logo

Nuderma
they charge me 89.15 for a free sample
5. (55 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Mandy

Simply ridiculous

Odenza
odenza.com
My now husband and I were very excited when we received a voucher for a free 3 night cruise after attending a promotional session for waterless cookwear. We didn't know were to go for our honeymoon and were hoping to save some money. We sent in our voucher and received a brochure from VIP vacations, NY. We decided we would like to upgrade for a longer 5 day cruise. We sent in our $50 money order and waited. We never got a phone call. My husband phoned the company. They said we would not be able to go on a three day cruise until January of next year! We wanted this to be our honeymoon but she informed us of an earlier 5 day cruise which we thought was great. She emailed the form but claimed the rates would go up during the weekend. Then she was conviently out of town for the next two weeks. We were rushed to make a decision. Not having ever been on a cruise before agreeded to the price of $630 per person and port fees of $201.91 per person. For a grand total of $1663.82. Then waited to confirmation which is only done through email. We obtained our confirmation the next day! So I'm thinking great. When I went to register on carnival I couldn't enter our booking number. I kept trying at no avail. I finally figured out she and given us the wrong ship. After entering the right ship was able to register. Completed my funpass through carnival and was viewing the documents only to find that our cabin is way at the front of the ship. Yuck. Viewed the contract from carnival and found the price quoted from carnival with a cruise amount of $1, 618 which is $809 per person. I thought I was getting a deal. Then I saw the taxes and fees which was $115.82 which was only $57.91 per person. I was being charged $201 for taxes and port fees. I called odenza and was on hold for a long time. I spoke to a gentlemen who told me I could only deal with the lady who booked the cruise and was transferred only to receive her voicemail and left a message. I was determined and called again. After waiting again for a long time, the same gentleman answered and I told him I wanted to speak to someone today not the next business day and that I only received her voicemail. He said she was the only travel agent that I could talk to even though everyone had access to the same information. I asked if she was in the building and he said yes. I left another message but was not polite. I was surprised when she called me back the same day. I asked her about the difference in prices and she had no idea what I was referring to. I told her about the website and it took her some time to located the information. When I asked about the pricing she claimed that the port fees where included in the cruise amount quoted by carnival. I asked her about the prices of the cruise and why I wasn't receiving 3 free days. She became very rude to me and yelling about how the voucher was applied and that were we going during peak season and the voucher was only good during the off season. She said this was all explained before we booked the cruise which was not. I asked what the dollar amount was then that she applied. She would not give me that information. I told her I didn't really see where I was saving any money. The total price from carnival was 1, 803.82. I paid $1, 663.82. If you subtract that the difference is only $140. Plus minus the $50 for processing fees. A total of $90. My advice is to go directly through Carnival. The voucher probably cost that much for the company to buy from them. Odenza is not giving you a deal.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2011 by   mcal1964 0 Votes
Here is a link about Odenza marketing/star rebates who are based in Burnaby BC but have "shell companies" in the US. This appears to be a Ponzi scheme. Just Google "Odenza, Star Rebates, Ripoff, scheme" and you will see what I mean.

here is a link to a story about this company out of Seattle:

www.kirotv.com/money/28113836.detail.html

here is the company website:

www.odenza.com
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   Tom1111 0 Votes
Just started to check this free cruise out. Not sure what to make of it . There is no phone number for a contact. Can't get into the website for any additional information. Defiantly starting to sound too good to be true. Might decide not to waste my time in pursuit.

Credit Card Skimming + ATM and Debit Skimming