logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
dermajuve
add says try it free only pay shipping
2. (8 mins ago)
US Pharmacy
constant telemarketing
3. (17 mins ago)
Radaris.eu
Failure to remove personal info
5. (40 mins ago)

Ocwen

Posted: 2012-10-10 by    bill143

rip off

Ocwen
Mortgage rip off artist's, bad business practices and collection process and fraudulent fees added to keep customers out of foreclosure.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I did a loan notification in May, wanting to keep my house I did what they asked and gave them the down payment of $1, 500. They said to make 2 payments for the first two months in the amount of $2, 498.00. They still managed to send me a statement with late fees and other fees on top of that. I could not make my original payments that were around $2, 100.00, why I agreed to it is beyond me. I recently contacted them again and advised that I just can't make those type of payments. They said that I could do another loan notification and that I would now have to come up with almost $2, 700.00, which they said was an average of two monthly payments. I told the rep if that was true then why the first time was my down payment only $1, 500.00?

He could not answer me. I then asked if they were participating in the Hope for Homeowners program, he said that at this time he did not see that my loan would qualify that they had already sent letters to who did. I said that the program states that if the amount of your payment exceeds 31 percent of your income and that you needed to check with your mortgage company to see if they were participating. If you are participating and I fit the qualifications why can't I start the process.

All he said was you might qualify later, but in the mean time the longer I wait the more my downpayment on a modification may go up. I could go on and on, specially on how when you call customer service you get people who read a script from India. I have asked several times that I wanted to speak to someone in West Palm Beach and I get switched back to the main menu and get the same customer service in India. They act like they want to help but have the attitude of 'oh well'...
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   Hater 0 Votes
I am also a Ocwen customer in Washington state. I am in foreclosure with Ocwen now. Its funny how they told you that they were participating in the program, but when i ask them they always say, not at this time we are not particpating in it. I truly hate this company it is such a joke and no one ever knows what they are talking about. I feel your pain.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   TreP33 0 Votes
I made my first on-line payment to Ocwen today. My mortgage was sold to Ocwen from Saxon and I always paid on line. Western Union Speed Pay was an additional $3.00 per payment with Saxon. Ocwen...$10.00! I called them and they said, different states have different amounts that are charged. This is not my case, as I paid Saxon from the state as I paid Ocwen. They asked me for my confirmation # so they can note the file that I made the pmt. Asked me about Nov. pmt, and they did not even have the loan in Nov.
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   neoblueyes 0 Votes
My experience with Ocwen is similar. Voicemail hell and the right hand not having a clue what the left is doing. I would consult a realtor you can trust. They will have the ability to verify what the status of your account is with the courts. I got plenty of scary bogus letters and varified via same plus other resources that most of it was not: Find the best applicable lawyer near you for INITIAL FREE counsel regarding your rights. Trust me, it will amaze you what you will learn. MAY WANT TO REFER TO THIS SITE AND ALSO DISCUSS PROBABILITY OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT. COUNT ME IN IF THAT IS THE CASE! NEOBLUEYES@GMAIL.COM
It took me a year of due diligence via phone, repeat applications, a journal documenting all of my efforts, and emails to get my HAMP agreement after I was refused once and sent an in-house bad deal which I refused. My orignal loan was sold 3x in 6 months! I talked to an ombudsman along with several different alleged Ocwen departments, 2 lawyers, and several realtors to aquire info regarding MY rights. I finally got my agreement, it is noted as rec'd (certified and on web) but all other info is skewed. So far...so good. DO NOT LET THEM SCARE YOU. Defend yourself in all ways imaginable! Best Wishes, Britt
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by   Lee1227 0 Votes
Ocwen is probably the WORST mortgage servicing company in America. They are trying to charge me more than $4000. in fees that they have been unable to explain for the last 7 years. I have more than 100 calls to this company only to get the run around everytime I call, if I can even understand the people from India who takes their calls. Not 1 person from Ocwen has ever returned my call or if they do they are not able to explain the additional charges. Stay away from this rip-off company if you possibly can!
 18th of Jul, 2012 by   kisr 0 Votes
Is there any of you out there willing to work together to bring a class action suit against these terrorists? I am tired of the run-around and empty promises. Everything else has an expose' or undercover action to expose them. We need to work to bring these thieves to a place where they have to answer for these blatant crimes. Lets get this going pleeeezzzzz! I am in maryland and will post my contact information if I get a positive response.

Thanks
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   rell717 0 Votes
you do not pay until your modification is approved!!!

only company available that does this!!

jones