logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (35 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (36 mins ago)

Phone of purchaser: 937-429-0172
Model: 153337562
Serial: 400307538

Dear Supervisor,

This is a follow-up letter to my December 8, 2007 (copy enclosed) that I sent you certified mail and you received on December 14, 2007. For the record, one of your employees at the above number refused to give me a supervisor’s name today at 1:30pm because “they all were in a meeting.” No problem, I sent this letter certified to you as well as copies of voicemail messages by Sears Repairs and Complaints employees, and a copy of my 12/8/07 letter to you.

Enclosed is an authentic CD recording copy of a message left by Dave (440-258-5369), a Sears Repair Installer at 7:46am on December 8, 2007 who reports, “…I am scheduled to come out and repair your water heater today...”

Dave never showed, so I paid for a new water heater and installation from one of Sears’s competitors and sent you the bill for reimbursement of $625. Furthermore, Sears Repairs employees created confusion by having me engage in numerous contradictory reports in effort to avert Sears Repair staff from honoring Sears Warrantee on the Kenmore Power Miser 9 Gas Water Heater (as outlined in my 12/8/07 letter to you).

Enclosed is an authentic CD recording copy of Chris (407-712-1051) from Sears Credit Complaints at 6:34PM on December 18, 2007, who reports that the above water heater is under Warrantee for a replacement, but not for installation. Chris further states, “…Since you chose to go with somebody else, installation and the unit will NOT be reimbursed by us…you can have them process you a replacement water heater…as a back-up…”

FIRST, SEARS REPAIRS STAFF (DAVE) DID NOT SHOW AS PROMISED. SEARS (CINDY) PROMISED SHE WOULD SEND AN INSTALLER OUT SEVERAL DAYS LATER AFTER I PAID IN FULL FOR A SERVICE THAT DID NOT OCCUR THE FIRST TIME AS PROMISED (12/8/07). I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE FOR REPLACEMENT AND INSTALLATION OF MY WATER HEATER THAT WOULD KEEP THEIR PROMISE. So, I hired American Plumbing who installed a new Rheem Guardian Water Heater and kept their promise by showing up and doing quality work. Second, I do not need a back-up water heater; I needed the work done as promised on December 8, 2007 by Dave from Sears Repairs that never occurred.

My evidence is compelling and I am clear that Sears Repairs is unreasonable, unreliable, and has no intention of honoring its warrantee. I have forwarded copies of my 12/8/07 letter, this letter, and a CD recording of said phone call messages from Sears to the Better Business Bureau, Carl Monday, I-Team Reporter at Channel 19, a posting on Utube, as well as numerous website complaint services. Furthermore, I am giving away all my Sears products in my home for free to low-income families that promise not to use Sears Repairs or purchase Sears products. I hereby request that Sears donate my replacement water heater to a low-income family and send me a copy of the delivery order for verification and I’ll pay American Plumbing for the install work.

Sincerely,

Christopher Cuda

Cc: BBB
Carl Monday
Utube
Consumeraffairs.com
Paul Wolf
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2008 by   JANE 0 Votes
My husband and I total agree with you. I have always gotten all my appliances from Sears but about a year ago I stopped buying from Sears. Their repair service is so bad. My refrigerater broke and I call for repair. They told me it would take a week for someone to come out. A week on a refrigerater, how was I to keep my food from going bad. We bought a water heater and we have had the repair guy out every 6 months because the flame keeps going out. We have had it replaced twice and now Sears tells me it's not their water heater its the pipeing in the house that is making the tank go bad. They instaled it and had numerous repair men out and now they say it's the wrong size pipe and they won't install a new one unless I pay for instalation.
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Michele 0 Votes
Hello
Sears sold me a warranty on my central air unit, and when it broke - they sent out an authorized repair person who said it needed a $1, 500 part. Sears will not return my phone calls or the authorized service persons since. I filed a complaint with consumer affairs and 5 weeks later with temperatures reaching 94 degrees - I am still waiting. I just hired someone else to fix it - but I am so disgusted with SEARS - I will not go there ever again. All my appliances are from there as are the tires on my car. I will file a suit to recoup what they should have done under the warranty.
Ironically - while I am waiting for them to return my call - they called to send me a warranty on my water softner. The absolute nerve!

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups