National Floors Direct

National Floors Direct
I was to pay 5800.00 for a Armstrong Premium (7 layers of poly plus a layer of zinc) hardwood flooring as shown to me, my husband and the contractor on site. Beside the whole day of waiting for anyone to show up for install, they did not have the subflooring as ordered. They ran out and returned at 6:30PM thinking they were going to start at that time until there was a glitch again!!! They (NAtional Floors Direct) did not know the exact correct total BUT the plywood all 5 5/8" thick plywood cost by receipt $72.00 but they wanted me to pay another $400.00. I said when I was satisfied with the floor, since I had already paid everything else in cash and certified bank check, I would pay the $400.00 at the end when I knew they would finish the floor and do it correctly. No they wanted $400.00 up front, now 7:00PM and I simply said "time to go...come back tomorrow" In the meantime, I was able to confirm with Armstrong that the SKU number on the box of floorings left behind in my house was the "good", not better, not best premium, but the "good" without the high grade treatment. That found out, I had to call the police to have the installers leave my home without the wood because I had paid for it and it was my proof of "Bait and Switch". I cannot find the owners of the company. When I add a blip of info to their add from consumers on their website they do not post it. The answer I received from "Bob" the dispatcher in Wallingford, "Well I cannot tell what "they" pull off the shelves everytime" Bottom Line I have been in touch with BBB, consumer protection and Atty Gen'l office. BUYER BEWARE HERE!!! ? why they can have all those commercials and supposedly beat their competitors prices?
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful?

7th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
In May 2009 I had a laminate floor installed by National Floors Direct, I was told the floor would take 5 hours to install, and it ended up taking 13 hours, and they did not have enough stock to finish the job, so they had to come back the following morning. Five months later the floor started to peak in several places, due to being installed to tight, I have been calling to have it repaired, everytime I have an appointment, they never show up on time, and are always approx. three to five hours late, to this date the floor still has not been repaired, National Floors Direct service and installation is the worst I have ever had to deal with, beware.

National Floors Direct Logo National Floors Direct