logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (50 mins ago)
pof.com - plentyoffish
pof.com - wrong treatment of its users
2. (50 mins ago)
Speed Services Couriers
Losing my parcel and do even letting me know
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)

Posted:    razorxmuse

poor quality

Levi Strauss
North Carolina
I purchased six pair of Levi Strauss "SIGNATURE" jeans for my husband. All six pair within 2 weeks have started tearing at the back pocket. One pair i could MAYBE understand, but ALL six? Yesterday he bent over (he's a slender man) and the whole rear end split right down the length of the pocket. They were purchased at K-MART and they wont let you return without a receipt. Since they were Levi's i didn't anticipate having to returning them. I guess i' m just screwed out of over $100.00 So much for buying American.

Levi Strauss Jeans

Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2009 by   Tony68 -1 Votes
American?? Those are made in poor countries by children. Probably Lesotho. Levi's are no longer made in the US.
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   RosieAtLS&CO +1 Votes
Hi Razorxmuse

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to providing products of the highest quality. Please contact our Consumer Affairs department (1-800-USA-LEVIS) directly so that we can resolve this issue for you.

7th of Aug, 2009 by   razorxmuse -1 Votes
Tom Asher from Levi called me this past week. Levi is standing by their product by replacing the jeans i was not satisfied with. It took a little while, but thank you Mr. Asher for caring enough to fix this for me. I will remain a Levi customer.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   Steveb77 -1 Votes
I've had two pairs of 509s tear at the knee within 5 months of purchase recently. They've only had normal non-work wear. In the UK they're £50 per pair (around $80).

Quality has dropped massively- I will never buy another Levis product again.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   RosieAtLS&CO +1 Votes
Hi Steveb77

I am sorry to hear about the performance of your 509s. Can you confirm where you purchased your jeans so that I can get you the correct person to help you out with this.

Rosie Cayetano
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   rbieri75 -1 Votes
Having worn levi's for almost thirty years till now, I can attest to the fact that the quality started slipping about ten years ago, and now they are absolute garbage. The high price never went down, but they are paper thin, and I think that Levi should throw in a sewing machine if you buy 5 pair. About four years ago my mom found an old pair of 501's in her attic from when I was in high school, they weighed twice what new ones do, and they were faded to almost white. I WORE THEM ALMOST A YEAR BEFORE I HAD TO RETIRE THEM!! Yes the pockets will tear within weeks, and I have had to take almost new pairs back that ripped out in wierd places. I love the fit, but will never buy levi's again.
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   Jake 9 +1 Votes
I have been wearing levis since the 1960s, and yes the quality has gone from outstanding to paper thin junk. My last 6 pair from both jcp and sears have split open at the crotch having to throw them away just as they are begining to get a little worn and comfortable.I am 6ft 185lbs not an oversize man, its obvious levi has gone to complete substandard material but still charge top dollar, 35.00 for 9.95 jeans. I am through with levi until they come out with a public apology and bring their product back to where it was. Instead of horses pulling their jeans apart at this point I think hamsters could do it.,
 26th of Dec, 2009 by   fc123 0 Votes
I too purchased a pair of the Levi Authentic Signature jeans. They lasted exactly 3 wears (1 wash) before ripping, starting along the inseam. This happened as I was sitting on a couch, and switching which leg I had crossed.

FYI, my typical pair of jeans last 4-5yrs. This was indeed a cheap pair of jeans, and the expectation was duly tempered. But still, this was a shocking outcome. Material appears very weak.

Phoned the Levis number above and was offered an in-kind replacement. I declined, based on not being able to trust this particular model of jean again. Might have considered a different model.

Conclusion: Returned this pair to merchant, and bought another brand of jeans.
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   adweaver +1 Votes
Bought my husband 5 pairs of Levis, with in 6 months ALL 5 pairs have ripped in the crotch as he was getting into his truck. These were not tight jeans, kinda loose fitting. We bought these jeans thinking they would last for years and years. I am very disappointed with the quality of product Levis now puts in stores. What happened to the jeans that last forever? Glad to know we are not the only ones with this problem, but doesn't replace jeans at $30 a pair, shouldve saved my money and bought the $10 walmart knock offs
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   stanley donsky 0 Votes
I remember getting hand me down 501's that would last many years, and if you did get a hole or rip in them it would only add to there look. the levi's you get now are like very strong toilet paper, that the washer will destroy in a small amount of time.
PLEASE ! some one make some thing that last for years. Wranglers make a slightly better product, for about $20 to $30 cheaper.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   eric collier 0 Votes
i have had 4 pair of levi jeans all start ripping at the inseam within weeks of buying them. I still have a pair of levis i had in high school that was 13 years ago. levi quality in gone... I love the fit but $39.00 for 2 days wear is not worth it
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   GaryRialto 0 Votes
I agree that Levi jeans are mad of very light weight denim, as yesterday I bent over and the whole rear end split right down the length of the left pocket. .. third pair of 550 Levi's in the past six months to do the same thing. Time to buy another brand after 40 years.
 28th of Feb, 2010 by   John_M_11232143 0 Votes
Yeah great fit on the 501's (I've worn them since 1989), but the quality is so horrendous lately. The typical problems are ripping along the back pocket after some serious crouching, and the usual crotch-blowout that begins after about 6 months. I will definetely be switching to a whole new brand.. probably walmart wranglers since they're dirt cheap and fit reasonably well.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   KSJeff 0 Votes
I wore nothing but Levi's and they always held up but the last 4-5 years all have ripped at the rear pocket, these were 550's and 569's all which were bought at sears. The 569's are worse than the 550's but all are bad. the 2 569's I have, one lasted 2 wearings the other lasted about 10. My 550's lasted about 12-14 wearings. I need to find something that is durable. The one pair of 550's that is still in tact, I don't even put anything in my pockets to make sure there is no stress on any part of the pockets. I have dress slacks that are more durable than this. Maybe that is why I see farmers wearing Lee's. Jeff S.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   tonyv50 0 Votes
i have a pair of levi's that ripped at the back pocket seams i bought a year ago from walmart, the quality has fallen considerably, so i guess i will call rosie at levi's & hope they can fix this problem, if not, wrangler's will get my business !!!

15th of Mar, 2010 by   RosieAtLS&CO -1 Votes
Hi Tony
I am sorry to hear about your Levi's. It would be most effective if you contacted our customer service agents at 800.USA.Levi and press #3. We have a team of dedicated reps that will gladly help you with this. If you should have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

24th of Mar, 2010 by   GillGrylls 0 Votes
my jeans were purchased less than 6 months ago. i wear them maybe once every few weeks since i have about 9 pair i rotate between. after a few times wearing and washing a small whole appeared right at the corner of the right back pocket. today i wore the jeans and i realized they were torn with about a 3 inch rip. luckily i was wearing a long shirt which could cover up the tear. i purchased these at wal-mart for $19.50. They are the Levi's Carpenter jeans. very comfy and did not fit tight. very upset that they would tear. my wal-mart brand jeans ive had over a year have not torn at all!
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   GillGrylls 0 Votes
here are my jeans torn. i just posted a comment

25th of Mar, 2010 by   RosieAtLS&CO +1 Votes
Hi Gill
I am so sorry to hear about your jeans, this is not the product experience we strive for here at Levi's. We do guarantee our product against manufactures defects and I would suggest that you contact our customer service department at 1-800-USA-Levi (press #3). I am confident they can resolve this for you but if they cannot, please let me know so that I can help.

27th of Mar, 2010 by   RWD 0 Votes
I wore a newly purchased pair of 550's 4 times when a co-worker noticed this hole. I checked several other pairs and found similar problems. I checked the labels and found that they are made in places such as Dominican Republic, Lesotho, Haiti, Canada, Mexico, Egypt, and found that I still have two pairs that were made in the USA. I checked my older pairs with a micrometer and compared them to the newer pairs and found that the new ones are approximately 30-40% thinner. Just hold them up to a light and you will see many, many "thin" spots and holes!! I was shocked. I've always relied on Levi's as a symbol of quality. Now, a last bastion of Americana has fallen prey to global market economics!!! Sad day.

Airline Websites May Offer Cheapest Tickets