logo

GreenGeeks Hosting
BEWARE
5. (12 mins ago)
Upworkptr.com
Stay away from these crooks

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Money Network
7000 Goodlett Farms Parkway 3rd floor
Cordova, Tennessee
Phone: 800-913-0900
My Pay went on this "Money Network Check acct." for about 3 months. I didn't use the card because of a transaction fee to withdraw my money using the card. I waited until all my money was done going on the card so I could withdraw all with one check. A few months went by and when I called to find out the total, they said that the account had a hold on it. To release this hold I had to fax my SS card and a license. I did this. Then I called and they said I had to fax them a copy of my Passport because of the "patriot act" . I am 17 and don't have a passport. I was then told I needed to give them a school ID or a credit card. So again I faxed my license and a credit card. When I called back they said they never received this. Now I have faxed to them all three, license, credit card and SS card. Now they have said that my address is different on my license then it is on their file. So they cant release my money again. Even my district manager called and got the run around. Now what do I do. They owe me three months pay!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Sep, 2009 by   brdrk 0 Votes
Money network has the worst possible customer service ever. It's been almost 3 weeks that I've tried to get my money from them. I called to cancel a check that was lost and they said I would have to wait 10 days which is fine. Called 10 days later and they said it would be 3 days for it to credit back. A week went by. Called again and they said nothing was done to it previously so I had to wait 3 more days. Still waiting for my money. The customer service people just constants apologize "Sorry for the inconvenience. Sorry Sir." Over and over again. They should actually do things right the first time. America needs to stop outsourcing.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   moneynetworksucks 0 Votes
same problem. my money is on hold for THREE DAYS!!!

I have bills to pay now. They wouldn't even let me speak to a supervisor.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   Budweiser +1 Votes
You can make a complaint with Visa they are guaranteed to protect your money, look up Visa toll free number.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   xhack2 0 Votes
first of all, some debit card systems have limitations on inactivity. some will outright shut down the card and send you a check. the account was luckily only on hold, maybe it was simply being confirmed if the user is still active or perhaps auto upgraded due to inactivity so the automatic card system will deduct fees and eventually shut the card account. again others will simply shut the card outright. now for all banks upgrades to visa requires the patriot act amended banking requirements...

"Title III of the Act directly impacts financial institutions and amends several sections of the Bank Secrecy Act. Section 326 of Title III requires financial institutions to create and implement what is referred to as a customer identification program or CIP"
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   nicole bilbao 0 Votes
Money network has my money on hold for two months. I've scanned my SS and my number. They said they never received. I've faxed this around three times. When i call customer service they dont do anything to help except say that the last 6 digits of my social security number are wrong. I dont know what else to do, it's not like they have an office where i can complain personally.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   Michelle T Martin 0 Votes
Im going thru the same thing with moneynet they told me to fax info due to them verifiing my address, Ive faxed my ss#, dl#card, and then they told me to fax copy of check stub, then they told me to fax copy of letter from my sister stating I live with her, did that, money net claim they never got it, there should be a law suit aginst moneynet. contact me at 214 524 1342 / or 464 464 6011 something needs to be done../ just imagine them holding on to thousands of customers financial funds .THERE NEEDS TO BE A PITITION STARTED NOW..I live inthe Dallas Area and this is affecting thousands. maybe millions of individuals
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   Catherine4444 0 Votes
I went throught the exact same thing! i'm 17 and when i told my dad about it (hes an attorny) he was sooooo mad. he called them up and said there is no reason for not giving me my money. he asked for the supervisor and she gave us a fax number to the bank of money network. I had to send a call back number, address, and signature to close the account and get my money. the best part is thought if they send me even one cent short they are going to be sued. they can not deny you your hard earned cash!
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   F***You 0 Votes
Send a letter to your court system in your area, I am taking them down, but it will help if more people actually send written complains about them that way it is on paper, so sue guys, sue...They need to be shut down, and all of us have the power to...
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   F***You 0 Votes
My girlfriend has the same problem with them, but talking about it on a site, doesnt help taking legal action against them, so all of us need to complain to whoever allows them to operate...FYI...the people that try to tell you how they never had a problem with the card, and how it is so awesome using this card, are the actual people that work for that company...do not let them fool you...
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   F***You 0 Votes
If you guys want to start a petition, e-mail me at olsicobo@yahoo.com...we can shut them down...
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   Jackie Briggs 0 Votes
here is my story and personal problems with money network out of TN, it all started when my account with them was hacked into and i reported it. I went thru all the steps you take by filing a dispute, now they will not release my 400.00 dollars till after January 13th of 2012, and my money was stolen from my account in the middle of November, to make matters even worse, my dispute represenitive will not return ANY of my phone calls Im so pissed I cannot see straight.. I don't know what to do except burn their phones up all day to find out why they cannot put MY money back on my account...
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   MadAmericanWife 0 Votes
My money was stolen at a gas station in Santo Domingo, Domminican Republic.How did the thieves get the PIN and the card number, I was never out of the US.I have done everything the Money Network has told me to do, to return the money, but they have not returned all the monies that were stolen.It has been over 30 days, now.Fees have been charged to my card for everything from "Lost card", it was not lost...to talking to a LIVE person at Money Network.My Account summary sheets do not have the correct balances on them.I call Money Network every week and have even been to the local police to try to get my money back.Still no response, from Money Network, on the "Lost Monies".I have even contacted the Better Business Bureau in Denver Colorado to try to get this issue resolved.They need to be shut down, I agree.
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   Ihatemoneynetwork 0 Votes
This is the worst company ever !!! As soon as my funds are released I will no longer do business with them
 29th of Jun, 2012 by   quackpak 0 Votes
isn't this bank owned by WALMART?
 15th of Apr, 2013 by   Katiemonnetworksucks 0 Votes
They have had a hold on my account for OVER two months! Get direct deposit if your job only offers money network. They asked for Id and SS card faxed it then they said they needed a bill with my fiancé's name on it with his signature stating I lived with him and they told me the bill had to be notorized. Soo insane. I work hard for my money and they are withholding it for no reason. It should be enough at I validate who I am.
 31st of Aug, 2013 by   cassondracole 0 Votes
Unable to transfer my balance to my debit card. Can't find no dollar general or. Money network card in not one store. Can't reach customer service unless I have a money network card. I have a reload pak I cannot use or I cannot get funds transferred to another card. Even the store i purchased the money pak from don't even carry the debit card that works with the money network pak.
 3rd of Sep, 2013 by   Joy Allard 0 Votes
Money Network Sucks! Where is my money for the money network voided check. They said 24 hours or 38 hours. Get off your lazy ass and put our money back on our payroll account. It is so easy and fast to subtract or money, but so so hard and slow to put money back on our account.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by   mike2868 0 Votes

blog to visa's web site
 25th of Oct, 2013 by   your ex-customer 0 Votes
Money Network sucks!!! hate them!!!
 7th of Feb, 2014 by   hazelm 0 Votes
Money Network received my tax refund through direct deposit on 2/5/2014. I called on 2/7/2014 to ask why the funds have not been released yet. There is a hold on my money to not be released until the 10th. Asked for a supervisor to take the hold off of my account and was told some bullshit about she has verified my IRS information and they have already notified me of the 14 day waiting period (lies and more lies). She then told me that I should be happy that they are releasing the money on the 10th, they could hold it until the 15th if they wanted. Lesson Learned. Money network is a scam, they are holding our money purposely. I assume the longer they hold it the more interest Meta Bank makes off of it. I will never use this shit again.

Health Care Without Insurance: $100 a Month