logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Norton.com / CS CA
Unsolicited "renewal" of norton product!
2. (5 mins ago)
PLDT
no internet and telephone since typhhon Glenda
3. (10 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-05-16 by    AngryBlackMan

stolen money

moneypak
Georgia
On May 11, 2012 i purchased a moneypak card from cvs. The next day the funds were unavailable. i called customer service and they said that the card is invalid. after further investigation they found that the money was loaded to an mci card. i asked how could they load their card without my pin. they said that there are numbers on the receipt that could be used. they told me that if they could get the money back from the person who took it only then will they refund my money. but they cannot give me any information on the person who took it. i am left to believe that either an employee of cvs or someone who works with moneypak is defrauding people. No one had access to my receipt except me and the persons at cvs. 5 days later i am still waiting for a resolution. i guess my money and circumstances are not important moneypak. I hope they go out of business because their customer service is poor, and they were rude to me as if i stole my own money. i am the one who had to sit on the phone with them for hours while they transfer me to different departments and have me give the same repetitive information over and over. i called on a weekend and after all the time that i spent on the phone with them, they tell me that i have to wait and call back during weekday business hours. Needless to say, i will not be buying anymore moneypaks. They lost my business with the customer service alone. I could live with losing $25, but my time on the phone with them was worth a 100 times more than that. If you buy a moneypak to load your card you best do it as soon as you purchase it.
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Apr, 2011 by   Jpeterman 0 Votes
Wow. Purchase a moneypak for $300, go to use it the next day and my funds are GONE. $0.00

How does this happen?
 31st of Jan, 2013 by   debra lee abbas 0 Votes
hope u got your money back by now .. i have the same problem and i am determined to sue to the full extent of the law.. I've used moneypaks for 3 yrs and have been very careful about keeping the card and receipt in hand until money is transferred..

However, i bought a 500 dollar card about a month ago at 7 eleven and called the number to transfer funds and money was gone..!!!.. they said it was transferred to a debit card ... how???????? I am getting the run around and no resolution for almost a month now, i have called several times the dispute dept, sent them a copy of the receipt and moneypak card... no call backs and 5 days is now 30 days.. I'm pissed and will seek legal action to the full extent of the law if monies r not returned and now will become an advocate to warn others and seek action to this growing problem. I will not give up..!!!... Any interested in pursuing a resolution and bring this problem to light to the media and law enforcement and even file a lawsuit...please respond, also if u have any suggestions.
 24th of May, 2013 by   ksanchez9 0 Votes
the same thing happen to me but it was more than 1000 dollars the could not or would not do anything

How to Make Money with Mobile Internet