logo

monumental
7541 s wabash
Chicago, Illinois
Phone: 312-608-2300
I received a letter stating my mother has a policy with monumental. My mother passed away in 1992. When i called monumental, i was told that a policy did exist. i was told to fax a claim, death certificate, and hippa form to them. i then received a letter from them stating they received all of my information and would process the calim within 15 days of receiving my forms. i then called 2 weeks later and was told the claim was paid back in 1992. and they stated they never closed the claim out in 1992 but refused to send me proof the claim was paid.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Monumental Life Insurance complaints
Monumental Life Insurance - Stay away from these guys

Comments

9th of Apr, 2014 by   nedepe 0 Votes
A relative informed me that two checks from Monumental Life had been sent to her to close an account of my father who had died in 1988. She had been told that she was not a beneficiary, so she suggested that I call and ascertain if I was a beneficiary. I was told by the claims dept. That I was a beneficiary and I proceeded to fill out their paperwork, obtain a death certificate and then fax (per their request) and try to close the accounts (2). During the 6 month interim to collect the $136, my relative called a month after the paperwork had been submitted and the checks were mailed to her and she deposited the money into her bank account. I was told after the checks had been cashed that I was not a beneficiary, and that I should call the relative, but Monumental Life couldn't give me any information about who the beneficiary was. I had been informed by four representatives on different dates that I had been the beneficiary. As this was a small amount and resolution could involve taking a relative to court, I decided not to pursue it any further. The cost of faxing and obtaining the death certificate was $20. My relative submitted no paperwork.

Consumer Update: Save Your Skin from Sun