logo

OREO COOKIES
NO FILLING N TASTED BAD
3. (26 mins ago)
Euro Pro Shark Steam Cleaner
Machine suddenly stopped working.
4. (27 mins ago)

Motability Complaints & Reviews - Refusing to provide car for my mum

Motability Contacts & Informations

Motability

Posted: 2012-04-26 by    Tulip-2012

Refusing to provide car for my mum

Motabilty
United Kingdom
Before my mum got her first motability car I asked the dealership to tell me what we could use the car for.
The Dealer said social, domestic and commuting to work.
I then asked the dealer if I would be able to use the car to drive to work and back and also advised him that I did not live with my mother however I'm only 2 minutes away from her home.
The dealer said yes I would be insured to use the car for work.
Then this year in February I contacted Mitability because I needed some information. And I was advised by the adviser that I'm not insured to use the car for work if I don't live with my mum.
I was shocked so I contacted the insurance company and they said the same.
I was extremely upset to know I had been miss informed by the dealer I then made arrangements straight away to buy my own car.
And my mother was due to change her motability car in March this year and we got a call from the dealer to say the car had been canceled by motability.
I called them to ask them why they had done this and all they said was we had gone against their terms and conditions.
I tried to explain to them that it was due to the incorrect information provided by the dealer but they even refused the appeal.
I the contacted several dealerships and asked to speak to their motability specialists and I asked the all the same question if I would be insured to use the car for work even though I don't live with my mum and each one of them said yes.
I recorded these calls and emailed motability and still they have refused to change their desision because they don't want to admit they were wrong.
My mum is a very ill person and I supported my mum and took her to see the grand children who live quite far from her and now I don't know when she will see them again.
My mum finds it a real struggle getting in and out of my car because it's very low down.
Please can someone advise me what to do I tried to find the contact info for the chief executive of Motability but I have been unable to get it.
My mum is now isolated all thanks to the wrong information from the dealership.

Regards

Tulip
Comments United Kingdom Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

The 5 Things You Should Never Do When Filing Bankruptcy