Menards

rebate scam

3.45
Menards
Wisconsin
Their rebates really are a scam. I don't mind that what they give must be used in Menards. What bugs me is that the rebate must be mailed in usually within a week later, must include the original receipt, you must create and address your own envelope, and then you still need to wait 6-8 weeks. This type of unnecessary overhead demonstrates that they really do not want people collecting on those rebates.
Complaint comments Comments (13) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

4th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
John, I guess you've not done many rebates in your life. There are some out there that are easier than Menards, but many are more difficult.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
John,

I've rebated with Menards for years, and I have always gotten every penny that was coming to me. They make it very easy, even allowing you to send all your rebates in one envelope. They even print special rebate receipts. What more do you want, John? Really!
 30th of Jan, 2011 by    +2 Votes
jimboo, we don't have the same experience. For me, I have 4 occurence where I mailed my rebates bur they find way to send me pennies on the dollars with no explanation.
Recently, they offered $4 off a galon of Lucite paint with a limit of 4. I purchased 5 mailed it all, got back $4.
Today, I just got my 11% off for the first week of this year. Spend more than $1000, mailed two checks of $68 and $84, I got back $8 and $4.
I was looking for a class action out there to join it.
This is a REAL scam.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
after spending over 7000 on kitchen cabinets an countertops i went in with my 11% rebate to buy aircompressor and finish nail gun kit that was on sale I was told I would only be able to apply 50$ of my rebate on a 500 rebate card but they would allow me to pay difference in cash to get sale price and an additional 11% rebate thate I can only spend 50$ at a time so after I spend the 800$ in rebates I have I will Be shopping at Home Depot
 3rd of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I sent in my rebate forms over a month ago. I haven't gotten the rebate, and it isn't even showing up on the Menard's rebate tracker website. I'm very discouraged - I think Menards just stole $50 from me. I doubt I'm ever going to see the money.
 21st of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I think some of the workers in the rebate are dishonest, I have some from feb. and march I have'nt received yet.
 25th of Nov, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Weird jimboo Lives in the same town as Menards Corporate Headquarters & he's the only one defending them...Hmmm. Coincidence? lol
 8th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I returned an item from 11% rebate receipt and furing my return transaction, the menard's employee stole my rebate receipt at bottom of page!! I didn't notice it at the time and left the store. It was a very long reciept with over 15 items and well over $100. Several days later, I got my receipt in order for mailing and noticed the rebate receipt had been removed. I phoned and was told rebateinternational.com handles rebates now, not Menards. However, rebateinternational requires info printed on rebate receipt but mine had been stolen! No way for me to track my stolen rebate. I reported incident to menards store and menards corporate. That customer service employee is a thief. Also, not to be a victim any further. I decided to return every item I purchased on that receipt, that very day as to not wait for my rebate to be processed and sent to her instead. That store employee will certainly be surprised to see her rebate for about $2. Was it really worth it? Hope she loses her job. Shame when employees steal from employer but to have employees steal from customers... WOW. Outragous! I won't be shopping at menards again. This clerk ruined my opinion of the retailer.
 11th of Feb, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Charged just under $1300.00 at Warren, MI Menard's in Oct. 2015, sent in rebate with others of lesser value. Never got the big rebate, Menard's/Rebates International kept giving me the circle spin, referring to other rebates (claiming payment), and never acknowledging the biggest purchase. Once you send in your receipt, they've got you. You can't talk to anyone in authority, just nasty phone jockeys who give you the runaround and an address to write to. You can follow up with letters copies all you want, they just treat you like a tool. Upon investigating it appears they participate in this fraudulent practice for big ticket purchase rebates, passing the "hot potato" between them until you give up and go away.
That's just what I did, along with my thousands of dollars of business every year for my company. Boycott these fools and spend your money elsewhere where they have integrity and practice honesty!!!
 11th of Feb, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Menards / Rebates International engage in deceptive and dishonest practices regarding these rebates. Shop somewhere else!
 11th of Feb, 2016 by    +1 Votes
They will send you small ones for, say, $10 or $20, but try sending in one for a $1300 purchase! Then they will kick you back and forth between the geniuses at RI and Menard's Guest Services. Of course you can't actually talk to anyone but a bitter phone jockey, you have to write letters and send receipt copies and waste your time sending and receiving pointless e-mails. Then you suddenly realize they are engaging in dishonest, deceitful and immoral business practices. Who wants to bet a percentage of their pay is determined by how much money they cheat customers out of?!?
Take your money and shop somewhere where integrity still matters! Boycott Menards!!!
 15th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Not that some of you could be having problems here, but I have been submitting Menards rebates for years and I have NEVER had a problem getting the full rebates, and that has included getting rebate checks of more than $100. They make this about as easy as it gets for rebates, i.e. just pick up the forms, put on a return address sticker and put the forms and the rebate receipts in an envelope and send them to the address listed. As noted, you can send multiple rebates in one envelope so it's very convenient. The forms list the deadline for sending so pay attention to that, and if you're worried, make a copy of the rebate slips printed at the end of the receipt for your records.
 12th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
Well over the years ive returned probably 100 rebate cards for all various amounts and never a problem till recently. I purchaced a large amout of wood & siding durring there 11% rebate on everything well now the rebate comes back and insted of being almost $130 it was for $45 i took it to menards showed them the original recipe and the rebate and after almost a hr gave me a number for a corperate office and after 2 weeks of calls i finally gave up on it. So the next day i took some of the stuff i didnt usecand returned it for a in store voucher and guess what! The voucher was labeled as unreconizable tender i took it back over to customer service where i just recieved it and they couldnt get it to work either so once again i was given a number to cooperate i called wile standing there at customer service and they said they would check into it and call me back the next day so i said nevermind i want my retured items back and the lady was about in tears it wasnt her fault but there policy is a joke so i ended up calling the police and after another hour they came i explained to them the situation they asked the lady at customer service and she varifyed everything that i said her mgr made himself invisable to the cops i got my returned items back and filed a complaint with my local bbb and consumer fraud division and i was suppose to here from menards again never have now i only buy exactly what i need never no rebate stuff and go to lowes and pay more to avoid a situation like the 1 i had...ive been a huge beleiver in menards for 20+ years till now..there local menards has a bbb rating of half a star out of a 5 star i cant believe they let these menards be run like they are total rip off by cooperate...

Menards Logo Menards