Standale, Michigan
Independent Bank needs to revise their overdraft protection policy. The location in Standale is located near Grand Valley State University and has many first-time bankers and the worst policy for correcting errors on your account. You are only allowed until the end of THEIR business day to transfer funds or deposit funds into you account to avoid overdraft fees. Many peope are in class, take the bus, have unconventional working hours, etc...where they are unable to rectify any errors. In addition, the majority of their staff is helpful, but Vickie Henley was extremely rude and unprofessional when my mom and I attempted to fix a situation in which they charged almost $200.00 in fees after I went through the ATM and transferred funds to cover a negative checking account balance and then deposited $60.00 into my savings account. She was unfamiliar with standard banking practices, lied to my face and over the phone and practiced extremely poor customer service. I would not recommend Independent Bank to anyone that has a life outside of watching their account!!
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks
Was the above complaint useful?

16th of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes

Independent Bank - Unauthorized funds from bank account!

There was money taken from my bank account in the amount of 49.95 +27.00 over draft fee please put it bank in my account you had no permission to take it out.
 7th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Independent Bank - always messing with my account
Bay City

They are always chargeing me for unsuffient funds or messing my account up. I have been in the bank a number of times where other customers have been upset over their account. They need to be more customer friendly and get more experianced people working for them.
 15th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
"Independent Bank needs to revise their overdraft protection policy."

Wrong. You need to revise your spending habits. Don't write checks or use a debit card against unavailable funds.

Contact Us