Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Nothing but problems

MagSelect
Tampa, Florida
magselect.com
Purchased through florida elementary school fundraiser. Voucher states "for faster service, activate your subscription at www. Magselect.com" and "for faster service redeem online at www. Magselect.com". Three (3) people using four (4) different computers tried several times to activate at url and have always received message that they cannot deliver outside the us. However, we are receiving in the us and less than 100 miles from their tampa address. Called company after thirty (30) minutes on hold was was verbally berrated by a rude customer service representative who eventually told me i had to physically send in the voucher instead of online activation. She acted like i was stupid because i didn't already know that. I explained what the voucher said. She must have found me humorous because she laughed. Have yet to receive magazine ordered (30 days later) .
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Magselect complaints

Corona
California
Phone: 951 582 0744
MAGSELECT.COM

This company was involved in a school fund raiser selling magazines, they advertize an assortment of magazines, but when you receive the form to start your subscription only certain magazines are available.
 11th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree, the whole selection of magazines were not available- will not participate in this fundraiser again.
 12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too had a child sell these at school and when I recieved the voucher, the magazine I originally wanted was not even available and I really did not like any of the choices available. I now see where others have complained with the same thing and have also complained about never recieving the magazines period, so we will see!! This WILL be my last purchase of the vouchers and I am going to contact the school and share with them the online complaints as well.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I signed up for a magazine with a neighbor child and hInstead of buying a $15.oo bag of popcorn I purchased a magazine.I had a selection of about 30- 40 magazines.I found one I wanted.When I received my pre-paid form I had 12 magazines to choose from.I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE MAGAZINES!! This was a total misrepresentation!Stop the rip off.Do not purchase these products from the children. In Wisconsin we have very high property taxes to pay for our schools.Why do we need the children to fund raise anyway? Just pass on it..the parents understand it's a rip off so dont worry about hurt feelings. is school fund raiser.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I also purchased the subscription from a school child. When I received the voucher for the magazine I tried order online through the website they provided with no luck. I think this is a rip off and something should be done about it.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with everyone, about the magazine. i bought from a student, and I had the same issue with only a certain number of magazines. not the magazines that were advertised when you paid the student. Indeed a rip off!
 24th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just called them and they are not taking calls. Has anyone reported them to the Better Bussiness Bureau?
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am definately turning this into the school PTA. What a rip off. It is bad enough that they are having little 5 year olds becoming hustlers, but to hustle a bad product on top of it is unbelievable.
 4th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Darlene Piipke had order two (2) magazines from my daughters' fundraiser from the middle school in Willmar, MN she finally recieved one (1) of them today, my only complaint is that I put her address down ad 1501-8th St.SW Apt8 Willmar, MN there was a whole different address on her magazine that she recieved today, please make sure that you put the right address down for her next subscription.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I purchased a magazine from my granddaughter's school fundraiser and could not activate the magazine on line. I followed the directions with no luck, it definitely isn't faster service as the voucher stated. I'm going to send it in instead.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I paid 30.00 For a fund Raiser for my granddaughter. I never received the Martha Stewart Home Living magazines
Tried to activate order on-line and it's been two moths and still no mail. This turned out to be a scam!
 6th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Magselect.com cares very much about providing excellent service to all our customers. To help you complete your order we’d like to offer some helpful facts for easily redeeming your vouchers.

• You should receive your first issue in 4-8 weeks.
• If you do not receive your first issue or if you have questions about the subscription, please
contact us at magazinesupport@customersvc.com or 1-888-221-4130
• Magazine selection may vary depending on the value of the voucher you purchased.

26th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
Ordered through a school fundraiser and tried to activate on-line but was unable to. What a joke. Will try and send voucher in and see what happens.
 6th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes

Magselect - Magazine order / never recieved
Magselect
1419 tamarack ave.n.w.
Grand Rapids
Michigan
Phone: 616-454-8245

I wrote a check for all magazine - 15 issues. This was through a school fund raiser. The check was written sept. 29th. 2012. It was cashed in oct. , can't make out the date. The school was west michigan academy of environmental science in grand rapids, mi.
I have not recieved any issues. This is not honest of this company. The kids go out to raise money for their schools through what they think is an honest company. The customers suffer because they do not get what they paid for. From reading the comments on this company, they sound far from reliable. Please send me my subscription, it is paid for. Now deliver!!!
Kris morrow
 6th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Your contract is with both the School as agent and the distributor. Enforce your contract
 30th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
Magselect's response would have been useful if it had included a description of where to enter the 10 digit code. The only search bar on the website is for magazine titles, so I will be mailing mine in.
 30th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
Correction: I was suckered by a www.magselection.com website that was higher in the queue than www.magselect.com. My apologies.
 23rd of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
The instruction says: Enter the 10 digit Online Redemption Code. OK, Enter WHERE?
I've been looking at the homepage for 5 minutes now and I couldn't find out where to
enter the code. Send in the voucher? I don't trust them. I'll take the voucher back to the
school and make sure nobody is going to order anymore mags from magselect in the
future.