logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
2. (51 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
bad quality

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Nokia Promo UK Complaints & Reviews - Winning scam!

Nokia Promo UK Contacts & Informations

Nokia Promo UK

Posted:    maswena legodi

Winning scam!

On the 4th of september this year (2007) i received an sms the notified me that i have won (GBP)147000 POUNDS on this year Nokia Mobile Promo & for claims, i must call +447045728127 or email: jooofnokia@ uk2.net. Their message center: +6596845999 then i emailed them all my details then they send me a form that i must fill & also was requested to pay for a courier services fee of which the one i choose caused 420 pounds (GBP) BEFORE THEY CAN send me my winnings 's check.

Beware people!
Comments South Africa Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jul, 2008 by   Mazeed 0 Votes
just few mins ago i got the same sms that you all are talking abot.. i was quit surprised and i didnt even got what i have to do the next.. .
is it realy a fraud.. . plz help me on this
i have mixed feelings now .

pls contact me by maxied_shyma@hotmail.com
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   haitham el-badry 0 Votes
deare nokia I recived an sms on 25/06/2008 from this tel no. (002347039723381)says that my tel. no. have won amount 250, 000.000 GBP in the on going nokia mobile promo. pls can you let me know if i have won this money how can i get the money i all ready spoked with a gentralmen ( tel no. 00447045751806) regarding this matter and he told me to send my phone details throurgh the e-mail to your care center e-mail (n-carecenter@mail.md). i allready sent a message to your e-mail (n-carecenter@mail.md) pls reply on the same e-mail address and my data is
Name : Haitham Elbadry Ameen
Nationality : Egyptian
Reseden. : state of kuwait
Tel.no. at kuwait : ( 00965 93 48 7 48 ) or ( 00965 78 16 77 3 )
E-mail : future9348748@yahoo.com
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   samantha 0 Votes
iv just got that same text from the number +2348077917775 and it said i won 195000 pounds. For the claim i must call +447031910658 or email nokiapromo55@yahoo.com. I received it on Monday 7th july 2008... once they called and said i had to pay for my check delivery-- STUFF IT!!!
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   ahmad maani 0 Votes
i received an sms the notified me that i have won 285.000 pounds
the email is claims@nokiamobile-uk -
i must call +2348039101860
is that right
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   Alethea 0 Votes
I received that same text this morning - im to contact +447024077042 or email nokiamobile.uk@live.com.. How awful of them.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   Anastasia 0 Votes
Dear all,

Please fine below all the emails I have received concerning NOKIA PROMO. Read carefully all of you and please DO NOT BE FOOLED.

From:
NOKIA VERIFICATION OFFICE
Date: 3rd July, 2008.

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES. My names are Mr. Desmond Brown . I am the Nokia Promo officer assigned to winners on the Nokia Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 14th Nokia Mobile Anniversary we rolled out over €16, 000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Euros) for our 14th Nokia Mobile Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 145 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of our International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Central Europe .

On behalf of all members and staffs of NOKIA we congratulate you on your wins and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

...
FILL THE INFORMATION BELOW AND SEND IT TO US ON TIME BY MAIL: nokia14a@yahoo.es or FAX: +34-917-905-053.

Beneficiary’s Name:
Fax Nº:
Occupation:
Email:

NOTE:
Immediately your informations is verified as our true promo winner, we are subjected to issue a cheque of #170, 000Euro on your name and it must be claim within a period of two weeks(14 days). If you cannot come down to our office here in Spain you will be responsible for your Courier Delivery Charge.

Mr. Desmond Brown

Copyright 2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.

FROM THE DESK OF THE PROMOTION OFFICER,
NOKIA MOBILE SWEEP-STAKES PROMO.
CALLE CLAUDIO COELLO 41, 28001 MADRID,
SPAIN.

UNITED KINGDOM ( UK ) / SPANISH ALLIANCE NOKIA SUBSCRIBERS PROMOTION.

To,

Congratulations!!! On behalf of UNITED KINGDOM(UK)/SPANISH NOKIA’S
Staffs we hereby Congratulates you on your Mobile Phone Number has won you
the Sum of €170, 000.00 (One Hundred and Seventy Thousand Euro) on
the ongoing UNITED KINGDOM(UK)/SPANISH NOKIA PROMOTION PROGRAM. A
Cheque has been issued on your name ( Anastasia Soteriou ).
PICTURE OF YOUR CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT THAT WILL BE DELIVER TO YOU:

All the necessary documents that are require to receive your Winning Cash Prize are
file along with your CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT.You are kindly advice to select
any of the courier delivery service that will be suitable for you to recieve your
CHEQUE in your door step if you cannot come down to our office here in Spain.
COURIER DELIVERY OPTIONS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DHL COURIER
Courier Charges: €360.00
Insurance: €1, 300.00 (PAID)
Administrative: € 579.00(PAID)
Time of delivery: 72hours
Total: € 360.00 Euro.

FEDEX EXPRESS
Courier Charges: € 395.00
Insurance: €1, 500.00 (PAID)
Administrative: €160.00(PAID)
Time of delivery: 84hours
Total: € 395.00 Euro.

UPS COURIER
Courier Charges: € 460.00
Insurance €1, 300.00 (PAID)
Administrative: €290.00(PAID)
Time of delivery: 96hours
Total: € 460.00 Euro.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE
Courier Charges: €600.00
Insurance €1, 300.00 (PAID)
Administrative: €220.00(PAID)
Time of delivery: 48hours
Total: € 600.00 Euro.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORLD-WIDE INTER-BANK MONEY TRANSFAR (S.W.I.F.T.)
BANK NAME...
BANK ADDRESS...
BANK TELEPHONE Nº...
COUNTRY...
ACCOUNT NUMBER...
SWIFT CODE...
TRANSACTION FEE : 0.55% OF 170, 000.00 WHICH IS €935.00 EURO.
Beneficiaries that prefare their winning Cheque to be deposited into their personal
bank account should fill the bank informations above and send it back to us by email,
Note:

All Beneficiaries are responsible for their Diplomatic CHEQUE DELIVERY CHARGES so
as to gain authorization from the Spanish High Court Commission. The insurance fee
and administrative charges had been paid. You are advice to contact this office if you
are having any difficulties with the following proceedings. Payment for the Delivery
Courier Service Charge has to be Pay to our Account Officer.

NAME: MR GARRY SANCHEZ,
ADDRESS: NOKIA HOUSE
CALLE CLAUDIO CUELLO, Nº 41.
POST CODE: 28001,
STATE: MADRID .
COUNTRY: SPAIN.
Tel: +34-634-095-780.
Fax: +34-917-905-011.

Due to the time limit you are kindly advice to make the Payment through Western
Union Money Transfer or Eastern Union Money Express. Immediately the
payment is made to the account officer in charge of cheque delivery, please you are
kindly advice to Call and mail your Western Union Money Transfer or Eastern Union
Money Express Receipt and a photocopy of your identification (Drivers license or
International passport) to our HEADQUATER in Madrid as an evidence of your
CHEQUE delivery payment.

Congratulations once again, please call after receiving this Email.
Regards,
Dr. Peter Simon

Copyright ©2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.
...
This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected
by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply
immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or
forwarding the contents.

FROM THE DESK OF THE PROMOTION OFFICER,
NOKIA MOBILE SWEEP-STAKES PROMO.
CALLE CLAUDIO COELLO 41, 28001 MADRID,
SPAIN.

Date: 9th July, 2008.

Mrs. Anastasia Soteriou,

We regrete to inform you that the United Kingdom (UK) Authority did not allow the DHL to live from London (Gatwich Airport) to your Country Amman with your Diplomatic Cheque Parcel, That a Tax Clearance Certificate has to be obtain to certify that the cheque we are taking along is Genuine, for that they ask us to make a declaration of your winning cheque which will cost the sum of 395, 00 British Pounds (Three Hundred and Ninety Five British Pounds) which is 595, 00 Euro, to obtain your Tax Clearance Certificate and your name must be in the receipt of payment.

Please act fact to this situation so that the DHL and Mr. Garry Sanchez can come to you on time.

MAKE THE PAYMENT WITH THE INFORMATIONS BELOW:

FELIX LUCKY

NOKIA HOUSE

MADRID - SPAIN

I also want to inform you that I received many calls on my mobile trying to convince me to transfer even more money to them. Thankfully I woke up on time and I urge you to do the same.

Regards,

Anastasia, Victim of NOKIA PROMO SCUM
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   safwatelrokh 0 Votes
i have message it send to me from etisalat: congratulations your number has won 172.000.000 poundin the ongoing nokia promo . email us:ngnokia.promo@yahoo.co.uk
or call 002347087320195 can you tell me what this message meen im weating your answerd
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   ZAHEER 0 Votes
I have also recieved same SMS that i have won 990.000.00 GBP.They gave me their email i emailed them for verification.They send me a declaration form & asked me to fill it.I undestood its scam.Beware of this & dont give your any personal details to them...

18th of Jul, 2008 by   mohd arif 0 Votes
i got a massage from nokia my mobile won sum 250, 00.00 GBP please send me datils for process
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   mohd arif 0 Votes
On the 10th of july this year (2
Comments 008) i received an sms the notified me that i have won (GBP)250, 00.00 POUNDS on this year Nokia Mobile Promo & for claims, i must call +2348032764530 or email: nokianig. Their message center: +966505031999 .
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   abdhul rahaman ali 0 Votes
i also have recieved the same msg as above. n im realy looking forward if its true,
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   issahnavarete 0 Votes
to:
nokia company pls DO SOMETHING TO CATCH THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO DISTROY YOUR REPUTATION IT IS RIDICOLOS FOR GODSAKE WHAT HAPPEN ON YOUR COMPANY

I WISH TO PUNISH HIM/HER THNKS ALOT ..
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   arbind rai 0 Votes
i recieved a message saying;
congrats, your mobile no has won 110000 pounds. to claim send an email to
nokia.agentevans.co.uk and call +447045728923
i would like to enquire is it a sms scam?
 26th of Jul, 2008 by   youssif 0 Votes
i also got the same kind of sms., from nokiapromo2is@yahoo.com saying i won a prize money of 500, 000 pounds!! help!
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   ibrahem 0 Votes
i recieved a message asking
congrats, your mobile no has won 17, 000 euro
to claim send an email to nokia14a@yahoo.es or
call +34-691-901-905
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Monic 0 Votes
I also received the same e-mail.
It's awful.
Why does the Nokia nothing?
Monic from Hungary
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Dima 0 Votes
SAME HERE!
I wonder how did they got my mobile number :S

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Mr Anderson .J. Maxwell I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16, 000.000.00 (Two Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below

I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 42nd Anniversary Draws.

Mr Anderson .J. Maxwell
Tel: +44-7045732473
 4th of Aug, 2008 by   Abd 0 Votes
On 31st July i recieved this email:
You have won the sum of &#Certain amount) from NOKIA PROMO on our 142nd anniversary they rolled out over £46, 000.000.00 (fourty six Million Great Britain Pounds) for their 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company email address, and 30, 000, 000 individual email address from the 45 domains networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in London.

they need my information to be filled in a form! i wonder weather this email true or scam. please help with these info
 4th of Aug, 2008 by   mohamed 0 Votes
i recieved the same sms and certficate of ligality from ministry of justice i would like to ask about it please help me
 9th of Aug, 2008 by   Gunaseelan 0 Votes
I received the same message on my mobile number today. I was smart enough to check the internet before I reacted on this. I saw your comments in this column and realized that it was some son of a bitch who was trying to cheat me... Thanks guys... Long live...

Houses Now Cost Less Than Used Cars