logo

McDonalds Malaysia
Wrong order
4. (24 mins ago)
Care.com
Misrepresentation of qualified child caregivers
5. (49 mins ago)
Bata India (Hush Puppies)
Sole Torn apart (from centre) of newly purchased shoes

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Indeed.com Complaints & Reviews - This website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website

Indeed.com Contacts & Informations

Indeed.com

Posted: 2011-03-31 by    Girimen

This website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website

Indeed.com
indeed.com
I use indeed.com to look for work. But lately, this website has disappointed me. I would see what company is hiring, and go and get an application. But when I go to get an application, the employer would tell me they are not hiring and never was. Like for example, I went to CVS to apply for two jobs that were listed in indeed.com, and I went to the manager to introduce myself and get a job application. But he told me that indeed.com always places them on their website telling people they are hiring, when really they are not hiring at all. This website shouldn't even be online. I feel they are a scam job website.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2011 by   Sophie Beaurpere -1 Votes
Hello,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this job search result on Indeed. Indeed indexes jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. Sometimes one of these sites keep outdated job opportunities listed on their sites and in turn are indexed by Indeed. Do you happen to know the website the job was posted on? If you can tell me the site then we can have our aggregation team look into this issue and make sure we're no longer indexing old opportunities.

Sincerely,
Sophie Beaurpere
Director of Communications
 25th of Apr, 2012 by   Jaycee2000 0 Votes
I was stupid to upload my resume to your website 3 weeks ago. A friend of mine did a job search on yahoo for the position I'm in and my name and title came up. You click on the link and my full resume is shown. I deleted my resume from indeed.com website, but the link is still shown and when you click under cache my resume is still shown. Need this fix, my identity is compromised.
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   bilal.fazlani 0 Votes
I am facing the same problem..
This is privacy breach..
 5th of May, 2012 by   indeed scam +1 Votes
Indeed.com is a scam! I am a former affiliate of indeed and they never paid me my commissions despite me contacting them several times and despite being over 6 months late on my commissions. They already have a stupid affiliate program where an affiliate has to wait every 3 months (quarterly) just to get paid -- and I waited patiently and still didn't get paid my affiliate commissions I earned dated back to 2011. Indeed.com is a scam company. Beware!
 1st of Aug, 2012 by   Deny13 +1 Votes
I completely agree! I thought this website was legit, but I found myself experiencing the same nonsense that you all experienced. My boyfriend was unemployed like so many people are in this society, he went on this website and ended up getting scammed by the supposed employer. Currently he isn't in a great position financially because of the repercussions of this site! I really wished Indeed had someplace on their website where you could complain about the fraudulent employment opportunities!
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   jasnw +1 Votes
I believe this is a scam website. Indeed.com is the main landing site of the thousands upon thousands of recruitment spam posts on linkedin. I reported the links to them as the links appear to be affiliate links. however there has been no response from them and faux affiliate links are typical of spammers.
 18th of Sep, 2012 by   KARMAgoesaroundcomesaround! 0 Votes
Indeed.com Is a SCAM website I want to spread the word!!! They are hard to contact, I tried to contact them because they charged me two times for placing one add. They never contacted me back, there's not even a tab on the website to delete your account. So all my information they still have, I also got charged again this morning for that same add. Don't affiliate yourself with this website!
 25th of Oct, 2012 by   South Florida 0 Votes
Wondering about a job that was post on indeed "arthena company - Fisher Island, FL"...30 seconds after I submitted my resume I got a poorly written email, that indicated my resume had been reviewed and an interview will be conducted tomorrow. HOWEVER, the interview will not be via telephone but yahoo instant messenger, and I should add the names(s) of the hiring managers to my contact list. Of course, I did not such thing. Just wondering if anyone know anything about this company and is it a scam.
 25th of Oct, 2012 by   KARMAgoesaroundcomesaround! 0 Votes
Yes like I posted before and as you see of the other posts above they scammed me, so I'm sure its a scam! You can't even contact them directly you only have the option to leave a voice mail when you call
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   Roger G 0 Votes
I came across a job listed as Front Desk on Indeed.com. Clicking on the job sent me to a website, Foreign Policy Association. The job was posted on their website and had contact information. I was told to use yahoo messenger to contact them after they sent me a reply to my email. I contacted them through yahoo and discovered that they were not associated with the FPA or the url that was listed as the website...Do not visit site mnninc.us...
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   Angrierman 0 Votes
Definitely a scam site, Barker Ross Darlington recruiting elactricians to install solar panels, but want £60 for CRB check. Contact persons name is Danny Longstorm . Taking advantage of genuine people seeking employment.
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   patjohnson425 0 Votes
I was employed by US Global Mail to do some shipping from home, the pay was $40.00 per package for the first 30 days and after the 30 days, to receive $1, 900.00 weekly shipping out 3 to 5 packages a day. I shipped out 5 packages all to Russia s/h was paid by Us Global, I was told that I would receive payment on April 17th.When I didn't receive my pay, I attempted to contact David Wilson whom I had been dealing with and got no responds. No one would answer the phones nor return my emails.
I got this job from the Indeed job board and check into the company and found that it is a creditable company. However US Global contacted me today and said they don't now and never have had a David Wilson employed for them.
all I'm after is the $200.00owed to me by the company.
 7th of May, 2013 by   mel555 0 Votes
I applied for a job titled "personal assistant". I received emails from a "Harry James", as well as someone texting me to see if I read the emails. The emails are written in poor English and don't make a lot of sense. It appears they are asking a potential employee to follow up on two local companies who have had recent complaints, on of them being Western Union. They ask you to have money wired to a destination of their choice and then they will pay you 10%. You are to evaluate the customer service at Western Union. Obviously a SCAM. I guess we have to be careful.
 30th of Jun, 2013 by   shortiitlx 0 Votes
I am a college student currently looking for a job so I chose indeed. Let me tell you there are definately scam companies posting jobs on that website. I was a so called employee for a computer company and I had to do data entry work. The company sent me a check to deposit in my account and I did. However my bank cleared $200 of that check and the company told me to use that $200 for the computer supplies that I never received. Then about two weeks later the check completely bounced even the $200 that my bank had cleared ahead of time. So my bank took the $200 out of my savings account and the company has yet to reimburse me. Long story short this job listing was posted on indeed and it was a scam company that took $200 from me. Beware of emails from Christopher Bailey at cbhireduties@outlook.com it's a scam.
 4th of Jul, 2013 by   vijay2 0 Votes
indeed is a job scam website
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   Alex Gil 0 Votes
Indeed's review on company's are suspect as well.
Kind of like even how Yelp is biased to any company that will pay them enough to remove negative reviews.
I would not be the least bit surprised if somebody is either writing reviews for these companies and or editing them for content.
 18th of Aug, 2013 by   prof nick 0 Votes
Indeed is suspect indeed. After 7 months in a diligent search for a job, I've received about a dozen responses saying, " after reviewing your qualifications we are moving on to other candidates". The rest, 600 plus resumes sent, never responded to my inquiry. Just for informational purposes germane to this posting, my background includes two post-graduate degrees (Masters & Doctorate). So, imagine my chagrin and utter dismay when you calculate as I did the insignificant and non-responses. Finally, I contacted some of the companies which did not respond. Alas, they had a myriad of ridiculous excuses which made no sense at all. Run fast and run far indeed from indeed.com.
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   ProfessorE 0 Votes
Husband responded to a job posting on Indeed.com looking for a caregiver for an elderly woman. It turned out to be one of those check-cashing wire fraud schemes. Fortunately, he knew something wasn't right & didn't fall for it. I was searching for a link to report the problem job listing, but there is none. What kind of legitimate jobs site doesn't have some means of reporting issues?
 28th of Sep, 2013 by   disappointedjobseeker 0 Votes
I agree that Indeed is a scam - I believe they forward resumes to online predators. Be Leery of any of the job postings on Indeed . I just reported a fraud situation with a Company from Indeed that was trying to obtain my Bank Account Info - The Co. is drudgeryandchores at danielrealitysolutions.com . Beware this predator is searching for a Personal Assistant - claiming that he is out of the Country . After extensive research this business does not exists. Having family in law enforcement prompted me to copy all emails and text message and reported to the FBI -
 25th of Oct, 2013 by   Mrs. A Miller 0 Votes
I posted my resume on indeed.com and received several emails... one of the jobs i applied to was an office assistant with Rosas supplies.. a few days later i got an email from Kimberly stating that i meet the qualifications, and that she would like to move forward... i emailed her back i was interested in the position. The next day she sent me an email stating what my Job duties would be which included general office work... but when i got to the part where she said she was in new zealand and needed me to run errands for her til she gets back on November 20th, that's when i became suspicious... she then emailed me asking to exchange info and blah blah blah, and that she will be sending a $3200 check she wants me to deposit so that i can run errands for her. She said give it 24 hours to clear then go withdraw $2200 and send it through money gram to a Shannon Palluchi in the philippines, then use $150 for supplies for her when she gets back then $150 for me... CLEARLY A SCAM, i have a habit of googling everything... i googled Shannon and found nothin but a overseas famous athlete... i googled Kimberly rosas and her so called company and of course came up with nothin...the job posting isn't even up anymore... that's how i found the reviews for indeed by googling... but i never responded to her about receiving the check and she keeps emailing me, so i finally blocked her... I've been out of work 3 years due to being disabled, my Dr. Finally clears me so i can at least do a part-time job...and indeed.com is screwing people smh

Houses: Rent or Own?