LDR Industries

Posted:

Faucet

4.45
LDR INDUSTRIES
I have a Faucet that is just over a year old, and it has since gone bad. It is a PULLOUT spray model, and it won't activate and sticks between the spray and stream. I have gone back to the store I bought it from, (menards) and they sell NO PARTS. I have E-mailed LDR twice in two weeks BEGGING for a response, and they wont even acknowledge my request. Phone calls get put on hold, and ignored until I hang up disgusted. The manual that came with it says it has a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. What good is that if they wont even talk to the consumer? Their Webpage says "LDR does not sell directly to consumers". All I want is some cheap repair parts which I am willing to PAY for if necessary, or a replacement sprayer. After all, isn't that what a WARRANTY is?
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

10th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ken,
Send me your address and I will send you a new spray head.

John Patzelt
LDR Industries
jpatzelt@ldrind.com
 15th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
LDR is selling garbage at Menard's and failing to stand behind it. I purchased 2 different LDR products and both failed. One is the Tuscany Cordova bath faucet oil rubbed bronze. The stem is junk; it was originally designed with h/c specicfic stems, then later a universal. I have tried for 3 months for a cold stem with no response from LDR. I also bought a Kitchen faucet- both gaskets to keep water from running into cab were installed or designed poorly so assembly failed, but the bigger problem is the male threads for the faucets are short threaded and you'd need washers to make them work. Someone in Chicago is really enjoying their Chinese profits.
 17th of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Purchased a tuscany sienna faucet made by ldr from menards. The first one corroded on the outside and inside after 6 months. The replacement one they sent me leaked on the hot side after 6 months. They sent me replacement valves but when I went to replace it, I noticed this one was also corroding. Through it all in the garbage and bought a Kohler. Quality control is something this company doesnt have, you can make crap in China successfully if you manage it correctly. You notice that Menards unlike other sites doesnt let you review the products, I wonder why.
 17th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I purchased an Exquisite Green kitchen faucet by LDR Industries Inc. from Walmart in January 2010--it started to leak in October 2012 and I notified the company as per the warranty. Within six weeks I received a new replacement faucet by express courier at no charge to me. Thank you LDR for the excellent service.
 14th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
I agree tuscanny is not a good product. I bought a matching shower faucet and bath sink faucet. After a couple months the tub spigot tarnished. Several years later the shower handle surround is now almost blackish, and the drain in sink and tub are both rusty. I have never had this problem with any other fixtures in place I have lived. Will not buy again.
 9th of Sep, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Lint traps product # 504 3100. I use them all the time. My newest purchase of them were about 1 1/2 inch shorter than the last ones. Is that really necessary? How much money does it really save the company. i am sick and tired of the consumers getting short changed. Sue
 2nd of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I purchased a tuscany chrome two-handle laundry pull out at Menards. I installed it without a problem. When I turned it on, a geyser of water erupted from the top of the spray head, shooting the rubber covering over the selector valve on the top of the spray head into the air. Menards took back the spray head and replaced it with another one. When I got the replacement spray head home and began to attach it, I noticed that the plastic area on the replacement spray head which threads into the hose was cracked. It was cracked so badly that I didn't even bother attaching it. Why waste my effort?
 4th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I purchased two Tuscany Sherwood shower faucets from Menards about 3 months ago for our custom dual shower master bath. My wife and I came home one weekend to find the basement ceiling soaking wet due to crappy threads on the mixing valve. After cutting open my new bathroom wall I removed the mixing valve and brought it to Menards. They told me they would exchange it but they no longer carry the model. After a lengthy discussion with the customer service team I finally convinced them to give me the mixing valve from a similar model. The new one has been installed about 3 weeks and no leaks but I am hesitant to patch the wall back up because now the other second faucet has started leaking creating another wet spot on the basement ceiling. Obviously the company is aware that their product is crap if they stopped selling it. I wish they would actually stand behind the product and fix the problem rather then let you exchange it for another piece of crap. Last time I buy any fixtures from Menards...
 25th of Feb, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I bought a Tuscany faucet a few years ago at Menards and the last year it kept leaking. We've had to fix it so many times, that finally it just broke. It says it comes a limited lifetime warranty and gaurenteed no leaks, but it sure wasn't true for my faucet. Of course there seems to be no Tuscany website to be able to email or call the company. What kind of company does that?
 27th of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I bought a Tuscany faucet from Menards about a year or two ago, it's the pull out kind, now when you use the water the handle turns on all the time, , so i turn it off and it does it again and again! I looked for parts at Menards but they don't carry any, , , really disappointed!!
 12th of Apr, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I bought a Tuscany Volk Single-Handle Pull-Down Coil Kitchen Faucet, Model Number: 5160SS from Menards 18 months ago and now the coil is leaking right in the MIDDLE.
 2nd of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
We purchased two tub faucets and shower heads, oil rubbed bronze, combos, from Menards. That was the first mistake. BOTH faucets are corroding, to the point that one can cut their fingers on them. We have only had these a couple of years. The paint is also coming off on ALL of the parts. These are so cheap and we are VERY disappointed. I contacted LDR Industries via email since a number cannot be found. Janice emailed in return that she was forwarding my email on. Its been a month and I only get excuses. I have been kind and would just like someone to contact and help me. I don't understand why that is so difficult??? I am going to have to replace these, they weren't cheap, so that my children won't get harmed. I am beyond frustrated. LDR has terrible customer service. I won't be buying their products again!!!
 18th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have purchased this faucet with a lifetime warrenty at Menards. The faucet leaks so i was going to get parts for it but they don't sell them. I have called 4 times to LDR but received no help. Can you please help?The sku number on the box is 19442 34659. Below that is 900 10503SS Pull-Out Kitchen Spray Faucet Stainless Steel Finish. I hope this helps you. Thank you. Wendy Leger, 19010 Klondike Loop, Grasston, Mn 55030 wleger30@gmail.com
 30th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased a Tuscany Roman Tub faucet set with hand shower--It has been leaking first thru the spray head--but worse the spout valve leaks down and now my floor and tub skirt is damaged. My daughter has severe mold allergies. I sold my previous home because of mold damage to provide her a safe environment. I was not aware of the problem until the mildew smell and visible leaking from the tub skirt started to occur.

It has been in use 13 months----13 months!!! This is the downstairs bathroom, my daughter's bathroom. The other bathroom is upstairs. She can NOT climb stairs. We are talking a girl who has had a collapsed lung.

We need a class action suit from damages.
 13th of Oct, 2016 by    -1 Votes
I also bought a Tuscany Brooksville Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet at menards less than a year ago, and all of the sudden it stopped working. After reading these comments on this board it seems my suspicions were right. I am returning this immediately. It makes me mad that that a company would sell a substandard product and not have an easy way of contacting them to back up there supposed warranty.
 2nd of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
Wow! I thought I'd be the only complaint. I bought the model#5136SS and the pull out nozzle started leaking and the liquid soap holder cracked along one seam. Cannot find parts to fix either. Leak from hose went unnoticed until it started dripping into the basement. Had to replace faucet, cabinet flooring and repair ceiling sheet rock and STILL can't find a liquid soap container that fits without leaking. Never buying Tuscany again.
 25th of Nov, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I bought a Tuscany Volk pull down faucet from Menards about two years ago, it worked fine during that time. Just last week, the faucet began leaking at the point where the hose joins to the faucet head. I tried replacing the washer. I could find the exact replacement for the washer, but I found one the same size. but without aerator mesh in the center. That didn't fix the problem.

On Monday (11/21/16) I ended up calling the customer service number in the documentation. I explained that I needed a replacement hose. The call was answered by a real person. She immediately transferred me to a gentleman who assured me that there was no problem. He took my name and shipping information. I asked him how much this would cost. He told me that the faucet was covered under a lifetime warranty and there would be no charge. He didn't ask me for any proof of purchase at all. I was skeptical.

The hose arrived today (11/25). The hose corrected the problem. At this point, I'm very pleased. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong or if it does, the company provides this level of service again. Thanks, LDR.

Michael A. Moore - Indianapolis, Indiana