logo

HEB
Additional Charges
3. (5 mins ago)
pobama25@europe.com is Legit
fake id and fake passport
4. (7 mins ago)

LawCrossing Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Valerie

Scam billing

lawcrossing.com
Lawcrossing.com received an F from the Better Business Bureau for fraudulent business practices. You are only capable of canceling via phone; however, even if you do cancel, they will continue to charge you, reportedly until you have the bank change your account information. They have blatantly continued to scam customers for years, and pay individuals to populate websites with bogus positive reviews in order to generate business. Do some research and think long and hard before you give them yours. For the record, the jobs listed are old with advertisements that do not match the requirements of the position but seem more appealing to applicants.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   Phil Chanfrau +1 Votes
Ask yourself why there is no way to cancel the monthly charges online. And then, if you can find the phone number to call Law Crossing (626 243 1801) you go to a message center which hangs up on you before you can leave a message. What does that tell you? Try for yourself before throwing you money away.
 23rd of May, 2009 by   Steve +1 Votes
Unbelievable, I wish I knew all this before. I have been pissed with the lousy service for a couple of months as I was getting no job updates, and those that I did get were found on USA Jobs. Now I want to cancel, it's a long weekend, and no one aswers their phone. (Yes, there really is no other way to cancel)
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   MayraCastro 0 Votes
Thanks Phil for sharing the telephone number!!To think they are scamming attorneys!!! My sister was a victim but she was able to contact the CEO of the company through an email search and was able to stop the scam. Unfortunately I found out after I had signed up. I will call them tomorrow and request a verfication number for the cancellation. I already went through this with AOL many moons ago.
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   Totem +1 Votes
The following was compiled from information obtained from some other complaint, the BBB, and CA state offices. Bottom line is that A. Harrison Barnes is operating his sites illegally, has avoided paying taxes at least to the state of CA and might be guilty of consumer fraud. All of you might have a better recourse for recovery than just reporting them to agencies in a manner that assures that the complaints will end up in a heap of other complaints. CA Civil Code Sections 1812.500-1812-523 require A. Harrison Barnes to make certain filings with the CA Secretary of State for employment related companies and he has not done so for most of his companies and only filed for the first time last November for only the companies lawcrossing, employmentcrossing and hound. (This is also referenced in the better business bureau site which they claim as one of the reasons for the lawcrossing F rating). That means that anyone who forked over money, even if they received a service, is entitled to rescind the contract and seek back all payments with the potential for triple damages in certain cases. Every incidence of A. Harrison Barnes' failure to comply with this law constitutes a misdemeanor and the law states that, in addition to the Attorney General, any district attorney or city attorney is authorized to investigate and prosecute these crimes. So all of you may want to start contacting CA district and city attorneys to file criminal complaints and one of you may want to start the ball rolling as lead plaintiff in a class action suit against all of his companies, A. Harrison Barnes and other people who control the company. If you are really angry, you can also report him to the state bar association. And don't be intiidated if some lawyer calls you up and threatens you with libel. That happened to at least one person and it's insane knowing how unscrupulously A. Harrison Barnes operates.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   Bmauger +1 Votes
They also (unilaterally and without notification) raised the cost from $29.95 to $39.95. It's not worth a cent, go to Indeed.com for all the information that this company is able to "research" for free. I called an hour ago and am still waiting for my cancellation confirmation number. My next call will be to DiscoverCard.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   sxw +1 Votes
Old re-hashed listings, occasional false listings even. I personally found two instances of newly updated job postings that had no correspondence to websites and databases of the listed companies. I notified them and they took them down, proving that they were indeed misleading posts to fluff up the website and delude new users into thinking that they actually offered a real service.

Moreover, I called two weeks ahead of time to confirm when I could cancel and was misled to believe I could cancel today on Oct 2. When I called to cancel, they refused to remove the charge even though I clearly have not used this months services.
 6th of May, 2010 by   NO2SCAMMING +1 Votes
I have been trying to cancel my service for two days-- before my contract renewed. I could not find a phone number or email on the website to call or cancel my service. I finally found the phone number on this website and called to cancel. They told me it was too late and would charge me for an additional month. When I asked why there was no phone number or contact information on my website to cancel, they acted stupid and unaware of a problem. Apparently, there is NO phone number or contact information on the website if you are LOGGED in. You have to go to the website for NON-USERS to find a phone number. This is MISLEADING and a SCAM. I have every intention of writing a letter to the attorney generals office and would urge others to do the same.

A side note: lawcrossing.com will not provided you any NOTICE that your contract has expired or that you have been billed. There is no information on your account as to the date of your enrollment or cancellation.

LEGAL PROFESSIONS BEWARE!!!
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   Angry at Law Crossing +2 Votes
Law Crossing is a fraud. They are thieves and cheats and liars. DO NOT sign up with them, or you will never be able to get out. My son signed up at $29.95 and then they raised it to $39.95. He tried cancelling by phone and e-mail, they kept billing. I called them, good luck with that. Everyone I talked to is called Mark. Obviously outsourced to who the heck knows where! They would hang up, put me on hold indefinitely. I got the BBB involved, and Law Crossing agreed to reimburse us $99.90. Guess what? never happened, so I called the contact person at Law Crossing, Carleen Trapp. I don't think she exists b/c I could never talk to her. The last thing I wa stold was that they would not refund the money at all. Crooks, that's what they are. The BBB says they can't do anything b/c Law Crossing is not a member company. What good is the BBB? I have now written to the AG office and they are investigationg. But, I have little hope. How can the AG office allow such a fraud to continue and the citizens to be ripped off like this? Get with it, California!!! Take these people out of business and sue them so they have to pay money back to consumcers they stole from.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   recentLawGrad +1 Votes
OMG, I've been trying to quit my membership for some time with no luck. I call the number (the only way to cancel) but their office is always closed! Monday at 10am, closed. Thursday at 2pm, closed. All the days in between, closed. "Thanks for calling, the office is closed right now. no one can take your call and you cannot leave a message. Have a nice day." How can this happen?? As a last resort, I finally had to cancel my card and hope that this will finally stop the billing! Unreal.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   visionrule 0 Votes
I am a recent law graduate and was pondering signing up for their service and found various negative reviews. Thank you so much for posting your feedback. I hope someone will investigate the business and take appropriate legal actions.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Livid2011 +1 Votes
This service is truly a scam. I'm defimitely going to file suit against this guy. When I originally signed up, they were charging $29.95 per month. They have raised the fees to $49.95 per month with NO notification! When I called to complain and cancel, they offered me 60 days free and then to revert back to the $29.95 per month original fee. It's clearly a bogus site. Not one single job listing I investigated actually had openings.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   BigBobJ +1 Votes
I actually found my first job out of law school thru lawcrossing about 4 years ago. However, something has seriously changed since then. I regret signing up again when I was looking for a new job, because now I can never get a hold of anyone there to cancel my membership. It is unfortunate that they are taking advantage of people, when it seems that initally they were providing a good service.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   flconsumer2011 +1 Votes
I am furious at this scam company. I was initially told by them the billing was monthly, recurring. Then they immediately charged me for "three months". I told them I don't want this and don't approve auto billing, they agreed on the phone. They would not refund me money and after 3 months charged me again for three months. I called, furious, they refused to refund the money. I had to cancel by bank card. This is in an ongoing dispute through my bank. The "manager" of lawcrossing won't respond to me. I contacted the AG of CA and FL. These people are criminals.
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   jireh87 +1 Votes
Total scam! I wouldn't be surprised if the next person who posts a comment will be a scam representative from the company saying that the company is good...
 14th of May, 2011 by   DougK +1 Votes
Probably the best options, given the obvious scam are to call two organizations:

1) your credit card company to stop any further payments
2) the California AG consumer complaints division.
 17th of May, 2011 by   Mercedes Padiernos +1 Votes
The same circumstances happened to me. The person who I spoke with, (with heavy accent), gave me a trial offer and promised me that I will get a credit upon cancellation within 72 hours of the trial period. I cancelled it the next day, which is within the 72 hours risk free trial period, I still did not get my money back. The worst thing was Law Crossing charged my card to $149.00 which I did not authorize. I contacted Law Crossing to no avail, there was no live person that I could discuss this unfortunate circumstances. Please have someone take Law Crossing to justice. I am hoping something good will turn this matter soon. I just cannot wait!
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   Kim54 0 Votes
I tried to sign up for one month. The next day I checked my bank statement online - they charged me $220!!! I called to tell the that this was a mistake and that I did not authorize the charge. The man was very rude and stated that they would not refund my money. I am so sorry that I ever entered my information on their site... I have filed a complaint wiht the BBB and attorney general... How can this company continue to operate when clearly there have been several complaints made against them? =(
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Selah117 0 Votes
Years ago LawCrossing.com was offering a trial period free of charge before they asked for your credit card info and I tried it back then and found most of the jobs were the same ones on other sites and knew then that I could get the same info for free using Indeed.com and a few other sites. I believe this is when the company was doing okay, but now it appears there have been drastic changes where even the trial period requires your credit card info and the cost of the services went from $25-$40 to $100+ it's incredible! Right there, that told me something was not right and a red flag went up. When I didn't use the trial period this time, but they still remember me from my old email account when i tried the free trial offers years ago, they emails me offering me over $3, 000 worth of "gifts" which were just resume critiques (probably computer generated) and the like and 60 trial for only $7.77. That made no sense either. Why that amount? Especially after asking for so much in the first place? I could tell it was a scam and all they wanted from me was my credit card number and then i would be screwed with not getting my money back when I read about how they would also "credit" me some $99.95 for the Resume critique, etc services. I thought to myself..."CREDIT?" So, it sounds like they would not actually charge me $7.77, but the $99.95 but "credit me" the remaining or whatever. I don't have the exact dollar figures right but you know where I'm going with this. After I saw that I looked for LawCrossing reviews and scams on Google and found this board and I was right.
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Selah117 0 Votes
sorry for the typos - I was offered 60 days of a trial period. Another huge red flag about this is I never had trouble registering. I just NEVER registered. lol I just visited their site and used my old info and that's when i found out things had drastically changed. You'll see the services they now offer and the prices.

Anyways, here is what the emails looks like :

________________________

**1st Email: Hello,

I am the Chief Executive Officer of LawCrossing. Sarah Harper just informed me that you came to LawCrossing a few days ago and experienced difficulties registering. I am terribly sorry and want to make it up to you. Such problems are exceedingly rare and we stand behind our site.

As a way of making this up to you, I am going to take the extraordinary measure of giving you over $3, 000 in FREE GIFTS and access to LawCrossing for the next 60 days for just $7.77.

I hope this will show you how much we stand behind our service and our customers when things go wrong. You are going to be amazed at how many good opportunities I have waiting for you on LawCrossing.

Please follow this link to complete the registration: complete your registration now.

To your success,

Harrison Barnes, Esq.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

CC: Sarah Harper Hello,

__________________________
**2nd Email:

Feeling guilty about your technical snafu, yesterday I emailed you that I would give over $3, 000 in free gifts and bonuses-to make up for the problems you experienced during your LawCrossing registration.

I want to make sure you do not miss out on these valuable free gifts.

While I am kicking myself for giving away so much for so little, I have authorized just for your personal email address:
Over $3, 000 in FREE GIFTS and
access to LawCrossing for the next 60 days
...all for only $7.77.

I stand behind LawCrossing and our customers.

Please follow this link to complete the registration: complete your trial now.

You owe it to yourself to try LawCrossing for the next 60 days and claim these FREE GIFTS. No one has more legal jobs. Imagine where your life could be 60 days from now if you take action now.

I know you understand the tremendous value of what I am offering.

To your success,

Harrison Barnes, Esq.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

________________________________
**3rd Email:

Yesterday our CEO, Harrison Barnes, offered you over $3, 000 in free gifts and bonuses-to make up for the problems you experienced during your LawCrossing registration.

Due to the cost of these gifts to us, we can only make these free gifts available for the next 48 hours. After 48 hours, the registration link for these gifts will no longer be active and you will lose this opportunity.

Here is the special link: complete your trial now.

Sarah Harper

S. Harper

Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Your Way!

PS: If you do not respond to this email, your email will be removed from the incomplete form within the next 48 hours (see below).

FREE GIFTS AUTHORIZED BY HARRISON FOR YOU

Free Credit at Resume Boomer $49.95 $0

Access to the Career Transformation System $3000 $0

Free Credit at Legal Authority! $125 $0

TOTAL $3, 424.79 $7.77

Please follow this link to complete the registration: complete your trial now.

Bonus 1 Free Resume Critique (a $99.95 Value)

I'm going to send a special code which will give you a $99.95 credit that will allow you to get your resume reviewed by our professional resume writers for FREE.

Resume Critique will provide you with helpful hints and suggestions to create a knockout resume. You will get a comprehensive review of your resume to help you improve it and take it to the next level. Resume Critique will tell you what to emphasize, what to omit, and how to create a perfect profile or qualifications summary. Our writers will also ask you questions designed to draw out your most marketable traits and experience.

Here is the special link: complete your trial now.

Sarah Harper

S. Harper

Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Your Way!
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Selah117 0 Votes
I did some checking and it looks like you might want to try the FBI and file a complaint with their Internet Crime Complaint Center where people report fraud on the internet and other e-scams. Try this link: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Hopefully, if the BBB isn't getting you anywhere, this will. I don't understand why their web site hasn't been shut down if they are defrauding so many people. That is the very least they can do until you can get your money from them in court.

Mobile Phone Insurance Fraud