Kohls Department Store

Posted:

Sexual Harassment

Kohls
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
On November 7 2009, I was trying on clothes in the Juniors area fitting room when I heard a young man speaking another language, possibly Russian, talking from what sounded to be extremely close and above me. I looked up to the right and saw a young man looking over my dressing room wall from the room next to mine. When he saw me look up, he jumped down and ran out into the common area. As I dressed myself, I walked out to find the boy standing there with two women, an older woman and a younger girl, around the age of 18. The boy ran out and I followed him asking if anyone outside of the dressing rooms worked there. They all said no but that an associate had just walked away. The boy continued to walk through the Juniors area where he then turned into an isle and continued at a brisk/running pace to the back of the store. I found the first associate and asked them to please call security and told them what happened. The associate and I both saw the boy and could describe everything about him, what he was wearing, his height, hair color and that he was about 16 years old. I showed the associates three times the two women who he was with also. LP was then called and I was escorted over to their office where I had assumed action would take place in catching this teen boy, instead, the LP got on a phone with a manager and talked for about 20 seconds when he put the phone down and looked at me and said "I mean, what do you really want us to do about this? There is nothing we can do." Visibly shaken and extremely upset, I gave up on the loyalty of this store that I once considered to be the first place I would go for shopping, I looked at the LP and said I was going home, leaving behind the merchandise I was about to purchase.

It is scary, unfortunate and very discouraging to know that a store would do nothing about a situation of this manner. It makes me extremely nervous to wonder what they would do had this situation escalated to assault.

This was sexual harassment that occurred in a store known by many to be a safe and good place to shop, however, there was nothing done to prove this.

I'm ashamed for this store to pride themselves on customer service because they lacked that completely. I will be sure to NEVER set foot into another Kohls, and will be sure that none of the people I know will either.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
That's awful! :( I wouldn't be able to set foot in another Kohl's either ... I'd be utterly disgusted.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
That is terrible. I would call corporate and insist that they have actual security guards at their stores. LP is not allowed to restrain people, only to call the police.

Kohl's Logo Kohl's