logo

Just for men hair color
Bad product horrible reactions
2. (2 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize
3. (5 mins ago)
Ymax Communications Corp
Illegal harassment
4. (21 mins ago)
Toyota / MMT Gearbox
Dishonest Sales Tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with MMT gearbox as Automatic
5. (36 mins ago)
Medi-Zone
False promises

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Mate1.com Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized credit card billing!

Mate1.com Contacts & Informations

Mate1.com

Posted:    SM

Unauthorized credit card billing!

Mate1.com placed a $49.95 unauthorized charge on my credit card after I canceled the $1.95 three (3) day "trial" membership. Called to remove the charge. Some "MIKE" at Mate1.com said I was minutes late canceling the trial period (which I was not as I canceled the second day). Refused to get supervisor (probably no supervisors there).

Rouge company that will rip you off!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Dec, 2007 by   Dave Gondewski 0 Votes
I have been using mate1 for just 2 weeks and so far I've been unalbe to exchage contact info with any of the female members. Any time I send my email to her though the mail system, it gets edited out and the same applies when she is writing to me. I've added my email to a photo which I then attach to my letter and send to her, to my shock, not a single photo has been delivered to the women I'm in contact with.

Mate1 is not a clean or fair system. There is definately something dirty happening with this site. I do NOT advise anybody to waste their money on this service. It is DISHONEST.
 28th of Dec, 2007 by   miss blessing -1 Votes
Mate1 banned me becasue someone (?) complained about me. why? no idea. no explanation from them, no chance to defend myself... unfair. didnt bother to reply to my emails seeking reasons... veryrude. http://www.freedatingusa.com/friendfinder.asp
 8th of Jan, 2008 by   zara hussain 0 Votes

Want to cancel my account - Mate1.com

I want to cancel my account with them i cant
 13th of Jan, 2008 by   Carlton Scott Hughett 0 Votes
I just want to be given the information needed on how to cancel my account. I simply cannot afford this at the time.
 14th of Jan, 2008 by   Shawna Knapp 0 Votes
I want to cancel my account because I am tired of all these charges to my bank account that I never knew I would have. I have no way to do this and would like to know how!!!
 4th of Feb, 2008 by   Joseph Larra 0 Votes
I have read these complaints over and over again with all pay dating sites. The best thing I can suggest it what I do. Go to wal-mart get your self a prepaid visa with only about five dallors on it. Go ahead an take advantage of their free trial. When they try to renew. It will kick back out. You will not have to worry about there tricky cancellation policies or in a panic of your checks bouncing on reoccuring charges calling them to no avail. I found this to be a safe way to beat them at there own game.

Hope this helps.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   Shirley A. Mac Murray 0 Votes
I have been with this site too long to be disatisfiedwith the lousy job that you'll are doing with this site . I filled out my profile and it says that I am a female, but some kind of way I am getting e-mails from women and women only, ain't nothing funny about me ,not even my name, so I would appreciate it if someone would take a few minutes and please get this straightened out so that I may start getting my e-mails from men again. this is so embarrassing to me, I feel so humiliated. thanks Shirley. poohbear49,
 15th of Feb, 2008 by   James Wesley Graves 0 Votes
I am on a three day trial and you want to charge me $49.95 a month. I have a friend that told me she didn't pay anything to be on the net. I would like to stay on but not for that price.898
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by   sirvando vargas 0 Votes
Please cancell my subscription I've unsccessful all day to get a response.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   frank 0 Votes
Mate1 baited me with interest in my profile so i signed up for 3 day member to see and then i got charged about 60dollars. I cant find out what time period this covers and my credit card company cant/wont get it back. The interested person was their online ambassador, had no interest in me whatsoever. Have tried to utilize my reluctant membership but now suspect my message did not get through to the lady in question after she sent me an encouraging message, hmm more bait. I want out but now scared of site as intructions dont have corresponding result. Rippoff!!!
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   ghislain corbeil 0 Votes
EXTRA MONTH BILLING AFTER I CANCELLED MY INSCRIPTION.
 5th of Apr, 2008 by   Jim Swallow 0 Votes
Mate1 is a RIPOFF run by a SLEAZEBALL ATTNOREY from NY.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   phil marsden 0 Votes
charged for full member but only got guest member so i have no subscription number to cancel. cannot access any cancellation to my subscription or credit card. we do not rip people off in Australia
like this so this is the last time i deal with this mob of bastards.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   phil marsden 0 Votes
i am registered as a guest member despite paying subscription for one months full membership. i cannot access a site to cancel as you have to be a full member to do so. i am wondering what charges are going to come off my debit card after my months subscription (which i never got) runs out.
 11th of Apr, 2008 by   phil marsden 0 Votes
happy birthday to me
 13th of Apr, 2008 by   steven joseph bennett 0 Votes
hi my name is steve
you ripped me off$59.00
you dont know this but my father works for the a triple c acurrent afairs channel 9
is going to be informed about this sight if my money is not returned he wil get in contact with all complaintents and we will close you down. also my family friend is a high court judge in los angelies and he will be contacted tomorrow at 9.30pm your time
at this point we are currently building a case against sights that produce money through defraud and miss use of peoples bank accounts
Thanking You
S J Bennett
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   Guy 0 Votes
I'm sick of this. Costumer service is supposed to be ANYTIME and ANYDAY. Not no buisness hours. What kind of buisiness are you running? Now, you deleted my profile, because a cam model reported me and said things I never said, because I wouldn't go to her cam site and vote her. You're not supposed to even allow cam models on that site, so why did you delete me for something I didn't do, and not delete her for breaking the rules? I see a big problem right there...I think you need better people working for you, and get things straight, so people aren't misled. This isn't a controlled site, and i'll be happy if you refund my money, because what you did was not justified for. Please contact me at Guyscruggs2000@yahoo.com immediately. Thank you.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by   beverlyhuff 0 Votes
I would like to cancel any subscriptions on your site, I do not want to belong to it. It wasn't as good as I thought it might be.
 30th of Apr, 2008 by   J H 0 Votes
I am another poor sap that tried the three days and got billed for 50 immediately after. I have tried cancelling a few times today, and tried to call customer service to confirm it has been cancelled, and the representative HUNG UP ON ME! Not only that, but when i tried to call back, all i get is a busy signal now.

If this thing doesnt get cancelled, i am unable to get ahold of anyone, and i am charged again, there is going to be a lawsuit coming your way, mate1.

I expect to be reimbursed, and feel free to delete my account!
this is not worth my time.
 30th of Apr, 2008 by   J H 0 Votes
Upon re-reading the membership details, i do not care for reimbursement... all i want is my name off your lists forever.

Open your customer service line, as it is apparently busy all the time (I dont even get to hold for a representative), cancel my account, delete my profile, and be rid of me. I would rather not have to contact my bank about this.

The 5 Things You Should Never Do When Filing Bankruptcy