logo

scamed/ripoff

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ice platinum rewards, Salt Lake City, Utah Complaints & Reviews - misrepresentation

ice platinum rewards Contacts & Informations

ice platinum rewards

Posted:    kmason521

misrepresentation

Salt Lake City, Utah
Offered a free cruise, $1200.00 cash credit for depositing my Westgate resort week and offered free 1 week resort stay. Already had a 15 year membership that I never used and they offered me the above for an additional $1500.00 Well I was told that the week I deposited was deposited too late and that I would have to deposit the following years week to get my $1, 000.00 cash credit. Then the free cruise cost me $1685.00 and the free resort isn't free you have to end up paying an additional $1200.00 for the week and it is at a low end resort! I do not see myself using this company in the future as the savings ends up only being $300.00 per cruise so BIG MISTAKE if you aren't part of this organization STAY CLEAR DON"T DO IT
Comments United States Vacation Clubs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2010 by   The key to TS is read your terms n cond. 0 Votes
Just a Friendly FYI! When TS owners deposit thier week or weeeks they need to be at least 6months out so that the exchange companies have enough time to exchange them for you. Timeshares are for peolpe & families that want to travel & do travel & will cont to travel, so inregards to your membership, why woud you even think of buying additional travel or a cruise certificate when you dont use your travel membership as it is?

Sorry but that's your bad!! I have rented TS for years & I am someone that does travel & will cont to travel thru TS's!!! FYI2 Don't do what I did ...If you own a TS it's a good idea you don't just buy one & then come home & stash the bag of Great Goodies (Extra Incentives ) in your closet & forget about it until a year later. Well then it's to late to get all the free memerships members that was given to you by Westgate at the time of purchase... Westgate is known for giving out great memberships for free!!! Happy Travels!!!
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   big john 2667 0 Votes
I disagree strongly. I am a member and have been for many years and have had nothing but good experiences with ICE. I also purchased a lifetime membership and was given the same incentive certs. I booked my free stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach and paid $0.oo. This is not a low end resort, this is one of the best in mexico.
I havent booked my cruise cert yet, but I have been quoted on a few and the only thing I have to pay is the ports and taxes..If I wanted to upgrade to a balcony then I would have paid upgrade fees, but I will go with the free inside cabin I think.
As far as the week deposit, I havent tried this yet, but I do remember them telling me it had to be at least 6 months in advance.
Lastly ONLY $300 per cruise? You have to be joking...My membership is for a lifetime, I sure dont expect to save the entire amount on 1 transaction.
From what I see this is a great program.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   virgilio pizani 0 Votes
ice platinum rewards

it is badddddddddd dot waste your money!!!
 16th of Aug, 2012 by   LOVE ICE 0 Votes
Have been a member for 15 years and love it. I save around $3000 per year using it and the best deal is booking air. My friends love to use it and love the Instant Vacations. THOSE PEOPLE WHO POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS ARE IDIOTS THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF USEFUL PROGRAMS AND NEVER UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY.
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   Been scammed once, but never again 0 Votes
This is the biggest scam of all time!!!

The salesperson tells you that he will give you 50, 000 free credits that you can utilize for Resorts, Hotel and Cruises. When you call to use the credits to book a Hotel, they tell you that you can only use it on Resorts and Cruises. These credits can also be earned by using their services to book resorts, hotels or cruises. You can even trade your timeshare week for 10, 000 credits which is the equivalent of up to $1, 200 off a cruise? Well try to book a Cruise with the credits and you'll only gets about $750 discount off the cruise. So that means you still have to pay another $1, 000 out of pocket for an oceanview room or suite, unless you want to stay in that box inside the cruise ship.

If you get approached by this company, don't fall for it. Unless you want to pay $1, 500 for a discount program that only offers you about 10% to 15% off of what you can normally get off of expedia.ca, travelocity, etc...
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   LOVE ICE 0 Votes
The last statement is not correct. I have booked cruises many times using and not using the points. The compare to expedia and others is not correct I always get 35% or more off an equal booking without using the points. What the person is doing is looking for the cheapest deals and short cruises which do not give the best benefit and then trying to get a further discount and then scanning the Internet without trying to actually book something to see if it is for real. I notice that a lot of the Internet adds are tricky and when you try to book it changes or is no longer available. I also noticed different banners from different adds using different computers or pads at the same time using the same searching tools. This means what you see could be determined by your cookies and where you have been looking in the past. Some times using the points is a good value sometimes not. You have to use discretion when using the points however they are free so what is the issue anyway?
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   seesawrn 0 Votes
I have had good luck with ICE. Used my free resort stay and was in the best cabin on the property.
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   LOVE ICE 0 Votes
I am now having problems with my account. After about 2 1/2 years my lifetime account has been canceled and I am not getting any help from them to solve the issue. I keep getting put off to other people who make excuses and never re contact me. This is upsetting and I will begin to start posting more negative comments on the Internet if I am not able to get this fixed.
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   smilam 0 Votes
Ice Platinum Rewards offered a lifetime membership with reduced prices on vacation resorts, airlines, cruises, and hotels. For a fee of almost $2000.00 we were to receive the lifetime membership plus FREE certificates for a seven day resort stay plus a FREE four day cruise. The problem--they have been taking the payments out of my checking account every month, but when we tried to book our resort stay--we find the certificate is only good if we pay an additional fee of almost $700.00 which does not include tax. This additional amount is not part of the initial fee. They really pulled a good one on me. I'd like Ice Platinum Rewards to refund our money, and never call us again. I will post negative reviews about this company, and certainly would not recommend them to anyone.
 6th of Oct, 2013 by   travelagent1234 0 Votes
I worked for ICE gallery for 6 years scamming people out of money. I took about $500, 000 in that time from people who just wanted to go on vacations. The 50, 000 points they give you are worth whatever they say they're worth. (50, 000 X 0 = 0). And the comlimentary cruise for the lifetime membership is anything but complimentary. After my daughter passed away I did not like scamming people and tried to change things. They let me go 3 weeks after. If you have paid this company money dispute it with your credit card company immediately. Its the only way you will get your money back outside of their 10 day recision period. It's complete misrepresentastion. Seraj ardakani and Brian almindo are the supervisors in memberships.
 30th of Dec, 2013 by   ladames 0 Votes
I booked an all inclusive resort vacation to find out the day I checked in that my family wan't included in the reservation. This was Christmas day 2013 and I was stuck in an island with no reservation for my kids and had to pay the resort AGAIN for something I had already paid this agency. Tried calling ice platnium and they were closed on christmas day... spend hours on the phone trying to get a hold of a supervisor without luck... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE ITS A SCAM!!
 5th of Apr, 2014 by   AK Cracker 0 Votes
I too paid for the lifetime membership upgrade because I was promised enough to offset the $3500 outlay (2 certificates that I was told could be used for 2 $1500 cruises, 60k points that I was told was worth up to $600, & $1000 vacation cash) - sounded like a great deal. salesman said I would receive 1 cruise cert. & 1 resort cert. but could exchange either for either. First problem occurred when I tried to exchange the resort cert. for another cruise cert. - was told I could only exchange cruise cert. for resort cert., not the other way. Second problem occurred when I used my resort cert., my cruise cert. became inactive - now they tell me I can only use 1 of the 2 certs! Lastly, the points can only be used on specific properties, at values determined by ice (looks like avg. $3 per 100 pts - not nearly $600 in value - and only about 10-15% off per booking at best). love the promise & potential, but hate the lies.
 7th of May, 2014 by   P. Strauss 0 Votes
DO NOT waste your money buying anything from ICE!!! They make you think you are getting a wonderful deal!!! They promise you the moon and back!!! Don't be foolish as I was and buy ANYHING from this company!!! They do nothing but lie and do not honor ANYTHING they promise!!! I was promised a FREE cruise any time I wanted to go, ANYWHERE I wanted to go in the WORLD!!! LOL!!! I guess I was the fool to believe such an offer!!! But, shame on me!!! I did trust them!!! When I tried to book my FREE cruise, "oh no!!!", We will give you a discount on any cruise you select, but free, no way!!! They lied!!! I even had it in writing!!! They still did not honor it!!! I have tried numerous times to book a cruise through ICE since then. I now have a lifetime membership with 57, 000 points to boot! Oh! I can only use 10, 000 points per cruise!!! OK, let me use my 10, 000 points toward this cruise!!! Oh! It has to be an expensive cruise, now!!! OK, now I try to book an "expensive" cruise!!! Oh!!! Now, I can only use 2500 points!!! Are you kidding me?!? I asked for a supervisor and all I get is, oh, there are certain limitations, blah, blah, blah!!! So, 5 years later and thousands of dollars wasted, I have not used this "ICE" program not one single time!!! I go on cruises all the time, and you can get MUCH BETTER RATES booking your cruise straight through the cruise line!!! Trust me!!! I love cruises!!! I travel all the time!!! Don't believe ANYTHING this company tells you!!! It is a very fraudulent company, full of liars and thieves!!! I GAVE then thousands of dollars for NOTHING BUT LIES!!! RUN!!!
 7th of May, 2014 by   P. Strauss 0 Votes
After reading the other reviews posted since I posted mine, BELIEVE them!!! They are true!!! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS COMPANY TELLS YOU!!! I was told the same lies they were told!!! I so wish I had the opportunity to take back my mistake for buying into this company!!! But, unfortunately, for me, it's too late!!! All I can do now is try to warn any other suckers from making the same mistake that I made! I wish I had all the money I spent on my first purchase as well as the "UPGRADE I BOUGHT FOR THE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP, " to use toward SEVERAL REALLY NICE CRUISES with my ENTIRE family!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ICE!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!! Book your cruises on line yourself!!! This is how you will save money and get better deals!!! RUN!!! When they call you, hang up!!! When they approach you at any vacation site with their lies, RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN!!!
 17th of May, 2014 by   Anne-MarieN -1 Votes
I suppose I am fortunate because I only spent $500 for a 5 year membership, but after checking on some of the supposed "deals" -- what a joke. The Platinum Rewards "savings" for cruises are on brochure prices - which no one ever pays. (It's like paying sticker price for a car.) The airfares are the same rates you'd get if you go directly to the airlines, or Expedia, etc. The claimed "best price guarantee" is a solid joke. Don't waste your money on this program.
The sad part is that most people reading these reviews have already made the financial commitment to the ICE Platinum Rewards scam, and it's too late for anything but regrets.
 23rd of May, 2014 by   travel311 0 Votes
I just want to say thank you for the posts on here. I bought into LVHC and it came with a 2-yr membership for ICE. After I activated my account I was immediately called to confirm information and then they tried to talk me into extending my contract (which I just activated). I haven't even tried out the membership I have! This made me extremely suspicious so I looked online for reviews and found these. I'll be sure to use my "free" 2 membership first before I agree to invest any more money in a "Vacation club." I'm already feeling burnt by the lies told by the LVHC salesperson.
 8th of Jun, 2014 by   93Pony 0 Votes
Thanks for the comments. My wife and I just bought into this program. We were discussing the terms and promises given us on the way home from the purchase and discovered it didn't add up in our favor, even if true. There was no way to prove that what they promised was true. You just have to believe them. I will use my Right of Recision tomorrow. One salesman said I will save 40-65% off of airfare. Another salesman said we wont save much at all on airfare but we will save on cruises and resorts. He also said you can book Mexico resorts for $49/week without using ICE. He said DO NOT exchange week points for Mexico resorts. This is the salesman. I'm bailing out. thank you all.
 17th of Jul, 2014 by   LizethMont 0 Votes
Hola a todos I'm from Mexico. Compré la membresía ICE Platinum Rewards por $12000 pesos mexicanos en el Hotel Krystal de Puerto Vallarta. Los vendedores muy atentos y amables al igual que ustedes nos ofrecieron semañas de hospedaje en los mejores hoteles del mundo desde $99.00 usd hasta $399 usd. Mi novio y yo compramos esta membresía con la ilusión de viajar más y también para obtener algunas ganancias extras vendiendo los viajes entre conocidos. Pero al leer todos los comentarios anteriores estoy realmente asustada y decepcionada ya que el ejectuvo de ventas nos dio la confianza, nos contó que el tenía dicha membresía y salía con sus hijos de vacaciones, hasta nos brindo su número celular para que lo llamaramos si teníamos cualquier duda. El próximo mes terminaremos de pagar la membresía y espero de todo corazón que no sea una farsa.
 21st of Jul, 2014 by   Ice reward certif 0 Votes
I have the certificates * reward points certificate 10, 000.00 and the Great Resort Getaways certificate last minute resort stay which were given to me for free due to buying another membership at the Riviera Maya Cancun, Mexico for about 9 thousand dollars for 100points . The certificates supposedly are good for two years. I have not used them. i have used my Barcelo membership before. I been getting calls from the ICE representative off and on throughout past year in a half. i am glad I read your comments. I definitely do not want to be scammed.

Shop on Small Business Saturday