Nuvell

Posted:

Bad lender!

4.7
This is for anyone considering an auto loan through Nuvell. My experience with Nuvell has been bad. Nuvell is a wholly owned subsidiary of GMAC. That’s right the company that owns the car you are trying to purchase owns the finance company that the dealer has set you up with. And isn’t that convenient for GMAC? The red flag should go up here, but the dealer tells you that your credit is just so bad that the best interest rate they could get for you is through Nuvell. News flash! The GMAC dealer gets financial advantages when they can bully someone into using a GMAC finance company. Don’t fall for it. Find credit someplace else.

I have approximately one year left on my car loan payments with Nuvell. I am a current Nuvell borrower for a Saturn ION. My payments are $300 a month! In the past several years I have learned that they will stop at nothing to contact you if you are even 3 days late making a payment. They will call your work phone number, your friends and family that you listed as “emergency contacts” on your loan application and they will call you at home. They will call any of these places as many as 15 times a day. This is no exaggeration. They will even call as “unknown name unknown number” from time to time just incase you are screening their phone calls I suppose. They will go even further than this… keep reading.

A few years ago, in the middle of my divorce I was laid off from my job. How unlucky is that? Naturally having children who need to eat I fell behind on a few of my monthly payments with my creditors. Nuvell began harassing me. I stopped answering my telephone when I saw their name or “unknown name unknown number” pop-up on the caller ID to avoid their bullying. But all the harassing phone calls were nothing compared to what they did next. I was living in a second story apartment at the time. Below me lived an elderly couple. The man had served in World War II to give you an idea of the age range. Nuvell looked up my neighbor’s name and phone number in the phonebook. They called and had that elderly man walk up the stairs to the second floor apartments to tell me to call Nuvell. I guess they got my attention with that one, because I did talk to them and boy did they get an earful. How tacky!

I am a 36 year old professional. Throughout the years I have had an ebb and flow in the area of finances. I have been divorced and remarried. I have been laid off from jobs and I have experienced poor credit ratings as a result of bad things and bad timing. Life happens. Things are sometimes bad and sometime great for us all. But no matter how life is treating you today you should never have to use a company like Nuvell no matter what the dealership tells you about your credit score. There are other finance options and I encourage you to take the time to shop around and save yourself the grief you will experience using a harassing, law ignoring, interest rate gouging company like Nuvell. Using GMAC’s Nuvell is like going directly to the bill collector to get the loan. They give you no grace period and have no patience. They will destroy your credit and at the same time gouge you for higher interest rates than you deserve to pay. Don’t fall for it. Go to a different dealer if they refuse to run your credit with another, non-GMAC company. You have rights, do not make the same mistake I made.
Complaint comments Comments (24) Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans

Comments

26th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nuvell - Poor service!

I have 2 car loans one from nuvell that i hate and 1 from st. Marrys bank that i love. My payment are due on the 22 and 24 so i can not always make them on time so nuvells is due on the 22 today is 26 4 days late 8 calls today from them. I finally got pissed and said i had a grace period they sad no. while the other person i talked to said yes last month. What they got people working there that don't know anything. St. Marrys as a grace period i have a perfect credit with them. All the other banks and credits and home loans has a grace period. I'm never never never going thr0w them again.
 12th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I think all of you are idiot's for not reading your contracts. Nuvell is a subprime lender and chances are you couldn't afford the vehicle before going to the dealership. If you sign a contract you have to stick with it until the loan is paid in full. You signed saying you'd pay on a certain date and if you couldn't DO NOT SIGN. We live in a society where no one wants to be responsible for anything. GROW UP!!! and if you can't afford the car give it back. Wait, let me guess you didn't read the part that explained the deficency balance. I guess thats Nuvell's fault too.
 8th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Nuvell - Harassing phone calls!
nuvell
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania

My husband has a truck financed through Nuvell, we has be late in the past. They will call anywhere from 7-8 times a day on our home phone and call him on his cell phone anywhere from 4-6 times a day. Different reps. call and leave different messages. If they would have on person call and maybe 1 time that would be enough. You tell them when you are going to make a payment. They still harass you and make you feel like an idiot.
 12th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
well, lets see Jenn, usually (I have anyway) always been asked when I would prefer my payment to be due, If you didnt have that option, oh well, the next best thing is to MAKE YOUR PAYMENT AHEAD OF TIME WITH YOUR OTHER PAYCHECK. They dont have to be made on the due date, they CAN be made 1-2 weeks early if you choose. Much better than being late and going thru all that stress and hatefulness. I dont know how old you are, but I' m guessing 25-30, maybe younger. Think about it, if someone owed you some $$, you'd be calling them too, and probably more than once a day.Why does that age group think everyone needs to accept your excuses for not holding up your end of the deal? These companys dont owe you, YOU OWE them, so pay your debt a little early if need be, and quit whining.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
They double debited my car payment without authorization and now refuse to credit the second payment.
 20th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
There is no grace period with NUVELL never has been and NEVER will be. There is a window before a late fee is assessed. Read the back of your contract and know that if you are 1 day past due they can repossess, they don't because it doesn't make good business sense. I work for NUVELL, and if you can't pay don't sign. If you can't pay on a certain date, we do offer due date changes...did you ever ask for one? Your payment can be moved 15 days in advance, but you MUST BE CURRENT!
 20th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
The comment about a double car payment being drafted and not posted====send them a copy of your bank statement proving it. They have to post it or refund you your money. If you don't do that, they won't refund.
 4th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have had nothing but great dealings with
Nuvell and know for a fact that if they speak to
the customer when they call they do not call again
on that day.It's the customers that dodges the phone calls that is called again on the same day
People if you would just talk to Nuvell the FIRST
time they call and sit up some type of pymt
arrangement then you would have no problem
with them
The People that I have spoke with there have been
very kind, helpful and professional in every way even as far as giving me pymt deferrments due to financial hardship
 25th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am surprised that you even get a chance to advice a Nuvell rep about YOUR legal rights in a harassment matter. I was constantly interrupted mid-sentence while using a firm but calm tone of voice, then hung up on by these rude people. I will say this...I am the father of a mixed-race child...I am not a bigot...but I feel there is a pinchon for REVERSE DISCRIMINATION by the African-American employees of Nuvell, which seem to be the majority there. I have never spoken to a white or Hispanic person at Nuvell, only black reps and supervisors. For three years, I have made my payments on time. After a recent layoff, awaiting unemployment benefits, I called BEFORE THE DUE DATE to see if I can be granted an extension for one month. I was made to feel like I was the deadbeat, unworthy of their presence. Look Nuvell, I bet I make 4 times more than your supervisors do...so back off. I asked the supervisor if she had a law degree (I have a J.D.) and she responded in the affirmative, saying she was a certified legal secretary...LOL!!! She then went into machinations about recording calls (which my state says they DO NOT have to be notified...check your state law) and other issues. I still maintain a log of these calls and will present them to the media for a major consumer alert story on Nuvell, its association with GMAC and their harassment of their customers. A class action lawsuit is in the works and if you have access to Lexus/Nexus, you can research the case number when filed.
 25th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hey T - you must be proud to work for Nuvell, that is if you are still working there. I've seen your non-disclosure policy and it appears you just violated it. Good luck finding work elsewhere in Memphis!!!
 20th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Nuvell refuses to work with us through this difficult time and calls every 30-40 minutes everyday and the payment even if the payment is ONE day behind!! Terrible service!
 9th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
WHY SHOULD WE, THE PEOPLE BORN & RAISED HERE IN THE U.S.A., HAVE TO D. PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH ?
 20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Nuvell - making a payment
nuvell
phoenix,az
Shreveport
Phone: 1-888-8957585
nuvell.com

tried to make a payment all day, the day before my paymnt was due..could not get through this is sad and i still got a late fee due to thier neglect...this is sad...i have to beg someone to take my money
 13th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I totally agree. I hate it every time I hear that press 1 for English I feel like screaming. I say when in the USA speak English!
 29th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Nuvell - RUDE PEOPLE
Nuvell
Memphis
Tennessee

These people are the rudest people I have ever had the miss pleasure to do business with ! ! They want there money and they want it now. They will not work with you at all . STAY AWAY FROM NUVELL NATIONAL AUTO FINANCE
 15th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Nuvell - Working with this company
Nuvell Financial
Florida

I have had a car loan with this company unfortunately now for 3 years. I have never in my life had to deal with such a bunch of idiots! A while back I was having trouble, like the rest of the country and I got behind so now I have late fees. Every month apply my principle payment to the late fees. I have tried and tried month after month to get them to correct this issue and every month they do it again and tell me there is nothing they can do about it. BUYER BEWARE is putting it midly. I would never do business with this company again! If I get even a couple of days behind, they call my cell phone like 15 times a day. They are ignorant and harrassing and I wouldn't recommend them to my ex.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I completely agree. Rude is putting it midly!
 27th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
My wife and I were laid off back in Nov. on the same day. All of the financial companies have been great with us except nuvell, we fell behind with them just because they were being asses. We paid the people working with us first. When we were threatened my wife tried to make a double car payment and they actually refused the car payments then came and took the car. That being said the repo company didnt even bother to knock on the door, i would have given them the keys. No they drug the frontwheel car backwards out of my driveway for a distance of 70 feet. I told this to Nuvell and said I wasnt gonna pay them for the car at all now because it could possibly have internal damage from the rude treatment that was given it at repo time. And that they also refused to take a double payment from my sife just 2 days before repossesion. everyone better watch these snakes. I wonder now that its out that thjey are owned by GMAC is this the way GMAC is gonna act, maybe I should have payed more for that Toyota.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Nuvell violated our credit rights and privacy rights. They informed third parties of our late payment situation and attempted to deal with us in a rude manner. When I advised the manager I was taping the call he backed down. I also informed them we had proof they had given our private information to third parties. That is a direct violation of privacy rights. We are suing the company and welcome any other individuals violated by Nuvell to join in. Complaining will not do any good unless decisive and judicial action is taken against Nuvell and its staff.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have a loan through Nuvell and so wish I could find someone else to finance my truck through. I've had my truck for little over a year and have always made my payments on time but last month I fell a little behind on my bills and made a payment arrangement with Nuvell which was a waste of my time because these people called me everyday sometimes two or three times a day on my cell, my work and home phone. I would tell them I made an arrangement so there's not need to call me every freaking day I will make the payment as promised. They would say their usual "We'll make a note of it." and of course the calls just start all over again the next morning as soon as I would get to work. Well I got paid made the payment and how about they STILL CALLED me the next freaking morning about the payment that I had just made the day before over the internet I told I made the payment and they STILL CALLED me again the next day not once but freaking TWICE and then had the nerve to ask me when I was going to make this month payment that's not due for another 2 weeks. I hung up on them. I'm so upset I have another 4 years to deal with these people I really hope I can finance through someone else before then. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree