logo

3. (59 mins ago)
Diya Foundation
Unethical measures in NGO
4. (1 hr 45 mins ago)
RPC Holidays (Royal Premium Club)
False commitments for package selling
5. (1 hr 52 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

J. K. Harris Complaints & Reviews - Lawsuit anyone!

J. K. Harris Contacts & Informations

J. K. Harris

Posted:    keith

Lawsuit anyone!

The J K Harris Company advertises that they will work with the IRS to negotiate and settle any outstanding back taxes someone owes . This company took $4500 from me and did nothing. They would not even return my phone calls. They send me collection notices saying I still owe them $1500. It is the biggest scam in this country and no one is doing anything about it. The IRS knows about their scam. The Better Business Bureau nor our government does absolutely nothing to stop these thieves from stealing from thousands of people. It is a shame that this is allowed to continue. Children have been taken to jail for stealing a piece of candy. People have been shot for breaking into a house to steal a television. Why are the thieves at the J. K. Harris Company permitted to advertise in newspapers and television commercials so they can steal money from thousands of people without any repercussions????? Why can they not be stopped? More people need to do something. If the J. K. Harris Company has stolen from you, please submit a complaint to every place you can. If anyone would like to join together in a lawsuit against the J. K. Harris Company to be reimbursed the money taken from them, please notify me @ (keithrdo4u@yahoo.com). Other people have made such efforts and have won. There are many attorneys that will take this case with no out of pocket expenses nor payment from the clients with the motive of receiving a portion of the money collected only after the lawsuit is won and payment received from the company being sued. (The attorney gets paid only if the case is won which amounts to 1/3 of all the money returned to us from J.K.Harris.) Do Not Do Nothing... DO SOMETHING! (keithrdo4u@yahoo.com)
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More J. K. Harris complaints
J. K. Harris - Ridiculous
J. K. Harris - Lies

Comments

15th of Feb, 2008 by   Barbara Hiatt Estes +1 Votes
These people should be locked up in a jail and the key thrown away. They lie, cheat & steel from innocent people that work hard for their money. I had to pay for services rendered upfront. The worse part is that I employed them for a tax audit and not only did they not show, they never even called to let IRS know that they were representing me. I had to deal with the IRS myself. They went for weeks before they would ever return my calls. People in the United States have been hung for alot less than this. The sad thing is that we let them continue to get away with it. They still advertise on T.V. like they are the best service to have. I could have paid IRS taxes off for what I had to pay JK Harris. It should be a nationwide Lawsuit so all this stealing from the poor will stop!!
 19th of Feb, 2008 by   Penny +1 Votes
I wish I had seen this a month ago. We entered into an agreement with JK Harris and it has been a huge disappointment. We are now seeking a real attorney to assist us with a tax issue. JK Harris did nothing but quote the basics of the IRS policy and has done nothing to 'negotiate' on our behalf. So far this looks like a huge ripoff!!
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Tammy Gampel +1 Votes
Hi Keith,

I am out $2000. to JK Harris with no help. Yes, I would like to join in a lawsuit. Iam now working with a local CPA and of course having to pay more money. I have read about the lawsuit that was settled where the participants only got back $69 each. Is there anything that we can do differently? Please let me know what you need from me.
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by   j-wa +1 Votes
I would love to join in any class action suit against these people. They have made the last 2 years of my life a living hell. After signing up with them for $5000, a month later I was garnished by the state. Nothing JK Harris could do, of course. Now, over 2 years later I still have no results except an "agreement" to pay another $2k that I never would have agreed to pay. My state returns were just "intercepted" by another agency to whom I owe money. Please, if this is an ongoing action, let me know.
 1st of Jun, 2008 by   Joe Mastriano, CPA 0 Votes
I run a small quality professional IRS representation CPA firm. Please visit my site at www.taxproblem.org for responsible experienced help with your IRS situation. Thanks
 5th of Jun, 2008 by   TONY DANZA +1 Votes
I TOO HAVE BEEN ROBBED BY JK HARRIS AND COMPANY. I AM HONESTLY CONSIDERING THE POINT OF VIOLENCE AND ANGER TOWARDS THEM. THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED!!! LETTERS AND COMPLAINTS AND EVEN LAWSUITS DON'T BOTHER JK HARRIS, BUT WHAT IF PEOPLE STARTED TO GET HURT? I THINK THAT WE AS PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SCREWED NEED TO ACT. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING DRAMATIC. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW!!!
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   Rhonda Randle +1 Votes
I have been trying to recover 1/3 of what I paid JK Harris to do nothing. Tehy are keeping 2/3 just for me talking meeting with them and allegedly getting some documents from the IRS.

They promised a refund in writing. Each time they are suppose to send me the refund check they change the date that they are sending it. It has been almost two years and no refund.

I would love to join in a suit. If it is going to be a mere $69.00 though I do not feel it is worth it. This company needs to be taken to task for all monies they have taken but did nothing to deserve.
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   SHARON THOMAS +1 Votes
FIRST THE IRS PENALITIES AND INTEREST RATES KILL ME (I RAISED TWO HARD WORKING KIDS AT BELOW $20, 000 A YEAR)IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR ME TO CHARGED THE KIND OF RATES THE IRS DOES.THEN JKHARRIS TAKES ME FOR WHAT WAS LEFT .
 17th of Aug, 2008 by   lonny +1 Votes
anyone starting a new lawsuit please email me
 8th of Oct, 2008 by   DARLA BATSON +1 Votes
I like everyone eles have been ripped off by jkharris, my husband and I went to them with the hope of getting our IRS problems solved, they told us everything we wanted to hear and said ours was a pretty "cut and dry"case and that we would be able to settle with just a fraction of what we owed the IRS, all we needed to do was sign a bunch of forms, give them our debit card number and hand over three hundred dollars and the rest would be taken out in monthly installments in the amount of $155.00 well that amount has never been taken, one time was 385.00 the second time was 655.oo the next time was 165.00, and we went and shut our account down, we have since cancelled our contract with them and requested our money back, which they did approve, but we have yet to see our refund and that has been almost 3 mos. ago, and still no returned phone calls...THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED AND PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!! if anyone knows about a class action suit let me know, y0u can count me in... DARLA
 27th of Oct, 2008 by   carolyn verdusco +1 Votes
i payed over 3000 dollors to have represent me and they made an agreement with the irs that i needed to pay the full amount
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   Shawn K. 0 Votes
Has anyone ben able to get help with this becuase i could use some!
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Glenn +1 Votes
I have the same situation as most of you with JK Harris. I would definately like to have a law suit against them. If someone out there is willing, I will participate.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Chuck +1 Votes
I also completely agree with this company being a scam and would love to get back what I deserve. I have invested almost 12, 000 to them and again they have done nothing and I can never even get a call back. If i do finally get ahold of them they have an attitude like I am putting them out or something. Meanwhile my debt owed is increasing daily because nothing is really being done by this joke/scam company. We need to all get together somehow and put this scam ass company out of business and get back what we deserve for all the pain, suffering, and stress of believing and dealing with this crap. I again can't believe this is dealt with in this societywhen other get in trouble for much less. If anyone has ideas or want to join together to do something please get ahold of me..
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Ben Moody +1 Votes
I to was scammed by the crooks at JK Harris for $1500. I would be pleased to join in any legal action against them.
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Reinhard +1 Votes
We have paid J.K. Harris around $ 7, 000 up front for services to be provided in connection with filing an Offer in Compromise. The sales person in Mesa, Arizona looked at our information and told us that our case is a cut and dry situation. No problem whatsoever, J.K. Harris will take care of our tax problems. She told us the IRS is looking to settle old tax liabilities (of course with J.K. Harris' help) in order to bring people current so they can get back on track. Sounds good if you are looking for some help with your back taxes. We signed on the dotted line, bought some additional small business services (which we did not need) and forked over the money. This was in Oct. of 07. We sent all the papers they requested and then things started to get increasingly difficult. Our case manager changed so far I think 4 times. I have sent so far 3 Power Of Attorney to them for each State and IRS. Countless letters and faxes I have sent have been lost in the "mail room". I have tried over and over to get information where we stood in the whole process without ever getting any answers. I have asked for guidance what I can or should do on my own to further the process, of course with no response.
A few weeks ago I received a letter from the IRS asking for all kind of additional information concerning my case with a Dec. 2 deadline to respond.. I send a copy to my case manager (Express Mail) for her to respond only 5 days later. I collected all the information and forwarded it to J.K.Harris for their review and to send it on to the IRS, including a check for $ 150 for the application for an OIC. J.K.Harris never told me about this fee during the last year I have been at this. Everything was sent again via Express Mail. A few days later I got a call from my case manager that the mail room people cant find the check and that several documents are missing (they were sent, I have the copies). By the way, this was the third check that has been misplaced or outright lost in their mailroom. Today is Dec. 03, my papers have not been sent to the IRS so far. My case manager took off several days over Thanksgiving and did not get back till the 2nd of Dec., therefore nothing got done or sent.
So today I called the IRS agent assigned to my case, as nothing was done by J.K.Harris. I talked to the agent for about 30 - 40 min. The conclusion after this very informative conversation was, that I got screwed by J.K. Harris. The sales person misrepresented what they could do for us and basicly flat out lied about the chances of achieving an OIC. An OIC is granted very rarely by the IRS and to qualify you must meet some very stringent and unusual conditions (real tragedy must have struck your life). The IRS will try first and foremost to collect as many funds as possible. They may put you on a payment schedule but they will persue you for up to 10 years to collect as much as they can (unless you can pay up before that).
Whoever reads this, do not ever sign up with J.K.Harris, you will get screwed out of your money and never receive the services promised. See your local CPA for advise, you will be better off. There are law suits by various States, class action lawsuits and suit by individuals against this company, just check the internet.
I don't know how they can be allowed to keep on operating, feeding off people who are already down and desperate. They sell hope to people by lying about how they will help. They got me and thousands of others. I just hope that somehow they will be stopped and held accountable.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   Dan +1 Votes
I stand as another victim of this fraud. I am in Pensacola Florida and met with a local representative who told me we were a cut and dry case as well and would not pay the IRS over $500. I have been assigned to seven various represntatives with each one knowing nothing of my case. All information had to be sent in again. I was finally put on a conference call with my so called attorney representing JK Harris and he even told the IRS agent that he had none of my financial information in front of him. In the end I was told by the IRs that I did not qualify for a settlement. I have now hired a Real tax attorney who has shown me the laws and JK Harris should have known I did not qualify and never hired me. There are IRS guidlines that determine right up front if you qualify or not. I also paid JK Harris to do my taxes in 2007 and found out they did them wrong and I had to pay extra because of that. This company is nothing but a lie and a fraud. DO NOT HIRE THEM. If anyone has been successful or would like to put together a class action lawsuit I will be glad to join. You can reach me at DLIVIN1212@aol.com
 7th of Jun, 2009 by   Lynndee Ichikawa +1 Votes
My story is duplicate to all above. I "discovered" JK Harris on the IRS website six years, ago. After all these years, and paying them $5, 000.00, I received a letter from the IRS two weeks ago that JK Harris was no longer representing me.
I was stunned. I immediately Googled JK Harris and found all these complaints and class action suits.

I discovered that JK Harris has been charged with fraud in 18 states, and there are "numerous" class action suits against them.

My first question is, why was the IRS promoting JK Harris by allowing them to have a link on their website?
I am interested in joining a class action suit, and will do what ever is necessary to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Please e-mail me at nani@zookphoto.com
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   Dan +1 Votes
JK Harris is a total fraud. They take your money and do absolutely nothing but pass you from one representative to another. They use the excuse that the agents have been promoted to a new position or left the company. Each time you get a new agent they know nothing about your case and you have to send all your inforamtion again. I am interested in joining any lawsuit possible against them.
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   Ben +2 Votes
I want to join the suit, I have been robbed by Jk Harris ...Please Please contact me and give me the information for the lawyers to sue them

Ben Wilcox