logo

Choice Home Warranty
Non payment for repairs
2. (3 mins ago)
Choice Home Warranty
Fraud, failure to pay, lying
3. (10 mins ago)

Posted:    Luke

Scam and cheating

Impact Training
impacttrainings.com
Family of 35 years wrecked by impact cult activities. Unreal the damages this institution causes although they say the opposite. My sister and her husband of 35 years are breaking up over this cult.

She has always been the family first person of all time, now she has no time for her husband, 5 children, and 13 grandchildren. she spends her ever waking moment at impact. she works their for pennies at best. on her days off she is working. when she is home, she is alway on the phone with some type of impact emergency.

she is divorcing, has little contact if any with her children, and grandchildren. call and talk to her and she well tell you she is doing awesome.

lets see, you've lost your husband of 35 years, denounced your religion, quit associating with your family and friends, but you claim your are doing awesome.

hope i can live to skip the awesomeness of impact cults.
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Impact Training complaints
Impact Training - lies

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009 by   Jealousy and lies from wannabe's -2 Votes
I have been through Impact recently and graduated through Lift Off. It is definitely NOT an cult. If you really want to go to a cult - go to church. Your sister is probably in her heaven on earth - enjoying herself instead of being the one always servicing both her husband and all her brood with no time for her. She is accountable for living this way and now she is taking action within herself to be HAPPY. This complaint is ridiculous - no one FORCES anyone to stay in Impact unless they want to - everyone has a choice to leave and those who stay benefit greatly - they get THEMSELVES back. Impact Training is something that everyone should go through so that more love can enter this world instead of the blame, distrust, hatred and fear that is so polluting our communities and families. I say BRAVO to this courageous woman to finally embrace HER happiness so she can LIVE instead of most likely feeling invisible to the rest of the world.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Keep it real +2 Votes
I've also been through impact trainings... and felt uncomfortable a lot. The comment before mine by "Jealousy and lies from wannabe's" is the brainwashed result of the program... congratulating a woman for 'breaking her word' to her family. Isn't impact all about 'keeping your word'? Hypocrisy is the 'word of the day' at impact.

Especially Hans, the jackass who cares more about his business than people. It's no wonder the first presidency denounced these things back in 2001.

If you've been to impact, does this look familiar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E. Yeah, no particular religion involved... a cult is about psychological tactics.

A blog that summarizes my feeling on the whole subject is found here: http://impacttrainingscritic.com/ Each post is well thought out and worth a read.
 13th of May, 2009 by   Somebody, fill me in!? +1 Votes
Had a family member go through Impact. I am really bothered by the secretcy. I mean, this person has been gone for DAYS until late hours of the night, and can't tell me a thing about what is going on. I feel like the Impact family is replacing our own family. Can someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!?!?!?!??! Is this a cult? Should I be worried about moral issues? I just want to know WHAT? Run me through a day at Quest. What is soooooo important that I can't know about??

Maybe this program can do some good for those who go through it, but to the family and friends who do NOT go through... I feel sorry for them. They are the ones who are hurt most and made to feel not good enough. Is it worth it? It seems very selfish to me.
 13th of May, 2009 by   The Truth -1 Votes
You really never know what people are complaining about. This is one of the only comments where I could actually trace it back to who said it. Most of them are anonymous and you don't have any idea of the truth of what they are saying. But in this case, I'll fill you in because I know the person they are talking about.
First off, she is not divorced. She is currently raising her brother's two children and if they were to split up (and they have talked about it), he would have to take them back and he doesn't want that. It is not Impact that has gotten in the way of his family; it his drugs, alcohol, prostitution and prison that gotten in the way of his family. There are the facts, but notice how easy it is to blame others. And notice how convincing his complaint sounded. Divorce in a complex thing. Over half the couples in the US end in divorce and it’s can't be solved or blamed on a 4 day training. If people would start looking inside for the answers, instead of blaming everyone around them, maybe we could actually start to lower the divorce rate and heal families.
 13th of May, 2009 by   The Truth -1 Votes
Reply to Somebody fill me in!?

The web is a terrible place to get this kind of answer. Most of the people who would respond to questions like yours have an underling agenda (an ax to grind). And will use you and your family as a means to strike out. As I read your question, the concern appears to be how do you stay close to your family member and will this hurt your family. If that is your concern then the best place to answer that question is with your family, not on the web. Go talk to your family member. Let them know that you are concerned because you don't know what’s going on. Let them talk and listen. If they don’t want to talk about what they did, respect that and ask them something different like what did you learn? What do you experience different after going through? How do you feel? (things like that) Be careful to stay out of judgment. If you start regurgitating things from the web and they don't match your family member’s experience of Impact, you will be making them wrong and will drive a wedge deeper between the two of you. But if you stay open, you may find out exactly what they are experiencing (even if they don't tell you what they did. Besides, you probably are more concerned with how the program is impacting them then you are about what they did each day)

And as for my two cents (and it may not even be worth that because you don't know me) Impact is a wonderful program. It is a for profit seminar business. It is designed so that people experience (not read or talk about, but feel) their feelings and emotions (both the positive and negative ones) and each person gets to take a look at his own responses, how it effects them and how it effects others. Once they have tuned into that, they then have an opportunity to decide whether or not those emotions and feelings add or detract from the quality of their life. It is about letting go of the heavy, painful, victim feelings and replacing them with empowerment. Impact is about change. And you are the only one that can decide what that change is. Impact is not there to tell you what to feel, believe or think. They teach that you have your own answers (and mine probably wouldn't fit you because they are mine, not yours).
 20th of May, 2009 by   person 0 Votes
Wow, I'm amazed the "The Truth" is so certain that he/she knows the individual in this case when the web is so large, and so many people goes through Impact Trainings-- No, I doubt it.
I've had my wife, and her brother and sister attend Impact, and you know, I would trust them, if they would tell me what happens and goes on in there! But because they don't, I can't. From the little bit that I glean from them, it sounds like the other accounts on the internet are true. As for my wife, although she seemed to be better person the first day or two after (by better I mean happier and more enthusiastic about life), it wore off after that.
 28th of May, 2009 by   lisa -1 Votes
WOW!!! I've been thru Impact and it has ONLY made me a happier, kinder, more loving wife, mother, sister, daughter and human being. I don't judge others like I used to. I am much more involved in service thru out the world and doing my part to end suffering. If those are the definitions of a cult, well...I don't know what to say to that. I was NEVER asked to hand over my savings, or move up there to live with them. When it was over, it was up to me to go home and live a fulfilling and service oriented life. Their greatest message is to love one another!! That's it!! The secrecy stems from not wanting to rob others of the incredible experience that it is!! That's it!! GEEZ!!!
 28th of May, 2009 by   The Truth 0 Votes
Reply to "person"

You are correct, I am guessing, but if you read it carefully, there is only one person who fits all of those things (yes I know that thousands and thousands of people have gone through Impact), but only one fits what he is describing.
 28th of May, 2009 by   person 0 Votes
I would wonder if those around you would agree with your changes, Lisa. I know my wife would claim the change, but then there really wasn't any change (past a couple of days).
I agree with the service and loving others are great things! But is that what Impact is teaching? Does the first couple of days of trainings feel like they are being loving to you?
Also how far have you gone through? Quest, Summit, Lift-off, Trainer-inTrainings?
Anyways, a website I've found that has provided alot of information is www.rickross.com where you can read their processes, methods, and doctrine.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   ezzra +3 Votes
What goes on in impact trainings, well here is some of what I remember. I was punished for not turning off my cell phone and was made to stand in the back of the room for 4 hours and I am 58 years old that was hard. People are broken up in groups and have to solve a problem, later broken in groups again and you have to sing a solo in front of everyone weather you can sing or not (embarrasing). If you were an abused chiled, raped or other things you are told that is in the past and has no bearing on your life today, you sit across from your chosen buddy and scream what do you want and you tell them this is repeated over and over again. You get to dance which was alot of fun. They play really good music which was great. You get a chair kneel in front of it and pound on it and yell, cry, scream, getting out your emotions on someone who has done wrong to you in your life such as a parent who abused etc. You tell the trainer about something in your life he responds to that. You get a notebook and are told to wright about a certain subject. Everyone wonders around the room and you tell them to their face I trust you, or I don, t trust you. This is some of the things you experience. The first class is Quest it is for 4 days, you are told to commit not to smoke, drink alcahol, coffee and nothing that will stimulate you for energy you cant .take any kind of over the counter medicines, you can take perscription medications you have to wright them on paper and hand it to them. The rason for this is so your mind is clear. The class starts at nine am and goes usually until one and two in the morning, you hardly get sleep (sleep deprivation).
You can't eat or drink during sessions, you do get breaks but they are filled with wrighting assignments. You do get to go to lunch and dinner which are also filled with assignments discussions etc. You learn that you can call on deceased ancestors, parents, brothers, sisters etc and they will come to you to help you do what ever you upon them for and whenever you call them, that they will be there immediately. In mastery they do healings for instance they go to mountains and heal them. This should give you an idea of impact trainings.
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   DBM Sr -1 Votes
Oh My Goodness, the world is so full of negativity.To call it a cult is laughable. But love and light to you all. All they profess is undiscriminating love! I wish I could afford to send everyone I know. Afford? Yes. Even Dr.s and Therapists are in business. Daryl
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   friend of chris +2 Votes
I have a friend entrenched in the poison of impact, two things come to mind. The philosophies of men, mingled with scripture, and eat drink and be merry. For a program that promotes personal accountability it's members sure seem to point fingers and look down on others, much like those in the great and spacious building. I pray for my friend and his family to be free from its selfish self promoting teachings.
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   West_S -1 Votes
What I find interesting about some of these rants is that some unhappy consumers of the seminars evidently went back for more. Why would any rational person do that? I took the training twice. I thoroughly enjoyed the first seminar, so I attended the second. I disliked the second and never went back. I found some of the second training was bullying and silly, but I never saw any of the degradations described in earlier comments. I would have spoken up if any of the trainers crossed the line. It's called taking responsibility, for yourself and for others too. Anyone who felt abused or controlled, and chose to not leave, probably has serious issues unrelated to the happenings in these seminars.

It seemed to me that the kind of people who became most passionate about the organization were already very unhappy with their lives and were desperately seeking change. If we're honest, this is the state of many of us today. We often find ourselves living lives that lack meaning, and for the benefit of people who do not show care and commitment to us in return. For me, the training was about identifying who/what mattered most to me and restructuring my life appropriately. So I got closer to my family and friends. It's true, I saw other relationships die. But divorces happen all the time and almost none of those families attended these seminars.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   ExpatGirl -1 Votes
Through the trainings you can learn a lot however the experience that one has will be different for everybody. It truly depends on where you are at in your life and what has happened in your life. It is the same for anything we do..going to a restaurant, buying clothes, skiing. We all learn something but have different experiences. I have found them to be very beneficial to look at ones life and what they do and how it affects them and others. It is not easy and will definitely put you out of your comfort zone however that allows people to break free from many things.
One thing to remember THIS IS NOT SECRET. If you family don't tell you anything that is their choice..You can learn from the website what it talks about and what are the things they focus on each day. They don't tell you the process because let's say you decide to go or you hear something they do you think I wont' do that..then you wont show up. They don't want to ruin your experience as well give you preconceived ideas. Also all perceptions and experiences look different for everybody.
I know I was on the brink of divorce and had my husband and I not gone we would not be married today. Was it a roller coaster..oh yes..did I find out things about his past that he lied about..yes..however this was far better than counseling as that got us nowhere and they only take sides...through this we repaired our relationship, forgave eachother, and it is better than I could have imagined however why..because we made that CHOICE...this outcome may not look the same for others as everybody is different but we wanted to make it change and work and wanted to be together.
People who leave their religion after this really is a choice. I never found it to be contradicting with any religion and even the LDS one. The principals it teachers really are the fundamentals of any good values.
I have seen people change completely and keep the change. I have seen people go through it and not change and go back to the way they are.
How people react from the training is really nothing different from how they would act in any circumstance in their life. I don't think it is fair to blame the trainings or etc. as nobody is perfect. This is still a business that has a lot of benefits. If people don't like it and doesn't fit with what they want in their life then leave.
Their are many trainings..Steven Covey and what not and this price is about the same range or cheaper with the main difference being it is Experiential Education and you participate in activities that create a change and way to see it. It is like going in a seminar to learn how to snowboard and hear how exciting it is...well..the best way to learn to snowboard and feel that awesome experience is to do IT!!!
This isn't for people who think they are perfect and don't want to change. Let's face it we all have things we can improve on in life and do things that we don't realize hurt others or ourselves.
I have traveled a lot in the world, studied religions, been active in my religion, educated, seen war, starvation and many things. I can say that I don't see anything bad from the training..yes it is a business and they want others to join but there is nothing that Forces you to do it.. I enrolled others as this training truely taught me a lot in my life. I have choosen to stay a better person but yet I am not perfect but now recognize the things I do and how it affects myself and others.
If you truely want to expericne this don't follow everything people write on here as everybody has their own experience..go to the training and if you don't like it don't do it.
If you are worried about the change in others and how they know don't "Fit" into what you want them to be then maybe one should stop controlling how others lives should look like. Impact specifically tells people to NOT make any major changes in their life until 30 days after the training..if people make major choices they were not told to do so. I am pretty sure if they do make changes these are things they thought about but never had the guts to take the action.
Again this will never make somebody something that they are not.. .There is no force.. We all have a choice in our lives and remember this is a business...learn everything you can and you will know what feels good for you..focus on the positive and not the negative...
 14th of Mar, 2010 by   toni carter +2 Votes
IMPACT IS NON-SENSE! I beg and plead with anyone who wants to attend this class to bag the idea and not go!!! it is a deceitful horrible experience. In my mind there couldn't be a more cunning, well thought out plan from satan. It weaves gospel truths in with their lies so you feel completely against what they're saying until they throw in a truth, in which the spirit cannot deny truth, leaving you feeling uncomfortable and confused. The trainers (who haven't known you or taken the time to know you) belittle you until you feel like you're a failure. The repentance process consists of you coming unto christ to tell your sins, and at impact you're emotionally beat down into telling personal information and past conflicts you've faced to everyone. It's very much forced. prophets and general authorities have warned us about these types of programs, advising us to stay far away! it is for our personal salvation to not come unto these things! If you feel the need to build up confidence and increase your self worth, there are PLENTY of other ways to do so! instead of trying to find yourself, throw yourself into service! Service to others is the ultimate way to build up self confidence. It brings blessings upon those you serve and yourself. when you're selflessly serving others, that's when you're serving yourself the most and it is truely a freeing experience! as others read this some will disagree, i encourage you to stop reading after this blog and not take into consideration the "positive" remarks about impact! It is a tool of the devil and i HOPE you all will stay as far away from it as possible!-Toni
 18th of May, 2010 by   A.Workman -1 Votes
It is amazing how many people on this blog have suggested that anyone who has anything positive to say about the Impact Trainings must be a tool of the devil. For, by stating that positive posts are a tool of the devil, the poster must necessarily be a tool of the devil.

I really enjoyed the idea of "scripture mingled with the philosophy of men" for any communication which the receiver does not receive directly from the creator - God, is just that, the philosophy of man, mingled with scripture.

Impact Trainings, Churches, Religions, Governments... none of them cause family seperations, none of them cause family discord, none of them cause a shift in priorities. It is the choice of the individual which makes these choices. Sometimes, it just takes a little nudge to finally voice the choice though. The bible says that there are things that are to be acted upon, and beings that are to act. Humans are to act. Meaning we have the freedom of choice, others might have heard this labelled as agency, free angency or freewill and choice. We live by our choices. We die by our choices. But we choose.

Then, if the choice results in negativity, we act like victims. If somebody elses choice changes things for us, we act like victims. It is the human condition.

It is time to be accountable. It is time to be honest. It is time to stand and be counted.

All things, Impact Trainings, Churches, Religions, Governments, serve the higher good. For they all in a special way wake people up to reality, and cause humans to prepare for the day when Christ returns, however that looks.

May God be with each of us, no matter what we call HIM or HER. God bless Humanity, we are going to need it.
 18th of May, 2010 by   MVH +2 Votes
Impact Trainings is a steaming pile. Here are a few tasty "truths" you will learn from Hans and Sally:

--There is no such thing as good and bad

--"Understanding" is the booby prize of life. Now go search the scriptures and LDS Hymnbook and see how many times "understanding" is part of doctrine

--Satan is the true savior--he lowered himself so we could experience opposition

--Hans was a secret military agent who discovered ancient mysteries in the middle east

--Ask the LIfe Mastery participants about their use of staffs, crystals and chanting

--Ask the LIfe Mastery participants about their trips to Mt Shasta and the race of peope who live under the mountain

--Impact Trainings is simply the same as the Restored LDS Gospel, but better and more full. But they don't sing hymns, pray in the name of Jesus; they do not perform ordinances except counterfeit temple ordinances like foot washing

--You are responsible for all the bad things that have happened to you. If you were raped, it is your fault, you "attracted" the rapist to you.

--The is no right or wrong

--You are a failure unless you pay money to continue Impact and enroll others

So, if you believe the manic, love-bombed and mind-numbed Impact-bots who come here to tell you it is the greatest thing in the universe, just ask them about a few of these "truths" taght at Impact.
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Dave Peterson -1 Votes
Impact training is a cult just like the LDS church!
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   lorjo -2 Votes
For those of you who went to Impact and took on Ground Rules of confidentiality and are on her breaking those ground rule. Hello you are on here showing your lack of Integrity, reguardless of wheather you agree or not. You did stand in there and CHOOSE keep the sacredness and symbolic things private. If I hadn't gone and knew that then, I would consider the source and any information from you would not cary any weight. Beiliever or not who are you and what do you stant for????
 12th of Sep, 2010 by   Mad12 +1 Votes
I am trying to understand this Impact thing. I just had a some one very close to me call me crying because she feels she has lost her best friend because her sister and husband are so into this that they can no longer talk and they have lost interest in going to the Temple and this has become more important than family functions. I thought that interesting as she told me this sister that is involved was the one that after their parents passed away was so much we need to do all we can to be with family. I have been talked to about this and have never felt comfortable with the money and that every thing is such a secret. This individual loves her sister and now the sister got the other ones sister involved. There is a lot of hugging and touching and odd stuff like that going on from what I understand. I have heard families are being broken apart because of this. Something is telling my gut that something about this is wrong, evil and some one is getting rich off of good humble people.
Is this something to be concerned with like people trying to rip off old people of their life savings or is this a get rich quick deal for everyone but the mindless people sucked in.
What should I think of this and how should I council this person that I love as a sister?

Top 4 Money Scams