logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-10-20 by    Mottie Berry

loan modification

Ocwen
Sumter, South Carolina
My home loan was also purchased by Ocwen. After asking for them to lower my house payments due to the death of my husband and my income reductions, I sent to them requested paper work 3 times, plus once they said they only needed a copy of my husband's death certificate & a copy of his will to lower it. I did that and now am worried I should not have done that. My previous mortgage company I was never late or behind in any way. After his death I got behind, but I sold off many of my beloved belongings to catch up. Every time I ask about how the work was coming on my request they said it took from 30 to 90 dyas. (that time passed many times) They then say my income was too high. Since then I have now been diagnosed with Cancer and my family plans are to keep the house in the family. I am 70 years old, live on Medicare and my medications takes up over 1/2 of what I receive and then monthly utilities I am in "the hole" monthly. If anyone ever deserved a hardship reason to lower my payments even a little it is my case. The last call they said the only thing I could do was a short sell or short sale I am not even sure what that is. I told them to forget the whole thing and I will keep making my payments every month. Why is it so hard for them to lower my monthly payments.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2010 by   KJD 0 Votes
Too long to write. Started Loan Mod. in Dec 2008. On hold for hours. Denied. Hired in Feb (2009) what we believed to be specialists for $2, 000 to deal with OCWEN with promises that they can get it done in 3 months. Was not late on a payment at that time. Lost a job. Stopped payiong in July 2009. Fired the so called specialists in Dec. 2009. Reported them to the Attorney Generals office who informed us to0 bad too sad take them to civil court. The specialists told us not to sign an Obama plan received in Oct. 2009 stating is was inacurate. Called OCWEN in Dec to find out what we need to do. They satated that because the Obama plan was not signed in Oct 2009 that we must apply for an OCWEN Mod. Jan 2010 applied for Ocwen Mod. Denied by OCWEN & must redo Obama Plan. Jan 2010 denied Obama Plan because we did not sign the Oct. 2009 . Must do OCWEN Mod. Feb 2010 applied for OCWEN Mod. Feb denied Ocwen Mod must write a letter stating that we do not want OBAMA Plan. Wrote letter. March 2010 Denied Ocwen Plan must do Obama Plan. No (OCWEN stated) must do OCWEN Mod. March 2010 applied for OCWEN MOd. April 2010 Denied OCWEN Mod must do OBAMA Plan. April 2010 received Auction notice on our home dated (March 15). Home is going to Auctopn on June 17th 2010. This is the short version of what we have been through. We need to move on with our life.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   Stryker99 +1 Votes
Welcome to the world of predatory lending and it looks as though it is here to stay. Hmm. Wonder where Obama and his Make My Home Affordable plan fit into this scheme? Make my home affordable...for whom? The predatory lender? I too have fallen prey to these outright crooks. They are foreclosing on my home in just a matter of weeks because we missed some phantom payment of just a few hundred dollars somewhere down the line. They won't let me pay the mortgage, so naturally I'm in arrears now and they've tacked on thousands of dollars worth of fees to my mortgage. My advice to you if you're thinking of buying a home now or ever - DON'T. If you think what happened to me or thousands of others can't happen to you, think again. Just google Ocwen and be prepared for a long, long sit as you wade through the countless complaints and articles speaking out against these pirates. As long as predatory lenders like Ocwen are allowed to run rampant on Main Street with barely a passing glance from any government watchdog, I will never buy a house again. We can fight this filth. We can fight back. It's time America grew back its you-know-whatses. Here's a message to the White House: Fix this foreclosure fraud mess or you can sit forever on your stinking pile of unsold homes.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   RavenStorm 0 Votes
Our loan was sent to Ocwen from Taylor, Bean, Whitaker. This is the worst co. we have ever done business with in our lives. People you must talk with[when you can get one] are all in India and you cannot understand them and they sure as hell don't know what you are talking about. They constantly lie and tell you they have not gotten your paperwork, you have to submit over and over. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate this co. They refused our loan modification because they thought we could afford what we are paying. I don't know who does their math but they are idiots. The government needs to look at this co. and their shady practices. I for one am going to call the Justice Dept. and demand they look into these people. They were given gov. money for modifications but refuse to do so. Everyone should do this and maybe we will get some satisfaction!!!
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   hateocwen 0 Votes
I have been trying to get loan modification from this company. I was also transferred from Taylor and bean, Cenlar then this freaking company callled OCwen. I originally filed my application back in Dec 2009. They kept saying my documents were incomplete. Saying that i did not submit my checkstub. I sent it several times via email, fax and mailed still having issues with it until they said that im not responding to their request. I called several time and left several messages. Not one phone call was ever returned. until i gave up but i still kept paying on time until now. I am not going on 4 mos behind on my payment. I submitted another loan modication on 11/04/2010. I got a letter from them saying that i was denied dues to incomplete documents and that i did not respond with in 30 days they said they requested the missing documentations. Not once i ever got a letter from except that denied letter. I called and got a VM again.cant leave a full message. it only gives you 10 sec to leave your messages. I doubt that im going to get a call back. NOw i dont know what to do. I know i cant catch up with my behind payments. I know i am qualified for this loan modification becuase my income is not enough to pay all my expenses. So anybody out there who can maybe give me advice so that I wont go into foreclosure. Im single mom with two kids. im so frustrated with this company.. I cant get anybody on the phone to talk to..
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   postadavis 0 Votes
We returned the book unopened. Then, we received a bill. I called the number 1-800-678-5835 pushed 1 for customer service and gave my address to the lady. She confirmed that the returned book was received and that my bill was zero. She said I could ignore the bill. I hope this is the case, and their operation is reformed from the way it was in the past.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   Cbat55 0 Votes
I feel your complaint deep in my soul. I am also with Ocwen not by my choice everyone is either in India or just talks that way like frauds do. Their seems to be no help for Americans but to fight back an Pray. I have filed bankruptcy a total of 3 time just to stop the foreclouser an it looks like I will be filing again. My troubles started with HomeQ an they shifted it to Ocwen it is a total mess an I am a first time buyer. I Agree with you totally I wish an Hope for a break for us all since I retired from the City of Houston it has been downhill. I have returned to work in various places had I known it was going to be like this I would have stayed working. It's sad when no one hears you or care about what is going on. But this happening everywhere my dreams of owning a home has turn into a nightmare. I guess Ocwen has decided to let my family stay for Christmas they ask for some of the same paper work they already have an at the same time I recieved a letter to foreclose on my home on January 4, 2012 how about that to start the New Year? I don't know what else todo so I Carolyn am not going down without a fight. So don't give up keep on pressing after all what are they going todo with all the empty neighborhood put them on Housing. I am not going to worry about these people but I will pray for them all right now my Dad is dying with cancer so it don't really matter to me anymore.
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   rell717 0 Votes
you do not pay until your modification is approved!!!

only company available that does this!!

jones
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   Patti Morris 0 Votes
Mottie, I have been going through this now since April 2012 ... They continually ask you to send the same thing over and over again, saying they never got it. Then they will ask you for 10 different other things just to stall for time... I had enough I looked up the Attorney Generals Complaint Board for my state and Got a Making Home Affordable Representative to help me get the paper work in order to make sure they received it all and Guess what they now ended up receiving all the paper work...The Attorney General also was pressing them with questions, , Next since Aug by the end of September after being pushed by my states office and my rep to help me I was finally approved for a Trail Modification for 3 months I must make the payment by the 1st. I would suggest to send it money gram at the grocery store due to there lack of getting around to posting your payment and with money gram it is there that day. I am so sorry for your loss of your husband and mostly so sorry about the dirty word Cancer... I pray you stay stronge through all this and that God see's you through it.. I will give you the ladys name I worked with so as maybe she can help you.. SHE WAS AWESOME... Her name is Lynda Ingram.. In Missouri but she might help or get you to a person that can help.. Tell her Patti Morris sent you and she no's all about Ocwen and the loop holes. God Bless and here is her information.Description: BeyondHousing Logo NEW

Beyond Housing

4156 Manchester Ave

St. Louis, MO. 63110

314-533-0600 ext 43

866-870-9255 Fax

lingram@beyondhousing.org

Beyond Housing’s mission is to strengthen neighborhoods, one family at a time. For more information, visit www.beyondhousing. Leave your number with her and email her also. Send a fax to her if you have to she is a busy person... Need more help just ask.
 13th of Nov, 2012 by   helpingyou 0 Votes
Do not pay a thing until your home modification is approved!! yes there is help, dont allow

the scams to crush your hopes of saving your home!!

google :EASTSIDE CAPITAL FORECLOSURE

PREVENTION

this company also helps GMAC customers also. We have the inside track on

succesful home modifications

there number is (717)813-6409 also (717)383-0260

ask for jay or

josh
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   Jeff21 +1 Votes
Hello all,
I recently got my Ocwen remodification done with RIG Financial Soultions after trying with dismal results to try other avenues. I am admittedly one of the people who jumped on the "we can help with your re-modifcation" addage a lot of these "companies" claim; I paid over $5, 000 in "start up" or "processing" cost as they said, for NOTHING to a company who was unable to help! I got nothing in return but angst and a lot of unanswered phone calls . I tried to do a modification myself, which as I look back on was a ahorrible idea, but it led me to doing some research and homework on who can help me, and HOW they can help me! My friend Arlene told me about RIG Financial Soultions ( her fiance' worked for them from what i understand now) and how they really fought to help save her home, and she kept encouraging me to look into the matter. Finally I did, and the best part of the entire processs, I paid nothing until my modification was approved! They were really enthusiastic and focused on my case i had a 70k dollar principal reduction at 2% interest rate. My monthly mortgage payment was reduced from $2, 222.56 to $1234.42. I have nothing but the utmost confidence that they can help you if your in need. I sat down with their intake counselor, and they were able to jump right in; I was in foreclosure, losing my home as it was was on the sheriff sale list and they were able to save my home! I honestly did not think they could, but they did and i am still amazed . For everyone here looking for a possible solution, maybe try RIG Financial Soultions...it worked for me...hope everyone has a blessed 2013!! take care, each of you!!
 26th of Feb, 2013 by   homeownerme 0 Votes
OCWEN has NO CLAIM TO YOUR property!! since GMAC obtained these properties through fraud. DON'T PAY them another dime!! and don't move! they won't do a thing except threaten you. ignore them and they will go away. Honest.
 20th of Jun, 2014 by   Aline Tarver 0 Votes
I have had the same problem with Ocwen as the people above! They are horrible in every way. They get mad if you talk during their long winded, all too rehearsed lies and ask you not to speak when they are. However, they are hard to understand and get mad if you ask them to repeat. I have work with them for well over six months! I finally got my answer yesterday, 06-19-2014. They informed me that the owner of the loan said I have had too many modifications. I have had one other modification that was done for a temporary period of time. Now my interest rate is almost 10% and will soon be going up higher. I live on Social Security and there isn't anything left to pay out a bunch of fees. I used my last savings to pay Premier Legal Services to help me find a modification, but this too has been going on over six months. They are just giving me the "big" run-around!!!
How unfair it is to be poor, old, sick, and have to deal with this horror of society! I simply cannot afford this new payment and I certainly can't afford the one that is coming next. I am not left with enough money to go to the doctor on and I am pre COPD.
I owe about $58, 000 on my house. My house payments should be affordable, you would think!!!
Premier Legal Services did say there might have been fraud on my loan! They had me send a certified letter to Ocwen, but they aren't complying with the time restraint!

How to Avoid Grocery Scams