Ocwen

Posted:

rip off

Ocwen
Mortgage rip off artist's, bad business practices and collection process and fraudulent fees added to keep customers out of foreclosure.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I did a loan notification in May, wanting to keep my house I did what they asked and gave them the down payment of $1, 500. They said to make 2 payments for the first two months in the amount of $2, 498.00. They still managed to send me a statement with late fees and other fees on top of that. I could not make my original payments that were around $2, 100.00, why I agreed to it is beyond me. I recently contacted them again and advised that I just can't make those type of payments. They said that I could do another loan notification and that I would now have to come up with almost $2, 700.00, which they said was an average of two monthly payments. I told the rep if that was true then why the first time was my down payment only $1, 500.00?

He could not answer me. I then asked if they were participating in the Hope for Homeowners program, he said that at this time he did not see that my loan would qualify that they had already sent letters to who did. I said that the program states that if the amount of your payment exceeds 31 percent of your income and that you needed to check with your mortgage company to see if they were participating. If you are participating and I fit the qualifications why can't I start the process.

All he said was you might qualify later, but in the mean time the longer I wait the more my downpayment on a modification may go up. I could go on and on, specially on how when you call customer service you get people who read a script from India. I have asked several times that I wanted to speak to someone in West Palm Beach and I get switched back to the main menu and get the same customer service in India. They act like they want to help but have the attitude of 'oh well'...
 29th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am also a Ocwen customer in Washington state. I am in foreclosure with Ocwen now. Its funny how they told you that they were participating in the program, but when i ask them they always say, not at this time we are not particpating in it. I truly hate this company it is such a joke and no one ever knows what they are talking about. I feel your pain.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ocwen is my second mortg and I've had same problems as all others I've read with contact and late fees, drive by fees to be sure house is not vacant...fees fees...now they have sent me a modification agreemt asking for down paymt etc I'm at loss whether to sign or not. I owe more on this form than I originally borrowed 4 years ago and made payments until I lost employment in Oct. Last three months I've paid, but I'm still 2 months behind plus their fees and they call constantly Do I sign or not?
 4th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I made my first on-line payment to Ocwen today. My mortgage was sold to Ocwen from Saxon and I always paid on line. Western Union Speed Pay was an additional $3.00 per payment with Saxon. Ocwen...$10.00! I called them and they said, different states have different amounts that are charged. This is not my case, as I paid Saxon from the state as I paid Ocwen. They asked me for my confirmation # so they can note the file that I made the pmt. Asked me about Nov. pmt, and they did not even have the loan in Nov.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've had problems with Ocwen withholding payments sent by mail until late before depositing, years ago, and our home (almost) went into forclosure before I realized what they were up too! After paying all their sketchy fees and penalties we solved this by sending every payment certified mail (I also saved their complete bill, with payment coupon still attached, and sent only copies along with my check), and I did this for years. Mind you it was a hassel, always having to go to the Post Office and paying extra for the postage service, but still it was worth the peace of mind. I did eventually turn to just paying online, which gave me a reciept right away with a conformation # and date immediatly.

We're now having problems again, but this time my husband has had cateract surgery twice, first one in Feb. 2009 with 2 weeks of disabilty, and was layed off due to lack of work from 3/19/09-5/3/09 and collected acouple unemployment checks, and then had his 2nd cateract surgery Dec. 30th 2009 with another 2 weeks off with Disability Ins. (which we all know takes 2 weeks to get your 1st ck from either one of these Companies).
Any way our 19/23/09 bill states we owe we got behind 2 payments and I called them to make payment arraingments. And they told me my only option was to download a file called H.A.M.P ( I think it stands for Home Ameisty Mortgage Program and was something the President propossed to help the Home Owner in trouble of lossing their homes). I offered to send them $1000.00 that day, which would have covered 4 months ( we're lucky because our house payments are only 230.31 a month) they said they couldn't because their system would reject any payment I would try to send them because of being more then 60 days late (our last past due statement was dated 12/2/09 for $239.69). So I tried to download their file and it wouldn't let me saying there were restrictions or we were not eligable & to call Ocwen. So I called them back. This time the girl I talked to said we were'nt elligible for this modification and the only way to save our house was to pay our bill in full which was $1, 510.00 (they were charging us for a $510 Title search and they hold our Title?). I told her we didn't have it! She said she was sorry but that was our only option. I was furious and what I said was really stupid, but I told her that was totally rediculous and that I was going to call the President (the President? Yah right) and complain! And I hung up. I was in tears and was just sitting thinking about who I could actually call to get answers to their $510 Title search (What the heck! If they don't have it. who does? Yikes), when the phone rang, I answered it, and it was the same girl I had just talked to and she said before I hung up on her (yah right) she was about to tell me she was sorry and wanted to apoligize to me because she was wrong about having to pay in full and that it would be fine to make a payment of $1000.00 if we sent it Western Union purchased at WalMart (what a joke! Makes me wonder about a lot of things they told me). I agreed to this and hung up. And by the way Walmart doesn't have Western Union, its called MoneyGram. They also added a Property Inspection fee of $10.50, and a Property Valuation fee of $43.52 also on 2/19/10 (my 1/18/10 bill shows us being charged $109.00 for this same Property Val. Inspection fee not $43.52), which is a bunch of bull. On my newest bill (dated 2/22/10 it reinstates us four times + $28.14 in late charges all dated 2/19/10. which is the day I bought the Money Gram. Here are the four;
Regualar Multiple Reinstatement #1 $258.45+$28.14 late charges ($9.38 a month x 4=37.52-28.14=$9.38 unaccounted for), 2nd R.M.R. $235.85, third R.M.R $284.33, and the forth R.M.R $221.37=$1000.00. On this same bill is when they first show the $510.00 Title search. not included in the amount owed on bill that month. Your get the idea, nothing adds up! I'm calling them in a few minutes to go over all my numbers with me but I've done this before and they never comprehend what I'm trying to tell them. Conclustion: They're Predature Lendures out to rip us off with all kinds of hidden fees! Look out!

A Totally frustrated homeowner
 6th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
My experience with Ocwen is similar. Voicemail hell and the right hand not having a clue what the left is doing. I would consult a realtor you can trust. They will have the ability to verify what the status of your account is with the courts. I got plenty of scary bogus letters and varified via same plus other resources that most of it was not: Find the best applicable lawyer near you for INITIAL FREE counsel regarding your rights. Trust me, it will amaze you what you will learn. MAY WANT TO REFER TO THIS SITE AND ALSO DISCUSS PROBABILITY OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT. COUNT ME IN IF THAT IS THE CASE! NEOBLUEYES@GMAIL.COM
It took me a year of due diligence via phone, repeat applications, a journal documenting all of my efforts, and emails to get my HAMP agreement after I was refused once and sent an in-house bad deal which I refused. My orignal loan was sold 3x in 6 months! I talked to an ombudsman along with several different alleged Ocwen departments, 2 lawyers, and several realtors to aquire info regarding MY rights. I finally got my agreement, it is noted as rec'd (certified and on web) but all other info is skewed. So far...so good. DO NOT LET THEM SCARE YOU. Defend yourself in all ways imaginable! Best Wishes, Britt
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Ocwen is probably the WORST mortgage servicing company in America. They are trying to charge me more than $4000. in fees that they have been unable to explain for the last 7 years. I have more than 100 calls to this company only to get the run around everytime I call, if I can even understand the people from India who takes their calls. Not 1 person from Ocwen has ever returned my call or if they do they are not able to explain the additional charges. Stay away from this rip-off company if you possibly can!
 18th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Is there any of you out there willing to work together to bring a class action suit against these terrorists? I am tired of the run-around and empty promises. Everything else has an expose' or undercover action to expose them. We need to work to bring these thieves to a place where they have to answer for these blatant crimes. Lets get this going pleeeezzzzz! I am in maryland and will post my contact information if I get a positive response.

Thanks
 30th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
you do not pay until your modification is approved!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eastside-Capital-Foreclosure-Prevention/1078618527... />
only company available that does this!!

jones
 3rd of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
There is a home 216 Winfred dr felton de. It has been abandoned by its owner 5 years ago. Owner wants nothing to do with this home. Have contacted Ocwen several times about putting this home up for sale as it has become an eyesore in my neighborhood. Several people are interested in buying it. Looks like Ocwen would rather let it rot & be demolished. None of these mortgage companies should have ever been bailed out. this is what we get from them!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree