logo

Posted: 2012-02-13 by    trvlbug

Horrible quality

Marmoleum
Hawaii
Rented a lovely home for 2 1/2 years with Marmoleum sheet flooring on stairs and entire upstairs master suite. Flooring was next to impossible to clean from day 1, and I clean well. The special cleaning product just for their flooring was 100% ineffective in picking up any dirt, even when used in progressively stronger concentrations. EVERYTHING causes marks and dents in the floors, absolutely everything. Wheeling an empty suitcase in the room created heavy scuffs, so I soon stopped packing for trips in my bedroom. I had to carry clothes and everything else down the stairs and pack downstairs. I could not have a chair of any kind in the room as they left permanent deep dents, and shoes caused serious dents. We recently moved out of the home, and were horrified to see that our furniture has permanently stained and damaged the flooring material. Our furniture is mostly wood, which caused discolorations. (I have had all this furniture on white carpet before, and this never happened.) The bed frame has actually broken through the material. We are neither large people, nor do we have children in the home. We are very low-impact, and take excellent care of our home. This floor is not designed to hold up AT ALL. It is super soft, highly porous, and impossible to keep clean. EVERYTHING left marks, stains, etc. Also, where we had rugs is the only normal color left on the floor. The floor has faded so significantly in 2 1/2 years that it is also heavily discolored just from fading.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Feb, 2012 by   Far West 0 Votes
I agree. Our new Marmoleum sheet flooring was installed in our kitchen, family room and laundry room just 6 months ago. It has been nightmare to maintain. Scuffs, scratches, divots appeared almost immediately. We want it gone! We can't wax it properly, which we felt compelled to do to hopefuilly prevent more scratches. We can't clean it properly. It looks cheap in our home. We are very, very sorry we made this choice for flooring.

WFTV Todd Ulrich Online Job Investigation