logo

Bad customer service

Kentucky Fried Chicken
Lesotho
www.kfc.com
I went to buy ice cream for me and the kids in KFC Lesotho today. The cashier rang four ice creams after I had told her to ring five. She told me that she didn't sell ice cream to pregnant women. I received bad service as she was not friendly. She told me to go to another till. When I got to the other till the cashier told me to start the que from the back. I then explained that the other cashier said I should go to her till. She also refused to sell me ice cream because she said that she also didn't sell ice cream to pregnant women!!! I then asked for the manager and ten minutes later a woman walked out of the office. I asked her whether it was in KFC's policy not to sell ice cream to pregnant women and told her that I would like to buy the ice cream. She went and made the ice cream and I paid the cashier who's name is Masenate who had earlier suggested that I cry for the ice cream because no one will sell me the ice cream. The service was ridiculous. I certainly don't need that kind of service as a KFC customer. My kids love KFC and I think the employee's should be taught customer service. I would like to take this matter further and therefor request head office numbers for South Africa/Customer relations department.

Comments Lesotho Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jul, 2008 by   leftfield101010 0 Votes
Funny
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Michael Willnecker 0 Votes
Dear Sir / Madam

I wish to express my sincere disappointment with KFC.

On the afternoon of Friday, 24th October, I visited our local Kentucky in Winklespruit on the South Coast to get lunch for the office staff.

During the placing of my order, I was advised by the attendant to place my till slip with my name and telephone number on it into a provided box as they were running a Curry Cup Rugby promotion where you could win free tickets. I gladly entered the competition.

On Saturday morning I noticed that I had a missed call that evening at around 21h40, which was the number for Kentucky Winklespruit. At exactly 09h00, when the KFC opened, I called them, and after I gave them my name, I was congratulated by the manager Beki, who advised me that I was a winner of the rugby tickets. He then advised me to call the Area Manager Mr. Chico, whom I needed to collect the tickets from.

I immediately called him and he advised me that he had already given the tickets to someone else. I then told him that if the manager of KFC Winklespruit has declared me a winner and instructed me to collect the winning tickets from you, then I was entitled to do so. Again, he told me that there was nothing that he could do as the tickets had been given away. I then asked him if there was a time condition attached to the competition and he replied, no. I then told him that if he could not give me the tickets, then he would have to compensate me in another way. He replied that he could not and that that was that.

I am very disappointed at the way that KFC have handled this competition and with the attitude that I was given by the Area Manager, Mr. Chico

Yours truly

Michael Willnecker
Mobile: 083-7373716
Glenwood
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   andrea 0 Votes
i went to the pfk on the corner of baclay and victoria in montreal quebec not once or twice but they sold me chicken from the day before when i get home i would be so disappointed.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   Jessica Pillay 0 Votes
I went to Chatsworth Centre yesterday, did my shopping then went inot Kfc for lunch. When I receive my order I found hair in my chips. I took it to the teller who asked me if I wanted another chips & she will take it to the Manager. I gave two packet chips back and continued with my meal. After having my meal I realised the manager hadn't come to see mee. So I asked the cleaning staff to call the manager. When she did come she sort of brushed the issue of and offered me a coleslaw or a mash & gravy. She didn't even say sorry. I was extremley upset because she didn't even have a smile on her face she acted like it was her chips that had hair in it. It was a total putoff. I have a picture of that chips which I am going to go public with.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Dave Swart 0 Votes
Lately KFC in Jean Avenue in Centurion seem to be dishing up slop instead of mash!! Bought some on Thursday, 4 February 2010 and the consistancy of the mash was the same as the gravy!

It is pathetic what they give you and when mentioning it to friends on Saturday night they said it has been like that for some time at that branch.

And whats even more frustrating, cannot even find their SA website to lodge a complaint with them and send them pictures of what they give to their customers.

I guess that is another franchise to write off my list.

Dave Swart
Centurion
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   Kentucky Fried Chicken 0 Votes
My friend and I visited the KFC store in Marshall Mo on 4/05/10. I have never been in a restaurant where I heard such vulgar language and arguing going on in the kitchen. It was so bad, that I went to the counter and told the cashier that I did not need, nor did the other customers that was in the store at the same time, to hear that kind of language used.
I asked to speak to the manager and was told, "she stepped out for a minute". I told the cashier that was ok, that I would go on line and register my complaint. I was told then, that I could call the number that was on the bottom of my cashier's ticket. I tried this, but you just answer with a # on how you rate your visit. I want to talk to a REAL PERSON!

Oh, and by the way, we were told they was out of biscuits, but would deliver them to our table when they finished baking. Needless to say, never did get them and was not offered an apology nor a refund, NOTHING to say they was sorry.

Shirley Malan
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Karen.za 0 Votes
I have also had numerous bad experiences with the service at KFC, particularly the branch at Canal Walk (Cape Town). The last time that I went to KFC I was forced to wait to be served because the manager and staff were having a screaming match. When I was finally served the women who served me turned her back on me half way through my order to deal with other orders or kitchen issues. I had to reorder at least three times before she finally got it right. When it came time to pay I handed over my bank card and then had to shout above all the noise from the staff to get it back along with a pen to sign my slip. The order was wrong and had to be corrected. This is the last time that I will be supporting KFC - the staff in most KFC branches need some serious customer care training.
 1st of May, 2010 by   unproffessinoal and neglegent 0 Votes
I went to a K.F.C. today (May 02, 2010 ), the waiter, ( Cassandra ), was giggleling and laughing as she took my order, I paused looked at ther and asked if she had a problem? She said her cooks were making her laugh. I proceeded to tell her I didnt appretiate the annoyance while trying to order. To find out upon leaving she was laughing about her Manager ( Big Girl shoulder lengeth hair, about in 20s), and a few other employees were changing a trash can outside that was so obviously way over due like days over, to be emptied, it stunk so bad they all threw up a few times. I will never go to another K.F.C. again, heck I may never go to another restraunt period.
 5th of May, 2010 by   Unidentified 0 Votes
All I have to say with regards to any and every complaint towards services rendered from any company, specially FMCG organisations. Take the complaint up with the Consumer Council & see how things get done.

Good luck in getting your future problems and issues resolved. Trust you will find more joy when going that rout as oppose to taking it up with the company self.
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   tammilynn 0 Votes
I must say that the quality of KFC has declined over the last couple years.
I do believe it has a lot to do with the "help" they are hiring.
I went to the Steubenville KFC yesterday to get some take out, and the experience was so bad that I
ended up at the local Pizza Hut!
A woman in front of me had a huge order, and I was, of course, behind her.
After taking said womans order, the "cashiere" proceeded to take another persons order that had arrived after me!!!
Well, after standing in line for over 20 minutes with no acknowledgement, I decided to take my money elsewhere.
Thanks for lunch Pizza Hut!!!
Stanton Long
Wintersville ohio
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   Cyril Adkins 0 Votes
Hi, On a regular basis both Kentucky outlets in Bethlehem OFS experiance dufficulties with their ice cream machines.There is no icecream for days.From now on i will give KENTUCKY a miss, Cyril Adkins, Bethlehem.
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   m govender 0 Votes
I bought some kfc pops at Mt Edgecombe, Durban and they were very disappointing. They used to be one of the best things on the menu.It is now made from processed chicken and not real chicken. They taste horrible...very disappointing. why cut the quality of it but the price has not been cut

M.Govender
083 468 9741
Durban
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   rajesh bahuja 0 Votes
I found baby finger in my kentucky chicken in bombay india, with small nail on it . When i said ill call police they said no no ill give you 100, 000 rupees and i said okay but it was very very smelly and disgusting eww
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   Sarel J Naude -1 Votes
My friend and I buy lunch from Kentucky Fried Chicken in Florida every day. We work for a large corporate company in roodepoort on main reef road. On this particular day we were embarrassed by Kentucky. After buying our lunch, we all sat down and began to unpack our lunch as we don’t have much time and our lunches are short. We were shocked! to find that we didn't have any serviettes, but instead of just telling us that they don’t have serviettes, and we would have excepted the fact that they have run out of serviettes, (THEY GAVE US TOILET PAPER) at that moment our love for Kentucky died instantly. Now were was that roll of toilet paper at the time when they ran out of servirttes, was it a new roll! or was this a roll they quickly took out of the toilet. Still the fact remains this was uncalled for.
Regards
Sarel

28th of Feb, 2011 by   Jean Kinsley 0 Votes
I had my worst experience with KFC in Marquette Michigan. We were visiting that city and wanted chicken, so the natural choice was KFC and that led to our worst lunch ever. The counter girl had nose rings and heavy black makeup.
Unappetizing right away. We order a bucket of eight (8) pieces regular and when we got back to our hotel there was only six (6) pieces. Very disappointing. We will not go back there again. Plus it was $12.00 @ $2 per piece.
Jean Kinsley Beaver Island, MI
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   MSYDC 0 Votes
I was just getting off a 14 hour fast due to a test I needed to take at my doctors office, when I needed something to eat. So i drove up to a drive thru window at my nearest KFC to order something to eat as well as drink. I get home to my surprize the drink taste like trash and my chicken was hard as rocks. So I call the KFC I just bought my dinner from to let them know how upset I was and all they could say to me was, would you like another drink. My entire meal was a mess that I wouldnt feed my dog. So with all that I went to sleep angry and hungry because with the price of gas I wasnt able to return to KFC to get another meal or my Soda they needed to replace. This meal I ordered cost me $15.64 for 2 meals one for myself the other for my daughter . This KFC is located here in Moreno Valley, 16040 Perris BLVD. Store #Y300015.
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   Razia 0 Votes
I went to EA kfc yesterday there was only one cashier for 5 system and 7 to 8 guys for serving there was too much rush but nobody turend up to attend the customer and take there order i was very much disappointed i was stading there for halfhour wasting my time if we ask your staff they say just wait mam person will attend u.this so called customer service for u people ridiculous really upset kindly give them service training regards Razia
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   rey619 0 Votes
We bought 16 pieces at Irving and Harlem KFC branch, the woman put it in one bucket and press it, only to find out she put in only 12 piece maybe she is taking the price diffrence in her pocket.
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   borero 0 Votes
yesterday afternoon me my co workers we went to KFC BRANCH we ask for LUNCH TREAT that time was 1550 hours the man on the counter he told as that the LUNCH TREAT was over cause is already 1615 hours due to the system timings meaning is advance 25minuets i dont mine paying extra but cheating the customer is bad for the putting advance timings...KFC STAFF ARE LUCK OF TRAINING THEY VERY ARE RUDE...BAD SERVICE AT ALL
 17th of Oct, 2011 by   anj09 +1 Votes
Hi,
i would just to ask if you're doing anything on these complaints?Better to give disciplinary measures on your crew.especially those who has bad manners towards customers.i'm pointing mark joseph santiago in particular.he's just a crew here at kfc sm baliuag, bulacan.i want him out of your store.that gay doesn't fit ur store.me and my family really love kfc so i wouldnt sacrifice buying your chicken just because of that crew.pls. give actions on it.tnx!

5 Tips for Your 2009 Tax Return