logo

Sky Go Courier Services, UK
Fake Courier Website
5. (30 mins ago)
The Best PC Doctor
"The Best PC Doctor" - It is a total scam.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Nuvell Complaints & Reviews - Bad lender!

Nuvell Contacts & Informations

Nuvell

Posted:    Jody Birdy

Bad lender!

This is for anyone considering an auto loan through Nuvell. My experience with Nuvell has been bad. Nuvell is a wholly owned subsidiary of GMAC. That’s right the company that owns the car you are trying to purchase owns the finance company that the dealer has set you up with. And isn’t that convenient for GMAC? The red flag should go up here, but the dealer tells you that your credit is just so bad that the best interest rate they could get for you is through Nuvell. News flash! The GMAC dealer gets financial advantages when they can bully someone into using a GMAC finance company. Don’t fall for it. Find credit someplace else.

I have approximately one year left on my car loan payments with Nuvell. I am a current Nuvell borrower for a Saturn ION. My payments are $300 a month! In the past several years I have learned that they will stop at nothing to contact you if you are even 3 days late making a payment. They will call your work phone number, your friends and family that you listed as “emergency contacts” on your loan application and they will call you at home. They will call any of these places as many as 15 times a day. This is no exaggeration. They will even call as “unknown name unknown number” from time to time just incase you are screening their phone calls I suppose. They will go even further than this… keep reading.

A few years ago, in the middle of my divorce I was laid off from my job. How unlucky is that? Naturally having children who need to eat I fell behind on a few of my monthly payments with my creditors. Nuvell began harassing me. I stopped answering my telephone when I saw their name or “unknown name unknown number” pop-up on the caller ID to avoid their bullying. But all the harassing phone calls were nothing compared to what they did next. I was living in a second story apartment at the time. Below me lived an elderly couple. The man had served in World War II to give you an idea of the age range. Nuvell looked up my neighbor’s name and phone number in the phonebook. They called and had that elderly man walk up the stairs to the second floor apartments to tell me to call Nuvell. I guess they got my attention with that one, because I did talk to them and boy did they get an earful. How tacky!

I am a 36 year old professional. Throughout the years I have had an ebb and flow in the area of finances. I have been divorced and remarried. I have been laid off from jobs and I have experienced poor credit ratings as a result of bad things and bad timing. Life happens. Things are sometimes bad and sometime great for us all. But no matter how life is treating you today you should never have to use a company like Nuvell no matter what the dealership tells you about your credit score. There are other finance options and I encourage you to take the time to shop around and save yourself the grief you will experience using a harassing, law ignoring, interest rate gouging company like Nuvell. Using GMAC’s Nuvell is like going directly to the bill collector to get the loan. They give you no grace period and have no patience. They will destroy your credit and at the same time gouge you for higher interest rates than you deserve to pay. Don’t fall for it. Go to a different dealer if they refuse to run your credit with another, non-GMAC company. You have rights, do not make the same mistake I made.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Feb, 2008 by   Jim Hobson 0 Votes
They double debited my car payment without authorization and now refuse to credit the second payment.
 20th of Feb, 2008 by   T 0 Votes
The comment about a double car payment being drafted and not posted====send them a copy of your bank statement proving it. They have to post it or refund you your money. If you don't do that, they won't refund.
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
I am surprised that you even get a chance to advice a Nuvell rep about YOUR legal rights in a harassment matter. I was constantly interrupted mid-sentence while using a firm but calm tone of voice, then hung up on by these rude people. I will say this...I am the father of a mixed-race child...I am not a bigot...but I feel there is a pinchon for REVERSE DISCRIMINATION by the African-American employees of Nuvell, which seem to be the majority there. I have never spoken to a white or Hispanic person at Nuvell, only black reps and supervisors. For three years, I have made my payments on time. After a recent layoff, awaiting unemployment benefits, I called BEFORE THE DUE DATE to see if I can be granted an extension for one month. I was made to feel like I was the deadbeat, unworthy of their presence. Look Nuvell, I bet I make 4 times more than your supervisors do...so back off. I asked the supervisor if she had a law degree (I have a J.D.) and she responded in the affirmative, saying she was a certified legal secretary...LOL!!! She then went into machinations about recording calls (which my state says they DO NOT have to be notified...check your state law) and other issues. I still maintain a log of these calls and will present them to the media for a major consumer alert story on Nuvell, its association with GMAC and their harassment of their customers. A class action lawsuit is in the works and if you have access to Lexus/Nexus, you can research the case number when filed.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   STARR A JOHNSON 0 Votes

Pressing 1 FOR ENGLISH !!! - Nuvell

WHY SHOULD WE, THE PEOPLE BORN & RAISED HERE IN THE U.S.A., HAVE TO D. PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH ?
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   lforrar 0 Votes
I totally agree. I hate it every time I hear that press 1 for English I feel like screaming. I say when in the USA speak English!
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   HarrasedMom5 0 Votes
Nuvell violated our credit rights and privacy rights. They informed third parties of our late payment situation and attempted to deal with us in a rude manner. When I advised the manager I was taping the call he backed down. I also informed them we had proof they had given our private information to third parties. That is a direct violation of privacy rights. We are suing the company and welcome any other individuals violated by Nuvell to join in. Complaining will not do any good unless decisive and judicial action is taken against Nuvell and its staff.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   QueenB2000 0 Votes
I have a loan through Nuvell and so wish I could find someone else to finance my truck through. I've had my truck for little over a year and have always made my payments on time but last month I fell a little behind on my bills and made a payment arrangement with Nuvell which was a waste of my time because these people called me everyday sometimes two or three times a day on my cell, my work and home phone. I would tell them I made an arrangement so there's not need to call me every freaking day I will make the payment as promised. They would say their usual "We'll make a note of it." and of course the calls just start all over again the next morning as soon as I would get to work. Well I got paid made the payment and how about they STILL CALLED me the next freaking morning about the payment that I had just made the day before over the internet I told I made the payment and they STILL CALLED me again the next day not once but freaking TWICE and then had the nerve to ask me when I was going to make this month payment that's not due for another 2 weeks. I hung up on them. I'm so upset I have another 4 years to deal with these people I really hope I can finance through someone else before then. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   davyou5 0 Votes
I own ( And still paying on) a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, when I decided to buy a car, I looked up everything that AOL had on car buying guides, including some articles of journalist posing for a time as car dealer's in order to get inside information and buisness practices of dealerships. Learning what I could I followed directions and went to the dealership of choice and present every thing up front to the dealer ( copy of Drivers License, copies of the website of the Make and Model with MSRP price, a copy of my credit report in which I would no allow them to look up my credit, and lastly though I thought I was playing it smart a printout of Nuvell preapproval. The Dealer was surprised, I had everything they needed laying in front of them, they even asked me were I got the Approval ( may have been a ruse.) so they could give the same information to other customers. Needless to say after all this I was not as prepared as I thought, it came time for negotiations and how much of a payment type I will be make, I told them before this that I would like to make a certain payment amount per month, eventually after dramatizing the fact the car I want was else where and that it would hard to get it away from the dealership blah blah blah, I got stuck with a 72 month payment of 422.20 a month, My trade in still had alittle under $3000.00 more l ike $2600.00 in which they payed off and get me to my new car. So I got stuck with a High interest loan, By now I should have it all paid off interest included,
Nope I got to wait one more year, and the car, I love my car, it's just now over a 100, 000 miles and due to the Backruptcy and Foreign ownership of GM; the car is not even worth what I have left to pay on it.

The author of this Blog (I guess) is right, what the author and most of you here have experience with Nuvell is true even to me, Yes I too have had my ups and downs finanically even have been late a few times, but I told them when I got paid next and it was set up from there I guess that would one difference, only one time I got another call on the same late payment I would be making and I told the caller there that I had setup a payment date. One other instance where I would be late I did not contact them to tell them I was going to be a few days late, though there is suppose to be a 10 day grace period, I was contacted the next day after the due date, THE NEXT DAY!!!, generally they are suppose to call after 10 days. Here I am now recently layed off on unemployment but I make my payments on time.

I understand that banks want to keep their accounts current, but damn this is rediculous, this Finanical Institution is a rip off, I see some of you here are starting Lawsuits, this is good also a Boycott on Nuvell would be even better! I wouldn't want anyone else to get ripped off with High Interest on their vehicles like me and everyone else here, so if your reading this because you are doing some homework on who to go with on a Car Loan Take it from all of Us when we say DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE NUVELL A THOUGHT NOT EVEN A SECOND THOUGHT WHEN BUYING A VEHICLE!! BOYCOTT IT ALL THE WAY!!! BRING THE BASTARD'S DOWN!!!

I am glad I have one more year of this sh*t, after that I am not going to use Nuvell again, and next time I buy a car I am going to do more homework on car lenders.
 15th of Sep, 2010 by   No such name 0 Votes
Because the calls are OUTSOURCED and this way they know which tape to play.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   angelt36 0 Votes
I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus that was financed for five years. The timing belt or something mess up so I called to get an extension because there was no way I would be able to make a payment and pay for the car to be fixed that's one incident. Hurricane Katrina came through and all residents were granted an extension, lately times have become hard and I called to request an extension. Their response was no, because I had used all. Let's remember, I'm almost finish paying for this car and to top it off I have never been late other than the two times I posted. They have been harassing the hell out of me... Please, make them STOP!!!
Angel36
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Irritated in NM 0 Votes
I hate Nuvell and will NEVER again get a loan through them. I have a 2006 Saturn ION and I have been sending them above and beyond my payments (sometimes by over $100.00) for the past 3 years thinking it would bring my principal amount down. They deccided to charge me additional interest fees in order to make up for the over payment. I only found out about a month ago that not one of my overpayments have EVER been applied to my principal. I reported them to the BBB, but we will see what happens there...probably nothing. And late payments by three days, I just want to change my phone number because they call so much...even on the weekends!!!

Pictures Are Also Used For Romance Scam!

Latest Groups