logo

Posted:    coreyworld2

Laminate Floors

Mannington Floors
Ohio
These are the worst possible laminate floors to buy. Within 6 months of professional installation in our home, they are already bubbling at the seems. Their warranty, which reads that they are under warranty for 25 years "under normal household conditions", is worthless, as they won't honor it. We have taken excellent care of our floors but they will not replace the damaged planks. We will never buy Mannington floors again, not only because they don't honor their warranty but also because their product is worthless.
Comments United States Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Aug, 2010 by   Ultimateace 0 Votes
coreyworld2

Who did you contact about your floors? the retailer or the distributor? the distributor will most times have an inspector come out and perform an inspection. It may not be a poor quality of floor, rather a bad installation.
What areas are you having trouble (ie bathroom, kitchen, living room).
 6th of Aug, 2011 by   Barb W 0 Votes
Last Friday I had a Mannington laminate floor installed in my son's bedroom and in a small hallway. As his bedroom set was not coming until today, we placed his mattress on the floor. Today when we lifted the mattress to make room for his new furniture, we noticed a very large scratch thru the top of the laminate. They was no evidence of anything sharp under the mattress that could have done this. I went to the store where it was purchased who said I must call Mannington. Mannington said I have to send them 2 full planks, at my expense, so they can test it but the representative said they do not warrenty scratches.
I have had a Wilsonart floor in my kitchen, dining & family rooms for the past 14 years. My kids rollerbladed acrossed it. I move big bulky furniture acrossed it all the time. It has never scratched. Clearly all laminate floors are not created equally. Fortunately the charge payment has not gone thru yet and after I submit rtrhis I am going to submit a dispute.
I too will NEVER purchase a Mannington product again.
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   MMMike 0 Votes
We began having trouble with our Mannington Laminate floor within a couple of months of installation. It was not mistreated in any way. We cleaned it with a swifter, and there were no spills. As soon as the weather became humid, the edges of the planks started swelling, some in the corners, some in the short side, less on the long sides. The room does not have a water leak, we do not live by the water. We are in the process of trying to get Mannington to honor their warranty and have met with a denial. My retailer who installed the product is trying to work with us but is similarly frustrated with Mannington's response. I will be pursuing this further and would love to hear from anyone who has had success dealing with Mannington.
 7th of Mar, 2013 by   Levitan 0 Votes
OUR MANNINGTON LAMINATE FLOOR IS LESS THAN A YEAR OLD. IT IS PUCKERING AT THE SEAMS IN THREE PLACES, OUR DOG VOMITED VERY SMALL PUDDLES ON TWO DIFFERENT NIGHTS WHILE WE SLEPT. WE CLEANED IT UP IMMEDIATELY BOTH TIMES, BUT IT WAS WATERY AND RAN ALONG THE BUTT SEAMS AND LONG SEAMS BOTH TIMES. IT RESULTED IN UGLY WARPING OF THE TOP LAMINATE LAYERS. THE THIRD SPOT IS UNDER THE FRONT OF THE DISHWASHER. EVEN THOUGH THE HOUSE IS NEW AND HAS TOP OF THE LINE APPLIANCES, EVIDENTLY AN IMPERCEPTABLE AMOUNT OF STEAM ESCAPES AND TOUCHES THE FLOOR WHEN YOU OPEN A HOT DISHWASHER. IT CAUSES PUCKERING TO MANNINGTON FLOORS.

MANNINGTON DENIES ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND LOST THE TWO SAMPLE BOARDS WE WENT TO THE TROUBLE OF SENDING THEM WHEN THEY ASKED FOR THEM. THEIR WARRANTY SPECIFICALLY ONLY DENIES RESPONSIBILITY IN THE CASE OF PET URINE. THAT IS THE ONLY MENTION IN THE WARRANTY OF PET DAMAGE.

IT'S NOW BEEN FIVE MONTHS SINCE WE'VE BEEN IN CONSTANT TOUCH WITH THEM. ALL TO NO AVAIL AND NO COOPERATION, EVEN THOUGH THEIR TELLEPHONE ANSWERING MESSAGE RAVES ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND COOPERATION. WE ARE GOING TO SUE. THEIR FLOOR IS THE ONLY FAULT AND PROBLEM WE'VE HAD IN THIS LOVELY NEW HOME.
 18th of Oct, 2013 by   klcrawford 0 Votes
We had Mannington flooring placed a couple of years ago. Had I know it was so sensitive to pet issues I would have gone hardwoods. We also experienced lifting of the top layers at the seems when a portable space heater was used last winter. We are empty nesters and are not hard on the floors. Thought we made a good choice paying the extra price for a high grade laminate.
 19th of Mar, 2014 by   Sophie Klier 0 Votes
i purchased a wood floor, california oak...i have had problems from day one...14 years later I am still having problems and cannot replace some planks as it has been discontinued. is there something that has replaced this color...or am i stuck and may have to replace the floor...
 5th of Jul, 2014 by   Topekan 0 Votes
I have had exactly the same experience that the rest of these people had. I will never buy a Mannington product again. Some planks began bubbling, lifting and peeling about a year after purchase. These were from their Collections line. The flooring store was kind enough to purchase 2 replacement boxes of planks for me because Mannington insisted they were not at fault. However far more than this will be needed to make the problem right as more planks are disintegrating every day. I, also, do not have a water problem. What an expensive mistake to have selected this inferior product!
 10th of Jul, 2014 by   Bill Spra 0 Votes
We purchased our flooring from Home Depot. We used the company that Home Depot uses to install our new flooring. These installers were very nice and considerate and seemed to know what they were doing.

Our job took approx. 13 boxes of flooring to complete. When the first shipment came to Home Depot it was sent back, WHY??? Because the boxes were damaged along with the product. Many of the boxes that were damaged were damaged on the corners, the product was also chipped on the edges where the box wasn't damaged so, it tells me that it was shipped that way. No you couldn't get a perfect connection with broken down edges. So, they sent another round of flooring. Again, damaged, so more were sent, we had to pick and choose what was junk and what was usable.

The way it was packaged, indicated that the product was damaged before shipping not by the shipper.

We went through at least 25 boxes just to get the floor covered. THEN, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

We have corners popping up and our chairs don't slide across the floor with-out getting caught on a corner.

We complained to HD about it. They sent out the original installer and later another installer, both MENTIONED IT HAS ISSUES, , , , Such as, different thickness of material and this is why it's doing what it's doing.

We complained again... Donna Gaunt of MANNINGTON CUSTOMER CARE
75 Mannington Road - Salem, NJ 08087 P# 1-800356-6787 WROTE AND SAID...

After looking at the samples, , , , , , "Based upon the information provided, the condition of the flooring is not covered under DuPont's warranty".

Many of the flooring pieces are ok, MANY ARE NOT OK. THEY COME APART. They should send someone to look first hand instead of looking at two pieces we and HD sent them.

When two different installers look at the same floor and they both come up with the same answer it's obvious there is a material issue and Mannington refusses to follow through with what they claim.
 15th of Aug, 2014 by   jimbo 1412 0 Votes
I also agree this is the worst floor hard to install and now they are buckling where they go end to end I'm still waiting on their decision on warranty I'm sure I'm out $1000!!!
 25th of Sep, 2014 by   Joanne Daly 0 Votes
I bought Mannington vinyl flooring six years ago and had it professionally installed. My floor now is bubbling and the top layer is lifting and coming off. It looks absolutely horrible.
I called Mannington and they gave me a claim number. I was then instructed to send a 12 x 12 inch piece, plus a copy of my contr and payment. After several phone conversations, I was told the floor defect isn't covered under warranty. They basically said it was "our fault". We are senior citizens, no children or pets. Basically, the warranty doesn't cover normal use. I would never buy or recommend this company to anyone!!
 6th of Oct, 2014 by   Brant Burns 0 Votes
My floor is only 2 years old and I am having the exact same issue. When it was laid there was a major over spray issue so we contact them on how to clean it. We followed what they said and now they are saying that if we sprayed the Windex direction on the floor and not to a cloth first that we damaged it. The have used every excuse to get out of their 25 year warranty. We take excellent care of our floor and clean up and spill immediately. I would suggest to anyone to never buy a Mannington Floor, ever. I am now left with a $4000 nightmare in my home. Stay as far away from mannington floors as you can.
 7th of Nov, 2014 by   duganL 0 Votes
I agree with ALL of the above comments. Mannington Adura is just old fashion linoleum that is very expensive. It never lays flat, pulls up on edges, always looks dirty even after cleaning, too soft for furniture, bumps and dimples are obvious. I spent $12K for entire house and I feel violated by Mannington. And never a word from the salesman about these kind of problems. I do everything I can to spread the word about this company and their deficient product. BUYER BEWARE

4 Cheap Mosquito Repellants