logo

SB Sky Blue / Aircon Engineering
Lying operator
4. (54 mins ago)
Pringles
Pringles having pungent and foul smell of oil and taste bitter
5. (56 mins ago)
Club Absolute
False information provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NET10 Wireless Complaints & Reviews - Terrible customer service!

NET10 Wireless Contacts & Informations

NET10 Wireless

Posted:    Jess Liu

Terrible customer service!

My Net10 Go phone had 1400+ minutes as of Thanksgiving Day. On the day after Thanksgiving, I tuned it on and found the minutes was reset to 0 minutes and the due date was reset to 00/00/01 and I was not able to make any calls due to the 0 minute. I called the customer line at 1-877-836 2368 and I was on the phone for at least 40-50 minutes talking to the technical rep who had a very heavy accent and it was so frustrating as we don't understand each other and had to repeat things over and over again. She had me enter a series of codes and I was able to get 900 minutes back while the balance before the reset was 1400+. After the rep consulted with the supervisor, Net10 agreed to send me a new phone and I will have to call the customer line to activate the phone and hopefully to get the minutes back. I received the new phone 3 days later and found the new phone is a much worse phone than the one I have. So I decide to keep my phone with the loss of 500 minutes. The customer service was terrible and I have no courage to call back so I'm using this channel to complain. I hope net 10 will improve their service and the incident that happened to me (minutes was rest to zero) will never happen again.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of May, 2010 by   Daniel_hughes +1 Votes
I still find CS to be a pain. I have had a net10 phone for about 2 years, not one problem, the phone then gets broken and my wife buys me a new one but its not net10 and we don’t get signal from most other carriers where we stay. Then i buy a new net10 phone and believe it of not i had to fight with CS for an hour, after almost smashing the phone i called back and tried again, well they fixed the problem. I do feel bad about shouting at the rep. It was after all not her fault, they could only help me when i was calm and explaining it properly. CS is just something you have to deal with because most carriers out source now days, and they are people after all, they make mistakes, but they can fix the problems if you work with them.
 28th of May, 2010 by   Henry111 +1 Votes
I think NET10 has sold my cell phone number to third party phone-sales organization. I have used NET10 for 5 months, and so far, it was ok. So I have purchased 1, 000 minutes to use it for long time. However, right after I have purchased the 1, 000 minutes, I am getting so many sales phone calls all the sudden. I blocked the sales calls which shows numbers. But now, they start calling me as "Unknown" numbers which I can not even block.
Simply there isn't any feature to block those "Unknown" numbers. NET10's customer support says that I won't be charged unless I picked up the phone. This is totally stupid.
I strongly believe that NET10 or somebody in NET10 has illigally sold my phone number for stealing our minutes.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   unhappyphoner1 +1 Votes
I agree with the complaints above! I wasted 150 minutes on their crappy phone system because THEY screwed up my number transfer, and they also sent me the wrong battery with my phone. And they refused to credit my wasted 150 minutes too. And to top it all off I lost my phone number because of them! AVOID NET10, and especially don't try transferring a number through them! I wish I never bought this phone!!!
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   kaeli wilkes +1 Votes
i agree that net 10 fones suck really bad i went 2 fetch a message and it wouldent even let me open it. i asked my mom if she would buy me a non crappy fone and she said the fone u have is in perfectly good shape then i said u wouldent no. thats y net 10 fones suck really reall bad
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   isaac ochoa +1 Votes
net 10 needs to be out of service forever
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   Jeremy dog 0 Votes
Net as a bad attitude to its custmer.No body there speaks english...I FELL THE OWE ME ABOUT 600 MIN TO MY PHONE...NO QUESTION ASK. THE MANGERS THERE LIE LIE LIE...
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   Ricardosapp 0 Votes
I never had a problem with net10 in all my years dealing with them. I have been a net10 user for 3 consecutive years. Every time i call the call center i am greeted with excellent service. I feel as though all these complaints might be spam.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Frank Lei 0 Votes
My experience seems to be the opposite but people only post with problems, so duh!

I get greatt service with Net10, 10¢ a minute calls and 3¢ for texts.

The two times I needed to call customer service, they took care of my problem quickly. Yeah the English wasn't perfect but is yours perfect either? LOL!

I suggest that you speak slowly, plainly and politely. Save your "choice words" for your pals at the trailer park or laundromat.

If your on Facebook, they have a technical support page too so you can always use that if you need to also.

I save money with net10 so I'm happy!
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Frank Lei 0 Votes
I like net10 and the customer service was fine. If you curse and act like a butthead, what would you expect? But the 2 times I called them, they were fine. My English isn't perfect either (is yours?) but I spoke slowly and they were very helpful.

Love paying 10¢ a minute and 3¢ fir texts. Great coverage too.

I'm happy!
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Matthew55904 0 Votes
@Doug Ferguson i have no complaints with net10 i have never had trouble with tech support they always resolved my issues and answered all my questions they consider me a loyal customer having to wait for the phone upgrade does get annoying ive upgraded 3 times since ive had NET10 i love net10 wouldnt goto any other company never even heard of the Pure Talk USA if it was a great service people would know about it
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   Vic Reitano 0 Votes
I have been a Net 10 customer for several years and have just recently had a major problem with them. My phone got wet and I ordered a new phone from them. The new phone came in three days but when I called to activate it I was told that I was only receiving 200 minutes from my old phone. I had almost 1600 minutes on my old phone but Net 10 didn't seem to have any record of it. When I went into my Net 10 account online I found that there is no way to access airtime minutes info on either my wife's or my phone. This is a problem that Net 10 needs to address. I think that if my sim card had not been damaged I probably would have been alright by using the old sim card in the new phone. Net 10 is definitely not state of the art when it comes to restoring your minutes from your old phone if the old phone won't work.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   Ickabahooty 0 Votes
I have had nothing but problems with the phones and the customer service. I will never use Net10 or Tracfone ever again!!!
 5th of Oct, 2010 by   Jack Loring 0 Votes
SIM Error Message

[Tue Oct 05 2010 08:07:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)] My number
was ported on Sep 14th and I have received a total of 4 different sims &
my phone still says unregistered sim on the main screen. I have spent
hours on the phone with customer service to no avail. Last Tuesday,
9-28, and the rep said you were sending a 5th sim. Last night I called
customer service and was told that the 5th sim had been canceled. Why
couldn't someone have let me know that & why. Then that rep's computer
crashed and she said I'd have to call back. I called back and was on the
phone for approx. an hour and the rep picked up the phone (I could hear
the boiler room noise) then hung up and disconnected the call. I have
had enough of your poor service, please refund the cost of my Net10 phone.
*ESN o IMEI:*
 8th of Oct, 2010 by   Net 10 is a scam 0 Votes
I have a Net 10 phone. The minutes ran out so i bought a card. Everything was fine until it said Max calls reached, something like that. With 296 minutes left. So i bought another phone and ASSumed i could transfer minutes from the old phone to the new. So i called to activate the new one. Telling my story to the customer service rep she said "Well what was the zip code you bought the old phone in"? This was after all the serial codes had been spouted off!! So i say i dont know and what does that have to do with anything anyways. Then there phone started to break up------perfect. Disconnect. Well the new one started to work, i thought id call back at a later time. CALL #2 Called the customer service number told the Philapino my problem and it starts like this. ME-I have minutes on my other phone id like them transfered to my new phone. Philapino-Hold on for 3 minutes to conferm the minutes on the old phone. ME -ok. Philapino- you still there sir. ME yes. Im showing you have 0 minutes on your old phone. ME- WHAT!??! Philapino- Yep no minutes. ME- thats imposible Philapino -sorry sir IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO FOR YOU. After arguing with him he hung up on me. So i called back. This time i got a hold of a women. So i tell her the same thing. She wants me to start entering codes on the new phone for some reason. Im thinking this will get my old minutes back. At the end of the conversation she says WOULD YOU LIKE TO PUT YOUR OLD MINUTES ON YOU NEW PHONE. I about blew a head gasket. THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING THE WHOLE TIME!! I demanded to talk to somebody i charge. I get a man named Joel. He says i have no minutes on my old phone. But he'll give me 50 minutes "free". I say you owe me 296 minutes. He says what date did you by the card for the old phone? I scream YOU ALREADY KNOW WHEN. I tell him i have the reciept AND the card...silence. He asks what date did you by the card.. I tell him the date of the reciept...finally after 1.5 hours on the phone i say give me 200 minutes will call it even...He jumps at it. They do this on purpose to rip you off...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NET 10 PHONE AGAIN!!! ABSOLUTLY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERENCE IN MY LIFE!!! NET 10 IS A SCAM...CUTOMER SERVICE IS PAID TO LIE.
 15th of Oct, 2010 by   Net10isahorriblecompany 0 Votes
Net10 has atrocious customer service. Their phone center personnel are stupid, lazy, unresponsive, untrained and totally incompetent. Generally they do not speak or understand standard United States English at all well. They are very dificult to understand and they do not appear to comprehend at all well. They will very often tell you things they are just not true. They wil ask you for the same information over and over and over again. they will repeatedly put you on hold. It will often taken many repeated calls and hours of your time to resolve any problem. They are not honest or ethical you cannot take them at their word.

They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. The only viable solution is to not do business with them. they are not worthy of your business. the government should intervene and shut them down.
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   maleman 0 Votes
I've been a NET 10 customer for about 7 years - never a problem till now. I was approaching my service end date so bought a new card online thru a card retailer & paid by Pay-Pal as I've done many times before. My phone now shows over 2000 minutes (I don't use it much) & 113 days. Yesterday when I tried to make a call I was informed my phone had been de-activated. When I called customer service, I experienced the horror expressed by other users. After two hours I was finally told that the phone had been de-activated because of a credit card charge-back. I tried to explain I NEVER ordered anything from them with a credit card but they wouldn't listen. Said I had to send them $49.10 via money order before service will be restored. Numerous other hours, requests to talk to supervisors, security department, etc., have fallen on deaf ears, as well as direct e-mail requests. My delima now is: do I pay the $49.10 or forfeit over 2000 minutes?
As large a company as they are, you'd think they could hire AMERICANS who speak & understand English. Customer Service? It should be called Customer Harassment!!!
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   Ickabahooty 0 Votes
I am saddened by your experience. It is not the first nor the last time I will see this happening. I even wrote to corporate and got no response. They do not care. I am thinking about getting a hold of the attorney general for my state and seeking a class action legal suit. Maybe they would listen then!!!
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   sevenhillscommunity 0 Votes
I had a Net 10 phone. I was somewhat happy with it. (If you can believe that). Then I decided to upgrade the phone. BIG MISTAKE. This is where all the problems started. I was unequivocally assured that I could port my old number to my new phone. So I made the purchase. The new phone was a disaster. Didn't work well at all. And to boot, I was told by endless customer service reps that I could NOT port my old number to the new phone. I made complaints about the phone and was sent a replacement phone. (Having to send the original one back). The "new" replacement phone was a mess too. So I complained again. And was sent ANOTHER replacement phone. That phone TOO was a mess. I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. A rep from Net 10 called me and assured me that she would refund me the cost of the phone AND sent me another phone. THIS NEVER happened. I finally gave up. I never got a working phone. And I was never able to use up all my minutes. Yes, I lost money, but I'm free of the Net 10 run around aggravation now. They are blatantly ripping off the public and getting away with it! A testimony to free enterprise.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   FrankBlank 0 Votes
The complaints about customer service are absolutely correct. As long as everything works, you're ok. A problem comes up, you're screwed.
Avoid them. Here's what happened to me:
. After being with NET10 for over two years, I moved from NJ to FL; needed a new phone number. They said they couldn't change the number without sending a new SIM card. I install the SIM card and IMMEDIATELY the phone will not stop ringing unless you either answer it or turn it off. I called Cust Svc (hah) three times, entered code after code, (usually having to redo my contact list each time) and nothing solved the problem. This took up almost 6 hours! Nothing worked. Finally, emailed them - they answered without reading the email- emailed them again, then called them again. The guy said they had no record of my previous calls. The said it couldn't be the SIM card if the phone could receive calls, it had to be the phone because the phone was old and out of warranty. They advised buying a new phone. I asked, Why didn't the problem occur before the new SIM? They said you got that months ago, why are you just calling now? I said I have six hours worth of phone calls with you dating back months. Well, he has no record of those calls, therefore, it must be my phone and I should buy a new phone.
I would rate them 0 stars if I could. Again, avoid them.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   FrankBlank 0 Votes
Again, I cannot say it strongly enough: Avoid Net10. They may seem like a good deal for awhile, but you will come to regret every second and every penny you spent with them

Cash Machine Scam