Posted:

Misleading charges

4.7
Warning! You WILL be charged $15.90 instead of the advertised $7.95 s/h fee automatically as the "bonus" cream WILL BE INCLUDED and charged separately as an additional shipping fee!!! No choice and no preview and no warning before your payment is received!
Even if you return the package, the $15.90 s/h WILL NOT be refunded. In other words, the product will cost you $35.89 no matter what. Be very, very sure you really want everything they offer as "BONUS" since you will have no choice but pay for DOUBLE shipping/handling once you click "Submit"!
Complaint comments Comments (55) Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Beauty

Comments

14th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Neckline Slimmer - undisclosed shipping fees
Neckline Slimmer

Their website did not disclose the correct shipping and handling fees during the order. They listed the shipping and handling as $7.95 and I did not find out that the shipping was 15.90 until I received their confirming email for the order. I never saw the shipping and handling while on their website. Before I finished the order they forced me to consider buying additional products on at least additional web pages - overall this is high pressure, somewhat deceptive sales practices!!! I will try contacting my bank to dispute this charge.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Neckline Slimmer - undisclosed shipping fees

27th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Are you retarded? ALL TV ads selling schlock are like this. They offer a bonus of an additional product for the price of one, but they ship both items separately. Duh!

Besides, this product is a bunch of hooey anyway. Get a life and a brain.
 27th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes

Besides, this product is a bunch of hooey anyway. Get a life and a brain.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I had the same experience, but made matters worse because I accidently clicked on the so-called free gift at the end of a long series of come-ons -- my total ended up at $43.88. I thought I could easily delete/remove it from some sort of shopping cart, but was not given an opportunity to view a cart or final order. As to the comment above by annonymouse, another person's opinion of the merits of the exerciser that was being purchased doesn't really matter, one should be able to expect an opportunity to review the final order and charges before the order is final. This website, NeckLine Slimmer, has dishonest and misleading business practices. I do a lot of shopping online and have never encountered a site that did not give the customer an opportunity to review the final order and charges.
And by the way, the bonus item was being offered as part of the Kit -- and the manner in which it was offered, one would not have expected to pay two different S/H charges. As far as annonymouse's comments that Peggy should "get a life and a brain", perhaps it is annonymouse who should get a life and a brain rather than waste time putting people down who are trying to help other people from getting ripped off. Peggy is making good productive use of the Internet.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ditto. I had the same experience. Neckline Slimmer's website does not offer a single opportunity to view a cart -- or review your order in any manner before just processing your credit card. The customer service number is a joke as you cannot speak to anyone until after 24 hours (I think the site is set up this way in hopes that you forget all about the fact that you were just ripped off). I have been unable to to even find an address or company name.
 4th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Peggy, you are not ALONE. Your credit card company most likely is to back the consumer from fast talking COMPUTERIZED order takers.
By the way, as soon as annonymouse-arooneeone submits "name calling", (get a life / brain) definitely continue sitting at the kiddie table and along with viewing the insane catagory on YouTube.
 8th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
okay so the extra charges are really bad and I agree like the rest of the infomercials it's nothing new. I have had some luck though with products so my question is to those who tried this...does it work?
 8th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
enough about the shipping, DOES IT REALLY WORK?????!!!
 11th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I have read all this and the above person is correct
We agree that the shipping charges are dishonest, however DOES THE PRODUCT WORK?
 12th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
DOES IT WORK??????
 15th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Save yourselves the money and the trouble. Look at the add closely. The people in the after picture are just extending their jaw and they do just the opposite in the before pictures. Anyone can do it, try for yourself in the mirror. This is simply a marketing scheme. Do NOT take this product seriously.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
ok guys! here's your answer! It does not work.. my mom bought this and after four weeks of two minutes a day.. whamo.. what a lack of results. She has always worried about her turkey neck, , , since about age forty. I looked into this further, because the total lack of anyresults. As a nurse I had some rare opportunitys to talk with plastic surgeons at the hospital I am employed with.
Your cellular conective tissue in that area of the face stretches and pulls on a daily basis 126 muscles to be exact. Over a lifetime that tissue stretches with age and so does the connective tissue. so your not firming muscles in your face. It has everything to do with the tissue and tendons in your face.
When you have plastic surgery, think about what they do to tighten "things up" . The doctor pulls tendons that connect muscle and tendone up and latterally, usually behind the ear, pulling like a rubber band, up and over.
So a little push push 2 minutes a day is going to do nothing but give you a sore neck. America is really dumming up at a fast pace. Be smart and send them a nasty letter for false advertisement!
 24th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Neckline Slimmer - Final Costs of Ordering Online
Maryland

Website states that the product is 19.99 + 7.95 for shipping and handling. They charge you 35.89 after you click order now. I called and was told that " thats just the way it is set up right now" you get an additional " toner" that I clicked " no" I didn't want ... but you get it anyway whether you want it or not AND you will be charged for it. Their answer was " sorry" you can cancel the order once it arrives and get a refund on ALL of it... what a rip off !!! So be prepared to pay 35.89 or not get it at all !!!
 24th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Neckline Slimmer - Final Costs of Ordering Online
Maryland

29th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
WARNING!!! Do not purchase from BuyNecklineSlimmer.com they use deceptive practices to overcharge you. The cream is not optional and the system is designed to trick you into purchasing a 2nd Neckline Slimmer. Customer Service is a joke. They do not have a record of your purchase until the order is already at the warehouse so by then it is too late to modify or cancel the order. I am doing a charge back to the credit card after making multiple attempts to reach a pratical solution.

You can find this product on eBay with reasonable shipping. AVOID the website: BuyNecklineSlimmer.com
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I ordered this product and when I saw the shipping charges I immediatley called this company and they gave me this run around about having to wait 24 hours to cancel. I did speak with someone and they told me there was NO GUARANTEE this product would not ship. Plus this woman told me that it is listed somewhere on their site that this face cream is automatically included with ALL SHIPMENTS and that is why they charge this huge shipping fee of $15.90
I was told to call back and twice I tried and could not get through to anyone on the phone number listed on the website. This company should be brought up on criminal charges for fraudulent advertising and scamming people out of bogus freight charges that are not disclosed on their website. This is total SHAM or should I say SCAM...BEWARE
 5th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Neckline Slimmer - never received product
monterey

I ordered the neckline slimmer at the beginning of May and have never received it - every once in while a charge will come up on my credit card of $37.95 (as a pending charge) - I have no idea what that means, since the product is $19.95 and S&H is $7.95 = $27.90??? but then the pending charge always drops off. I have never been able to reach customer service (800-573-7583) they just leave me on hold forever.

It is very frustrating to see their commercials on tv constantly, knowing other people must be getting caught up in this mess. (the confirmation e-mail they originally sent me has no information on it, no order #, no phone # to call)

VERY POORLY RUN COMPANY!!!
 5th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Neckline Slimmer - never received product
monterey

VERY POORLY RUN COMPANY!!!
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
You can buy this at Walgreens with free shipping for $19.95 online or at your local store. If it doesn't work, you can return it to Walgreens. Keep your receipt.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree