logo

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating

Lexington Law
lexingtonlaw.com
I was going to use Lexingon Law Firm to help me get out of debt and to help my credit rating well i paid them for my credit reports and they told me how much i had to give them a month for services and that they needed my visa card and like a dummie i gave it to them but they told me that they wouldn't take any money out till i gave them permission when i went to check my balance out for i needed to pay for my medicine i only had a few dollars left in my account. I was very fortune that i don't keep a lot of money in my husbands card so they only got 68.95 but they had been trying to get more out on different days but like i said i don't keep much money in our card i called them and asked them to but my money back and they said i had to pay for their services and i said you hadn't done anything for i hadn't even gotten my credit reports back till 3 days ago and so they hadn't even sent anything to my debtors and they said they couldn't do anything about the money so i told them i know longer needed their services and i told them i was going to report them and they said fine.

Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Sep, 2008 by   David -1 Votes
Obviously there was a misunderstanding here. Lexington Law does not provide services designed to help clients get out of debt. They only provide credit repair services that once successfully performed, may give customers the opportunity to refinance their existing loans or get approved for a new loan that they could use to consolidate their debts.

If Lexington Law collected any payments, it was because they had provided the services described in the contract agreed upon at the time the account was created. The credit reports that were just received were most likely the credit bureaus' response to the first round of disputes.
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Fm +1 Votes
LEXINGTON LAW, IN MY OPINION, IS WORTHLESS. I WAS WITH THEM FOR 2 YEARS, PAID EVERY MONTH, SENT IN MY REPORTS TO THEM CONSTANTLY, EVEN DID TONS OF WORK FOR THEM TO ASSIST IN INCREASING MY SCORE. I GAVE THEM ACCESS TO MY REPORTS ON LINE WITH USERNAME AND PASSWORD. I DILIGENTLY PAID MY BILLS WHILE WITH THEM. MY SCORE DID NOT INCREASE AT ALL AFTER 2 YEARS WITH THEM. THE ONLY REASON MY SCORE EVER WENT UP AFTER I STOPPED PAYING THOSE WORTHLESS LOSERS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT I TOOK RESPONSIBILITY AND DID THINGS MYSELF.

I CALLED THEM TO ASK FOR A REFUND 3 SEPARATE TIMES. ON THE LAST TIME, THEY JUST CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT WHEN I DIDN'T EVEN ASK THEM TO; I ASKED THEM FOR A REFUND. ITS JUST AS WELL, I WAS TIRED OF PAYING 99.00 A MONTH FOR THEIR "CONCORDE PREMIERE" RIPOFF. THEY ROBBED ME FOR WELL OVER 2500.00. MY FEELING IS THAT THEY ARE A TOTALLY INCOMPETENT COMPANY. I HAVE STRONG REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ACCIDENTALLY DISPUTED A TRADELINE THAT I HAVE WHICH IS IN GOOD STANDING. ONE OF THE ACCOUNTS I HAD IN THE SAME CREDITORS NAME WAS DISPUTED WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT ONE WITH A CHARGEOFF. THE COMPANY WAS REALLY SHOCKED THAT "I" WAS DISPUTING THE POSITIVE TRADLINE. WHAT A JOKE.

SAVE YOUR MONEY, DO IT YOURSELF. I WOULD HAVE HAD GREAT CREDIT BY TAKING THE MONEY I PAID THOSE LOSERS AND INSTEAD, NEGOTIATED, SETTLED WITH AND PAID OFF MY CREDITORS AS I ULTIMATELY DID. NOW THE FILES HAVE BEEN DELETED ANYWAYS.

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL CLASS ACTION SUE THESE LOSERS. MY GIRLFRIEND HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THEM AFTER USING THEM FOR A YEAR. THE WORST PART OF IT IS, WHEN SHE CANCELLED, IT WAS BEFORE HER RENEWAL FOR THE NEXT MONTH. THE LOSERS WENT AHEAD AND CHARGED HER FOR THE NEXT MONTH ANYWAYS. TRUE SCUM OF THE EARTH. I STILL WANT MY REFUND. IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND I'M STILL LIVID WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT. STAY AWAY FROM THEM IS MY OPINION AND ADVICE.
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Fm -1 Votes

17th of Nov, 2008 by   George Beckhart +1 Votes
I guess you have to read the fine print; they help you increase your credit score, not erase records. I had a bankruptcy several years ago. After a few years (after the bankruptcy), I used their services for about 2 years. They did raise my credit score to a very favorable level from negligible one.

I used their services basically because I was lazy to do it myself. I paid a down payment (I think it was $99. Then a monthly fee of $34 (back then). And for me it worked.

At this time we are using them to help my wife re-build her credit. I'll see how it goes. I do not expect miracles from these companies but I use them because I dont want to do the work myself. But think about it, it may sound expensive but in is not so bad. A real lawyer would charge a fortune.

Just my comments. I am not advertising for anyone.

And I do thank all the people that posted their concerns. I will be more vigilant with their work.

Best to all.
George
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   the.truth. +1 Votes
First of all, Lexington Law does not help with debt. They help with any inaccurate items on your credit report, not just everything you want taken off that effects your score. It has to be verified with creditors as well as the credit bureaus that the item is outdated, not yours, etc. Even after you pay things off they can and will stay on your credit reports for 7 years before legally coming off. So before you sign up, make sure the items that you want removed are actually going to be verified to be taken off. Just because you didn't pay bills or paid them late doesn't mean they're going to take those off, because that's your fault. And 99.00 and 68.00 isn't anywhere in their retainer. The highest priced plan is 79.00 a month, and there is no contract. Don't accuse the company of being fraudulent if you didn't read and understand every single word of the agreement before agreeing to it.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   the.truth. 0 Votes
Also if they were fraudulent, they would charge all of the money upfront and not do any work. Instead they charge at the end of each month when the month of work has been done rather than having you pay upfront before they even dispute anything. And sorry, they do have the initial 99.00 fee when you sign up. Forgot about that one.
 18th of May, 2009 by   Sharon 0 Votes
I have just filed a complaint with my bank and the better business bureau. I got a call from Lexington after I filled out a form which they sent to me in email. I was given false information as to what I was signing up for, and had already allowed the withdrawl of $9.95 for the credit report, but when I got to the so-called paralegal, I was told that I was not given the correct information, and cancelled right there. I had to change my bank card because I don't trust them to stop taking money out of my account. TOTALLY CON ARTISTS!!! TOTALLY!!! LIARS, CHEATS, AND THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY LOST EVERYTHING. THE WORST OF THE WORST.
 18th of May, 2009 by   Sharon 0 Votes
By the way, they would not refund my $9.95 for the credit report even though I never used their services...they make out on this amount, and I am sure that a lot of people cancel right away after they find out that they have been duped, but they get to keep the money for the credit reprot anyway...NOT... I have disputed it with my bank...they are con artists, and anyone who writes otherwise on here are part of this abberant company.
 12th of May, 2010 by   Unhappy Crappy +1 Votes
I guess I am joining the bunch of unsatisfied customers... I was with them for over a year and my score went up barely. I found a local credit repair comapny in Los Angeles and they were able to get me more results in three months than Lex was in a year.

They suck!
 12th of May, 2010 by   futureBLU2010 0 Votes
@Unhappy Crappy... which company in LA did you use?
 26th of May, 2010 by   abened +1 Votes
I too have had no success with Lex Law. They easily charge for work that anyone can do. The only things I was able to resolve on my credit report I had to do myself. Completely useless. Take your money and pay off your debt then pay these guys who have made a successfull business from selling legal letter templates.
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   keepinItReal2 +1 Votes
As most of the scammers out there do, they email me me their adds every day and i have no way to stop it. Maybe if you see their adone day and they catch you at the right time of weakness you will succomb to their relentless efforts as i almost did minutes before coming to this site and Im glad i did. Does anyone know how to stop these scam internet businesses from e-mailing you to death.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   wannacomplaint? 0 Votes
LEXINGTON LAW IS AN ANNOYING SCAM

Really? I didnt sign up for this, all i wanted was to check my credit score. So I did, and now I am getting emails, because I almost did go through with their services, until I did some research. Now I am getting texts, emails and calls, even though I have told them do not call, have submitted my unsubscribe to the emails, and texted STOP to the number from Lexington Law that has still been texting me.

Then I get this email today, from a fake email address, It wont even let me email them back to tell them yet again to leave me alone.

From: "
To:
Sent: Fri, July 23, 2010 5:00:06 AM
Subject: Lexington Law Firm Retainer Confirmation

Dear,

This is Andrew Crandall from Lexington Law Firm. Thank you for retaining our firm on the phone with me yesterday.

We do need you to confirm your retainer with us by visiting the following URL:

Your telephone confirmation code is:

Once you have confirmed your order, we can begin representing you against the credit bureaus.

Sincerely,

Andrew Crandall,
1.800.838.8736 ext. 10204
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   Peggy C -1 Votes
Lexington Law is a waste of money and time. If I never received any returned letters, I never would have known how unprofessional Lexington is. Lexington sends letters on your behalf asking creditors to remove information from your report or challenges the accuracy of your report. A few of those letters came back to me since Lexington writes the letters as if I were writing the letters. The letters Lexington types are composed of 2 lines in a cursive font to mock a hand-written letter and mailed in a cheap envelope with a 44 cent stamp. I signed up for the premier service and expected more. Each time I complained that I was not seeing results, they offered to enroll me in the "pilot" program. (Not to mention, only a couple of accounts will be enrolled in this program at one time.) They send the same letters with the attorney's name at the bottom instead. I asked if this was supposedly more efficient, why they did not enroll all my negative accounts in the pilot program. They gave me a convoluted answer that amounted to "it is too much work for us and would make us less efficient". My fiance took it upon himself to read up on some online material on how to fix your own credit and started sending letters for me. In a month, I saw more results than I had seen a year with Lexington. I wasted $79.99 a month for almost 12 months for a service that over promises and under delivers.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   twmpm +1 Votes
i hired lexington law back in 08 and seen no improvements. so i dropped them and tried doing it myself. i was able to get the legitimate things on my credit report taken care of. but i was not able to get anything done about the mistakes that were reported. so after talking to lexington law again and asking about direct results i hired them again. i received nothing from lexington law but a bill. they some how were able to get places like free credit report and true credit to show that my trans uinion score had went up. but i found out it was only a scam when i went to the bank to buy my bussines and the bank showed me that my fico score did not change at all. so i called lexington law and was told that some times removed items show back up! after months more of playing lexington laws game and not seeing any improvement i called again only to find out that they can not get my fico score improved even if they get items removed.it is now 2010 and i could of paid off the bogus debt on my credit report with what ive paid into this scam. i myself have spoken to an attorney and plan to take action but im posting this to tell you to save your money do it yourself and this is a scam. lexington law has page after page of scam reports and bbb reports that really are just advertisements for them and the true complaints are moved way down and way back so you have to look to find them. if you are thinking of using lexington law save your money!!!
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   DIANE SHACKLES 0 Votes
Lexington Law is a waste of money and time .I guess I am joining the bunch of unsatisfied customers...
MY SCORE DID NOT INCREASE AT ALL AFTER 8 MONTHS WITH THEM
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by   key5000 0 Votes
LEXINGTON LAW IS SCAM, DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE.

I lost $200 to Lexington because I though they can remove my negative to increase score but they did not. After 3 months, I just stop the service because it does not work out as they said.

At first, I had to pay $100 for the setup fee, $10 for credit report and they charged me $59 each month. For first month, they send out a letter to dispute 3 negative and the following month they only send 1 dispute. The result I get back from 3 credit still show negative. I call them they they said they will send out the letter to them next month.

I think the point is they just try to stretch out to months and months so they can collect our monthly payment.

After 3months and paying $200, without any result, I just cancel the service and report to credit card as "lost card" so they can't charge any further.

DO NOT USE LEXINGTON LAW, IT'S SCAM, SCAM SCAM

Try to dispute your self then you will get the result better.

KEY
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   Alex_J321 +1 Votes
While some here (possibly even Lexington Law employees) are trying to defend this company by saying that they are a credit repair/restoration service, and that they can't really help you fight off debt collectors... after my experience with them, I'm convinced that they are nothing but expert con-artists. Before signing up, I called them and spoke to several of their agents directly. I was given the impression that they can pretty much do it all as they told me how they're a group of lawyers, paralegals, analysts, and experts in finance, lending, consumer rights, etc. etc. They make their sales pitch very appealing to folks who are desperate to get creditors off their backs, and identity theft victims as well. Infact, my issue was that I was a victim of ID theft by a former roommate who not only stole and misused several of my credit cards, but he also used my SSN and personal info. to open new accounts in my name, which he subsequently also committed fraud with. I needed expert help in convincing these credit card companies that it was my former roommate who was responsible for all of those charges on the stolen credit cards as well as the cards that he opened using my name and info., and that these debts that resulted from his unauthorized transactions were infact fraud and not my responsibility. Every person that I spoke to at Lexington assured me that this is precisely the type of case that they can be of help with, and basically conned me into signing up with them.

They assigned a "paralegal / specialist" to my case and gave me a reference number and all, but whenever I called them, that particular person that they assigned my case to would never be available. So as a result, I could only get general advice from "others in the office" who have worked on similar cases, and were available at the time. I just wished that I had trusted my instincts back then and cancelled right away to minimize my losses from ever having subscribed to this firm's services. But I was desperate and fairly ignorant about how to deal with creditors hounding me on my home and cell phone, and through the mail in the form of collection letters as well as mounting bills with added penalties. So I retained Lexington's services a while longer and hoped that they were infact sending out disputes and letters to not only the credit bureaus but to the creditors themselves explaining my situation and hopefully resolving my issue. But the thing is, they never send you a copy of what it is that they're sending to the credit bureaus or creditors on your behalf. So you never really know if they're infact doing any work for you at all. They do send you e-mail notifications that supposedly alert you as to when they've sent something on your behalf, but they don't ever let you see what they've sent, and to whom specifically. So all I could do is wait and hope that whatever it is that they did will get the desired results.

However, as the months went by, I realized that whatever they're doing (if anything at all) wasn't working, and they were simply taking a monthly payment from me while providing me with zero results. So I began to research things for myself. I found out that the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act allows me to get the collection calls to my home and cell phone stopped (although the letters and bills still kept coming, until that is, I was able to get the debts completely cancelled later on) as long as I fax over a letter to my creditors asking them to do so. I then wrote letters to the credit bureaus informing them about my roommate and asking that the debts being shown on my credit reports are errors and that they be deleted. I also contacted the creditors myself, and even talked to them over the phone asking for their customer service and/or fraud departments (as opposed to the collection dept.) to get the charges that caused the resulting debts to be properly classified as fraudulent or unauthorized charges, and dealt with in the appropriate manner. I often met resistance, as some creditors were saying that they had fraud investigators look into the matter and they believe that it was I who is responsible for the charges, and not a former roommate. So finally, I went down to my local sheriff's station and opened an identity theft case, obtaining a police report. There is also an online FTC ID theft report that you can file online and print out. This contains a lot of detailed info. and the last page even provides fields for signatures of the claimant (myself), and law enforement officer name, badge no., signature, and a field for the police report number. I had this FTC report with me when I took it to the cops, so I was able to get them to sign it as well. I made copies of the signed and completed FTC report, as well as the police report, and sent copies of these along with letters to the creditors. I continued making phone calls to my creditors (as opposed to their collection agents calling me) and staying after them, asking for supervisors and anyone with influence to get my case properly classified as ID theft/fraudulent use and getting the charges/debts dismissed. And guess what... things began to look up! Some of the creditors were now sending me letters saying that the debt was cancelled, and I began to receive bills showing a zero balance! At this point, I knew for certain that I had done more for myself than what Lexington did for me in the several months that I've been with them, and I immediately called to let them know that I'd no longer be needing their services. As a parting insult, they billed me the entirety of the current month's cycle for their services even though it had just started. All in all, I threw away around $600 total by buying into this firm's con.

Just to finish up the story, I did eventually get all of the negative charges and debts dismissed and removed from my credit reports from all 3 bureaus. In a couple of cases, it took several months (nearly a year), but eventually all charges and debts were erased/cancelled. My former roommate's current whereabouts are unknown to me, and I hope that the law has caught up with him. I had a huge fight with him and threatened to turn him in to the police when I first discovered what he had done, but he moved out a couple of days after that when I was at work. I've never seen or heard from him since, and quite frankly I hope it stays that way.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   buildrealcredit +1 Votes
I was looking for information on credit repair that actually show you how to repair your credit yourself, but have just found the same info you could read for free credit repair exposed. On October 27th 2010 these credit repair can not accept any money till after they do what they promised. We offer Build Real Credit software that will help you raise your FICO score by repairing your credit report and settle your debt. http://www.buildrealcredit.com an easy and affordable solution.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   belgia 0 Votes
Anyone else notice that the AD by Google on THIS site have a Lexington Law and CreditReport.com (mni and so on) AD? YIKES!

Tips How to Save on Moving Costs