logo

Kay Jewelers

Posted:    UnhappyWifeInTx

Refuse to honor insurance

Hurst, Texas
My husband bought a one and a half carat three stone engagement ring from Kay Jewelers, spending $2, 999 plus the cost of the insurance which, when he bought the insurance they said if the ring was lost or stolen they would replace it free.

They lied. I accidentally flushed my ring down the toilet trying to put it back on and he went up there the next day to talk to them but they refused to give a replacement. All he wanted to do was get the same ring we had before but they said all they could do was allow him to pick something out the same price as what he still owes on the ring that is now gone. I think that is bullsh*t.

They are now claiming the insurance that he has doesn't cover a lost ring! Lies! Don't buy from them! I also had to have the ring sent off within six months to have the diamonds tightened in the setting and I feel they have ripped us off.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jan, 2010 by   UnhappyWifeInTx 0 Votes
Edited to add since I can not edit my post: I was reaching for the ring on the shelf while I was flushing the toilet and I didn't close my hand around the ring in time and it fell into the toilet and down it went!
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   thetruthhurts. 0 Votes
You are ignorant. The warranty does not, and never has, covered total loss of the ring. Even if they 'told' you that when you bought it, you should have read your paperwork. Take some responsibility. You think paying a hundred and fifty bucks ONE TIME covered the total loss of a three thousand dollar ring FOREVER? This blows my mind. The warranty covers loss of the diamond. the diamond! If the diamond falls out, you're covered. If you're just clumsy and knock your ring down the toilet, thats called life. The sucky part maybe, but life.

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide