logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
united lending services
was guaranteed a loan for $35 but was denied. I want my money back.
2. (1 mins ago)
Abercrombie, Hollister
Descrimination against heathy sized girls
3. (8 mins ago)
Berkline
Terrible everything
4. (19 mins ago)
payexim.com
Don’t send them money – they don’t exchange them
5. (34 mins ago)
Thesis writing
Not professionals

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Mate1.com Complaints & Reviews - Billed my credit card after i cancel my membership!

Mate1.com Contacts & Informations

Mate1.com

Posted:    Valerie

Billed my credit card after i cancel my membership!

This co billed my credit card after i cancel my membership. This scam and cheating! Beware!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2007 by   Travis Jensen +1 Votes
I tried cancelling my service many times and they never cancelled and said that they would cancel but didn't.
 3rd of Feb, 2007 by   david 0 Votes
This company is not honest, it's a thief.

Do attention. The 3 days trial are free but this company will automatically bill you 50$/month if you didn't cancel the membership.

Very expensive!
Read carefully.
Not recommended site.
 10th of Feb, 2007 by   Brian McDaid 0 Votes
I tried to post a "about me" profile three times. And when I finished, it was blank. That's why I had to do it three times. The fourth time I was a bit pissed off and left an explicative message. I didn't think it would show up like the rest of the three. Well, it did. I was totally unaware of this until I talked to a woman from Dublin. She said I sounded angry. I tried to delete it and it is still there. Mate 1 has no phone number to contact them or even E-mail . No correspondence to help people when they need something. They SUCK. I just want to delete what is on there and create a new one. Is that to much to ask. Apparently it is.
 9th of May, 2007 by   Mate1 Support 0 Votes
I'd like to clear up some confusion and/or misinformation in the previous comments.

1. Mate1 has email support, which is available to all of our members. Support by phone is also available but only to paying members.

2. Members are encouraged to report any bugs they find in the operation of the site. Mr. McDaid should have contacted member support with a description of the problem. We have support links located at the bottom of almost every page.

3. Mr Jensen, if anyone told you that your service was canceled when it wasn't, they should be fired. I know this coming a long time after your complaint but if you have any information that would allow us to look into this situation, I'd love to take a look at it.

4. David, there's a difference between being expensive and being a thief. Members are strongly encouraged to read all of the documentation concerning their membership and/or their paid subscription. Unfortunately, we cannot force members to read everything, but that doesn't make us dishonest.
 20th of Jul, 2007 by   Maurice Corpuz 0 Votes
I too am being ripped off, I canceled my subscription months ago and have found out now that they have been charging my credit card each month. yes I believe they are just stealing money. I don't even remember my user name or pass word so I can't even get on the sight to use what they are charging me for. My credit card company said all they can do is block that credit card, and send me a new one with a new number. so you see for a few months they have been just stealing my money. After I canceled my subscription. And as it is I have no sight of any recourse till now. But I do not intend to just let it go. I am searching for some help to go after these people. If anyone who reads this knows a way to get these people or would like to band together with me to go after them, please contact me at mcorpuzsr3@verizon.net, or call my phone at 1-281-989-3707.
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   Mate1 Support 0 Votes
Dear Mr. Maurice Corpuz,

I hope that I can bring to light information regarding this complaint. I found your profile with the email address that you provided and it appears that you had become a member of Mate1 in March 2007 and only purchased our three day trial: this was canceled out in a timely manner and expired.

However, you did have another profile with us from back in 2006 under a different email address. Judging from that transaction report, you had repurchased our service several times after your full membership expired. Your last repurchase was in March of 2007 and you've not had a charge since then, based on the little information that you have given us. You had also continued to use the full membership service throughout the month of April, until your membership expired. I also see that absolutely no attempt was made to contact support@mate1.com from either email addresses to ask what was happening with your billing.

We provide our full members with three ways to cancel their subscription: A member can easily cancel out Online through their profile, call our toll-free number or email our client support.

Our customer service team would have been happy to help you out with any billing issues that you had. If the email address that you used was forgotten, we could have searched for your profile in other ways. If you have created another profile that is not mentioned in the above section and using a different credit card number and email address, we would be happy to look into the matter for you. But please, you must contact us in order for our staff to help you in this matter. We will try to resolve this as swiftly as we can.

Sincerely,
Mate1 Support
 30th of Sep, 2007 by   David Thomas 0 Votes
hello i tried to sign up for 3 day trial and the credit card info that i gave was correct and valid but it said that the transaction could not be completed and i should try another card which i dont have so can you tell me what the problem may be?
thanks David
 7th of Oct, 2007 by   Chet J Manko 0 Votes
I clicked on 3 day trial for 1.95 & without any notice to me they went ahead & started billing me @ 50.00 a month. What a bunch of crimanals! They should be locked up for these lo-life ways.
 8th of Oct, 2007 by   kayhan oren 0 Votes
Mate1.com using still my credit card. I paid 1 time for a year. I learned they taking 65$ per mount. You have to pay back, and you will pay, and I will tell everybody on the world.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by   Mate1 0 Votes
Mr. Thomas: I'd need a bit more information about the transaction to determine why it might have been declined. I'd suggest calling customer service at (888)688-4760 so we can get to the bottom of this.

Mr. Manko: The credit card page clearly states that if you don't cancel your trial membership, it will be renewed to a full monthly membership. This is repeated again in the receipt that was emailed to you and in the terms and conditions. We gave you notice in three places. I fail to see how the fact that you chose not read, makes us criminals.

Mr. Oren: We've never offered a yearly membership plan. We only offer monthly memberships at $49.95 USD and a one-time three day trial at $1.95. If we're still charging you're card its because you never canceled your membership. If you do not wish to continue your membership, either use the cancellation form on our website or contact customer service.
 14th of Oct, 2007 by   Robert J. Brito 0 Votes
I too bought the three day trial, when I went to cancel before the end of the three day trial, I found that it was next to impossible to get on the site to cancel. On THE phone, I repeatedly got nothing but a busy signal. Finally I had to get to work, still with no success at reaching Mate 1 for cancellation. After I got home from work that evening, I was finally able to get on Mate 1 site to cancel! Past the cancellation date that would keep me from being billed. My biggest gripe, is that it would be different if the site was a good one, but it sucks big time, in every way. It would take to long to voice all my concerns,, so I have to eat getting billed. What a bogus site. Was I ever a fool to trust Mate 1.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   Shirley A. Mac Murray 0 Votes
I have been with this site too long to be disatisfiedwith the lousy job that you'll are doing with this site . I filled out my profile and it says that I am a female, but some kind of way I am getting e-mails from women and women only, ain't nothing funny about me ,not even my name, so I would appreciate it if someone would take a few minutes and please get this straightened out so that I may start getting my e-mails from men again. this is so embarrassing to me, I feel so humiliated. thanks Shirley. poohbear49,
 15th of Feb, 2008 by   James Wesley Graves 0 Votes
I am on a three day trial and you want to charge me $49.95 a month. I have a friend that told me she didn't pay anything to be on the net. I would like to stay on but not for that price.898
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   phil marsden 0 Votes
i am registered as a guest member despite paying subscription for one months full membership. i cannot access a site to cancel as you have to be a full member to do so. i am wondering what charges are going to come off my debit card after my months subscription (which i never got) runs out.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   Guy 0 Votes
I'm sick of this. Costumer service is supposed to be ANYTIME and ANYDAY. Not no buisness hours. What kind of buisiness are you running? Now, you deleted my profile, because a cam model reported me and said things I never said, because I wouldn't go to her cam site and vote her. You're not supposed to even allow cam models on that site, so why did you delete me for something I didn't do, and not delete her for breaking the rules? I see a big problem right there...I think you need better people working for you, and get things straight, so people aren't misled. This isn't a controlled site, and i'll be happy if you refund my money, because what you did was not justified for. Please contact me at Guyscruggs2000@yahoo.com immediately. Thank you.
 30th of Apr, 2008 by   J H 0 Votes
I am another poor sap that tried the three days and got billed for 50 immediately after. I have tried cancelling a few times today, and tried to call customer service to confirm it has been cancelled, and the representative HUNG UP ON ME! Not only that, but when i tried to call back, all i get is a busy signal now.

If this thing doesnt get cancelled, i am unable to get ahold of anyone, and i am charged again, there is going to be a lawsuit coming your way, mate1.

I expect to be reimbursed, and feel free to delete my account!
this is not worth my time.
 30th of Apr, 2008 by   J H 0 Votes
Upon re-reading the membership details, i do not care for reimbursement... all i want is my name off your lists forever.

Open your customer service line, as it is apparently busy all the time (I dont even get to hold for a representative), cancel my account, delete my profile, and be rid of me. I would rather not have to contact my bank about this.
 12th of May, 2008 by   dusan 0 Votes
they took my money too, for three days 50 usd.i canceled my membership, and i received confirmation for this.DON`T BELIEVE TO THEM, BETTER FIND SOMEONE OUTSIDE AND GIVE YOUR MONEY, YOU WILL BE HAPPY!!!
 27th of May, 2008 by   Stu 0 Votes
This site is a con, but fair play to them. They lure you with $2 charges for 3 days trial, and then charge you $50 a month... If you read the small print (as I did) you would have realised that they were going to charge you... It took me 2 minutes and I was convinced not to sign up, READ, dont just go around ticking terms and conditions boxes all over the place without checking what you are agreeing to.

I also noticed that you can quit within 3 days, but the only method mentioned is by SnailMail and they will take the date of Postage as the quit date, yes the good old post sytem (unless you are in UTah? where you can fax an unsubscribe). Seeing as I live in England, the letter would take more than 3 days to get there which would result in them charging me the $50 and then having to refund it (or hopefully refund it). It also says that they reserve the right to put a hold on your card (making your available balance $50 less then the account balance on your card), as soon as you sign up. If you get anything wrong or miss anything on your quitting letter, they will simply ignore it and your membership will continue (again in the terms)/ It is a scam, but a legal scam.

Why do you think they are based in Vancouver for christ sakes, the criminal capital of the world!

Hopefully this may help some people
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   TOMAS SOLIS 0 Votes
I want to cancel my membership, I only like to three days, how membership, please I hope so you can undestand me

Swine Flu Vaccine Scam