logo

Peachtree Windows and Doors
NonStop Warranty Worthless
5. (41 mins ago)
Trustpilot.co.uk
deceit by trustpilot by writing good fake reviews

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ocwen Loan Servicing, Orlando, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Scam and fraud!

Ocwen Loan Servicing Contacts & Informations

PO Box 785056
Orlando, Florida
Phone: 800-746-2936
www.ocwen.com
I have had dealings with mortgage lenders in the past but dealing with OCWEN is horrible. When I purchased my home in 2006, my loan was sold off to OCWEN after a few months. About two months later the problems with OCWEN started. They claimed that they did not have documentation showing that I had homeowners insurance. I called them immediately. The person I spoke to had trouble understanding and spoke broken english. I explained to them that I do have insurance and I will fax them a copy. After faxing it 3 times and sending a copy by certified mail, they finally received it. I spent at least 3 hours on the phone over a 3 week period trying to get them a copy of my insurance information.

In early 2007 the drama continued. Taxes were due and I thought by having an impound account I would not have to worry about my taxes getting paid. Well, with OCWEN it appears you have to worry about everything and you are never at ease as long as you do business with them. I forwarded several tax bills that were due because they claimed they did not receive the bills (by the way, the tax department is a not part of OCWEN, at least that's what they claim) After faxing the bills in February and sending the bills by mail they were not paid and late fees on my property taxes began to accumulate. I spent at least a total of 4 hours talking to OCWEN, faxing OCWEN, mailing OCWEN, in an effort to get these taxes paid. They finally paid the tax bills in April. They took late fees out of my impound account and never reimbursed me after they told that they are responsible for the late fees.

Now we are in 2008 and taxes are due again. As soon as the bills came I sent them certified mail. I tried to fax the bills also but after several attempts to fax from home and several attempts to fax from Office Depot the line was always busy so I gave up. At this point I dreaded the worst, my taxes probably have not been paid and I will have to go through the same process as last year.

Currently I am receiving two calls a day from OCWEN regarding my mortgage payment which has never been late. I recently called to ask them to put me on their do not call list because they have no reason to call me my account is current and I am never late, the CSR said she would remove me, but the calls have not stopped.

I would like desperately to get out of this loan with OCWEN, it has been very stressful and time consuming dealing with such a inept company. After reading all these stories I am concerned about my well being.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Mar, 2008 by   Iceman32 0 Votes
Ocwen purchased our second lien without our knowledge so when we sent in the check like we normally do, on time, our first loan company misapplied our payment to a different account. They realized the mistake but they realized it three days after the sale of our second lien to Ocwen so they couldn't reapply the funds. Select Portfolio has been great and has tried everything to help us get the payment straight with Ocwen but with no success. We have had several calls with Ocwen. We have had two conference calls with Select Portfolio and Ocwen in which Select Portfolio ripped them apart for not having their business together. Select Portfolio overnighted them a check and even with the tracking number and who signed for it they couldn't find it. Miraculously they later found it and SENT IT BACK to Select Portfolio. This began in October so every check we've sent Ocwen since they have posted to the current month and not the coming month as stated on the memo line. They are reporting us as slow or late pay to the credit companies and have been completely incompetent or unwilling to credit the check from Select Portfolio as an on time October payment and correct all of the mis-posted payments and fix our credit. This has been a 5 month nightmare. I can't say enough about how great Select Portfolio has been through this process just as I can't say enough about how awful Ocwen has been. If you ever have a choice on a mortgage company, life insurance company or any other financial company never choose Ocwen. If you ever get anything soliciting a service in the mail from Ocwen throw it in the trash before you ever even open it. You can thank me later.
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
I have had the same problems with OCWEN. I turned them into several places they fought me. I have a stack of documentation showing that they didn't pay my homeowner's insurance or taxes and my homeowner's insurance was cancelled. In a panic I signed on to another company and they billed OCWEN low and behold they paid both the one cancelled and the new one and then raised my house payment to where I couldn't afford it. If it wasn't for credit I would give them back the house because I hate dealing with them. They can be rude and inconsiderate and put the blame back on you for their faults!!! My house payments were raised beyond what I could afford and it put me in a financial situation and now I am behind on all my other bills and of course they won't do anything to compensate for the troubles. I now pay my own taxes and insurance because I can make mistakes on my own, I don't need a corporation doing it for me!!
 7th of May, 2008 by   REGINA MONTIGNEY 0 Votes
like ever one says ocwen is a rip off .i am going to fight this what ocwen and his lawyer did was wrong and i like to know how they got away with it.the loan company or bank buys our home back for a 100.00 dollars i am going to write to ever one until i get answers. the judge set aside our home and they worked around it and i like to know why and add more charges to the loan i hope yous dont give up fight back to save your homes god ble you all write to the GOVERNOR .OCWEN WAS GOING TO WWORK SOMETHING OUT WITH MY HUSBAND TO SAVE THE HOME AND THERE LAWYER shapiro &fishman, llp auction our home off with out us knowing it ocwen is a rip off and who iss hsbc bank.my husband loan was with ocwen not hsbc bank good luck to all
 11th of Jun, 2008 by   mapiscor 0 Votes
To some extent that's true, getting what you want from any mortgage is not a pice of cake. When a loan is transfered from one company to other, the lender dont need to consult the customer where they are transferring the loan to but they need to inform you that its gonna be transfered to such and such company and its the responsibility of the new servicer to inform the customer that the loan has been transferred to them and the new servicer has the right to do so within 60 days of the transfer. When a loan is transferred the new servicer cannot report you to the credit bureau as late or delinquent within the 60 days period provided ur loan was absolutely current with the prior servicer. I agrree with the insurance problem as there's always confusion when loans are sold, but when it comes to escrow..if ur account is escrowed its the duty of the servicer to pay the tax or ins...and if there's ""any penalty assessed by the county the servicer will have to pay for it and the customer has no right to claim that amount as no part of the customer escrow amount is used for paying the penalty "".

I was in a mortage industry since 2004-2007 and took active part in trying to minimize errors. But to be honest out of the research that was done due to customer complaints only about 5% is just. I quit the job due to the fact that working in a mortgage industry..we deal with people's live, some are left homeless because of FC, ...you know that the customers are at fault, they failed to oblidged the contract that was signed, they are irate, its their fault..but end of the day they are loosing their homes, their livelyhood, and there's nothing you can do about it ...all the company wants is to make profit...no human heart...I just cant take the pressure anymore of seeing helpless people. so i had to say bye bye.

I want to help people (not financially) who genuinely know that they are right but doesnt understand anything about the what the loan doccument says... if any one needs my help and if they want to consult me.. you may contact me directly at http://lonelymizo.com through the contact form.

P.N. We are non profit and voluntary, and are not legally trained, but ex-employees of mortgage companies and pls do not expect a response like paid professional help but we'll try our best.
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   Gina De Guzman 0 Votes
Our original mortgage company sold our loan to this company Ocwen with out our knowledge. We are always on time but since our loan has adjusted we are struggling to make our mortgage payments. We have tried to contact them numerous times to request a loan modification but they are un willing to work with us. I have worked so hard to purchase this home and even put 50K down payment. I contacted an attorney but they told me that their is nothing that they could do.

My co-worker was in a similar position as mine but she was able to modify her loan using this company homersaverprogram.org. I contacted them and initially I did not think they could do much at all since an attorney already told me I had no chance. But to my surprise they said they could help. After a few weeks of working with this company, I received a letter from Ocwen with the details of my loan modification. I could not believe it. I really thought all of my hard work and money would just disappear.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   J 0 Votes
Trust me, Select Portfoio Servicing is just as bad.
 31st of Aug, 2008 by   Nancy Negulis 0 Votes
I had the same trouble with since they took my loan and now i am losing my home to forcloser because they keep raising my payments when I thought I had a fixed rate. I've even tried to get someone else to take the loan but they appraised the house for to much and took all the equity so no one will touch it.
 30th of Sep, 2008 by   M.Leonard 0 Votes
It is refreshing, albeit, not comforting to realize that there are other customers that share my frustrations with OCWEN. Since our loan was "sold" 2 yrs ago to them, it has been one issue after another. Too many to list and basically redundant to those you read above. We can not contact anyone there and when we are able to reach someone, it is difficult to discuss issues/concerns due to their limited english.
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
Ocwen needs to be put out of business and have more class action suits filed against them. I am willing to do this and I live in Missouri. If anyone sees this ad and is interested, reply on site. Need to be report to FTC. They also like to do funny stuff with your money.
 18th of Oct, 2008 by   J.C. Spencer 0 Votes
I never can get in touch with an Ocwen loan officer or don't even know where to send my correspondence . My loan was sold to Ocwen without my knowledge . My interest rate is very high .I have prepared a letter to them that I'll send registered to a PO Box. I probably won't get a reply . It seems we could start a class action suit &/or complain to the our respective States Attorney General?
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   jo shmo 0 Votes
Ocwen is everything and more than the things mentioned on this complaint board! My wife and I original had our loan with American mtg servs ( self employed at the time ) then they sold it to First horizon, then finally Ocwen, When we first started having problems with our monthly payments they raised our interest rates so high we just could not keep up, over the Corse of 4 years our payment went from around $2500 month to $3900 month not to mention that our homeowners insurance was "supposed" to be included and taxes "which never were" !calling this company was a task in itself as mentioned in another post, Moral of this story is we lost our HOME back in march 2008 and have been bouncing from home to home since, our credit is ruined and we can never look forward to owning our own home again. Thanks Ocwen for #@*&ing another Family We have two small children you assholes.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   eldina 0 Votes
This is so sad, I hope over time when the government understand whats going on, that you can go to court and take back what they took from you and the children.
I have a similar story, however Im still in the house, but dont know for how long:

13th of May, 2009 by   Struggling Mother 0 Votes
I totally agree that the service Owen provides is malicious and scam. I too had my loan sold to Ocwen through Countrywide. I am looking for a way for a law suit. They have caused me and my family so much grieve. I now have a foreclosure on my credit, this happened in 2007. Now I dont think I can ever purchase again.
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   beatrice 0 Votes
Someone needs to stop this Ocwen. I'm reading the same story here over and over. Ocwen is ripping people off. My mortgage comapny sold to Ocwen and I've had nothing but trupbles since I've been wiht them. I've written 11 letters and called I don't know how many times. Nothing changes and nothing is done. Can we all bond together in some way and take a suit against them? I will lead the way...just tneed the back up form all of you.

thanks
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   Help Now Educational Alliance 0 Votes
To all homeowner's dealing with OCWEN...we are Help Now Educational Alliance and we currently have active clients dealing with the same issues with OCWEN. We assist and help our customers in the process of legally saving their home ownership even if they are in default, or have already been foreclosed by declaring their ownership. Do NOT let them take advantage of you call us now before it's too late. 1-800-445-4463.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   one ear john 0 Votes
Help Now Educational Alliance is a RIPOFF. They tell you they will assist you in fighting for your home, but in reality they are only after your hard earned money. They purport to assist you all the while wooing you with this well disguised scheme to access your UCC-1 account, so they can line their pockets with your money. They are common crooks disguised as homeowner friendly advocates, but in reality they are in the business of taking your money and losing your homes. They should be thoroughly investigated and locked up. The head guys there are a con-man by the name of darren smith and some lawyer type named jim brown...both crooks, conmen and liars.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Stepahanie 0 Votes
Our Loan was sold to Ocwen a few years back and I have to say they are by far the worst lender. We have had nothing but problems from day1.

Our first year with Ocwen we got a letter from the tax assessors office saying our taxes were not paid. Since our mortgage is supposed to pay our taxes and insurance I was very confused by that. We contacted Ocwen and they said the taxes were paid when in fact they weren't. We contacted the tax assessor's office and Ocwen hadn't made any payments and they were getting ready to put our house up for auction. My husband and I were so scared since we did not have the money to pay for the whole year that Ocwen owed. We called Ocwen a number of times trying to get this resolved and they would lie and say they spoke to someone name "Mary" at the assessors office. "Mary" never worked there. Long story short we were within days before we were going to have our house auctioned before we found out they were paying the taxes to the wrong parcel number.

We are now trying to modify our loan and it has been nothing but trouble. We can't get anyone on the phone who speaks English and they claim to be missing paperwork we have sent in 3 times. They are making me very nervous since I have been a homeowner since I was 18 and have a lot of money (did anyway before the housing market crashed) invested in our home.

I wish there was a way to change mortgage lenders. We are playing with fire with them.
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   michael rabino 0 Votes
I have had nightmarish encounters with this bank there has got to be someplace we can collectively go in Goverment, does anyone have any ideas?
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Fla. -1 Votes
I too have an Ocwen complaint. I have been waiting since Nov. for a loan modification. I paid an attorney to handle it and now i'm wondering if i have been taken on that too, because they asked for an up front fee.
Where does the average person go for help?
No one seems to care
No one is getting it.
Except for those caught in the net.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   EvrHis7 0 Votes
While I do not have a mortgage and never have, my daughter and her husband have - with Saxon Mortgage, until just this week, when the loan was transferred to Oswen. Many of you comment that these companies are incompetent. Please understand this: No - they are not. They are fully competent - at the game they are playing. It is a game they play with those who don't know any better.
They WANT to be vague, "lose" your paperwork, your payments, and other important information. They WANT you to get frustated and give up. They BANK on your ignorance f their game tactics. They fully understand what they are doing and they do it on purpose. There is money to be made for those within the company who can snag a home away from a borrower for the company, especially if you have positive equity of any kind.
THEY want your positive equity. My daughter's house has positive equity of $50, 000 plus. Saxon Mortgage played this game, it has been in court for well over a year and when the judge said Saxon had two weeks left this month to settle it, or lese, Saxon immediately sold it to Ocwen, who, I am sure will do worse than Saxon has.
I have an idea: Since the government, the attorneys, and nobody else seems to have the brains to know how to fight these vultures, what if EVERY family who has been victimized by these companies turned the tables on them.
What if every one of you formed a group and paid your payments to your own established escrow accounts, in the same months. That means that no one is paying them anything. In two or three months they lose so much income that they either settle with each of you, or you all join together and file a massive class action against them.
Just an idea. But it'd have to be done at the same time, as a large group effort. Doing it alone will sink you. Play your own game against them. After all, they are playing with you, hoping you'll just give up and go away - leaving them a perfectly good house for nothing. You don't have much else to lose, since in the end you lose your house anyway. They WILL win because nobody is fighting them, including your attorney.
This nation won its worst battles by individuals fighting for their rights. No wars were ever won by attorneys. This one won't be, either.
Just a thought or two.