logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Eurochance100.co.uk
They want only my bank name and sort code for direct debit
2. (3 mins ago)

NACA

Posted:    OctR54

Bad service

NACA
I started working with NACA in July 2009, I am in need of a loan mod. I've done everything required, I've had patience in that they didn't call me the first 3 times, I've had no follow-up to date, I've called faithfully each month, and endured the phone disconnecting, holding for 1+ hours each time and talking to counselors who tell me something different each time. I've referred several people to NACA and don't know of any sucess stories yet. Every counselor that I talk to tells me someting different, its been 5 months and nothing. They tell me to continue to call, that there are lots of people in need of a solution because they have sale dates and I don't. Its very frustrating especially since they keep having workshops and ding more people when they haven't serviced the people already waiting for service. They don't give me a timeline as to how long to wait. They just say that they have people who have had open files for 3 years, that doesn't make sense. I have a legitimate hardship and a decent income if I don't get help soon, I'll be one of those people with a sale date. Can anyone tell me how to get a response out of NACA? Thanks in advance. P.S. BNIXON@NACA.com, I hope you read this and respond.

Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jan, 2010 by   BabyBoomerKL 0 Votes
I also went to NACA in July 2009, and was under the impression after a couple of months I would have the loan restructuring. It is now January 2010 and I am still faxing the same information to the bank every month because the standing request at the NACA website does not change. I've had to disconnect my telephone in November when I could no longer pay the monthly house note, because the bank called everyday at least three times harrassing about paying the $1300 plus. I called NACA several times until the last time I was told I couldn't call anymore and to have a second option-- meaning if I didn't get the loan restructuring. I put in a complaint and received a call from someone who tried to help me, and set up a phone appointment for me with a negotiator, but the day before the appointed time I received a recorded message telling me to send the bank the same stuff I had been sending and to wait 15 to 30 days. So in the meantime I am working on the second option. I have contacted a realestate agent and have been looking at condos which are pretty cheap, but have high maintenance fees that are as much as paying rent for a nice apartment. My credit is bad now, and I don't think I can get an apartment if I need a place to live. So my second option is to buy a cheap condo with retirement money and work as long as I have a job to pay the maintenance fees and living expenses. Then when I am 65 I will draw the widow's social security and have medicare. I'll use that and the rest of my retirement monies ot live in the condo until money runs out. Then I'll have to sell the condo and move into a small subsidized HUD unit for old people. By then I'll hope I'm dead.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   NACAAnswers5 0 Votes
Hello,

I am NACAAnswers5 and I would like to help resolve your issues with the company. My email address is latoyajones@naca.com
Please feel free to email me with your NACA Id so that I can help answer any of your questions and help get you going in the right direction. Naca is a growing company and has made alot of changes and upgrades. Naca apologizes about any of the issues that may have occured. You can also contact 888-404-6222 for further questions.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   Millionaire Mason +1 Votes
I am a real estate agent. I have a buyer who entered into a contract in August 2009 and as of January 2010 never made it to the closing table because NACA has arrogant employees who only return calls at their convenience which is about 2 weeks later. They ask for documents and when they are given the documents they ask for additional documents and you WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT and nothing happens. Then your file expires and they request the buyer to pay for another credit report. I have been in Real Estate for 20 yrs and I have NEVER, EVER experience such gross incompetence like I did while dealing with NACA. I called the headquaters for NACA and guess what NO RETURN CALL...I would love to get a major televesion network involved so they could expose NACA for the cruel treatment that they send people through. millionairemason@yahoo.com
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   NACA Answers4 0 Votes
I am NACAAnswers4 and I would like to help resolve your issues with the company. My email address is groseboro@naca.com
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   congratulation 0 Votes
I went to naca in charlotte on Dec. 7 2009 for a loan mod. when I left there . I was told that the loan went thouth. and want I have to pay.before it was time for me to make my payment.Ireseed a letter for the same information that I have already gave them.I have gotten forecloser paper and Ifax them in .but know one has called .I NEED HELP so I can stay in my home.
 7th of May, 2010 by   wcleves 0 Votes
Members please send your NACA ID's to wcleves@naca.com in order to be able to help you or place you on the right direction to move forward on getting your MODIFICATION.
 14th of May, 2010 by   hellopeople 0 Votes
I was at the Chicago event yesterday. Don't would not waste your time. I was there from 10am until 6pm. computers were down all day. They had the gall to tell us to stay and see a counselor or talk to one on phone. there were 800 people ahead of me who hadn't moved. I for one had enough. They gave out yellow bracletts for if you wanted to come back. It's a sham ! There was no way all of those people were going to talk with there servicers(bank repre) who all leave by 8pm

They treated the adults there like children. telling them to sit down, after 6hrs its kinda hard to do. They could just be honest and tell people its not likely they will receive any real help, its better to talk with your mortage company and that the real goal is to provided finacial couseling. That how they remain a nonprofit and receive money. Its nice that a few people(precious few, ) are help but for the vast majority they don't have a real chance with NACA. They are not equipped, trained and don't have a lot of lenders support. a Lot of lenders like Chase are setting up their own home modification program. After spending hours dreaming that my problems would go away, I got up and got a little sense, I went over to Navy Pier and talk with Chase. I don't know if it will help but at least I'm not waiting for miracle from Naca. I wished I had done my homework on the complaint boards before I went.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   LW_Frustrated 0 Votes
I have been working with NACA since September 2009 and after everything was finally submitted to the lender in March 2010, the lender came back in May and posted the details of the modication that add up to be more than my mortgage payment was to begin with…. and said that my loan is a FNMA loan and cannot be overwritten. Now I have been trying to get a negotiator to call me back and needless to say they have missed 4 appointments. I was supposed to have recieved something from the lender with the new loan info and I have not seen anything in the mail. I tried to make a payment to my lender and they just transferred me to NACA! I am very frustrated and I feel like NACA is not holding up to what they promised. The last customer service person I spoke with about this issue on June 5 told me to re-submit all of my paperwork and we would have to start over!!!
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Rherrera1 0 Votes
The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) is a non-profit advocacy HUD certified community and home ownership counseling agency. NACA’s confrontational community organizing and revolutionary mortgage product have set the national standard for effective neighborhood stabilization programs. Our services are FREE. NACA has agreements with most all of the major Servicers in the country and relationships with the smaller Servicers. These agreements also extend to the major investors such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Our Counseling Center will walk the homeowner through their budget and determine what the affordable mortgage payment is. Once the homeowners file is complete with documents, proposed payment, the package will be sent to their Lender/Servicer. Once the servicer reviews the proposal and sent an offer back to NACA, we will than go over the offer with the homeowner if it is requested. If the offer is not acceptable to the homeowner, NACA will advocate for them for a better offer within the guidelines of our agreements. NACA's success rate is the best in the country and worth a try! Please go to www.naca.com to start the process or call 888-404-6222 to speak to a NACA Representative.

Also our goal is to have a method for our members to interact, share stories while providing NACA the ability to improve our Customer Service via your feedback.

We have launched The Official NACA’s Public Forum http://forums.naca.com/forum

Our forum is being monitored by NACA Staff and you will receive assistance and direction per your request.

Keep in mind that the forum is NOT a replacement for NACA Counseling. If you need to schedule an appointment to speak with a counselor, please do so through the main site: https://www.naca.com/ and logging into your Web File or call 888-404-6222 to speak to a NACA Representative.

Please also keep in mind as these forums are public in nature, DO NOT POST your NACA ID, password, email address, Social Security Number or Tax ID in these forum. Please also keep our forums free and clear of any profanity, racism, rude language, and inflammatory comments.

Thank you, and enjoy our NACA Public Forum http://forums.naca.com/forum
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   jmc62190 0 Votes
Met w Counselor Miguel Cheverria on May 14, 2010...
I had similar issues. I was very prepared to obtain a mortgage. I have great credit, a job, as did my wife. Had all my docs I needed and we were first dissappointed to hear that we could not include my wife's income as she was on maternity leave and FMLA and was not going back to work until September. Is this not discrimination? I provided a verification of employment and asked if they needed a doctor's letter from her doctor, and were turned down because we needed 4 weeks paystubs, of which I did furnish (up tot he time of her going on matyernity leave) at our first appointment. So basically I could not get approved until October sometime due to this after first going in May. Unfortunately for us, the house we currently live in is being sold and we needed to find something by Sept 1 or around that time and I did tell them that. Since I had my ducks lined up at our first meeting, I thought it would be a simple process, but was wrong.
On June 25 I faxed a landlord verification to my old landlord. Not sure why this would hold up everything, but it has so far. It was mailed back on 7/14 and had not heard back from anyone after numerous frantic messages left for multiple people, emails to my counselor etc. Finally today on 8/2, I got an answer that my counselor had quit. Nice! So I wasted a month emailing and trying to get a hold of someone who had quit. My last email from him was on 7/8 replying that he had not received my verification from the landlord yet. It is too bad that I have gotten the run around. Not sure why, as I should be a prime candidate to go from step 1 of meeting to step 2 of being approved and so on, as I did not need credit counseling or the like. So if my financial situation is one of the better ones regarding my credit, and finances, why has it taken so long and I am still not approved??? I would not want to even fathom how long it takes for someone with not so good credit or finances.
My conclusion you ask? I am not sure. I want to finish the process, but I do not know what to do now. I have wasted my time up til now so finish it right?
Or will it keep going on for another 2, 3, 4, 5 months or longer? Thought this was a better program than this. How are people supposed to buy property even if their credit and finances are A+? I HAVE NO CLUE, BUT FRUSTRATION IS BOILING OVER!
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   jmc62190 0 Votes
I would recommend doing a better job hiring employees and have more counselors. It seems that they are overworked and the day I went the counselor didn't even have time for lunch. It is very paperwork driven and can understand why the guy quit. I surely hope that the other departments are better run or I am going to a credit union.
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   jmc62190 0 Votes
Oh and yes I was hung up on by the phone service numerous times also, when I requested customer service. That in itself shows terrible customer service.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by   Tyler C 0 Votes
MAD AS HELL ! N.A.C.A was a complete waste of time, as stated in previous situations. I to was hung up on, was given the run around for months I had all my paper work they asked for and then some. Oh but some thing dawned on me this is the Government. Any way to make a long story shot I was referred to a lady by the name of Callie Thompson who told me the truth at least and did not shoot me the bullshit, she returned my phone calls and also got me a nice loan mod, imagine that. Thats all I was asking for some body to be real with me and let me know what the hell is going on! DAMN! P.S stay the hell away from Government programs !
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   electeach1 0 Votes
I started with NACA in August of 09 and spent a lot of time on the phone and processing paperwork. In September of o9 NACA received an offer from the lender, or should I say, should have received an offer from the lender. In December of 09, finally I was contacted about the offer. It was a good offer so I accepted. So I thought. In January 2010 I receive foreclosure papers. So I call NACA, several hours on hold, hung up on. I find out that NACA never submitted my acceptance and the lender pulled their offer. From January on I would schedule and they would not call. I would submit paperwork but by the time they would finally call me back, the paperwork would be out of date, or they needed more, or even not have the paperwork I had submitted. Needless to say. In September of 2010, My home went back to the bank. NACA users beware.
 26th of Sep, 2010 by   Aggravated in Phoenix 0 Votes
I went to NACA in Phoenix in 2009. Spent a lot of money at the civic center to finally be seen at the end of the day by someone who was incapable of even determining different between gross and net pay!? I faithfully faxed in paychecks spending more money, to then find out when I went to Take Charge America months later at a Saturday event (without a waiting line and with them providing coffee and snacks!), that Desert Schools Credit Union would not deal with NACA. I have since not only made 3 months of trial payments, my mortgage was permanently modified a month ago, all with NACA doing absolutely nothing! All NACA has ever done since is send the occasional email saying they haven't heard from Desert Schools. Promises to contact them were lies!!! They would simply send me emails telling me to contact legislators if I hadn't heard back from Desert Schools. Now, they have the audacity of sending me an email asking me to paticipate in an event in Phoenix and even calling my cellphone (no, they didn't leave a message, I found out number by searching in my computer)! Run, run away as fast as you can - you are giving out personal information to an organization that doesn't get results!
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   KBREW +1 Votes
I started with NACA March 2010. We are really energetic about becoming members but now afraid because of all the bad reviews. We researched the Better Business Bureau who had nothing on them, but then researched the one in Massachusetts. It indicates several negative complaints. We have been faxing information since May 2010 and now it is December 2010 and I was informed by accident that my counselor had quit November 2010! I was also told that there are NO counselors available with thousands waiting. What the H??L...Come on NACA, you got to do better in Jacksonville FLORIDA. I know alot of people, don't make us in FLORIDA go on TV, because we WILL.
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   NACA does NOT help or care 0 Votes
NACA does nothing to help, and actually deliberately hurt us. I too believed in them and their procescess. I believed Bruce Marks. Now I know they actually just don't care, and are there just to put on a good show for the news. I'm so sad and want to warn everyone . A very long story short-- Our lender, on Christmas Eve, put a note on our NACA account saying that, after NACA's initial submission of papers, they never received any other papers they requested. We faxed over 50+ pages of information to NACA that they never bothered to forward to our lender, they never answered any of my emails, and never gave any answers to anything. I say "deliberately" because all they had to do was hit forward on some papers or even tell us they weren't going to do it. (home loan company's will not accept anything directly if you work with NACA) No, they choose to update our web file weekly pretending they had sent the information. Why? Now I'm in the nightmare of wasting extensive time with NACA, trying to get them to forward a simple email to my home loan company saying NACA is no longer our advocate. Not that they ever truly were. The loan company still won't help us until NACA sends this seperation letter. I don't know one person NACA has helped properly, but I know plenty that they didn't. Why do you kill people in this way? Why lie and say you are going to fight when you're not? People are alredy in dire situations when they come to NACA, for whatever reason, but you make it so much worse then any lendor, because at least they were honest in not faking help. Bruce Marks should be ashamed, but I know he and his organization don't care. I strongly advise using anyone but NACA.
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   NACA does NOT help or care 0 Votes
And the title was NACA does NOT help. I hope you heed the warnings and don't believe the hype on t.v. The Dream tour is a true honest to God Nightmare.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   help2save 0 Votes
After we attended a NACA workshop last year, we have been promoting it even before we started applying because of what we heard from the workshop. We did not started our submission until we exhausted all efforts to communicate & request for loan modification/restructuring from Bank of America. Last weekend, we heard about the Save the Dream event in LA Sports arena & we came on Friday night, but the registration was already closed. We spent all night without sleep preparing all the required papers & answered the questions online so we can save some time when we get there. When we came back early morning, my husband & i volunteered to work for 8 hours to have some more understanding of how the process goes instead of waiting in line for long hours. After our shift, we were able get our documents scanned & eventually was able to talk to a Counselor. She was nice & polite although referring to our expenses as excessive considering that we are helping our adult children without job & supporting them with their studies & child. In the end, she believes that with the budget she gave us, we could afford to pay the mortgage that BofA gave us in our loan modification but suggested that we still try to request for restructuring when we get to meet our servicer. After another long day of wait the next day, the B of A rep who reviewed our paper works went out line. She told us that there's really no hardship for us because of our income and our reason is more on doing charity work by helping our children. She told us that our priority is to pay our mortgage & not helping our children whose out of job, schooling or supporting our grandchild. My gas expense is more that $300 per month just driving to & from work which she finds too high, our lunch allowance for a day is $5 each for me & my husband which is again, too much. She said that she could eat at Subway for $3 & that we need to make a lot of sacrifice so we can pay our mortgage. By the way, she lives in N. Carolina & i guess, she's comparing her expenses with ours. She was also surprised to see that we have a burial plot & life insurance. She went through all the expenses & made nasty comments on how we're spending our money & deducted them from the budget worksheet. We really felt humiliated by her remarks and in the end, she increased our mortgage payment by $500 per month & added back to the principal all the arrearages that was deducted from the Modification. We told her that we were trying to have our loan restructured because we're upside down by $200k and since our rate under the modified loan is adjusting every 5 years, we have hoped to get a fixed rate. She said that she's giving us fixed rate but has to add back the amount that was reduced by modification and that's all she can do... Don't you think it's ridiculous? We went there hoping to reduce our mortgage payment & if possible, the priciapal, but ended up with a higher monthly payment & loan amount... I think it will be fair to show on TV/media not just the success stories but also the harrassment & unfortunate experiences that the people went through in hope to get help & save their homes.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Meagainsttheworld 0 Votes
I can totally relate to the above comment my husband and I are currently going through the same thing now with the NACA location here in Las Vegas.I keep telling my husband that something don't feel right we just can't place our hand on it.The NACA counselor that we were assigned to talks to us in a very condescending way.We have provided everything that has been asked of us and he is always speaking to us as if we are doing something illegal.(Example) when we make a deposit in to our account without any paper back up he states "where did this money come from how do I know you didn't get it from some illegal side job" as if he's insinuating that we're street pharmacist.My husband and I have two very good jobs and are credit is okay but when going to the seminar it was explained that the credit is not a big issue and let's not bring up our tax return!The majority people at this Las Vegas location are Hispanic and I'm not being racist but I have spoke to several of there Hispanic clients and the counselors have treated them very well with them purchasing a home...and no disrespect they seem to take care of their people first and put others on the back burner.We have been dealing with them for over a year and every time it's something new we need that's holding us back and the only way we figure this out is by driving 35-40min to there office without an appointment to see our counselor cause he doesn't return our phone calls, emails, faxes etc... they treat us like sh**.

Grandparent Scams