logo

4. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
PLATINUM CARD Membership for $37 fee
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)
Iranian hospital Dubai...worst hospital with worst surgeons
Iranian hospital Dubai.....worst hospital with worst surgeons

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Neckline Slimmer Complaints & Reviews - Misleading charges

Neckline Slimmer Contacts & Informations

Neckline Slimmer

Posted:    Peggy

Misleading charges

Warning! You WILL be charged $15.90 instead of the advertised $7.95 s/h fee automatically as the "bonus" cream WILL BE INCLUDED and charged separately as an additional shipping fee!!! No choice and no preview and no warning before your payment is received!
Even if you return the package, the $15.90 s/h WILL NOT be refunded. In other words, the product will cost you $35.89 no matter what. Be very, very sure you really want everything they offer as "BONUS" since you will have no choice but pay for DOUBLE shipping/handling once you click "Submit"!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jun, 2009 by   anonymouse-aroonee -1 Votes
Are you retarded? ALL TV ads selling schlock are like this. They offer a bonus of an additional product for the price of one, but they ship both items separately. Duh!

Besides, this product is a bunch of hooey anyway. Get a life and a brain.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   karatcat +1 Votes
I had the same experience, but made matters worse because I accidently clicked on the so-called free gift at the end of a long series of come-ons -- my total ended up at $43.88. I thought I could easily delete/remove it from some sort of shopping cart, but was not given an opportunity to view a cart or final order. As to the comment above by annonymouse, another person's opinion of the merits of the exerciser that was being purchased doesn't really matter, one should be able to expect an opportunity to review the final order and charges before the order is final. This website, NeckLine Slimmer, has dishonest and misleading business practices. I do a lot of shopping online and have never encountered a site that did not give the customer an opportunity to review the final order and charges.
And by the way, the bonus item was being offered as part of the Kit -- and the manner in which it was offered, one would not have expected to pay two different S/H charges. As far as annonymouse's comments that Peggy should "get a life and a brain", perhaps it is annonymouse who should get a life and a brain rather than waste time putting people down who are trying to help other people from getting ripped off. Peggy is making good productive use of the Internet.
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   vag +1 Votes
Peggy, you are not ALONE. Your credit card company most likely is to back the consumer from fast talking COMPUTERIZED order takers.
By the way, as soon as annonymouse-arooneeone submits "name calling", (get a life / brain) definitely continue sitting at the kiddie table and along with viewing the insane catagory on YouTube.
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   Just_Asking -1 Votes
okay so the extra charges are really bad and I agree like the rest of the infomercials it's nothing new. I have had some luck though with products so my question is to those who tried this...does it work?
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   2430974 -1 Votes
enough about the shipping, DOES IT REALLY WORK?????!!!
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   MinnieR -1 Votes
I have read all this and the above person is correct
We agree that the shipping charges are dishonest, however DOES THE PRODUCT WORK?
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   workathomemom 0 Votes
DOES IT WORK??????
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   neutralgray 0 Votes
Save yourselves the money and the trouble. Look at the add closely. The people in the after picture are just extending their jaw and they do just the opposite in the before pictures. Anyone can do it, try for yourself in the mirror. This is simply a marketing scheme. Do NOT take this product seriously.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   hasfad72 +1 Votes
ok guys! here's your answer! It does not work.. my mom bought this and after four weeks of two minutes a day.. whamo.. what a lack of results. She has always worried about her turkey neck, , , since about age forty. I looked into this further, because the total lack of anyresults. As a nurse I had some rare opportunitys to talk with plastic surgeons at the hospital I am employed with.
Your cellular conective tissue in that area of the face stretches and pulls on a daily basis 126 muscles to be exact. Over a lifetime that tissue stretches with age and so does the connective tissue. so your not firming muscles in your face. It has everything to do with the tissue and tendons in your face.
When you have plastic surgery, think about what they do to tighten "things up" . The doctor pulls tendons that connect muscle and tendone up and latterally, usually behind the ear, pulling like a rubber band, up and over.
So a little push push 2 minutes a day is going to do nothing but give you a sore neck. America is really dumming up at a fast pace. Be smart and send them a nasty letter for false advertisement!
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   Websiter +1 Votes
WARNING!!! Do not purchase from BuyNecklineSlimmer.com they use deceptive practices to overcharge you. The cream is not optional and the system is designed to trick you into purchasing a 2nd Neckline Slimmer. Customer Service is a joke. They do not have a record of your purchase until the order is already at the warehouse so by then it is too late to modify or cancel the order. I am doing a charge back to the credit card after making multiple attempts to reach a pratical solution.

You can find this product on eBay with reasonable shipping. AVOID the website: BuyNecklineSlimmer.com
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   Completely Disgusted +1 Votes
I ordered this product and when I saw the shipping charges I immediatley called this company and they gave me this run around about having to wait 24 hours to cancel. I did speak with someone and they told me there was NO GUARANTEE this product would not ship. Plus this woman told me that it is listed somewhere on their site that this face cream is automatically included with ALL SHIPMENTS and that is why they charge this huge shipping fee of $15.90
I was told to call back and twice I tried and could not get through to anyone on the phone number listed on the website. This company should be brought up on criminal charges for fraudulent advertising and scamming people out of bogus freight charges that are not disclosed on their website. This is total SHAM or should I say SCAM...BEWARE
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   skt4mn +1 Votes
You can buy this at Walgreens with free shipping for $19.95 online or at your local store. If it doesn't work, you can return it to Walgreens. Keep your receipt.
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   kami1012 +1 Votes
I ordered this off of a tv advertisement. When I called the telephone number, it was not a person, but a voice system that only wanted to sell you more crap. And if you declined to purchase the additional crap, then it would go throught this big spill of "Are you sure, because of this or that". If I'd only listened to that little voice inside of my head, I should of just hung up the phone. I ended up purchasing one (or so I thought). When the order came in, they sent me 2 and charged me $19.99 pluse $15.90 s/h. They also charged me $14.99 and an additional $9.90 s/h. This was all in 1 box. The total order was $60.78. I called the customer service department and the woman on the other end of the phone told me that I could return everything and that I would be refunded only $34.98. She said that I could not be refunded any of the s/h because it was shipped out to me. What I don't understand, and I asked her this, is how can they charge you s/h, and not offer you a refund, on something that you don't even order? Plus, this woman told me that I must have pushed a button on the telephone to order the 2nd one. I never pushed any buttons, because I remember that it was a real pain in the butt because it was all voice activated.
I think this company and whoever came up with it should be strung up by their you know whats, soaked in honey and left for the bugs to eat.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Jane6787 +1 Votes
You can now get this product from other stores that don't pull this stuff. Order it from www.asseenontvshop.net ... they dont include the "free" cream. its cheaper anyway, it ships the same day, and they only charged me a few $ for shipping. If I dont like it, then im not out the crazy shipping charges.
 19th of Oct, 2009 by   kalola569 0 Votes
I saw this product at Walgreens for $19.99 and you pay no shipping...it does not come with the cream or the dvd...just the slimmer and the three springs.
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   zprotectv5 0 Votes
The biggest idiot world is me right now for buying anything from this ripoff company. If I do anything right today, it is convincing not to spend one dime on this product from this company. They are a bunch of thieves. I bought the product, was charged double shipping, and received an EMPTY BOX! All attempts to have my credit card company refund me failed. PLEASE DO NOT DO THE SAME THING I DID! If you're smart, you will not purchase any product, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE from this company. And I hope they burn in hell
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   NanaJ 0 Votes
Well I bought this neckline Slimmer today from Target for $19.99 no DVD no Cream though. I will try it for 2-3 weeks and if I see no results, I will simply return it, I asked my Daughter to take a picture of my neck, and already started, not with 2 minutes, but almost 4 minutes, we'll see!!!
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   vdtwix 0 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM! OK - today I rcvd my NeckSlimmer Order; I too scamed with the $15.90 S/H charge!! Followed the instructions and immediately noticed a difference. Of course; it may just be the special cream (glue contents); however I do notice a difference - almost immediately! I would like to call and complain. Also, the pump on the cream is broken. After reading comments will it be a waste of time to call? I think I will report them to our LOCAL NEWS STATIONS to broadcast this warning to others.
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   sassy girl 06 0 Votes
wow i just think that you need to open your eyes!! i have read the website and all the charges are there IN PLAIN SITE!!! of cousre though you just think and read what you want and then have to bitch later!! YOU ALLNEED TO GET A LIFE AND STOP COMPLAINING BECUASE OF YOUR OWN STUPIDITY!!! I ORDERED ONE AND PLACED MY ORDER AND I HAD NO PROBLEMS...BUT OF COURSE I KNOW HOW TO READ LOL
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   Montgomery Girl 32 0 Votes
I agree with you sassy girl 06, I read everything before buying because that is what people are suppose to do when they are giving their credit card information. I have not stuck to it long enough to see results (if any) but that is what I am interested in hearing about.

Investment Fraud