Icici Bank Credit Card

Debited amount from credit card without my consent!

I have credit card of ICICI bank, which i rarely use and for more than one and half year i have used once by mistake for petrol only. In the month of feb-06, i received a call from ICICI lombard that they are providing a kind of facility like if i met with accidents... Etc. In nominated hospitals the sum incurred on that will be paid by ICICI credit card and the amount will be converted into easy e.m.i. I have opted. But they have started charging the amount from next month even i have agreed to that. I made a call to customer care credit card and ICICI lombard for the same. But they have not taken any care for the same.

When i received email from ICICI bank, i told to not deduct the amount as i am not interested if the case is so i.e. In the month immediately 1st bill was raised.

Now the bills rosed upto 14890.82+1133 with penalties and all. Even credit card division continually debiting amount without my consent till it reaches to the limit of credit card and i have further stopped the same. I have received letter from their legal heir for the payment of same and i went to videocone tower to consult with their legal heir and told the all the problems i was facing. After that they have reversed the amount raised the balance bill of rs. 5,715.93 on dated 22-11-06.

I don't no why this is happening. Without my consent how they have deducted and charged from my credit card. I wrote several letters and emails to them, but i think, if this is the way to run ICICI bank credit card division than this is one of worse experience i have. I also emailed to ICICI customer care regarding the same and urge them to stop the credit card from immediate effect.
Complaint comments Comments (87) Complaint country India Complaint category Business & Finances

11th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I applied for the credit card. after that i got a call from ICICI lombard that ur card has been approved and they spoke of the conditions and still now i dint receive a call and even dint get any response from ur bank personal that ur card has been approved or rejected .waiting for about 2 mths and still dint get any response.
 14th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
icici bank delivered my fathers card which got used for 49000/- by some wrong person. after me informing and wanting to pay they still harassing me
 5th of Jan, 2007 by    0 Votes
Well, I'm just fed up with ICICI Bank Collection calls from Videocon Tower New Delhi. Those people who use to make calls to their customers, they are just harassing me by calling again and again. When I asked to them please not to call me any more and then they are trying to abuse me. Now I planned to cancel their credit card by just giving a call on their customer service number.
 23rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I called up icici and called the agent to collect the document(salary slip, bank statement, photograph and HCL id photocopy) for the GOLD card. He gave the receipt for the same and the application number was N070200569966. On calling up ICICI to know the status of the card i came to know that on this number some leela wati card is being made. I am really suspicious that how come this application number is used for this card.
 27th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
Yes, i am agreed with Mr Anil Dhyani. As the same thing happened with me too. Lombard attached one accidental policy with my credit card and started EMI. As i was already paying emi's for a loan i didn't observed it as i thought it was because of the monthly cycle. But after three month when i checked my transactions in detail i found some strange entrys in my statement. On checking with phone banking i founds about the whole episode. On confirming i asked them that without any written agreement how can ICICI start any policy with me and for the same policy even i was not aware of it. In case something happens to me will they release the claim on the basis of credit card statement. The reply was no. Also unless and until i declare one nominee no policy can be started.

However on my refusal to continue the policy they discontinued the emi's and promised to return the whole amount paid by me. Instead of returning the amount paid by me they credited some strange abt 4800/= to my account and at the same time debited another 4700/= from the account and the difference of Rs.100/= towards service charges. The services charges for the service which i didn't opted or applied for. Forget about the amount paid by me. Their this attitude was so humiliating that i straight away decided to discontinue my all relationship with the bank.

My family is having exclusive relationship with the bank and due to this unprofessional behavious by the bank is straight away going to loose the trust they have builtup in years.

ICICI is very reluctant in replying these kind of a complaints. In result they are the only one having such cases filled against them. Their DSA speaks one statement and bank denies all of the commitments made by their representatives. You still receive tele-marketing calls even if you registered with "Do not call" service.

In my opinion, they are highly unethical professionals and their aim seems to be to get money from the customer by any mean. Still remember their slogan " Hum Hai Na - Aapko pareshan karne ke liye".
 4th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
No hard copy of credit card statement received since the first purchase. Whenever I make a call to customer care they say that they have sent the hard copy with so and so courier. It will reach within 3-7 days. But I haven't got a single hard copy of my credit card statement which I am in need urgently.
 16th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had an outstanding balance of Rs. @2914 as on 1st aug , i purchased something on 2nd aug , and put a cheque of Rs.3000 on 6th august, which was debited from my account on 9th august and when on 15 aug i check the outstanding balance i have a balance of rs. 3500+ late payment fee of rs.300+service tax. If i call the customer care, those idiots ask me to wait for 8 more days! One thing which I'm damn clear about is clearing my balance and canceling the card.

RBI is the one which has to keep check on these private banks, but instead it is keeping quite and these private banks are looting india in all possible petty ways! HELL WITH U AND UR CUSTOMER CARE ICICI!
 24th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
I applied for finance of Motocycle. ICICI Bank told me that I have already taken vehicle loan and not paying the same. This is absolutely absurd. I have never taken any loan from any bank. Why ICICI Bank says this ? Even Bank is not giving me the details of the loan taken. I asked to tell me what is the vehicle and other details of the loan.
 6th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I agree with the view point expressed by others. I have a credit card and two bank accounts because of certain avoidable reasons I was defaulter for making the repayments of my credit cards for few months and after few months my possition improved and I called the ICICI vidiocon tower and requested them for final settelment by the time they set off my one of the accont and withdrawn Rs 2800.00 odd rupees without any perior information. Still I am open for the settelment with the reasonable amount with mutual concent where as they send the settelment letter for certain amount without discussing with me and although in my absence to my house and using the abusive language with my wife feeling that with this attitute they will be in a position to create panic. It seems their recovery agents are above the law. This rediculus.
 22nd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
my card number is 5177194384925001
so far i recived only two months statement only. kindly send remaining statements to my office.
i hope it will reach soon.
 25th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

I have received an SMS on my phone from the ICICI credit card division that i have to pay a sum of Rs.10789.18 towards my credit card bill.
First of all i would like to tell that i DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD only and how can they send an SMS to my cell for bill payment.
And the person to whom i spoke over the phone was so rude to me and was not listening to what i had to say. I just had to disconnect the call. It is really sad to know that such big banks do mistakes like this and trouble the people.

26th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Icici Bank Credit Card - Poor service!

Scenes last 5 years i am using the icici credit card and i am not getting statement properly from last 2 years and i don't know for what i am paying, according to me my o/s is only Rs.2000 and bank is saying approx Rs.15000 even i don't have capacity to pay the amount now a days. So and i am saying to close my card to the executives from last 6 7 months now i am so disturb because of bank i want close and settle my card!
 30th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have received a message on my mobile no 9314513981 for the deposit of Rs 638.22, whereas i have not made any payment by credit card, please send the complete detail of the payments, so that i may able to check the same. my credit card no is as hereunder:-
 6th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Icici Bank Credit Card - ICICI bank using false commitment to sell insurance policy!

ICICI bank credit card cheated with me by using Free policy of lombard, I got call from sales Exec regarding a free policy of Lombard of Rs 20 Lacks, I she told me that this policy is absolutely free for good cust like u. I was not sure on the I recorded that call & ready for the same, But when I received my statement on on 25.09.07. I come to know that I was cheated by ICICI bank coa they ask me to pay Rs. 945/- per month for next 12 month. Then I contacted to cust care dept but they also not responding properly & avoided my call through disconnecting the line each time.

Viaks dharkar
 11th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I applied for credit card last week of Feb'07. I came to know that it has been activated on March'07. And now it is 11th Sep'07, but still I have not received the card. Since last seven months I am calling the customer care, they ask me to wait for a week. Hence I am waiting for 25 weeks. But no response from the bank. I never saw such poor services in the world.
 19th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

ICICI Cr card - Missuse of my Cr Card of amt Rs 62000/-

Dear Concern

Somebody booked Railway/AIR tickets by indian Railway/Yatra online website of amt Rs 62000/- in July 2007.Immed i informed to ICICI bank on same day of recpt of cr card bill.They asked me to send a fax.I have given fax with details of transaction.Then Log the complaint in Vashi Police stn and Commisioner office at Belapur.After 60 days now ICICI cr card dept saying that I have to pay the whole amt.I am suprise to see in Oct bill they have added my total loan amt Rs 50000/- which i have taken in the month of July 2007 and not paid the EMI due to this despute which are comming in the same statement.

Kindly help me out from this issue.

Thanks & Regards....
Anil Sonat
ICICU Cr Card No 4477 4670 2298 1002
 22nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
This is Ilango. Credit card no.4477 4608 2410 4006. When the credit card statement received for the last month I was absolutely shocked.In this statement you charged the amount 8866.67 was absolutely wrong. I made the purchase for that period was only Rs 4960.00 only including my loan amount Rs.1350. But this is ridiculous. And once again the amount for Lombard health insurance charged. Its over in the last month.

I dont know whether your people are working or not. How this nonsense happen again and again. I lost my patience by your peoples poor performance.

This time I am not going to pay any thing. Your representative has to come directly explain me. Other wise I am not going to pay anything.

The amount charged Rs 4249.91 as EMI principal. I dont known how it is charged. Please explain me. I need your immediate response over phone. You know one thing I am the prompt customer of ICICI bank credit cards.But this time definitely i wont pay any thing. Please treat this as a urgent matter and call me.

CELL NO: 9994196347
 22nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have never received a credit card while the ICICI bank claims the delivery to my address and issue is shown in reference to a ration card no. Which is not existing. The fake person who is holding the card had misused the card to the tune of 60000/- and bank is sending me the reminders. Despite of intimation to Bank regarding the matter, instead of sending the proof of delivery, Bank is only insisting on payment of the transaction amount which I am not aware of. Could any one help me out to come out of the issue.
 1st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I applied for the credit card. After that I got a call from (John Praveen Form this no 044 45583532) ICICI Lombard that your card has been approved and they spoke of the conditions and still now I dint receive a call and even dint get any response from your bank personal that your card has been approved or rejected. Waiting for about 2 months and still dint get any response. And if we call there is no response from ICICI not even picking up the phone.
 2nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have hold ICICI credit card no. 4477466988173000. I am not receiving any bill statement or sms on my mobile how I deposit money or paid my bill.

ICICI Bank Logo ICICI Bank