logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (48 mins ago)
Excelsior College CPNE
CPNE failure is rediculously easy.
2. (57 mins ago)
Web 7 Design
Scam
3. (1 hr 6 mins ago)
Lone Star Security & Video
Unsavory business practices
4. (1 hr 8 mins ago)
Tussa Hatton
The agent charged me and didn’t provide any services
5. (1 hr 12 mins ago)
Brilliance.com
Don't even think about buying from them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Luminess Airbrush Complaints & Reviews - Don’t buy it – it’s a scam

Luminess Airbrush Contacts & Informations

Luminess Airbrush

Posted:    Valerie

Don’t buy it – it’s a scam

Luminess Airbrush
luminessair.com
This company is a rip-off. Tried to send back the luminess airbrush before the end of the 30 day trial, they refused it and sent it back. When I called them to find out why they said it didn't matter since it was now past the 30 days. They have continued to try to make debits on my credit card and threaten collections. The phone number at collections does not actually connect you with anyone and the customer service line does not work (get a not valid number recording).

It's not worth the money and definitely not worth the hassle, they just want to scam you out of your money.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Sep, 2008 by   Veronica 0 Votes
I ordered the Luminess Air Machine in the month of July and paid for the "Pro System" that was advertised on television. I called the 800 hundred number to order larger bottles of the make-up or more small bottlesand the order was placed on my credit card. As of yet, I have not received my products from Luminess Air. The customer service operator stated that it would take 7 to 10weeks for my products. That was in July, it is now September going on October and to no avail no products are in my procession!
I would love to have my products since I paid the high cost of the machine.
Thanks, Veronica
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   Aurora castillo 0 Votes
I think its really true cause its been happening to my account. They charge me last 7/7 for $62.90 shipping and handling. Then 8/1 29.95, 8/18 49.98, 9/2 $29.95 9/22 49.98 9//30 $29.95 pending $49.98. can you imagine how much and how often you charge me people. I will get to the bottom of these and no one will get away from it. I been calling for so many days but no body wants to answer the phone. I just tried it by gosh look how much you people charge me. Maybe I have to return it since you people are not available to talk to after you been charging me. Customer number service cant even contact them. And please dont send me anything cause I dont want to be endebted to your company. I have family to take care and feed. So please quit charging me thats too much already. I can send everything back. and send my money back.
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   Carol Nowak 0 Votes
The problem I had was getting them to give me an RA number to return the product, they act like you have to have a packing slip in order to return the item and they don't won't to look up your information manually. I had to get a manager on the line to get them to look it up and I have to follow the instructions very specific or if anything is missing out of the kit they will charge you. The RA number has to be in big letters on the Box and a letter inside the box with all this info on it. It took me days before I could even get an RA number without a packing list. It was a horrible experience I have never had this much trouble trying to return a product. They did not want to give me my information and it is a rip off. The air brush is nothing like they advertise and I was very dissappointed in the product and the service. What a rip off.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Cynthia M Vega +1 Votes
This company is a rip off. Do not buy the product. You wold not be able to talk with customer service and when you do and get finally the RA # to return the product they keep charging you with your credit card number so I had to cancel my card. It does not work like they show you on the TV. The same day I talk with customer service and got the RA # and send it by priority mail they charge me again $29.95, now I have to see how I can get all my money back.
Some one has to do something to get this people out of the TV and make them pay all the money they get by selling a bad product.
I recomend to all the people that they keep charging you to cancel your credit card number so they have to stop.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   Yvonne +1 Votes
I was also ripped off by them. Even though I repeatedly refused participating in any discount programs, I found charges on my credit card for them after all! I filed a complaint with BBB against them. Now I am trying to return their product because I want nothing to do with them, and they are refusing. I am on the phone with them right now getting bounced from one person to another and all I hear is "no ma'm we can't take the product back".

don't buy from them. ever.
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   Heather at Luminess Air -1 Votes
Call Customer Care with your Concerns, 877-749-5777, At Luminess Air we are here for you!

Luminess Air cares about it customers and prides itself for providing excellent customer service. At the time a customer places their order we offer two different payment options for our customers, and would never make any unethical or unlawful charges to a customers account. Customers may choose to make payments on their airbrush systems, or pay the balance in full. Whichever the customer authorizes is the payment method that our company withdraws. If the customer chooses to pay in full their account is either charged $229.90 or $309.95 depending on the Luminess Air Airbrush model that they ordered. The multipayment plan is $29.95 with four monthly payments to pay off the remaining balance. Furthermore, the Luminess Air Team is here to work with our customers on their payment plans, and can even reschedule payment dates or create smaller payment and extended plans to work around the needs of our customers. In addition every customer has 30 days to return their order if it does not meet their satisifaction, no questions asked! To easliy identify a return a return authorization number is issued. Without a return authorization number we do not know to whom to refund for a returned product, as the product is not identified. For this reason an unathorized return may be issued a 25% restocking fee per the terms and conditions agreed to at the time purchase; as unidentified returns undergo a different and lengthly process to identify the owner of the return. After receipt of an authorized return the purchase price paid by the customer is refunded to the account on file within 14 business days, and we do refund every return that we receive. If you have returned a product to us, and have not received your refund call my customer care department and provided them with the tacking number issued to your return so that we may refund your account. Our only intention here at Luminess Air is to make every woman feel beaufitul, and if we did not do that for you call to return it wihin the 30 day trial, in addition to the trial every airbrush system order comes with a standard 1 year warranty! Futhermore, the customer is told when placing their order that if for any reason they choose to cancel or return the order to call the customer care department. Our customer care department may be reached Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm CST toll free at 877-749-5777, please call with any questions or concerns that you may have. At Luminess Air we will do everything that we can to ensure that each and every customer is well taken care of.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   BLONDE55 0 Votes
I ordered the luminess air with the understanding that if I did not like it that I could simply return it at no cost other than maybe shipping. They advertise about a MONEY BACK GAURANTEE !!! WHAT A JOKE. WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU UP FRONT, IS THAT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR USING THE MACHINE (A RENTAL FEE) THEY DO ADVERTISE IN SMALL PRINT ABOUT THIS, BUT ARE NOT UP FRONT WHEN YOU ORDER. VERY VERY WRONG AND A RIP OFF IN MY OPINION. WOULD NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. IT HAS COST ME $60.00 OR SO TO SIMPLY USE THE MACHINE FOR ONE WEEK. THE GIRL THAT I ORDERED FROM WAS VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND SHE ORDERED THE SATIN MAKE-UP FOR ME ..PERHAPS THE MATTE MIGHT HAVE BEENBETTER ON MY SKIN. I DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY THE MAKE-UP FELT ON MY SKIN...STICKY AND NOT ENOUGH COVERAGE FOR ME. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT JUST DENY THEY DID ANYTHING WRONG AND IT'S MY PROBLEM.
BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO MAKE IT RIGHT WITH ME. BUYER BEWARE!!!
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   zeni1 0 Votes
Am totaly dissappointed with Luminess Airbrush, Order it, didn't like it, So I tried to get a ra# couldn't get anyone on line and if I did I couldn't understand what they were saying. Finally I went to the BBB in Texas and spoke with a very nice person, She told me that Luminess Air had lot's of complaint against them, If any one wants to get in touch with them here's the phone number where you can call a get a ra# 1-713-5322408 or e-mail at Alana@Luminessair.com. I can't believe all the problems you have cause so many customers, who thougth they could believe in your product. I hope they take you off the air @ the Internet, because this ia a SCAM!!!
 23rd of May, 2012 by   LuminessAir 0 Votes
We would love to hear from each of you as our amazing customer service department will gladly take care of you! Simply give us a call at 1-888-793-7474 M-F 8:30-5:30 CST or send us an email to luminess@luminessair.com. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely,
Luminess Air Team
 12th of Dec, 2013 by   Julia Salazar 0 Votes
Another ripped off. I ordered the make up system and unfortunately did not work on my skin. I have very oily skin and the make up did not hold up and became like a paste on my skin. I wanted to return it but I was over the 30 days trial and noticed charges on my credit card, I called them and they only waived two payments out of the 5 payments for $69.99 that i was not aware off, plus a club membership for $34.06. I can not return it and I already payed $216.05 for something that I will not use and still have one more payment of $69.99 for keeping the system. I have not received the second set, but I will return it to get my $34.06 back. In all I spent $250 dollars for this make up system. Be aware that it does not work on oily skin, dont buy it if you do.

5 Easy Ways to Save $1,000