phone. The message says that all reps are busy due to high call volume and ends the call. Poor management!

Please EVERYONE email Senators Brown and Voinovich along with Gov. Strickland and let them know that they are creating loopholes no to pay out claims. Below are links to their contact pages to send them a message:

http://apps.das.ohio.gov/govpublic/contact.aspx Gov. Strictland
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=OH Senators

P.S. The State of Ohio is the Government and cannot be sued. Contact the Governor, Senators, and media (10TV.com, 6 on your side, etc.).

Phishing Scams www.insideIDtheft.info