Knowledge Source

Scammers; Jon Giann and Dymphna Boholt

Knowledge Source
Phone: http://knowledgesource.com.au/dymphna/
Knowedge Source is a Real estate spuiker who has had trouble with the law on a number of occassions for providing false and misleading information to a guilble and greedy public now partnered with another scammer extraordinaire Ms Dymphna Boholt to spin brilliant tales of wealth through real estate, and more recently through foreign property investing (a dangerous strategy at best). And who is to stop them leading thousands of Australiand down the garden path while fleecing them off thousands and thousands of dollars for the "advice"? no one.

Best that can be done is to provide public records relating to those two snake oil merchants read the links below and decide wether the sweet promise of wealth and the well layed out words are of any value other than to ensure your trust enough to transfer wealth from your bank account to theirs

on Jon Giaan or his real name jon Giannopoulos also jon giaan see articles below, this guy trades as Knowledge Source, use to trade under a variety of names including giann and Giann pty ltd and Break Free events amongst others... oh he now goes by Jon Giaan a play on the spelling of his name to fool people googling him from finding out about his history ;

he is referred to as Giannopoulos in this article by the Sydney Morning Herald;

he is referred to as Jon Giannopoulos in the ASIC Ruling against him as a scammer;

he is referred to as Jon Giann in the age News paper article below;

and more;

As for Dymphna well she was selling Real estate wealth advise since 2003. She sold it on the bases of
having accumilated 60 properties in under 18 months (she's still claiming it, but now she probably does have it
from all the poor souls she's ripped off), when questioned by the ACCC she had to sign an afidavit that contrary to her statement of holding 60 real estate properties she infact held NO property at all and very little assets of any kind.
See what Justice Steve Rares says about Dymphna's none existent assets in his ruling follow the link below;

These people are seasoned professional rip off artists people.

As they say, a fool and his money...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Australia Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful?
More Knowledge Source Complaints & Reviews
Knowledge Source And Income Education Llc - Real estate education scam [5]

7th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Dymphna Boholt is an amazing woman. She is incredibly generous with her information and herself. She is compassionate and really cares about people and their success. Since signing up with Dymphna we have made back our money many times, my husband has transitioned into Real Estate as a full time profession and we have both grown a massive amount personally. The person who wrote this complaint has no idea about the real Dymphna Boholt
 6th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
Im a Dymphna Student and she has educated me, but has never sold me property, never tried to sell me property but has pushed for me to do my due diligence on any property deal, its an education, and what you do with it is your responsibility. I for one was buying real estate for 30 years the same as what I have learnt from Dymphna, only now, i have been knowledge of tax, insurances and protection.
 12th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I followed some of the links here in this complaint - Sydney morning herald article doesn't talk about Giann or Boholt but about Jamie McIntyre and some other people. Niel Jenmann (a man who is trying to sell his own financial advice) making some bitchy statements... that's about it... I looked on Youtube and was inundated by testimonials by students who loved this education (there are even some on this page)... And the complaint is from someone who was unwilling to leave his own name (jon jon jon) and is hiding behind anonymity.
Near as I can tell it seems like this complaint is written by someone who failed to make a success of the education he paid for and is looking for someone to blame. A person like that should not be listened to because with that attitude would you rather learn from someone who is making money and teaching many others to do the same or a disgruntled coward who failed?
 20th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Agree, total scam! Signed up at the Knowledge source seminar with Income Education LLC, should have known, a fool and his money. No wonder when i checked with Fair Trading and ASIC they advised they had numerous Complaints about this Co and Jon Giaan. Basically the Income Education LLC (US property seminar) you pay 2k for a weekend course at which is mainly about getting you pay another 20k 40k or 60k for another course. Naturally a the start of the course they advise if you don't want to move forward they will give a refund, yet all who wanted one haven't got one yet and its been 3 months!. ASIC advise me this practice is totally illegal and they "hope" to move soon on this mob.
 4th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I too am a past 'student' and concur with the statements made above, she is a total scam. The examples used in their 'free' seminars I have first hand knowledge of the property owners and they were told to 'hush up' about the LOSSES made on the nasty, cheap and without permit approval renovations. Many of her seasoned students don't pay annual fees and are there for self interest to prey on the very green newbies... it's like fresh meat. Yes she does have some success stories but I know around 20 'students' that have lost everything EVERYTHING because she told them to buy at certain locations and "you have until xx date to do, don't come back until you have"... sound like caring solid advice... hmmmm let me think?????? that would be HELL NO!!! buyer beware!!!
 5th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Of course she doesn't own 60 properties in her own name. That would be crazy. It's called asset protection, something that Dymphna (who is a certified accountant) teaches to all of her students. The fact that the author of this post is using this point as evidence that she is a "scammer" suggests that A) they have not attended any of her seminars and B) they do not even understand the basic fundamentals of real estate investment. I prefer to take advice from people who know what they're talking about.
 28th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Today at the Novotel Perth, my husband and I attended a full day seminar by Dymphna and I must say, I was totally blown away with the information she provided and mistakes we are making. Dymphna is the first person we have come across that actually makes sense in layman's terms.
At not one point did she EVER force anyone to purchase one of her seminars. it's your choice, as it was ours. Now what we chose to do with it, again, is our choice. Now if you purchase a program and choose not to do anything with it...that's your choice so take responsibility for your choices. If however you choose to listen to and read her program, and do something with that knowledge, that's your gained, that's a huge plus to you. I learnt soooo much today and now I know what to do with a negative geared property to make it a positive geared property. So Don't blame anyone but yourself if you don't succeed.
She gave us information that I wish I knew years ago.
Thank you so much Dymphna, you pushed me out of my comfort zone and gave me the knowledge and courage to push forward, change things in my life and strategies to succeed. Gloria M (WA 28.03.15)
To the NEGATIVE comments that people said...You don't know what you are talking about...it's YOUR fear that stopped you from succeeding, not her seminar...
 11th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Earlier today, I listened to Dymphna Boholt advise approximately 160 people in an online session claim that had a particular person spoken to her before he sold a certain property, then she would have advised him not to sell. I believe that she also stated that she would have given some strategic advice regarding the property. This particular property was sold in the early 1970's. Regardless of me sending a message advising of this fact, I have no recollection of Ms Boholt amending her statement during the session. Report filed to Consumer Affairs, Victoria.
 12th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Money2Me, I have to question your brainpower. Have you not heard of using historical events to demonstrate a point? Better to point out an historical example and learn from it by suggesting what would have been better to have done before the action that resulted in the loss or lack of gain that could have been achieved. Perhaps you missed the point or were too busy trying to find fault that life passed you by. Stop looking in your tiny rear-view mirror wandering what's going on and start looking out of that big windscreen full of opportunity ahead of you!
As far as I am concerned, I'm still healthily optimistically sceptical of Dymphna's teaching, however, a vast amount of what I have heard and read so far makes significant sense and I'm looking forward to building a successful property based passive income and developing my knowledge and wealth. Here's to all those out there chasing your dream! Decide for yourself and then go and make it happen!
 23rd of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
By the sounds of it this bird should be locked up .. What a disgrace that people are loosing eveything because of her own get rich quick schemes
 11th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
The complaint text above seems like written by some angry person with a real victim mindset, who seems to not have put into place any valuable information provided. He or she thrives on feeling sorry for him/herself and walking through the world complaining. His/her whole text above does not give any concrete example or proof of an actual scam. I feel sorry for you, mate (you did not even give you name) you must be a really unhappy person.
 10th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
She's not scammer, but she is a liar and many people have fallen for her false claims. Yes you can make money out of real estate, we all know that. But seriously, does anyone else think they are going to get rich by buying US property or homes in Queensland mining towns?
 17th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I dont know Jon Giaan, Jon Giann, Jon Giannopolous or Dymphna Boholt and haven't been to one of their seminars but it is easy to spot people that try to take advantage of others. If Jon and Dymphna really had a passion for helping others they wouldn't be spruiking all over the country, they would offer their advice freely on the internet. Remember they are so wealthy already they dont need to make any more money, right. However for some reason they want to get face to face with prospective clients, get them hot, sign em up and charge large fees for ongoing services. Do you really believe these people are doing this out of the generosity of their hearts. Get an honest accountant that can advise you on the correct tax treatment if you need it (only pay for advice on an hourly basis), use a bit of common sense when buying properties and avoid the greedy spruikers previously mentioned. Oh one other thing as well, I see Dymphna shows photographs of her with other famously successful people. Why do you think she does that? To make her look like a winner and legitimise her claims. Its an old trick used by many scammers. Funny that she was never photographed with Mother Teresa or Fred Hollows, wouldn't really fit the image would it. If you really feel you need someone to always hold your hand during the investment process, a better and cheaper way would be to buy diversified property trusts with moderate gearing. You can buy many of these on a cashflow positive basis and avoid stamp duty as well, but dont over do it as current low interest rates means all assets are on the expensive side at present.
 23rd of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I know its a bit old but I went to 1 of Dymphna Boholt free 1-day workshop, which I found very informative on some of the things, however the sales pitch was too much. Especially the continuing costs and training.

So...I did some research found this. She pretty much makes her money from the up selling of the seminars. Im not too sure on how successful her so called students make, however, this is something to read.

Knowledge Source Logo Knowledge Source