International Award Payment Center

Scam

International Award Payment Center
1401 Armour Road Suite 300
Kansas City, Missouri
My wife received an letter today, stating that if she would send $9.00, she would get $15, 000.00 check. I instantly thought SCAM.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category SMS Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

19th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
How do I stop these letters coming to my house, I have 2 letters sent to me, 1 yesterday for $25.00 I would win $15, 000.00 and today another letter win $20, 000.00 with judges signing the letters. I dont know how they got my name and address.
Thanks.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
i received the same letter, is this a scam
 31st of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
i just don't know why people would do this, when so many people now days are having such a hard time financially
 14th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
they got me with the same letter to something should be done with people like this
 14th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
yes i received a letter in the mail saying that i could receive a check for 15, 000.00.i have to pay a fee of $9.00 to get this money .you are full of baloney. if a people wins a sweepstakes they don't pay anything.if you win they send you the money in form of a cashier's check from their bank.i'm a woman fron westport, tennesee and i'm very sart.you don't py to recieve wnnings from a sweepstakes.if yu don't send me my money will get a lawyer.a person doesn't pay to get mnoney. anna cary westport, tennessee p.o. box 4/.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
yes i received a letter in the mail saying that i could receive a check for $15, 000.00i have to pay a fee of $9.00 to get this money.you are full of boloney.if a person wins a sweepstakes they don't pay anything.if you winthey send you the money in form of a cashier's check from their bank. i'm a woman from westport tennessee and i'm very smart.you don't pat to receive winnings from a sweepstakes..if you don't send me my money i will get a lawyer.a person doesn't pay to get money.anna cary from westport, tenessee p.o. box 4
 10th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
this is a common scam of disreputable companies that are only out to rip off the little guy. Having recently retiring from the postal service you will notice that the postage on these letters is first class. Upon delivery attempt the carrier must do 1 of 3 things - deliver it, send it through the forwards, or mark it as undeliverable and return it. Since it is 1st class, it is not considered junk mail. If it is a good forward then the co. will get your new address. What anyone who gets any 1st class mail they don't want, then they should endorse the envelope, without being opened, as refused and return to your carrier. This way they can legally return it to the people that sent it to you. This co. is on a mission to scam $9 & up of as many people as they can. Ask yourself this one little question, how many people out of every thousand will send in this kind of small money to win a good sizeable amount? If you think about it, they don't even want to give you a list of names of winners. Even publishers clearing house does that!!! You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than this scam. Hope this helps some of you make up your mind (preferably all of you).
 10th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have got the same problems for years.
It is annoying and disturbing!
 2nd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I received a confirmed guaranteed win of 1, 000, 000.00 today from and a chance to win
15, 000.00 with a 1080 qualifying question with a payment fee request of 9.00 I wonder how much money they spend sending all this mail out there must be an awful lot of naive and gull-able people out there because I figure if I'd won some money why would I have to pay to get it, and why couldn't they subtract the payment fee from my winnings. lol
 15th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'm always getting letters from The International Award Payment center. I know it's a scam and I wish they would STOP!!!
 7th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I received the same letter requesting $9 for a !!!chance!!! to win $15, 000. I ask myself the same question, why would I pay you to give me money, just take the fee out of the $15, 000.

DJf