Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Orlando, United States
Phone: (407) 297-7333
reednissan.com
1. The complaint from day 1
2. A letter to Reed Nissan and Nissan consumer affairs.

The Issue;
Mr. Guy McCumber/ Nissan of USA.

On October 11, 2014 I purchased a New 2014 Nisan Rouge (the vehicle) at Reed Nissan (the dealership)
The vehicle describe above was deliver unaligned and this issue was notify to “the dealership”.

On November 07, 2014 with 1, 128 miles the vehicle was so unaligned that was difficult to control.

It was taken to the dealership at 7am on the noted date and by 9am I was told my vehicle had no un aligment.
I asked to speak to a mechanic and I was notify that my vehicle was not tested at the recommended speed on
The terrain recommended by manufacturer (straight even terrain at 50 to 70 miles per hour for a distance of 3 miles)

I asked for a mechanic to go on a test drive with me and my request was denied, however, the vehicle was put on the Machine. See attached report. The numbers do not reflect that the vehicle was aligned just that the numbers at within safe range.

At 3000 miles I noticed the vehicle was once again impossible to control. In addition had a noise on the right front wheel when steering wheel was turn left (smooth turns or any turn, vehicle cold or warm up or any situation) In addition to this the vehicle had a vibration on the steering wheel when driving on any kind of pavement above 50 miles per hour.

At that point I was out of state and was unaware that my warranty was valid nationwide. I was made aware of this fact On Saturday January 17, 2014.

My vehicle was taken to the dealership on January 17, 2014 on the appointment time (11:45 am)
I explained the issue 3 times to different people, one of them was Coleen (very nice and helpful person but with no authority to Fixed my problem) At 2:00pm I was informed that my vehicle had no issues what so ever. I then went to the service manager And ask if my vehicle was taken for a test drive and demanded a mechanic to go with me for a test drive.
I was appointed to a mechanic named Keith (nice guy and unaware of my issue up to that point). He confirmed all issues

Listed;
1. Clacking noise on the right front wheel when steering wheel was turn left (smooth turns or any turn, vehicle cold or warm up or any situation)
2. Vibration on the steering wheel when driving on any kind of pavement above 50 miles per hour.
3. Un aligment.

All issues are connected.

Now I had been treated by the dealership like an ignorant liar since twice I was told my vehicle was fine.

When Keith (the mechanic) Myself (the client) and My brother (a Cessna mechanic) return from the test drive at 3:30 pm my vehicle was taken
Back and check FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT DAY.

At 4:30pm on January 17, 2014 I was told they could not find any issues with the vehicle but order a part in hopes to solve the problem, I was told the part will be at the dealership on Wednesday January 21 2014. I let them know at that point that this was a life threatening issue And talked to all managers and got no solution.

I took my car and on my drive home I notice the clacking noise now on both front wheels.

I called Guy McCumber on Monday January 19, 2014, 2014 at 9:15am and talked to his secretary. She promised he will called. At 1pm on Monday January 19, 2014 (the time of this email) I have not receive his called.

On Monday January 19, 2014 at 10:22 I called Nissan consumer affair to report my case.
Case No: 17248049

I explain to Benjamin that this dealership offer me on Saturday the chance to get out of my vehicle, keeping my current payments and paying JUST AN EXTRA FOR all the dealership fees.
This is FEDERAL FRAUD and will so be reported as such to the authorities.
In the meantime the way the case has been handle is a potential lemon law.

Have a Very nice week.

Letter of complaint to Reed Nissan and Nissan consumer affairs;

To whom it may concern,

I am still waiting for assistance from A) “the dealership” or B) Corporate Nissan.
So far the only communication I had were emails like the one below.
As you can read, it constitute no assistance at all.

I called back today at 8:00am with my case number in order to speak to the
“regional specialist for further assistance” and I was told they could not give me a number.

At Nissan consumer affairs they told me today (Monday January 21 of 2015 at 8:00 am) that I would get a call tomorrow before close of
Business to assist me.

I ask you, in the meantime, what am I supposed to do with my car???
I already stated is difficult to control and dangerous to drive.
Do you assume I have other cars at my disposal?

Nissan has been in a very short period THE WORST experienced of my life;
1. Dealership total disregard for buyer (consumer) safety.
2. Dealership policy of “do not check cars/ lie to costumer”
3. Dealership provides no solutions on site other than wait and wait some more.
4. Dealership failed to provide alternative transportation.
5. Dealership offer to give me another car keeping my current payments and “only paying and extra amount to cover dealership fees”
I already check with my lawyer and this is federal fraud. (I do not think I need to elaborate but I will relate what I was told gladly)

Today, Monday January 21 of 2015 I was told by the dealership that the parts will arrive in five business days but never said from what date or
the approximate arrival date. I had always receive parts for my other Toyota vehicles priority overnight and I had been a client of David Maus
Toyota for 8 years. Needless to say Nissan do not even compare to the appointed Toyota dealership.
By now I would have been offer immediate assistance by the dealership or have a courtesy car. I did not know the parts were shipped from
Japan by boat.

I understand it was my mistake on choosing Nissan in the first place and will never happen again. However, this issue
Needs to be solve and the days are counting since last Saturday January 17, 2015.

As for today my Brand new Nissan Rouge is park on my house as is not safe to drive.
Thank you so very much for all the assistance you have given me so far, speak volumes of the Nissan brand.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

Nissan - Rick Hill
Rick Hill Nissan
Dyersburg
Tennessee

I have tried on serveral occasions to find infomation about trucks at their dealership and have never recieved anything in return.I would think in todays market they would want to take every chance to sale a truck..
 30th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Nissan - quality

My 2004 automatic nissan altima with 125k miles has needed:

new engine due to a defect (had a recall and was not charged) *

2 wheel bearings $ 355.00 each *

153-12 Hillside Avenue Jamaica, NY
New York
Phone: 7185235858
nemet.com

I had a great experience at Nemet Motors. I found that other Dealerships didn't treat me the same at Nemet and that the service was outstanding. I would buy future cars at Nemet and would refer my friends/family to the dealer too.
 28th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

Nissan - NEW 2010 LEMON
4500 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa
New York
Phone: (888) 251-6414
massapequanissan.com

Bought a new 2010 Nissan Rouge. after 400 mile start experiencing the following:
1-Engine misfires, stumbles and lacks power when accelerate.
2- Sounding like a squeak from inside the cabin
3- Car constantly swerve to the side

dealer assumed it's a transmission's problem and changed but same problem still exist. with 2000 miles on a car now warranty doesn't protect me.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

Nissan - bad service and products
Ic Nissan Kempton
South Africa

My new qashqai has issues with the shocks and cv joints since 700 km. The service fron Ic nissan Kempton and Nissan South Africa is extremely bad! I will never buy a Nissan!
 9th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes

Nissan - Transfer case
Nissan
Australia

Facing identical problem as many others regarding Nissan rejecting transfer case replacement, this time out of warranty.

Nissan Logo Nissan Logo Nissan