logo

StreetDeal.sg
Premium Membership SCAM
2. (0 mins ago)
Yupptv.com
Next month charges before current month membership expiration
3. (5 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize
4. (12 mins ago)
Want a result

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Marlboro Cigarettes, Janesville, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Burning of cigarettes

Marlboro Contacts & Informations

Marlboro Cigarettes

Posted:    nick schwab

Burning of cigarettes

Marlboro Cigarettes
Janesville, Wisconsin
Phone: 608-757-0984
I bought 2 packs of marlboro cigarettes and when i smoked them they would either stop burning and go out or the cherry of the cigarette would fall off. Ive been smoking for a while and if this keeps happening i will end up changing brands.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2009 by   randy foster 0 Votes
WE NEED INFO, BECAUSE YOU GUYS SUCK. ALL OF YOURE LOYAL SMOKERS ARE PISSED OFF.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   randy foster 0 Votes
ARE YOU GUYS SELLING OUT TO GOVERNMENT PREASURE?
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   SpaceAce 0 Votes
I've been noticing these thngs as well-- My Marlboros are sucking at 55 a carton. I like smoking and really wasn't considering quitting, but I have to agree-- these new butts are terrible.
The guy who said his cherry fell off while he was driving is absolutely right, it's a driving hazard, but trust me, they won't change back, , , , they'll ban smoking while driving if people have accidents because of this. We have no rights in this country anymore except this...freedom of speech. I cringe whenever I hear this excuse for an accident. My Mom was rear ended several years ago by some chick who lost her cig while driving and plowed into several cars at a light...please smokers, if this should happen to you-- don't use that excuse, I would be embarrassed to tell that to the cop writing up the report, especially as much bad press as smokers get. I really feel like people hate us, but I don't care because ...like Kevin Dubrow and Quiet Riot said..."hope it annoys you"
As far as health risks...yes-- we can all read and are aware of the risks-somethings going to get you, might as well enjoy whatever it is you enjoy-- you only live once. And if we choose to die smoking, that's our business.
What gets me are these taxes...especially when the butts are really taking the pleasure out of smoking-- and I call it the government trying to make you quit..and I hate being told what to do...it makes me want to smoke more, even though it's expensive as hell now...and not tasting as good...makes the price of weed seem like a real bargain, though)
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Tired_of_Stupid 0 Votes
Why don't you just shoot yourselves in the head? That's a much faster suicide.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   SpaceAce 0 Votes
hey mr tired of stupid...why do you read stuff that obviously doesn't pertain to you.

that's pretty stupid...true to your name
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   smartgirl325 0 Votes
The paper in my opinon may be EArth Friendly besides the tobacco which is way to Harmful for us to Breath when lit your best Bet Is to quit you aren't drinking while your smoking are ya? Anyways thought maybe these ciggerettes where there for people who fall asleep while smoking that way they don't set themselfs on fire when there asleep. Thats just to bad I feel for you really! Good luck !
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   mrpelaez67 0 Votes
I've been smoking Marlboro reds since I was 14, Yes a minor, a kid... who better to know a drastic change in a product than someone who has been smoking the same cigs for 30 years? The paper may have been changed, but the tobacco is not the same flavorful even burning tobacco that we had before, it smells bad, tastes bad, leaves a disgusting aftertaste, and burns terribly!!! Don't lie to your loyal consumers, we keep smoking Marlboro because we enjoy it... I understand that all the lawsuits have drained the Phillip Morris Corp. Of billions, but not everyone has sued you, why should everyone suffer your losses? Obviously you have changed the integrity of your product for monetary reasons, We the smokers demand the same QUALITY of Marlboro brand, or as you have seen in many complaints you will lose us to other brands... Not a wise move Phillip Morris, hear us or lose us!
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   who ruined my cigs 0 Votes
I was wondering why my cigarette kept going out. They taste different and I have been coughing a lot and I never did before. I think they have really messed up the cigarettes to try to make us quit. With the price of cigarettes, we should atleast get a quality product. I pay extra for Marlboros because I like them, but not anymore, they are horrible.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   LegalizeMarijuana1968 0 Votes
This is part of theconspiracy to get everyone to stop smoking!! I' very surprised that the tobacco companies have gone ahead with this ridiculour idea. They too will be looking for our bail out money when they can't sell their product any longer. I smoke Winston and have the same problem...cigarettes go out unless you continue to puff on them. It's very frustrating, and when you try to relight them they drop hot ashes all over your clothes and onto the floor...talk about dangerous!!

I have to agree with the "weed" comment. Let's just legalize pot already. It's a great tax base and would allow the US to get out of its recession/depression...in more than one way :-> Maybe that's what they have up their sleeve? After all the tobacco companies have been growing weed since the 1960's...
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   Shar50 0 Votes
I too have been having head aches and now know why. My husband said he can't smoke them, they make his throat swell and chokes him. Time to pick up that Chantix prescription. This is bull! I wonder if they are changing rolling papers too. I might try rolling my own. Also agree, if I am going to smoke, might as well smoke weed. I believe it isn't nearly as bad for me as the crap they are now putting in cigarettes.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   Prdrmami68 0 Votes
OMG!!! I've been wondering what has been happening to my marlboro light cigarettes too!!! I started noticing either buring past the middle of the filter, or the cherry just falling off, and then it turning off all together... the taste is disgusting and since it keeps shuting off, i find myself inhaling deeper so that it doesn't turn off. What the hells is happening? I called the florida quit line and they sent me patches because feel like quitting... but I still havent opened the box of patches. I even tried a Newport menthol and that brand made me dizzy and nauseus. This is awful. I'm either switching brands or quiting altogether. Yuk! I'm sending a letter to Marlboro!
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   fl12345 0 Votes
Wow, I found this web sight by searching the internet because I have noticed the same thing but just recently. Keeps going out and the cherry falls off. I knew something was wrong and these complaints convinced me that I am not crazy. I thought that I got a bad batch or something but the last few cartons were the same.
 22nd of May, 2010 by   AnthonBerg 0 Votes
This are FSC cigarettes, the USA gov approves the low which require the tobacco industry to use fire-retardant paper in all cigarettes to make them self-extinguish...bullshit inventyed by anti-smokers. Some consumers claim they have found a noticeable difference in the taste of FSC cigarettes from non-FSC cigarettes, comparing it to a copper or metallic taste. Other symptoms reported include an itchy rash, (allergic reaction), severe headache, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores, and nose bleeds. I was scared to death than i found this information, for along time I am smoking cigarettes from manufactured in East Europe, I got them online from 2000.cigs fortunately their tobacco manufacturers produce non-fsc cigarettes, they are cheap, they are tasty.
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   remember the good ole days 0 Votes
Fireproff my butt, they are a fire hazard, I have burnt my legs while sitting at my computer as well as in lawn chairs, and a cherry falls off, burnt my bedspread, carpeting, floors, you just never know when it is going to fall off and that is fireproof? One fell off in my laundry basket, I had a plastic bag on the bottom a small fire but this is assinnine. You know getting burns yourself from a cigarette is not a good feeling.You got it roll your own and get caught with a paraphenalia charge from some stupid cop. amazing, someone should sue them, I am sure I am not the only one who got burns on my legs from falling cherries in the middle of a cigarette.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   MrSmoker 0 Votes
I live in the state of New Hampshire. Only in the past year did the cigarettes here start to taste really bad or lack in taste. It's horrible! I've bought some packs with FSC on the label that tasted like they should, but the more recent ones either had NO taste at all or they're horrible. They stop burning, the cherry (lit end) falls off, I'll cough like a manic, and the phlegm in the morning would be terrible. I'd also have these large, hard-like booger things grow in the back of my throat that would choke me. After I dropped the Marlboro brand these symptoms all stopped. I have been smoking for many years, and while I realize it is NOT a healthy habit, even I know that the changes in these FSC cigarettes are causing these symptoms. Non-smokers can say whatever they want and claim that these symptoms are just from years of smoking (this is what the Government wanted to happen anyway), but I know better. I've had a physical and everything checked out fine. Nothing is WRONG with me, and my doctor knows I smoke. So stuff that in your pipes and smoke it, non-smokers.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   ccochran28 0 Votes
1) Not all brands are fire safe (Camels and Marlboro are)
2) It's not the paper its "saftey rings" Doubled up sections of paper like rings about every 1/4inch that act like a speed bump and burn them out if left unattended.
3) The test they use to prove if a Cig is firesafe is flawed and doesn't work. The lay the Cig flat on paper and if at least 75% of 40 cigs tested burn out it passes.
4) You can walk and talk and 75% will burn themselves out but if you leave one unattended (NOT LAYING ON PAPER) it will burn to the filter.

Note the photo - the dark ring is the "saftey paper"...didn't even slow it down and burnt to the filter.
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   tlnjr 0 Votes
i got a cartoon of cigaretts and half of them were broken
 15th of Aug, 2012 by   John2.0 +1 Votes
Нes such sometimes happens. At me last year was approximately also

Great Jobs Without a College Degree