Unfair Termination

Florence, Alabama
I have recently been fired from O'Charleys after working for the company just over two years. During which time I received no write-ups for my performance or behavior. I was fired for "mishandling company funds". The incidents in question happened two months before I was terminated whereas a customer wrote a tip for $100 but wanted the money back for himself. I could not process the transaction myself but rather the manager had to approve the amount and run the credit card. Therefore months later I am fired for an incident that only the manager could approve. When the new manager took over I was told not to do it again because it is against company policy. Of course it never happened again but I am now fired and cannot find a job. I have recently received unemployment compensation but now risk losing any and all income because OCharleys has appealed the decision made by the unemployment office. I have attempted to contact the Human Resources Department at OCharleys several times and have left messages but no one has called me back to explain why and how it is possible for me to get fired for something ONLY a manager could approve.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Employers
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us