rebate scam

Their rebates really are a scam. I don't mind that what they give must be used in Menards. What bugs me is that the rebate must be mailed in usually within a week later, must include the original receipt, you must create and address your own envelope, and then you still need to wait 6-8 weeks. This type of unnecessary overhead demonstrates that they really do not want people collecting on those rebates.
Was the above complaint useful?

4th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
John, I guess you've not done many rebates in your life. There are some out there that are easier than Menards, but many are more difficult.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

I've rebated with Menards for years, and I have always gotten every penny that was coming to me. They make it very easy, even allowing you to send all your rebates in one envelope. They even print special rebate receipts. What more do you want, John? Really!
 30th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
jimboo, we don't have the same experience. For me, I have 4 occurence where I mailed my rebates bur they find way to send me pennies on the dollars with no explanation.
Recently, they offered $4 off a galon of Lucite paint with a limit of 4. I purchased 5 mailed it all, got back $4.
Today, I just got my 11% off for the first week of this year. Spend more than $1000, mailed two checks of $68 and $84, I got back $8 and $4.
I was looking for a class action out there to join it.
This is a REAL scam.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
after spending over 7000 on kitchen cabinets an countertops i went in with my 11% rebate to buy aircompressor and finish nail gun kit that was on sale I was told I would only be able to apply 50$ of my rebate on a 500 rebate card but they would allow me to pay difference in cash to get sale price and an additional 11% rebate thate I can only spend 50$ at a time so after I spend the 800$ in rebates I have I will Be shopping at Home Depot
 3rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I sent in my rebate forms over a month ago. I haven't gotten the rebate, and it isn't even showing up on the Menard's rebate tracker website. I'm very discouraged - I think Menards just stole $50 from me. I doubt I'm ever going to see the money.
 21st of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I think some of the workers in the rebate are dishonest, I have some from feb. and march I have'nt received yet.
 25th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
Weird jimboo Lives in the same town as Menards Corporate Headquarters & he's the only one defending them...Hmmm. Coincidence? lol

Menards Logo Menards