logo

$37

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

In-Line-Tube Complaints & Reviews - An expensive lesson learned!

In-Line-Tube Contacts & Informations

In-Line-Tube

Posted:    rjn

An expensive lesson learned!

Hello car enthusiasts,

My story is about a company called In-Line-Tube ( 15066 Technology Drive, Shelby Township, MI, 48315)....I am restoring a 1958 Plymouth Fury to original condition. Acquiring parts for this car has been a long and dreaded task. I decided to use In-Line-Tube "CNC computer pre-formed tube" stainless fuel and brake lines and I ordered and received them in 2002...Fast forward to 2006.....as the frame is being reassembled, I retrieve the "still new in the box "(but 4 year old) brake and fuel lines. I took them out of the box and matched them to my ORIGINAL lines. Upon inspection, the front brake line and the main fuel line are not correct.

I called In-Line-Tube and explained to them that these lines sat in storage for almost 4 years while I was working on the car. Upon their request, I sent the original receipt and pictures of my original lines next to their line to show them the mistake. Their response was because it was such a long time ago, that I could send the lines back and at the very least, I would have to pay the shipping, at the worst, I would have to send my original lines to them and pay them to make me new ones. I asked what difference did the time frame matter, when it's clear that the line were not bent to factory specs? They said that THEIR line were CORRECT and it was possible they were also made( with the mistake) for a convertible. Only one hole in that theory....They never made a convertib le Fury in 1958!, Only a 2 door hardtop. Well, as you can guess, the story ends here. They refused to do anything about the situation and I would have to cut these lines in order to make them fit properly....An expensive lesson learned.

You can e mail me if you would like to discuss this matter.

Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More In-Line-Tube complaints
In-Line-Tube - Wrong lines, no service!

Comments

3rd of May, 2009 by   Wrp 0 Votes
I think the lesson to be learned is "Don't wait four years to check out your purchase" it's not fair to expect any Vendor to provide warranty for the customer failure to perform.
 23rd of Dec, 2009 by   1976 chevy down 0 Votes
Well my complaint is very fresh about this company out of Shelby, Mi called inline tube. I purchased a proportioning valve for my 1976 chevy pickup and was installed within 1 day of receiveing it. 3months down the road i discover the valve from inline was faulty or went bad and after contacting inline they wanted me to send the valve back so they could test it and determine whether it was bad or not. Well i didnt have time for my truck to sit still while they screwed around with the part not to mention the time it would take to get the replacement back. I ended up getting a valve from the junk yard and now my truck is fine. I didnt mention that because of the valve i had added expenses such as brake pads and replace the caliper because of the constant pressure of the valve the it put on the caliper causing it to stick. Im a salesperson myself and sometimes for the sake of the customer you have to take a loss and do the right thing and eat service. If inline would have said send me the valve back and i will put another valve in route to u immediately as an attempt to resolve my issue then i would have been satisfied but to make me wait because they were scared they would have gotten stuck for $85 dollars is petty not to mention an complaint to the BBB on their files. Dont do business with inline tube 15066 Technology Drive Shelby, MI 48315 they dont stand behind their product and will not do a refund on them either.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   wrench 0 Votes
I have had very good experiences with this company. I rebuilt my 76 GMC several years back using all stainless brake and fuel line made by these guys. Everyone knows there are several different configurations on most vehicles when it comes to plumbing. I checked the new lines against the old ones as soon as I received them. These guys corrected a problem out of the box without hesitation. The lines look beautiful to this day and fit perfectly.
I hope you'll give these guys another chance.
 12th of Sep, 2010 by   hasty one 0 Votes
I bought stainless steel brake and fuel lines for my '87 Buick Grand National from In-Line Tube. Parts were excellent, service was excellent, they were able to answer questions I had about my car. First-class guys as far as I'm concerned.
 13th of May, 2011 by   InLineTube has poor service 0 Votes
I bought one InLine Tubes TLF02 45deg double flare tool (which is actually an Imperial 93-FB tool for $85. I made two successful practice runs on spare SS tubing before actually going to flare the SS brake line kit I bought from them. When I performed the 1st phase of the flare (immediately before the flare button shouldered on the Flaring Bar, The Flare button cracked from OD to center. Needing to finish the job, I was forced to go to Autozone to pickup a OEM brand double flaring tool for $19. It was more rigidly built and allowed the use of turning with a socket wrench and finished four remaining flares to complete the job flawlessly. The only reason I bought the more expensive tool from InLine tube was they assured me the quality was better and it was made in America. I care to differ as the quality of a Taiwanese tool far outlasted the crap made by Imperial and retailed through InLine Tube. I called InLine Tube to discuss the dissatisfaction with product quality and request a replacement button and at least the $19 cost I had to spend on another tool to finish the job. Both James and his supervisor Bob were very rude and unwilling to stand behind the products they sell. I also asked their last names so I could take up with James and John Kryta (owners). They were very rude and refused to give their last names. I then called Imperial to let them know about the excessive price and poor product performance of their Double flare tool, and rude behaviour of their retailers. Their receptionists was very helpful and gave me the Ph# for the regional rep for the Michigan region, who by the way still hasn't returned the call.

This was a hard lesson to learn but perhaps if I didn't by SS brake tubes from InLine tube I wouldn't have had to cut/adjust/flare 4 of the 7 tubes in the Kit.

InLine Tube nor Imperial Tool (i.e. Stride Tool Inc) will be receiving any more of my business as they give American Products & Service a very Bad reputation.

PS. The OEM 25358 Double Flare Tool that I picked up from Autozone for $19 has proven to be an outstanding product that is more solidly built and not overpriced like the $85 Imperial/InLine tube product.
 13th of May, 2011 by   InLineTube has poor service 0 Votes
Classic Tube makes a much better product and stands behind what they sell without the attitude of InLine Tube.
 15th of Jun, 2012 by   rt1 0 Votes
Another unhappy customer. After dealing with similar companies, you will find much better customer service -AND- made in the USA parts!
Avoid.
 15th of Aug, 2012 by   blm21 0 Votes
Well I am another unsatisfied customer of Inline Tube. I purchased all new stainless steel brake lines and transmission lines for my 2000 Silverado. Had problems from the beginning. The reason I purchased from them is in big red letters at the top of their website it says "All Orders Shipped Within 24 Hours " well I suggest you read the fine print because it took them 8 days to ship my order. Then 2 of the brake lines weren't for my vehicle. Inline Tube replaced those two lines but that lengthened an already timely issue. The big punch came with the transmission lines. two of the three lines were fine but one of the lines had the flairs on both ends too large and the line would not install. Inline Tube refused to exchange the line even after I shipped it back to them for inspection. Their attitude was there could not possibly be anything wrong with the line even though the flair on the original line was .023 smaller and an identical flair on a line that Inline checked in their shop was .047 smaller than the flair on my defective line. I was told many inconsistencies by the employees of Inline Tube. Not a single person at Inline Tube that I talked to could tell me the specification for the flair on their 3/8 stainless trans line. My response was if they didn't know the spec then how could they tell if it was too big or too small.
The bottom line is they refused to stand behind their product and I was forced to buy a second line from an alternate source when I had already paid Inline Tube for an incorrect part. Also as a side note during my dealings with Inline Tube regarding this defective part I was placed on hold for periods up to 20 minutes at a time and was spoken to in a rude and dismissing manner from some employees.
 20th of May, 2013 by   desperota 0 Votes
Inline tube screwed up an order! As with any car restoration the builder assembles and disassembles several times. I put all the hard brake lines in bending and fitting as necessary and left everything finger tight. I placed several orders so as not to kill the budget and to see how things went together. When I got ready to tighten all the lines both hard and flexible is where the trouble began. Two of the hard lines would not tighten into the the line fitting used to connect the hard line to the flexible line. I called and spoke to several reps. They said just tighten and loosen the fittings and they will bed. I said I am so tight they may snap. I was told "cause they are stainless this happens once a week at least." I went back loosened everything and did as instructed. Stripped the hard line fittings! Called several times and was finally told they sent the wrong fittings! I was PROMISED new line and fittings! Over a month and still nothing! They promise to return calls, invoice numbers, shipping dates. NOTHING!!! They make every excuse including computer failure. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS! They could give a rat's behind.by Desperota
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   62NovaConv 0 Votes
I ordered a set of brake lines on 8/17/13 from Chuck at In Line Tube. I was promised two days in the making, two days to ship, and will be at my doorstep sometime the following week. Chuck was aware timing was critical. I called on Friday 8/23/13 when the parts were not delivered as promised and waited on hold for 20 minutes. I spoke with Chris who informed me my parts had been shipped to a Mass address, despite my address being in Missouri, to a someone who was not even a customer. Chris had no explanation, but suggested first was my fault and then it was Fed X after I pointed out my invoice had the correct shipping address. Chris was aware I was now more than anxiously awaiting the parts and I inquired about new delivery date. I was assured, twice, the package was to be picked up at the wrong address and would be at my address by Monday. On the following Tuesday, 8/27/13 after no package arrived I called, waited 20 minutes on the phone and spoke with Chuck, who said there was no record of my parts being shipped to the wrong address, but Chuck would speak to Chris and call be back. An hour later when Chris called me back I was informed my parts would not be delivered until Friday 8/30/13 due to the fact they were being shipped by fed x ground service (no I am sorry, KMA, or anything). To top all of this, when I reminded Chris of his promise to have the package they sent to the wrong address at my door by the following Monday, Chris insulted me by denying the conversation and pleaded ignorant the package had been reshipped via Ground service. Upon getting the Fed X tracking info, I find the original package had been shipped overnight delivery (to the wrong address) and then was scheduled by In LIne Tube (Chris) to be reship ground. This confirms Chris finds it hard to tell the truth. Thanks In Line Tube.

I cannot express my disappointment with In Line Tube enough. This was poor customer service to say the least and an personnel insult to boot, not to mention the inconvenience I have put me through by not having my vehicle operating by no fault of my own. I now have my expectations low for the quality of their product based on poor customer service. If the guy on the phone disrespects the customer, why should the shop tech do any better? Next time its CLASSIC TUBE.
 25th of Dec, 2013 by   dataway 0 Votes
This is a sketchy company. Look at their ebay sales. In the auction titles they claim parts are "NOS", in the description they mention once that they are reproduction parts but include numerous phrases to imply they are "original" parts, or made by the same company as originals, or manufactured by Inline tube, when in reality they are the same foreign made parts as everyone else. They make lots of unsubstantiated claims about their parts being the "correct" parts for a restoration when in most cases they are the same Chinese junk being sold everywhere. They have some decent products, but their attitude in everything they do, even in their advertising has the same feel of a 1950's Used Car Salesman. They claim to manufacture their own parts ...true with the various lines they sell ...but a blatant falsehood for 90% of their other parts.
 30th of Mar, 2014 by   joe prince 0 Votes
I Agree Do not buy from INLINE TUBE !!! Chuck, Jake and Chris this is not the way to sell product if you want repeat customers. I

purchased $2500.00 in brake parts . They sent the wrong parts and would not send me the correct

parts unless I paid for the parts again even though they admitted it was their mistake $180.00 plus $40.00 shipping, also they wanted

me to pay double the price for the parts . The Right Stuff Detailing (their competitor) sells for$ 99.00 I have yet to finish the car without

these parts .

Were have been in the the automotive business for 26 years and this is not how we do business !!!

We look forward to seeing them at SEMA

20th of Jun, 2014 by   2nd Generation Restoration 0 Votes
Stainless steel flexible brake hoses are junk too!
 20th of Jun, 2014 by   2nd Generation Restoration 0 Votes
It's a cheap outfit. I think they are LMC TRUCK. I would make it reflect and call LMC TRUCK to complain about them also.
 20th of Jun, 2014 by   2nd Generation Restoration 0 Votes
It's a cheap outfit. I think they are LMC TRUCK. Make it reflect by complaining to LMC TRUCK also.
 26th of Jun, 2014 by   Ewel Smith 0 Votes
I as well got hosed by this company, parts when restoring a car don't get used right away. They know this and it gets them past warranting stuff. Terrible place to do business with.
Inline tube is a joke. .
 30th of Sep, 2014 by   John St. Paul 0 Votes
In line tube sent me some brake lines in July for my Chevelle. I went to put them in today, the end of September at a friends shop and none of the lines are correct. I contacted them today and spoke with Jake...I told him my dilemma about the car being at a friends shop and I wanted new correct lines shipped out today. He said he couldn't send new ones out until I sent the old ones back. Thus wait five to six days for the new ones while my car takes up someone's floor space. He also said I would be responsible for shipping even though it was their mistake. I offered to give him my credit card number to send new lines out today and to charge my account if they did not receive the old lines from me. He proceeded to tell me he cannot do that. Then to top it off he hung up on me. I tried calling back and was placed on hold for over thirty minutes. I was then transferred to his voice mail. I tried calling again and same thing. The are great about taking your order and getting your money but have horrible after the sale customer service. Their BBB rating is a F!
 21st of Oct, 2014 by   Jack Crabb 0 Votes
I placed an order from Inline Tube on eBay some time ago. I watched and waited for the item but it never arrived. After about one week, I get an email saying "Sorry, we don't have this in stock" and they refund my purchase. Mind you, when I purchased the item on eBay, it clearly showed multiple items available.

So I left them a negative review. Which I feel is warranted.

Fast forward to this last week. I decide to try Inline Tube again so I try and make a purchase on eBay. I get the message "You can not bid or purchase from Inlinetube because you do not meet their bidder requirements" They literally blocked my ID and I can not purchase from them! How childish and petty.

Needless to say, I will not buy any of their products through their resellers or directly with them.

Stay away!