logo

mann travel
rip off
4. (33 mins ago)
esmartsupply.com
No explanation why they didn’t get orders back
5. (41 mins ago)
Australian Wine Index
boiler room wine investment scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Nationstar Mortgage, Dallas, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Applying Payments Incorrectly

Nationstar Mortgage Contacts & Informations

P.O. Box 650783
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 1-888-480-2432
mynationstarmtg.com
THIS IS THE WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!!! My mortgage was sold from GMAC to Nationstar Mortgage and each year they tell me I have a shortgage in my escrow account. The 1st year I was short $9.57 I sent a check for $50.00 and my mortgate continued to go up. The 2nd year I was short $58.00 and I sent a check for $100.00 and my mortgage went up again. This year they said I was short $628.00, but they were holding &278.21 in an account because I always over paid my mortgage. I ask them to apply the $278.21 to the shortage and I will pay the difference of $350.00. to stop my mortgage for going up over $100.00. I was told after I paid the difference thay they could not apply any of the money to my shortgage. So for 3 years my mortgage has been going up and up and now I can't afford to pay. One of the managers has even went as far as offering me a refund of $300.00, because they did not do what they were suppose to do. No one there would give me a straight answer and all the managers are either not in or they are headed to a meeting.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Sep, 2011 by   sanslumiere +2 Votes
I urge everyone who has had an issue with Nationstar mortgage's business practices to contact the Fedral Trade Comission (FTC) and file a complaint. The FTC does not act on individual complaints but if all of the people complaining in this forum with valid compliants and accounts of business wrongdoing file with the FTC then maybe we can get something done about the menace that is Nationstar Mortgage. the website to file your complaint is: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

MY mortgage was acquired with Nationstarin Nov 2010, my mortgage immediately went from $698 a month to $738, to $873 by March of 2011. They stated that somehow my homeowner's insurance doubled or something and that we went well over escrow and now must pay back $1200. There were no letters sent about this enormous jump in insurance, nor any real warning that our payment would suddenly become so large. They spread the amount over 12 months somehow making our payments jump almost $200 a month. I spent three month trying to straighten things out: We got insurance from another company, much less expensive, received a refund from our old insurance company and paid the full check to Nationstar to be put towards the escrow. I won't get into the detrails but sufficed to say though we paid more than the escrow overage amount to them we are still stuck with a monthly mortgage that is $175 more than it was three years with Citimortgage due to Nationstar's incompetence.

I was laid-off two years ago and the extra large payment is getting increasingly harder to pay each month. Now that I have been to a few compliant boards I am scared that the over-inflated payments wont go away after the year ends, as Nationstar told us. We cannot afford to pay what we are paying and we certainly cannot afford another hike in payment or another screwup in their offices. I am now also afraid to try for the loan modification since so many have been losing their homes trying to work with Nationstar. I am still trying get them to release the money they took and put towards the principle and put it towards the escrow as it was supposed to be, but it seems that they are determined to screw up as many people as they can to get their homes.
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   Denny Wright +1 Votes
I agree the are the worst. They tell you one thing but never follow through with what they atre suppose to do. They suck big time.
 7th of Dec, 2012 by   Roberta Noland-Lunsford +1 Votes
Nationstar has the worst accounting practices I have ever seen. We've been trying to close out our loan since July, and today we got a statement saying we owe $.11. that right, eleven cents. this is after we sent them the total loan amount in July. I just sent a letter requesting that they close our account, and a check for .11. I also reguested that they send us a copy off our payments for the past year. Any beats that we don't get that. These people need to be stopped!!!
 15th of Apr, 2013 by   SouthernStyle +1 Votes
Our mortgage just got transferred to Nationstar from BoA, neither informed us of this transfer. It was only when my payment to BoA was refused, by them, and my, subsequent, call that I found out what had transpired. I have asked Nationstar to send me a statement so that I can pay by mail, they told me it had already been sent. when the statement did not show up, I called, again requesting a statement be sent. A week later, still no statement. I tried eight times today to pay my mortgage over the phone, go through their "automated" system, jumping through all the hoops, only to hear that "due to high call volume we cannot take your call, please call back later, CLICK". So now I'm forced to send a payment through their Western Union bill pay in order to avoid a late fee and have to pay Western Union $9.99 for handling this transaction. You better believe I printed out a copy of that transaction! I've been their customer for less than three weeks and will be going to Lending Tree tonight to see if I can find someone else to handle what remains on this mortgage.
 7th of Sep, 2013 by   Opal M. Brown 0 Votes
I agree that Nationstar is one of the worst Mortgage Company"s ever. I'm just waiting to see the out come of my problem. If need be I am and willing to take them to count, all the way to the Supreme Court.

Warning! Beware of Ponzi Schemes and Pyramid Schemes