logo

Ryland Homes
Poor service and product
4. (7 mins ago)
assurant special property insurance
no service only lip service
5. (8 mins ago)

Nothing but PROBLEMS

MagSelect
Tampa, Florida
magselect.com
Purchased through Florida elementary school fundraiser. Voucher states "For faster service, activate your subscription at www.magselect.com" and "For faster service redeem online at www.magselect.com". Three (3) people using four (4) different computers tried several times to activate at url and have always received message that they cannot deliver outside the US. However, we are receiving IN the US and less than 100 miles from their Tampa address. Called company after thirty (30) minutes on hold was was verbally berrated by a rude customer service representative who eventually told me I had to physically send in the voucher instead of online activation. She acted like I was stupid because I didn't already know that. I explained what the voucher said. She must have found me humorous because she laughed. Have yet to receive magazine ordered (30 days later).
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2010 by   Jean Greene 0 Votes
Darlene Piipke had order two (2) magazines from my daughters' fundraiser from the middle school in Willmar, MN she finally recieved one (1) of them today, my only complaint is that I put her address down ad 1501-8th St.SW Apt8 Willmar, MN there was a whole different address on her magazine that she recieved today, please make sure that you put the right address down for her next subscription.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   Anne Stemp 0 Votes
I purchased a magazine from my granddaughter's school fundraiser and could not activate the magazine on line. I followed the directions with no luck, it definitely isn't faster service as the voucher stated. I'm going to send it in instead.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Susie m 0 Votes
I paid 30.00 For a fund Raiser for my granddaughter. I never received the Martha Stewart Home Living magazines
Tried to activate order on-line and it's been two moths and still no mail. This turned out to be a scam!
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   MagSelect 0 Votes
Magselect.com cares very much about providing excellent service to all our customers. To help you complete your order we’d like to offer some helpful facts for easily redeeming your vouchers.

• Make sure you are visiting the correct website – www.magselect.com
• Enter the 10 digit On-line Redemption Code
• Enter your magazine selection(s)
• Enter your name/address
• If a gift, please enter the Giftee’s name/address in the appropriate field
• Confirm and submit your order.
• You should receive your first issue in 4-8 weeks.
• If you do not receive your first issue or if you have questions about the subscription, please
contact us at magazinesupport@customersvc.com or 1-888-221-4130
• Magazine selection may vary depending on the value of the voucher you purchased.
 26th of Oct, 2012 by   rosemarie sicchitano 0 Votes
Ordered through a school fundraiser and tried to activate on-line but was unable to. What a joke. Will try and send voucher in and see what happens.
 30th of Oct, 2013 by   Boodicca 0 Votes
Magselect's response would have been useful if it had included a description of where to enter the 10 digit code. The only search bar on the website is for magazine titles, so I will be mailing mine in.
 30th of Oct, 2013 by   Boodicca 0 Votes
Correction: I was suckered by a www.magselection.com website that was higher in the queue than www.magselect.com. My apologies.
 23rd of Nov, 2013 by   snguyen4 0 Votes
The instruction says: Enter the 10 digit Online Redemption Code. OK, Enter WHERE?
I've been looking at the homepage for 5 minutes now and I couldn't find out where to
enter the code. Send in the voucher? I don't trust them. I'll take the voucher back to the
school and make sure nobody is going to order anymore mags from magselect in the
future.
 26th of Nov, 2013 by   ConnieB321 0 Votes
My only "complaint" is the very small selection of magazines. Had it been explained to me that I could not combine vouchers, I would not have bought 5 - $10 vouchers. I just made the assumption that if I wanted to spend more than one at a time that I could, to have more selections, more expensive magazines, etc...
 21st of Dec, 2013 by   ladumond 0 Votes
I used the 'website' provided by magselect in their response shown above (I copied & pasted it). It took me right to their home page with a box for the activation code very prominent toward the top. I entered the activation code. It then allowed me to choose the magazine that I wanted (yes, I wish there was more to select from, but I found something that I liked). Then I answered a few questions about mailing as well as a few survey type questions. It appears that they either listened to their 'critics' or the prior reviewers weren't getting to the correct website. I know this because when I tried getting there from Google & Bing, it took me to weird web pages which didn't resemble the actual website for magselect at all. I would suggest that anyone wanting to get to the correct website, copy & paste what the company has listed above & go from there. I'm hoping to get my new magazine within 6-8 weeks - which, by the way, is a normal response time for getting a new subscription.
 25th of Jan, 2014 by   DOODLES411 +1 Votes
I DON'T THINK THE DIRECTIONS ARE CLEAR ENOUGH. FIRST OF ALL THERE IS A COMPETING COMPANY THAT FOOLS YOU. YOU MUST FIRST CLIKCK ON MAGSELECT.COM AND THEN GO TO THE ONE THAT SAY DEFACE THE OVERLAY. AND IT WILL TAKE YOU RIGHT THERE. THE DEFACE OVERLAY IS FIRST LISTING ON MY COMPUTER. THE OTHER MAGAZINE COMPANY IS GIVING THIS COMPANY A BAD WRAP. SURE HOPES THIS HELPS YOU.
 25th of Jan, 2014 by   DOODLES411 0 Votes
I DON'T THINK THE DIRECTIONS ARE CLEAR ENOUGH. FIRST OF ALL THERE IS A COMPETING COMPANY THAT FOOLS YOU. YOU MUST FIRST CLICK ON MAGSELECT.COM AND THEN GO TO THE ONE THAT SAY DEFACE THE OVERLAY. AND IT WILL TAKE YOU RIGHT THERE. THE DEFACE OVERLAY IS FIRST LISTING ON MY COMPUTER. THE OTHER MAGAZINE COMPANY IS GIVING THIS COMPANY A BAD WRAP. SURE HOPES THIS HELPS YOU.

Stop Wasting Food Money