logo

ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
Devine Devons
Devon rex terminally ill kitty
4. (1 hr 26 mins ago)

Mylife.com

Posted:    atj001

Unauthorized Billing

Reunion.com
I originally signed up for Reunion.com almost 3 years ago and paid for only 1 month to see what some people had sent me through the messaging system they had. For the rest of the almost 3 years I have not been charged or even used the site anymore but my account was still there.

Just recently Aug 2010 I got an email from MyLife.com (I guess they purchased Reunion.com) that my yearly subscription will be billed (at the time would be billed in 4 days) to my credit card. I didn't even know what Mylife.com was. So I went on the internet to check it out and found they own Reunion.com. So I logged on the Reunion.com and checked my account settings and they had been changed to a yearly subscription that renews automatically. I changed the settings to not renew automatically and went to cancel my account and I found out I had to call and cancel. So I called the number and canceled my account and that wasn't any problem (I will be checking my account closely to see if all my changes worked). I did get a confirmation from the person on the phone and I got her name and documented the date and time but I did not get any email confirmation but that might not be necessary.

The part that I found very deceitful is that they switched my account to a yearly subscription that automatically renews yearly without me actually being the person to make that change. This is a really underhanded company you should steer clear of this one!!!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2011 by   Joseph N. Williams 0 Votes
We are currently investigating MyLife, and are looking to learn as much as we can about consumers' experiences with the company and its billing practices. If you have had any experience with MyLife, then please feel free to contact me at the following:

Joseph N. Williams