Mycleanpc.com

Posted:

customer service

4.9
I purchased an antivirus software from the site for $39.98 because I was having issues with my computer that their software claimed to fix. During the sale process, I read that I would receive an e-mail with pertainant loading information and a receipt. I bought a copy. I did not receive an e-mail and had problems downloading the software. I ended up removing the software from my computer. I tried the process again, hoping to get an e-mail. I paid ANOTHER $39.98 for a second copy. The second copy loaded just fine. I never received an e-mail receipt and figured out how to download it on my own. I ran the software and encountered more problems than I had previously. I ended up removing the software from my computer and re-setting my computer to 2 days earlier. Problem fixed - no thanks to mycleanpc.com. I read through the return policy and I cannot ask for a refund because I don't have the information that was supposed to be in the e-mails I never received from them. I'm out almost $80 for useless software that has been removed from my pc. Nice scam mycleanpc.com!
Complaint comments Comments (47) Complaint country United States Complaint category Antivirus Software

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010 by    -1 Votes
On behalf of CyberDefender Corporation, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with MyCleanPC.com. We are continually making improvements and are dedicated to giving our customers an optimum experience.

CyberDefender operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we have technical support staff located all over the world. A large number of our techs are based in the US. Please feel free to contact our headquarters at 866-793-0454 or email us at supportATcyberdefender.com. We look forward to assisting you.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
CyberDefender Corporation is committed to providing first-rate Internet Security software and services, as well as quality customer satisfaction. We are interested in reconciling this matter and have initiated direct contact with Mr. Hatting . Our customers are always welcome to contact our headquarters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 866-793-0454 or email us at supportATcyberdefender.com. We are looking forward to providing a solution.
 21st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
they start off scamming online, then they make so much money with scams they afford to get on tv, and once you get on tv, noone would ever suspect a scam!!! yea right... they should all be shot along with that bob guy from extense... they started just online scamming and got huge and made millions on a product that does as much for your sex drive as eating dirt off the ground ... why wont they stop these scams ... someone do something ... and we wonder why the enconemy is so screwed up
 22nd of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
CyberDefender Corp. is in business for one purpose only...To scam you out of your money for their worthless piece of shit spyware and malware.

You can take a brand new computer that has never been on the internet before and let them scan it and they will find over 1000 "bad" things wrong that, incidentally, they had just installed when you allowed them to scan your computer for spyware, malware, etc.

You will be VERY sorry if you have ANYTHING to do with these son-of-bitches!!!
 24th of May, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Wow, you just sound like a crank with a mad-on against ANY business that advertises in the media, as your MANY, often-repeated rants on the subject would prove!

Let's see, what have you posted so far...
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/scams-perportrated-by-news-media-c263583.htmlhttp://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/scams-perportrated-by-news-media-c2635... /> http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/read-this-important-c263630.html

You post this same silly rant over and over and over and over and OVER again.

Plus I find it hard to believe that some antivirus company has actually WRONGED YOU!!! so bad that you'd actually want to assault its employees. From another one of your comments:
"I would like to hear of some one going to their offices and sending them to the hospital in VERY serious condition...Now that would be worth $40.00, wouldn't it?"

So far you hate the Cash4Gold people, the Acaiberry people... You really need to quit quaffin' that ol' hate-o-rade, Charlie. Either that or quit using the name of my favorite Peanuts character. :-P
 25th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
On behalf of CyberDefender Corporation, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with our products and services. We are dedicated to giving our customers an optimum experience, and would be happy to work with you to solve any difficulties with your refund. Please feel free to contact our corporate headquarters at 866-793-0454 or email us at supportATcyberdefender.com.
 31st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Blue Mondays, you scamming shill s.o.b, You KNOW I am speaking the truth but shills like you don't want the truth to be spoken in a public forum.

Yes, I have written a lot about these scams you represent and defend and I STAND behind everything I have said about all of them.

No body reading this will believe ANYTHING you say to defend your various scamming activities.

I personally do not want to harm any one...I said I would like to hear that some body that has been scammed by you and your co-horts, or any other scammer, would go to your offices and...well you can can imagine the rest of the gory details and it ain't pretty.

I will not ever give my credit information out on an internet page ...EVEN THE ADS LISTED HERE ON COMPLAINTS BOARD ARE SCAMS...PROVE ME WRONG!!!

I have not been scammed by any of these scam companies but I really feel for those that have been scammed by them and if I had been scammed by them, I would spend my last dollar to hunt them down and ..well...you know the rest!
 1st of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Sir, judging from the above incoherent screed, you appear to be one of them certifiably insane Internet wingnuts.

I cannot comprehend why you choose to live in a capitalist country with your attitude.

For your own good, I urge you to read the below webpage:

Over and out.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Sir Scammer defender, I believe in honest capitalism but not the stealing kind as you apparently do. You think it is ok to lie, cheat, steal from any one and promise them anything it takes to get their credit info to use any way you see fit.

My "screed" was very coherent and makes very good common sense to most people except the scammer world, of which you are a proud member, and I am far from insane.
 10th of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Funny, even my computer said ...to down load their crap... "may harm your computer". The last two scams like this one, [same" cyberdefender corp"] I put on a fresh reload computer to test its claims with no problems or web usage on the computer, and it still showed some 300 "errors" to which the known company "NORTON" Windoctor said the computer was fine, and my Legit AV soft ware keeps showing "no problems". I have repaired dozens of computers this year that made this mistake, and then using a LEGIT AV company fixed the actual problems [mostly Cybers malware] and yes it costs around the same price, but over all it costs a far less than Cyberdefender because it actually fixes the real problems, including their installation.
 27th of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have always believed that these kind of online computer cleanup programs were a scam. As it is pointed out here they simply infect your computer during the scanning process, or make you believe that it is, to scare you into buying the product.

Go buy Norton Security or another reputable brand and download from the disc and clean your system off. You will have to renew every year but it is worth it.
 18th of Aug, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I put this on a Linux system through WINE.

Tells me I have 104 infections...

Ya, Right...

Stay away from this one. It infects your machine

I mean like come on. A Linux system with 104 severe infections
 18th of Aug, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Hello, I am a CyberDefender customer service representative, and we would be happy to address any and all of our customers' concerns.

@Chris Smith5, what you have discovered is that rebooting that particular new computer produces 300 registry errors, which is a normal result of a registry scan. Any time you so much as move the mouse, you are creating new registry errors. They simply result from normal use of the computer. The main difference between a free registry cleaner and CyberDefender's paid version is that the free cleaners very often will simply remove all the errors they find automatically, whereas CyberDefender's Registry Cleaner offers you the choice as to which errors you want to remove. (In short, those advanced controls are not a bug, they are a feature!)

Also, like many antivirus programs other than CyberDefender's Early Detection Center, AVG is notably antagonistic to other antivirus programs, and will always seek to convince the user to remove them as malware. Most other antivirus programs besides ours will have an antagonistic reaction to ANY other antivirus program on the same computer, be it a rogue antivirus, or a legitimate competitor antivirus program. The AVG program's antagonistic reaction to other antiviruses does not necessarily however mean that ALL those other antivirus programs are automatically put out by rogue scam companies; all it means is that AVG REALLY doesn't want you to be using any of their competitors' products.

@John Lisante, it sounds as though you have recently found out that rogue antivirus programs exist, but not yet discerned how to distinguish between a rogue and a legitimate antivirus program like Norton, Symantec, Trend Micro, AVG, Avast, or CyberDefender's Early Detection Center. We are quite sure that our NASDAQ-traded, California-incorporated company does not produce rogue antiviruses. The FTC would not allow a rogue antivirus company to advertise on national television, for example.

@Amiga5, sir, you cannot have downloaded any of CyberDefender's software products to your Linux computer, as none of our products will run on any operating system other than Windows 7, XP, or Vista. None of our products were designed to be supported by the Linux operating system, so we cannot guarantee any results you get as a result of attempting to use our products on a Linux platform. Our products are not guaranteed to work properly on any OS besides Windows 7, XP, or Vista.

For future reference, it would be far easier for you to receive customer service from our company by directly contacting our company, rather than by posting a complaint on a website unaffiliated with our company. We would be glad to assist you in sorting out any difficulty with your accounts, but we cannot locate your accounts based on your http://www.complaintsboard.com online names.

At any time, any dissatisfied customer can contact our corporate headquarters at 877-229-5957, or email us at supportATcyberdefender.com, and please be sure to give us your full name, date of purchase, and the email address you used when you made your purchase. We will be happy to assist you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance.

CyberDefender Customer Support

8th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Quote Charlie Brown:
"No anti virus company has harmed my computer because I NEVER, EVER respond to ANY, I said NOT ANY of these SCAM ads and commercials on TV, Radio, or the Internet. I KNOW the ALL the so-called "FREE TRIALS" are not free but are huge scams to get your credit information"
so if you don't use these programs how do you know so very well that they are scams. You my friend are Insane and need help and/or a life. I personally suggest looking for both.
next time try a program before you bash and dont believe everything you read on the internet.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I only have to READ the other complaints to KNOW THAT THEY ARE A SCAM.

I will take the other people's word for it that have already been scammed by people like you!
 24th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I don't know what to think so to be on the safe side I will order nothing. I too here alot of negetive things about these companys and if even a reasonable doubt arrises, it should be enough to keep people from making a big miststake. Take my advice and go to Staples or somewhere like that and buy the software for your computer protection.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY GET LEGIT THINGS ON THE NET BUT SO MANY SCAMS HAVE INFECTED ALL OUR ABLITIES TO DO BUSNIESS IN CYBER SPACE THAT IT JUST ISIN'T WORTH IT ANYMORE...DAM SHAME
 26th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I moved to Quebec with my new wife. I am an American Citizen 45 years old. Ever since my first computer, HP 166mghz, there have been people ready to take my money. I only buy system check software from the store. You know what you get and who is selling it. Get off your butts, go to a store, buy it for $10 more than online. Do not even buy a resubscribe at the end of the coverage cycle. Yes, you will spend more money... but the hassle and the time to fix it is worth every penny. I agree, do not buy on line because the scammers are getting better at coping company logos and using the latest photo software. Oh, the Quebec connection... our neighbour used a scanning software and was double charged for the sofeware. Two weeks to fix and 9 phone calls. The home company was in Croatia. Does that mean they are bad...? you decide. Take it to shop and pay $ 75 an hour, or... a Croatian company Do research and not just with Goggle... but do the work save the headache.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by    +2 Votes
As an experienced individual in software design/development, software testing, and computer problem solving (AKA help desk, tech support), I'd like to submit a comment relating to the accuracy of this "CyberDefender customer service representative." Here they are, numbered:
1. "Any time you so much as move the mouse, you are creating new registry errors."
YOUR MOUSE MOVIHG HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGES TO THE REGISTRY UNLESS YOU ARE IN REGEDIT AND ARE ACTIVELY DELETING THINGS! Anyone who did their research would know this
2. "You cannot have downloaded any of CyberDefender's software products to your Linux computer, as none of our products will run on any operating system other than Windows 7, XP, or Vista."
It's called Wine, buddy. And if there is no registry for a fully functional registry scanner to scan, it will crash rather than come up with errors. Once again, I am skilled in software development and testing, and I know how things work in computers. If the scanner can't find a registry to scan (meaning it's not a Microsoft Windows OS), it will, at best, report 0 errors. In most cases, it will crash.
3. "Our products are not guaranteed to work properly on any OS besides Windows 7, XP, or Vista."
Your products aren't guaranteed to work PERIOD. Your Terms of Service say, and I quote (but not in all caps like the terms, except for parts I would like to emphasize): "CyberDefender and the Protected Parties MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITES OR ANY SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED THEREFROM ... WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, [and on and on]."
Warranty and guarantee are almost interchangeable from a legal point of view (I've studied business law).
4. "I am a CyberDefender customer service representative."
No you are not. If you are, you lack critical skills or knowledge (or choose to hide them because you want some of the scam money), or you are regurgitating what the sales rep reading over your shoulder is telling you.
5. "The FTC would not allow a rogue antivirus company to advertise on national television, for example."
You would be AMAZED at the mistakes people make. The fact that the websites you advertise all have different names is also convenient for you because it makes them seem like competing companies. In fact, I bet you have separate "entities" (that don't really exist, but are there to fill in gaps for the scam) with these names so you can feed the FTC this crap. Also, I'm pretty sure there are no policies about Rogue Antivirus Companies advertising. Plenty for scammers, which is why you have had to use so many different web sites and "entities" over the last few years; but not for Rogue AV companies.

Also, your website has false advertising on it. CNet most definitely did not rate any of these websites or their software with 4 stars. It was most likely people you hired to give it ratings (as the ratings are done by the consumers) who shot it up. A company with enough money at its disposal could certainly accommodate this, and even make it come from different external IP addresses (didn't think I knew about those, did you?).

Also, it seems to me that every one of CyberDefender's posts on this complaint have been marketing attempts--nothing but sales pitches. This is the only one that actually addresses the problems, albeit with false information crafted to look real. You could have a class action lawsuit filed against you right now, and you would lose so badly that you wouldn't know what a computer was anymore (thank heavens).
 18th of Oct, 2010 by    +2 Votes
The above is the kind of rant you can expect from me about software companies that try to cheat people out of their money and sanity. I also researched it well, so it can't really be qualified as a rant (except for the last paragraph).

Contact Us