logo

Phony Psychics

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Hydroxatone LLc, Jersey City, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Bait you for more money

Hydroxatone LLc Contacts & Informations

Hydroxatone LLc

Posted:    A. Ballard

Bait you for more money

Hydroxatone LLC/Bellezza Products
P.O. Box 9300
Jersey City, New Jersey
Phone: 800-672-2259
I ordered the Hydroxatone eye treatment thinking that I would only pay the s/h fee of $6.95 for one sample, then be given the option to order more at the regular price if I chose. Well, when I got the 'sample(s)', I was given a bill for $209.85, I did not understand why because they did not explain that when I ordered over the phone. They also tried to sell up other products for a low intro fee or s/h type fee of which I told them no, no, no... So far, no bills for those yet. However, when I tried to cancel the Hydroxatone and return it (I did not even open any of them to even use them, I just sent them back), it took over a week (10/29/09 rec'd to 11/7/09)to get through the phone lines because of the extremely long hold. I'm sure they do that on purpose. I was not happy about this scam at all. They should be ashamed of themselves doing business like that.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jan, 2010 by   Kapiolani8 +1 Votes
I was on the call for this product and before the call ended I was completely against purchasing so I discontinued the order - and called the company to advise disregard this entry. They said it would ship because I did not finish the call. This was not information given me on the call and there was no way I would have known to cancel at the END of this very lengthy sales pitch. I've just gotten off of another call with Hydroxatone customer service Darryl who again advised me I was libel and that I could ship it back at the cost of another shipment and have nothing to show for it. I asked for a supervisor to call me and he advised me repeatedly one would call back within 24 to 48 hours. This is a travesty, one can not know how deeply into these people one can be and it is very frighteningly costly and you have nothing but the drama of having been told you are in the wrong and it will cost you... This type of scam has to end.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Neeroc +1 Votes
I never received the product and still they are billing me. After I hung up from the very long recorded sales pitch, I went on line to try to find an e-mail address or phone number where you could actually speak to someone but no such luck. I should have done this first. Never trust a company that does not have an e-mail address or LIVE customer service number where you can talk to someone prior to ordering the so called "FREE" trial bottle.
The next day, I closed my debit card account and opened a new one. Am I glad I did!!! I never received the product but have received invoices for over $200.00!!. I've tried to get through on the number on the letters but don't have that kind of time to sit on hold. They don't even have a street address on their invoice, only a post office box. I'm sure this is a company out of the country doing business out of a PO Box #. I'm sure I will never get the postage back for the product I never received.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   brent0nw 0 Votes
i hope you realize your acct that you closed will still be put into submission for a collections agency. which will freeze funds on your other acct and ruin your credit score.
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   dog7 0 Votes
Their office is located at 50 Harrison Street, Suite 106, Hoboken, NJ 07030 AND 801 Main Street, Suite 1800, Richmond, VA 23219. The agent for these LLCs are: Andrew Surwilo (NJ) and Brian R. Pitney (VA).

I suggest sending a complaint to the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, Attorney General and the Representatives of the House and Senate in each state.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   thecaldwells 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me as with A Ballard. I too thought I would be getting a sample only. They sent my bill for $209. which I have refused to pay. I called for a return authorization number, which I received, but they never mentioned that there would be no refunds. What a scam! I have an unopened product that I do not want, but if I return it I don't get my money back.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   aannaf 0 Votes
I also have been billed for this product which I did not order! I did send for samples - "Money back guarantee" and returned the samples since they caused an allergic reaction. I have a USPS delivery confirmaton. But was still billed. In order to get the return confirmation number I had to try 3 different phone numbers (disconnected) before I finally reached Hydroxatone. After talking with "Stanley" at extension 805, he agreed to cancel any order from me AND return my initial S&H costs. This has not happened and I have now been billed for a month's supply. I will be contacting the AG's office in New Jersey to find out which office licensed this company and place a formal complaint.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by   LValdana 0 Votes
I agreed to a 30-Day Risk-Free Trial for $7.95. They billed by credit card for the $7.95 plus an additional $6.00 and sent an invoice with the product for $133.90; saying that they would bill my credit card in two equal installments. They also have the following notice on the bill in bold letters "Calling your credit card company before calling our Customer Service department could cause delays and issues with your credits." HEADS UP! Call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY! Change your credit card number before they charge your card again. Then, report them to the FTC, Better Business Bureau, and the USPS for mail fraud.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by   LValdana 0 Votes
The other names used by this same company are
Hydroxatone
Instant Effect
Luminque
Instant Wrinkle Filler
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   A. Ballard 0 Votes
While they are a total rip, they still advertise like they are ok with what they do and how they treat customers...
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   Lee Marquez 0 Votes
In september 2010 I ordered the cream anti-wrinkle complex and i paid these but the company continuos charging my credit card and i can't communicate with them because the lines always long hold. However, when I tried to cancel the Hydroxatone and return it (I did not even open any of them to even use them, I just sent them back), it took over a week (12/06/10 rec'd to 12/10/10)to get through the phone lines because of the extremely long hold. I'm sure they do that on purpose. I was not happy about this scam at all.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   Lanelle Lovelace 0 Votes
I saw a compelling ad for Hydroxatone on the internet. Since it gives a 30-day free trial period I figured I would give it a try. I began using it as soon as I received it, looking forward to the awesome results they advertise. No results in a week, no results in 2 weeks, no results in 3 weeks, so I called & emailed them (11/29/10) to let them know that I had not experienced any of the advertised results and I did not want them to send me any more of the product or charge me for the product.

12/2/10 they took $69.95 from my account (I had used a debit card). I wrote & reiterated the fact that I had told them I did not want a product that didn't work & did not want to be billed for a product that didn't work & I didn't want, yet they had taken $69.95 from my account. I demanded that my money be returned to me.

12/13/10 I received a message from them stating that they would refund my money as soon as they received the unused product & they were sorry for any inconvenience.

1/11/11 I sent another email asking where my refund was since I had returned the unused product exactly as they had specified.

1/18/11 I sent another email to them after talking with my bank to see if Hydroxatone had refunded my money yet. Instead of refunding me, they were attempting to remove another $69.95 from my account while I was on the phone with my bank! I had already had to put a hold on my card, but when I found this out I had to completely stop my card & get a new one. In my email to them on 1/18/11 I told them I knew that they were attempting to remove more money from my account & that my bank was also aware of it. I again told them to refund my money & added that they are unethical, reprehensible, and behaving fraudulently.

On 1/21/11 they claimed that I was already refunded! I wrote back & told them that I had not been refunded & reiterated that my bank knew what was going on.

On 1/26/11 they said I hadn't been refunded because I didn't send enough of the product back! I wrote back the same day to let them know that I had returned the unused portion exactly as they had told me to do & I still wanted my money back.

On 2/4/11 I received the following message: "I do apologized for the inconvenience and frustration that you may have incurred. However, as an employee of this company, I must protect it when we are accused of scamming or false advertising. When someone places an order, we specifically tell them, that they will receive a 30 day risk-free trial. Which means, whomever orders the product can try it free for 30 days, with no risk or obligation to buy it. That is also clearly stated on the invoice. It’s to protect you (the consumer) and our company.
Once again thank you for your time and support. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us and any one of our representatives will be happy to assist you."

To which I replied, on the same day: "Then where is my refund? And why did you continue to attempt to take money from my account when I had told you I did not want the product because it didn't work (before the month trial period was over) AND after I had already returned the product?!!! If the company was really as honest as you claim, then why have your people done such rotten, dishonest things? GIVE ME MY REFUND! If I don't receive it within a week, you will be reported for behaving fraudulently and very dishonestly. I have been more than patient with you people and given you MANY chances to return my money. No more. Either I get my money within a week or you are being reported."

It is now 2/11/11 and I am reporting them everywhere I can think of! They also caused me an overdraft charge because they took my money out of my account when they claimed they would not. So even though I have only insisted that they give me back the $69.95, they actually owe me another $24 for the overdraft fee!
 24th of Jan, 2014 by   Lisa Burge 0 Votes
They Send Me So Much To Use In 2 Months Then Ship More And Have Access To My Account ... How Do I Cancel This Product As At The Moment I Have Enough Tubs To Last Me 2 Years Not 2 Months :(

Mortgage Scam Scheme