logo

Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper
2. (20 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE
3. (22 mins ago)
Fraud Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Magazine Exchange, Largo, Florida Complaints & Reviews - STRIKE IT RICH VI SWEEPSTAKES

National Magazine Exchange Contacts & Informations

National Magazine Exchange

Posted:    davis

STRIKE IT RICH VI SWEEPSTAKES

AGORA MARKETING SOLUTIONS,INC
8285 BRYAN DAIRY RD,SUITE 150
Largo, Florida
Phone: 1-800-207-8171
YOUR REPLY IS NEEDED IMMEDIATLEY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR $2, 100, 000.00 PRIZE OFFERINGS. DIALED THE 1.800.207.8171 AND WAS QUOTED NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. WAS ASKED FOR MY PHONE NUMBER AND LIKE A FOOL I GAVE IT TO THEM. THE NEXT STEP WAS BOMBARDING ME WITH PLEAS TO BUY THEIR MAGAZINES FOR $1.29 PER WEEK AND TO RECEIVE 2 QUARTZ WATCHES WITH A REAL DIAMOND AT THE 12 POSITION ON THE CLOCK FACE. WHEN I WOULDN'T BUDGE THEY TRANSFERRED ME TO THEIR "SUPERVISOR" WHO TRIED TO GET ME TO ACCEPT A CRUISE PACKAGE. I HUNG UP! DIALED THE 800 NUMBER AND A RECORDING SAID THE NUMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.
CALLED THEIR HOTLINE # TO REMOVE MY NAME FROM THEIR MAILING LIST. HAD TO ENTER THE ID # ON MY MAILER AND THE RECORDING SAID THE REQUEST HAS BEEN PROCESSED. THE NUMBER CALLED IS 1-800-690-3623
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2009 by   ladycozy 0 Votes
They offered me the same thing they contradict themselves by stating on the form "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY" but when you call they asks you if you still have a VISA, M/C, DISCOVER AND AMERICAN EXPRESS then they offer you to purchase magazines such as RACHEL RAY, GOOD HOUSE KEEPING and some magazine then their say that if you order tje magazine for a dollar and something you'll get 2 Quartz watches with a black face with a diamond at the 12 hand they ask for your home phone number. I kept telling Rosemary that I'm not interested in the magazine she kept talking over me about these magazine and I kept telling her no I do not want any magazine she kept pushing and I kept saying no so then she said she will transfer me to her supervisor to offer me a deal then the phone went silent. Seen like this company should be report to the BBB for the sake of elder people who received this form thinking they will win this $2, 100, 000.00
in this today and time with the way the economy is going
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   poster boy 0 Votes
I disagree only about contacting the BBB, they`ll do nothing, they only record complaints, nothing more. Contact your states Attorney General office lodge a formal complaint with his or her office, the phone number is in you phone book in the blue pages or do a search online for your state. they have the power, thats their to protect you from scams like this.

Every mailing, I get like this, I do a search to see if it full of complaints, like this one. Mailing just went through the shredder. If it`s a email then www.snopes.com is the place to go for complete answer, and then you decide whether to send it on, most Email are False and have very little truth to them, author`s just got nothing better to do, or just likes telling stories.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   EdK-1 0 Votes
it is Feb 23rd 2010 and now they are up to Strike it rich VII sweepstakes.
Anyone know if this actually gets won by anyone?
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Angie MS 0 Votes
I just called the 1-800# to register my sweepstakes ID number and when I advised I was not interested in the magazines or watches I was just registering my sweepstakes # the representative kept repeating herself and was extremely rude stating I was over talking her. I hung up on her. This is a bunch of garbage!!!
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Brown eyed girl 0 Votes
I never entered a "Sweepstakes" and i was mailed a letter saying i won 1, 100, 000.00 ..wow
Been there done that..any sweepstakes saying you already won is a bunch of BS...your better off just throwing it in the garbage...dont wast your time, and dont get your hopes up!Watch out for scammer's..their out to get you!
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   agmomma +1 Votes
When you call the 800 number to request your name & address to be removed, they must get that "I. D. Number" first. When the person tells you that they cannot reveal WHERE your name & address was taken from, they say that you MUST write to a certain address to be removed...Bull shirt! There's another 800 number on the back of the "winning notice" and THEY can remove you. I enter alot of sweepstakes from reputable sources (I believe); About.com/sweepstakes or other popular sweepstakes listings that tell you ANYTHING you need to know about the sweepstakes...Be aware that YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THE RULE PAGE CAREFULLY!! Any of these likely shared my info., but THIS, my Friends, IS A BIG SCAM, SO TELL 'EM TO REMOVE YOUR INFORMATION---PLEASE!!! *Good Luck & Bless You!
 16th of Oct, 2010 by   j2daoey -1 Votes
If you said no, and were adamant about saying no, then you would have been sent to hear about an offer from their marketing partner, like the cruise. Ladycozy and Angie MS, remember that Rosemary has her job to do, just like you. Her job is to follow her process to the best of her abilities. No one asked you to remain on the line. You were free to hang up whenever you wanted to.
Edk-1, yes...the last winner was an elderly widow from New York.
Browneyed girl, the letter didnt state that you won. It said that it asked you to call in regarding your entry for the sweepstakes.
agmommy, of COURSE they need the number first in order to remove your name and address, otherwise the person you first talk to cannot pull in the information to put it in the do not mail file! They do not have the information to where they got your information because theyre just a 'worker bee.' But sadly, agmomma, THIS IS NOT A BIG SCAM. you get a chance to win a million something dollars and you get a rate rate on magazines. There is nothing wrong with those that want them. Just say you dont have a credit card when they ask.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   andrew buckins sr. 0 Votes
i do agree
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   karat27 -1 Votes
thank you j2daoey. a lot of people loose perspective when it comes to this. they are just dong their job. as a trained sales person i know that the first thing they train you on is dont accept no as an answer, keep pushing. the odds of winning are 1:26, 000, 000. just like any other sweepstakes its a number game. the fact that someone actually won proves that it isnt a scam and the fact that they arnt asking for money to enter also proves that point.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   Mystic_Kanjie +1 Votes
j2daoey & karat27.

I believe there is a term for you people on these types of forums. While the name eludes me. I can tell from how defencive your getting about this. That you are appart of this said company. Or paid to try and get people suckered into this load of BS. Anyone worth their weight in lead knows about the Ramada scam. There are people just like you claiming "It's no scam! trust us! try it out! we are paid to tell you this!... I mean we had a great vacation!". Give it up. You are only fools for trying, and to those who don't know what the ramada scam is. People get a 2 week vacation for only 583$ for the cruise docking fee ((which is a real fee btw)). But in the long run end up having to spend on average 5, 000-14, 000$ And after complaining to the "companies" that did the award. they get back maybe 20% of what the had to spend. SO I SAY AGAIN. Good try. But you failed again. As long as you people are here spreading this horrible excuse for a scam. There will be us, who know better. Right behind you. Watching you. Waiting for you to screew up. So we can run you into the ground and force you to live the life you make the poor people who dont know better live after you rape their bank accounts, rob their dignitiy, and steal their faith in man kind. Good day. Good show. Pray I never see those names again on another scam page.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   ME MY 0 Votes
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
I GET THIS LETTER SAYING I AM URGED TO CALL AND ENTER MY NUMBER????? WTF KEEP YOUR TRASH TO YOUR SELF. OUR JUNK YARDS ARE OVERFILLED WITH THIA SH. JUST THINK OF HOW MUCH MONEY U CAN SAVE BY NOT PAYING FOR LISTS OF PEOPLES ADDRESS AND NAME AND TO SAY THE LEAST MONEY SAVED IN POSTAGE.
PEOPLE DON'T WAST YOUR TIME WITH THESE ASOLS*^*%&^( . WHO EVER IS THE CEO OF THIS SO CALLED COMPANY U CAN KISS MY DONKEY.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   NancyBeyond 0 Votes
Pretty easy to see that it's a scam - although they do make it look realistic. Thanks for all of the heads up from everyone who commented!!! It's amazing to think how many people get scammed by these idiots - whether they send the junk by snail mail or email. So if anyone else received an official prize listing from national magazine exchange... SHRED IT!
 17th of May, 2011 by   HDmechanic 0 Votes
Well i work for this company and well you DON'T need to buy the mags to enter the drawing. Its our job to sell them so we can get paid in order to live. You CAN hang up at any time. I mean once you give us your ID number your already entered in the drawing. Not everything is a scam. you try doing this for a living when your homeless as i am. All you people look to into it and try to find a way that makes everything you think is to good to be true a scam or something like that.
 23rd of Mar, 2012 by   ArmyWife1 0 Votes
I would like to ask the question ...Has any one entered the publishers clearing house sweepstakes, because when I started submitting to them is when I started to receive all these bogus sweepstakes in the mail. I think the sale personal info to these ppl for a profit!
 29th of Apr, 2012 by   wendybeary 0 Votes
Does anyone know who to contact when you have been scammed by the magazine company? Because I am one who has been scammed by this company. They took money from my PREPAID debit card when prepaid cards are NOT to used and they took alot. If anyone knows please contact me at wendybeary21@gmail.com
Thanks,
Wendy
 9th of Jun, 2013 by   froggetit 0 Votes
I work for this company and they don't scam anyone. If you don't read the information that is presented to you, and pay attention then perhaps your not responsible enough to have access to banking information which you give to the company after you make the decision to make a purchase. Buyers remorse folks!!! It happens to the best of us,

Web of Deceit - Internet Fraud