Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

NFL Contacts & Informations

NFL

Posted:

Extremely unreasonable NFL consumer charges

Our family is enjoying Thanksgiving and are all here and agree that is extremely unreasonable of the NFL to charge consumers to enjoy a national sport, which historically was family entertainment and costs incorporated under basic network tv and/or cable.

Sitting around the fire after dinner and watching football with family was enjoyable growing up. Tonight could not watch the Denver / Kansas game after eating and are watching some other program. For years this has been part of our holiday and today we were told by our Brighthouse representative that they would not subject their customers to such costs and would not promote some NFL package and Thursday night extra deal. We all agree and are outraged at the NFL and the monetary benefits they want to gain from consumers on something that should be included at no charge.

Our cable bill today is $175 per month, which is $2100 a year. Now, do you think that it is unreasonable for a customer of any cable company to ask that these games be included at no charge. I am really disappointed in the NFL. The change in business strategy from decades ago up to this date. The NFL does not realize what they are taking away from our young adolescent viewers, parents, consumers, sports fans, etc... including but not limited to the happiness that have taken away and what we as customers really perceive them as.... a greedy giant that wants more money.

Please be the voice for us, we are too small and unless we pull together, they will continue to nickel and dime consumers.... it is very sad, especially when I look into the living room and see all the guys in my family upset and the little boys come out in them as if they were just gut punched because they cannot watch a simple game on tv and a game that was once enjoyed and all had a passion for and historical salaries compared to the salaries today clearly show what football has become. Somebody better do something.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I LIVE IN TEXAS.. TEXARKANA.. WE GET THE SHREVEPORT LA. FEEDS HERE.. ABOUT 250 MILES FROM DALLAS AND OVER TWICE THAT FAR TO NEW ORLEANS.. NORTH OF SHREVEPORT LA. EVERYONE IS A COWBOY FAN SOUTH EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE THE SAINTS.. THE STATION SAYS THEY CAN SHOW BOTH WHEN THERE IS A SAME TIME KICKOFF.. THEY HAVE REPEATEDLY ASKED THE NFL FOR PERMISSION TO DO SO.. EACH TIME THEY HAVE BEEN REFUSED.. I HAVE FOUND A THROUGH DISTASTE FOR THE NFL AND IT JUST SHOWS THEIR DISREGARD FOR THE PUBLIC..TIME TO BREAKUP THERE LITTLE MONOPLY..DOES ANYONE ELSE SUFFER FROM THE SAME SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES.. I HAVE TRIED TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FCC BUT AS WITH ANY GOVERMENT ENTITY IT IS USELESS..
 24th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

NFL - officials

That last play of the seahawks packers was an interception clear as day. It needs to ne reviewed again by the commission. Everyone watching mnf could see that was caught by the packers.
 25th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
My opinion is that all sports should be taken off TV.
 6th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
The officials calling the cowboys broncos are the worsted crew I have ever seen. Denver can do what ever they want with no flags thrown. The holding by Denver's offense is ridiculous. Call the game fair. I know romo came on TV and complained so is this retaliation for that.
 22nd of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO. I AM A LIFE LONG 49 FAN, MY FATHER AND I WENT TO SEE Y.A. ECT. I THINK IT IS TIME TO SHAKE
THE N.F.L. AND THERE KING PIN SPOKESMAN, WHAT A JOKE ON FRI. REAL SAD. I AM NOT WATCHING FOOTBALL LIKE I WAS
A YEAR AGO AND LIFE IS GOOD, MORE TIME FOR FAMILY. I AM NOT MISSING IT. SORRY, LP.
 11th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
Paid leave is for the birds, don't solve the problem which team members are doing. Thats going on vacation with money they don't deserve, that is like stealing and mangers are just as bad as leting the players get by with it. These players get s 3, 4 and 5 didits pay. Then when you go to the game the price is high. Look around and see all the crooks in the world. I am not ashamed to say what I see and it is all wrong. Let a regular person do something and they go to jail and lose their job and home. Here these guys gets a slap on the wrist and they make a life for themselves.
 22nd of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am a Baltimore Ravens fan. Everyone is saying than low pressure in the balls had no outcome on the New England and colts game -- well the week before they won by 3 and had a back throw a touchdown. Tell me a low pressure ball couldn't have helped that.
I am tired of the NFL picking who gets hurt and who won't. If they don't take some draft picks AND set belachek down for a year I will stop watching football (this is'nt the first time they cheated) how many other time have they gotten away with things.
Also if a d-player gets within 2 yards of Tom - he looks for a flag (ans gets alot of them) No one in football gets hit like Ben for the Steelers and they never throw a flag (That's right - a Ravens fan saying that because I try to be fair}

Please please. please do something about fairness in the NFL --- if you cheat - you should not win,

Contact Us