Metro Pcs

TRAVEL TALK

METRO PCS
Inglewood, California
TRAVEL TALK IS SUPPOSED TO BE HELPFUL WHEN YOUR'E
"TRAVELING" BUT I HAVENT TRAVELED SINCE I'VE HAD THIS PHONE BUT ACCORDING TO MY STUPID CELL IM TRAVELING EVEN WHEN I'M AT HOME. I DO NOT HAVE A HOUSE LINE BECAUSE TIMES ARE TOUGH AND I THOUGT IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER ON THE POCKETS I FIGURED ANYONE COULD REACH ME AT ANYTIME RIGHT? WRONG! APPARENTLY WHEN MY PHONE IS "ROAMING" I CAN NOT MAKE OR RECEIVE ANY CALLS ONLY TEXT WHICH ABSOLUTELY SUCKS BECAUSE MY PHONE CHOOSES TO GO INTO TRAVEL TALK MODE SEVERAL TIMES A DAY THE DUMPEST PART OF THE WHOLE SITUATION IS TURNING IT OFF ISNT ALWAYS SIMPLE AFTER GOING THROUGH THE STEPS, SETTINGS, NETWORK, THEN CHANGE OVER 20 TIMES MY SERVICE MAY OR MAY NOT RESUME. WOW!! WHAT A CONVENIENT LITTLE FEATURE YOU GUYS HAVE FOR US NON-TRAVELERS. THANX FOR NOTHING METRO.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
METRO PCS SUCKS! THEY HAVE BAD SERVICE AND THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE VERY RUDE. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND WHEN I TRIED TO RETURN THE PHONE AFTER 4 DAYS THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE
 28th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Metro PCS is a very affordable phone service if you pay attention to what you are getting.
Here in Florida Metro PCS works very well for the most part. And for a Flat rate of $45 for unlimited features it well worth it. As far as Roaming, simply turn it off in local areas.
If you are out of the coverage area, just turn it on. But you can only send and receive text messages for free. If you want to use it to make phone calls you will have to pre-pay, and calls cost .19 cents a minute.. I find this perfectible acceptable for the little amount I travel.

So duhh... if you travel or are in a rural Metro PCS id not the phone company for you..
 30th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
For over a week I argued, begged & pleaded at every level, 6 store reps, 6 online reps. In my opinion all of them incompetent and many rude. Autopay account deleted and recreate at least 4 times. Everyone keeps saying the same thing just go in and update to account info. The account was even verified by a Corporate Center supervisor. Phone service has been shut off twice. Even after the store manager at the corporate Center assured me that it ad been restored.

Then I found the emails for coroprate HQ. Two emails to three execs and the problem was fixed in two hours.You do the math. Corporate email, fax number, phone number and my complaint letter is at http://SwensonStudio.com/MetroPCS.htm

Pass the link along
 11th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I 100% agree with the travel talk complaint. The same thing happens on my android moving from one room to another at home and not just once or twice a day but three sometimes more. As far as the costumer service well they act like we're bothering them. They're out and out rude. And they don't care if you know it. They've hung up on me a few times because I've told them they are being rude. Metro PCS should hire people who enjoy their job.
 29th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Metro is definitely the worse in my area. If I had known I would never have bought a phone and paid for a month's service. Reception in my area so bad, doesn't work in my area of employment or where my one daughter and grandkids live even tho only 7 miles away My neighbor 100 ft away and my grand-daughter in same room didn't get my text, that's really bad..The employees in store were professional even tho I was rude as I was highly upset when I went in store. Been there 3 times in 3 wks. not paying for another month. Out the cost of the phone but won't be aggravated anymore. Once phone froze on me, couldn't get but one screen, couldn't call or text. What do you call that? Employee said needed to be calibrated even tho it worked OK for 4 days prior. Really the worse! Hate it with a passion!!!
 24th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
I'm at school in University Park PA and it says travel talk but it was saying that when I was home as well! I pay for Internet and picture messaging and I don't have either, and I know they won't deduct my bill since those services aren't available because this company is crap, I should've just switched over.
 10th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
My service is not so bad, but everytime I go into a Metro PC store the customer service sucks. I bought a phone that had two rebates. However even though the girl in the store filled out the paperwork for me and put in an envelope, I just added a stamp. I received a letter telling me the rebate was not within the time frame of the rebate. Go figure... employee gave the wrong rebate papers.
 7th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I live in Los Angeles so it is definitely not a rural area. I've used Metro in the past and it was fine, no problems. I reconnected the phone today and it is constantly roaming or on "Travel Talk." I found out that Metro charges a lot for this so I turned my roaming off, now I have absolutely no service whatsoever. I'm not sure what's going on because there are plenty of t-mobile towers around here. I am disappointed, especially since I've never had a problem with Metro pcs before. Also, two people at the authorized dealership set up my phone, I wish they would have told me about Travel Talk and what it entails. I know they noticed because I noticed the flashing "R" and the words "Ttravel Talk" across the top of the screen right away. Again, truly disappointed. I thought you were better than this, Metro PCS, I thought you were better than this..
 30th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Is so Stupid THE METRO PCS. My phone got TRAVEL TALK and i don't know what about, I cant make calls not even text message...I don't know what to do about it ...

Metro PCS Logo Metro PCS