logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
SammyDress.com
Didn't receive my order!!!
2. (21 mins ago)

Posted:    TNaz

Credit Card Problems

Neiman Marcus
McLean, Virginia
I decided to be a good consumer and instead of getting paper statements for my Neiman Marcus credit card to go with e-statements. I track my credit through a credit bureau tracking service, and I received a notice saying that there was a change to my credit record. When I checked into this, I found out that Neiman Marcus had put a negative inquiry into my credit record. I called up the bank charge company that handles Neiman Marcus' charge card and they said that they had sent me my statements for both Dec and Jan and that since I hadn't paid they sent me to the credit company. For the record, I never received an electronic statement, nor did I receive a paper letter or a phone call telling me my payment was late or due! And now I have a complaint into the credit card compnay and a complaint into the credit bureaus.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of May, 2009 by   cdbj_hawaii 0 Votes
Just because you didn't receive a e-statement or a paper statement doesn't mean that you don't have to pay the bill. They aren't baby sitters...you made the charges...as a "good consumer" you should be cognizant of your bills. Are you trying to tell us you went a whole TWO billing periods without once thinking oh I should pay my Neiman Marcus bill...nah...they didn't send me a bill or an e-statement so they must not want their money. Your ridiculous and I'm sorry but you deserve the negative rating on your credit report for being such a moron.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   Debra Ann 0 Votes
For the pious responder who thinks this person is a moron, be careful when passing out judgments so freely. I am a good consumer with a credit rating that is envious, I pay all my bills in full every month. I have recently had a similar experience with Neiman's. I did not receive a notice that my bill was available to view and I had not made any charges on my Neiman's account - I prefer to use AMEX because their billing system is much better. I received a letter saying my account was past due; I immediately checked my account and learned that my daughter was allowed to make charges on my account without my knowledge and without my card. I paid the bill in full immediately and Neiman's flagged my credit rating anyway. I called Neiman's to discuss this and was told that they would contact the credit agencies and remove the negative flag since it was their fault. I was to receive confirmation of this correction in writing, instead I received a letter saying that they would not make the correction with the credit services and took no responsibility. This is not good business and they do have a responsibility to their creditors and they should take responsibility for their mistakes. Every situation should be considered based on the circumstances and the credit history of the individual.

Beware of Scammers on Craigslist